dj_eu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New IFPA rules: Clarification requested

I was wondering if someone can help clarify the following statement in an e-mail I got from IFPA:

"If a competitor elects to voluntarily give up pro status to go back to amateur competition, he/she cannot ever go back to the IFPA pro level."

Does this mean that if I don't compete for two years and lose IFPA Pro status, I could never obtain the IFPA pro designation, even by winning the qualifying show?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Taking a break from competing to build bodybuilding apps at we-compete.com

Team Animal http://www.kurtweidner.net
    http://www.teamanimal.net

cvail71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dj_eu View Post
    I was wondering if someone can help clarify the following statement in an e-mail I got from IFPA:

"If a competitor elects to voluntarily give up pro status to go back to amateur competition, he/she cannot ever go back to the IFPA pro level."

Does this mean that if I don't compete for two years and lose IFPA Pro status, I could never obtain the IFPA pro designation, even by winning the qualifying show?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Eugene, I'd send an email to Matt asking him if that's what it means. When I first read it I assumed it was meant for when someone realizes they aren't quite ready for the pro stage and want to "quit" their pro status and go back to competing as an amatuer - then they could not regain their pro status. I thought when the announcement was first made a couple years ago about competing every X years that it said you'd have to re-qualify as a pro if you lost your pro status (but I don't remember for sure). But you raise a good question.

ugman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dj_eu View Post

Thanks a lot in advance!
    I'd say no... I believe what he means, if within the 2 season time frame you have to compete, you decide by your own choice to give up the card and compete amateur, you cannot requalify.
    However, if you just don't compete for 2 seasons, you can still requalify. Matt would be able to answer it best for you since he made the rule, but I'm an IFPA promoter... and I believe that's the intention
    of the rule.

dj_eu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In case anyone is interested, I did ask Matt this past weekend about these new rules. Ken is correct, if you do not compete as a pro for 2 years and lose your IFPA card, you can become an IFPA pro again by winning the qualifying overall.
    Taking a break from competing to build bodybuilding apps at we-compete.com

Team Animal http://www.kurtweidner.net
    http://www.teamanimal.net