I know I'm pale, enough.. swedishbror's Avatar
    swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000)

Is nosebleeds a sign of iron deficiency?

I get nosebleeds like every second workout now a days. Mainly during compound movements such as: deadlifts, squats and even military press.
    It's annoying as hell to have to stick up paper up your nose almost every workout and I'm starting to think of ways to maybe prevent it.
    Read online that it is due to iron deficiency, is that true?

Is it dangerous or am I just pushing myself as hard as you should?
    NO supplements, NO protein powders

MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrZpilot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by swedishbror View Post
    I get nosebleeds like every second workout now a days. Mainly during compound movements such as: deadlifts, squats and even military press.
    It's annoying as hell to have to stick up paper up your nose almost every workout and I'm starting to think of ways to maybe prevent it.

I'd see a doctor IMO.
    "Bodybuilding isn't a path towards optimal health, it's about hypertrophy & leaness. A bodybuilding diet isn't one for health & neither is the style of conditioning."
    -Womanoid

"The names of the foods you eat are not relevant to the outcome of your diet. What is relevant is total daily energy intake (calories) and micro/macronutrient sufficiency. "
    -Wonderpug

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There can be a number of causes, including acutely high blood pressure during exercise. It would be prudent to speak to your physician before engaging in such exercise again.

swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000) swedishbror is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    There can be a number of causes, including acutely high blood pressure during exercise. It would be prudent to speak to your physician before engaging in such exercise again.
    Well, I've done some research and I'm not getting light headed, nauseus or an "extreme pulse". So most likely I think I have some kind of sinus problem.
    I had this problem a while ago and my doctor told me to use a nose spray which kept the sinuses humid. This worked back in the day but not anymore.
    I guess I have to pay a visit to him again, thought the "iron deficiency" theory was it...

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If it's always on one side, it could be an infection, I had this for years until I went to the doctor and got a course of antibiotics in the form of a cream to shove up your nose.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If it's always on one side, it could be an infection, I had this for years until I went to the doctor and got a course of antibiotics in the form of a cream to shove up your nose.
    Good point, but it's mostly through both oddly enough.

CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CapitalG8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i get random bloody noses.... but note it is not specific to the gym and therefore not the same situation as you... i went to see a doctor and this is what you should do as well.

he couldnt really find anything and i got a second opinion including an MRI. nothing.

i contribute it to dry sinuses and the fact that my blood is pretty thin..... when i bleed, i bleed a lot but luckly i coagulate quickly too.

but really the only part that matters is that you go see a doctor about it. it could be something insignificant or something major.

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Originally Posted by CapitalG8 View Post
    i get random bloody noses.... but note it is not specific to the gym and therefore not the same situation as you... i went to see a doctor and this is what you should do as well.

he couldnt really find anything and i got a second opinion including an MRI. nothing.

i contribute it to dry sinuses and the fact that my blood is pretty thin..... when i bleed, i bleed a lot but luckly i coagulate quickly too.

but really the only part that matters is that you go see a doctor about it. it could be something insignificant or something major.
    I did see a doctor when I was like 13 years old when I use to have nosebleeds randomly, and it turned out to be nothing more...

Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    thanks for the link

rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rowan57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    This, I use the cream when I see a fleck of blood and don't get any more nose bleeds.

Eat Sleep Lift and Poop Killshot1's Avatar
    Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Has it been just more or less recently, or in the past as well? I think it might have to do something with the weather/dry air. I seem to have been getting nose bleeds quite often lately because of the dry air
    Engineering Master Race

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you hold your breath when you squat?

If you do, stop
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive

Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bigd2x0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nosebleeds are also a sign of alien abduction.
    IF'r 20/4

Originally Posted by IraHays View Post
    Do you hold your breath when you squat?

If you do, stop
    I do sort of breathing squatz, you know breath normally for 5-7 seconds at the starting position.
    Then as I go down I take a deep breath and create abdominal pressure to stabilize my core.
    Then breath out while going upwards.
    I thought that was the way to do it?

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Then breath out while going upwards.
    I thought that was the way to do it?
    Yes, perfect.
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive