kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How Much BCAA per day?

hey guys, i was asking myself how much should i take of BCAA per day?

Iam already taking 2 scoop of ON whey per day + 1 scoop of ON casein per day, which i guess already has BCAA, but i wonder, should and i could take more of it in pills with no problem to my health?

could someone link me for the kick @SS BCAA on bb store?

iam 1.74m and 71kilos 5 or 6% bf

Thanks guys

Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you can take addtl BCAA if desired, no worry to your health whatsoever.
    the worry would be to your pocketbook..
    if you are getting your protein in, chances are you will notice nothing special by adding addtl BCAA.

now, if you were cutting and reducing food intake and wanted to take BCAA to help maintain muscle tissue, then i might make a different recommendation.

kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingnino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks man, so, do u know any good BCAA to me give a try then?

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kingnino View Post
    Depends on what you are looking for.

Bulk ON BCAAs are good if you want to add them to protein or other things.

Intraworkouts: Purple Wraath, Xtend, Intrabolic, Strive, Core ABC are all good.

You can grab a free sample of Purple Wraath from my sig and try it for yourself.

As was said, you are going to get the best results when training fasted or on a caloric deficit.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

iam looking for gain weight with same bf, i never did this thing of bulk and cut.

I train really hard, push my body to extreme and love my arms full of veins , all i want is make it bigger ;D

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    iam looking for gain weight with same bf, i never did this thing of bulk and cut.

I train really hard, push my body to extreme and love my arms full of veins , all i want is make it bigger ;D
    Read this first: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    Controlled Labs Warder

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

sure

Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey guys, i was asking myself how much should i take of BCAA per day?

Iam already taking 2 scoop of ON whey per day + 1 scoop of ON casein per day, which i guess already has BCAA, but i wonder, should and i could take more of it in pills with no problem to my health?

could someone link me for the kick @SS BCAA on bb store?

iam 1.74m and 71kilos 5 or 6% bf

Thanks guys
    It seems from your posts you are a little new to this. Be sure to do some research on training/dieting to make sure those are covered. Without that down no supplements will deliver the results you are looking for.

As for BCAAs, there is no true limit but on any given day Id recommend 10-20g daily, preferably during training. Extra BCAAs will be of no harm at all to your health. If you can, opt for a BCAA in powder form over pill.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/xtend.html

This is a top seller, recovery product of the year for 6 years in a row and a preferred by BCAA supp by countless people.

It is best used DURING your workout. The free form aminos will be able to bypass the digestive process and be expelled instantly into the bloodstream to be delivered to where they are needed (muscles being trained as they will lose aminos).

On top of that Xtend offers

-bonded citrulline
    -b6
    -glutamine
    -electrolytes

Originally Posted by powercage View Post

You can grab a free sample of Purple Wraath from my sig and try it for yourself.

As was said, you are going to get the best results when training fasted or on a caloric deficit.
    The options mentioned are all great choices.

If bulking you can also dose something like Xtend between meals for the leucine content to keep protein synthesis levels elevated. People have been reporting great gains with this.

hmm fine, someone has tryed amino energy from optimum?

if yes the diference is big or irrelevant to xtend?

hmm fine, someone has tryed amino energy from optimum?

if yes the diference is big or irrelevant to xtend?
    Big difference.

If you want BCAAs. Choose a dedicated BCAA or EAA product. The levels are much higher.
    Controlled Labs Warder

how about the EAA NITRO from universal? remember iam in brazil, i dont have ALL the products u guys got avaliable there

so that EAA NITRO works nice?

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by powercage View Post

Good Options here.. another vote for Xtend, tastes great and its very cost/effective.

Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You might want to add up how much protein you eat per day and run the math. Since 20% of most quality protein sources is BCAA, most people are already getting between 40-60 grams per day. Not so sure what people think an addition 5-10 gr is going to do.

I think BCAA is good if your following a Vegan diet or something like that.

Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swedeheart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Yamar1 View Post
    You might want to add up how much protein you eat per day and run the math. Since 20% of most quality protein sources is BCAA, most people are already getting between 40-60 grams per day. Not so sure what people think an addition 5-10 gr is going to do.

I think BCAA is good if your following a Vegan diet or something like that.
    BCAAs are great on top of a high protein diet. At Scivation our dieting principles focus around high protein yet still supplementing with BCAAs Intra.

There is a difference between free form aminos in Xtend and peptide bonded in foods. The BCAAs in Xtend bypass the digestive tract and are released into the bloodstream almost immediately. That is why its similar to continuously feeding your muscles during training, hence the increased recovery.

BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Swedeheart View Post
    BCAAs are great on top of a high protein diet. At Scivation our dieting principles focus around high protein yet still supplementing with BCAAs Intra.

There is a difference between free form aminos in Xtend and peptide bonded in foods. The BCAAs in Xtend bypass the digestive tract and are released into the bloodstream almost immediately. That is why its similar to continuously feeding your muscles during training, hence the increased recovery.
    This forum has become a cesspool of intentionaly misleading supplement company reps.
    Pity ...
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA

"Talk all you want about arcane bodybuilding theories. I'll be in the gym. It's leg day"
    -Dave Draper

"Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back."
    -Henry Rollins

"What is good? — All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself in man ... The feeling that power increases — that a resistance is overcome."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000)
    sounds like youre trying to gain some size and therefore you dont need no focking bcaa supplement. you just need more food.
    They see me rollin'
    They all hatin'
    Cause they aint drollin'

Originally Posted by BULLandTERRIER View Post
    This forum has become a cesspool of intentionaly misleading supplement company reps.
    Pity ...
    How so?

I was just stating the facts of how a BCAA supp has its place and role in diet/training.

BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the facts
    A fact (derived from the Latin Factum) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case.
    In the most basic sense, a scientific fact is an objective and verifiable observation, in contrast with a hypothesis or theory, which is intended to explain or interpret facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable experiments.

Please, give us the facts
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA

"Talk all you want about arcane bodybuilding theories. I'll be in the gym. It's leg day"
    -Dave Draper

"Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back."
    -Henry Rollins

"What is good? — All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself in man ... The feeling that power increases — that a resistance is overcome."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000) Yamar1 is just really nice. (+1000)

I know. The human body has evolved so inefficiently that regular food simply isn't enough? If you don't ingest free form BCAA's between every meal your muscle mass will just dissolve into sh*t. I'm considering going on an amino acid IV drip to continuously feed my muscles between sets so I can recover

Originally Posted by BULLandTERRIER View Post
    A fact (derived from the Latin Factum) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case.
    In the most basic sense, a scientific fact is an objective and verifiable observation, in contrast with a hypothesis or theory, which is intended to explain or interpret facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable experiments.

Please, give us the facts
    The fact that there is a different reaction when ingesting free form aminos such as those in Xtend compared to peptide bonded aminos from food.

As I just mentioned prior "There is a difference between free form aminos in Xtend and peptide bonded in foods. The BCAAs in Xtend bypass the digestive tract and are released into the bloodstream almost immediately. That is why its similar to continuously feeding your muscles during training, hence the increased recovery.

Which is what I was referencing by saying they have their place alongside a diet/training program.

chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chimeranD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How so?

I was just stating the facts of how a BCAA supp has its place and role in diet/training.
    The fact is that if you're eating a high protein diet there is no need for free form bcaa's. It's well known that unless someone is completely fasted, they still have a steady stream of amino acids going into the bloodstream. I think that's what he has a problem with, if you can get Mr. Norton in here to say otherwise Ill step aside.

Originally Posted by chimeranD View Post
    The fact is that if you're eating a high protein diet there is no need for free form bcaa's. It's well known that unless someone is completely fasted, they still have a steady stream of amino acids going into the bloodstream. I think that's what he has a problem with, if you can get Mr. Norton in here to say otherwise Ill step aside.
    I will see what I can do : )

cleoxx720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

for muscle soreness?

Hey so i'm a chick and wondered if BCAA would help decrease muscle soreness. If so i got a 2:1:1 product (GNC product just to try it out) and its 30g a serving so i take 1/2 before my workout and 1/2 after; however, i am currently taking a protein supplement (promasil 20g per serving, typically one serving a day) but this is just to get my protein intake over 100 g a day, i also take a multivitamin and 2 grams of fish oil a day. Should i consider taking another supplement for DOMS? and if i consume around 15-20 grams of protein after every workout is it necessary for me to even consider BCAA's or should i consume that beforehand? i also workout twice a day sometimes so should i spread that 30g serving over 2 workouts or take 2 servings a day?

Thanks for any input

Girdeux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Whey isolate preworkout... bcaa powder & water during... whey isolate & milk after

Originally Posted by cleoxx720 View Post
    Hey so i'm a chick and wondered if BCAA would help decrease muscle soreness. If so i got a 2:1:1 product (GNC product just to try it out) and its 30g a serving so i take 1/2 before my workout and 1/2 after; however, i am currently taking a protein supplement (promasil 20g per serving, typically one serving a day) but this is just to get my protein intake over 100 g a day, i also take a multivitamin and 2 grams of fish oil a day. Should i consider taking another supplement for DOMS? and if i consume around 15-20 grams of protein after every workout is it necessary for me to even consider BCAA's or should i consume that beforehand? i also workout twice a day sometimes so should i spread that 30g serving over 2 workouts or take 2 servings a day?

Thanks for any input
    Hi, I know I'm new, but after being overweight for too long... I spent the last 2 years sifting through all the broscience posts in these forums, reading scientific studies, and speaking to and listening to doctors regarding this question and it all depends on your workout regiment. If you workout for more than an hour and especially if you lift and then do cardio... Bcaa powder is a must if you want to avoid the DOMS. The 2:1:1 stuff you have is good, but a straight bcaa powder during your workout, about 30 mins to an hour after a preworkout whey isolate shake is much better and will provide you with a steadier flow of amino acids to feed your muscles. When I don't use bcaa powder during a workout, I am sore for days.

Here's what I do to avoid the DOMS (it goes a lil off topic and is über long, but bare with me):

I wake up and immediately consume a thermogenic (cellucor hd), 30 mins later I consume no more than one scoop of whey isolate (24g) with just water (no milk, milk = longer absortion time) and I consume 2000mg of fish oil for the anti-inflammatory effect. 30 mins later I do a 45 min circuit training routine (gsp rushfit). Immediately after my workout I eat oatmeal and another scoop of whey isolate with whole milk. The oats prolong the thermogenic effect because the body has to work harder to digest whole food compared to liquids and the whole milk prolongs digestion due to the milk's casein and fat, which also provides energy and keeps me satiated. Then, I finish off with either a cup of blueberries or pomegranate to help with the glycogen loss (the carbs in the oatmeal and milk help as well). I then do my best to eat every 3 hours and make sure I'm consuming 20-30 grams of lean protein per meal or snack until my next workout, which is weights in the evening with an hour of cardio immediately afterward.

I do the same thing prior to my evening workout, thermogenic, but add a nitric oxide supp for a better "pump" and then a scoop of whey isolate with water and another 2000mg of fish oil 30 minutes later. Right before I start lifting I mix 2 scoops of cellucor bcaa (any flavor... they all taste like gatorade) with a liter of water and I sip it in between sets. I lift for over an hour... sometimes 2. Some people think this is overkill, but I like to do as many sets as I can and because of the bcaas I NEVER get too sore because I have a steady stream of amino acids feeding my muscles. If I only lifted for 30 mins I wouldn't need the bcaa powder because the whey and its bcaa blend would be enough to feed my muscles. And when I'm done lifting, I mix 1 scoop of cellucor bcaa with another liter of water, jump on a stationary bike and sip it while riding for 15 miles. I do this to burn belly fat and if I didn't consume those 3 scoops of bcaa powder, all that cardio would literally break down my muscles basically making that 2 hour lifting session pointless. After the cardio sesh, I consume 1 more scoop of whey isolate with a cup to 2 cups of chocolate milk, which helps replenish my glycogen levels. I then go home and eat salmon for the anti-inflammatory effect with a bunch of high fiber veggies and a lil brown rice. And right before bed, I consume a scoop of casein powder and 1 cup of whole milk with 2 scoops of fiber powder and some water to aid in digestion... casein powder constipates me without the fiber. I go to bed and wake up feeling good.

So yeah, it all depends on your workout regiment and how long and hard you work. People who say whey or casein powder is enough are wrong and probably don't workout as long as I do and I guarantee have some nasty indigestion while working out because they consume too much whey or casein beforehand for that steady flow of amino acids. Idk about you, but I don't like to throw up while working out. You can't sip a whey shake while working... well, you can... if you don't mind the indigestion. For me, the bcaas are a must. You're going to drink water anyway while working out. Why not add a lil bcaa powder?

Oh, and don't forget to stretch AFTER working out. I have friends who stretch beforehand, instead of doing a proper warmup, and they are sore all the time. Stretch right after your sets to help avoid the DOMS.

Hope this helps ;-)
    Last edited by Girdeux; 11-24-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Registered User silentfrenchman's Avatar
    silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50) silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50) silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50) silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50) silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50) silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50) silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50) silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50) silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50) silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50) silentfrenchman will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I have to say, I use Xtend all the time during my workouts. Love that stuff.

Originally Posted by silentfrenchman View Post
    I have to say, I use Xtend all the time during my workouts. Love that stuff.
    Appreciate the support! Always has and will be one of my staple supplements.