Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are definitely on track, my friend! Great job !
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

GeneC3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sat I trained legs, Squats hack squats and leg extensions.. Very good day with diet went out to dinner with the wife and still kept clean.. I am working to day to have all my food for the week prepared.. I don't want to have any late nights of cooking so. I figure i will do all of that today. To day Is a rest day from the gym. I am going to go up and help a kid who is power lifting in high school with his bench technique. I may even do so extra cardio since I am there.
    if your not scared the weights not heavy enough

Leg day

I love training legs.. I love the heavy iron i get to move that day its fun to me.

I squatted hit 3 Max weights sets of 5 with plates.(495 ass to grass)
    I hit the hack machine truly a monster in our gym. 4 plates was max. I got 5, 5 ,4 very hard push to get these out level 10 (ass to grass here)
    leg extensions 8 plates, and I was outta there.. I feel pretty good today not very sore yet but it will be worse this evening I am sure.

Next week I am will shift my leg day to tuesday just to order my workout more like a power-lifting meet... I am moving full steam ahead and signed up for my first Strongman meet in March so I am starting to pour on the heat with my my training and going to train events every SAT until then.

Starting to feel a little steam building, I have 2 soild weeks fo clean eating under my belt with no real cheating.. I feel good.. I know I am looking diffrent.. even if the pictures do not say so..LOL. I am getting there
    I gott all the weeks meals ready last night.. going to be a great help this week. I think we will be working overtime so I am going to hvae to really save time where I can this week.

Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GeneC3 View Post
    Starting to feel a little steam building, I have 2 soild weeks fo clean eating under my belt with no real cheating.. I feel good..
    Awesome work GeneC3. Remember, those 2 weeks of clean eating eventually turn into 3 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, etc. Keep on keepin' on!

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    James Canzanella
    Winner of Skip La Cour's 6 Month Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge

b: http://www.jamescanzanella.com/
    y: http://www.youtube.com/AMmuscleAHP
    f: http://www.********.com/james.canzanella

What was GREAT about my day?
    Diet went Great, I hit my macros at every turn. I missed one mealtime but made up for it by hitting a shake and a orange.

What about my day could I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    Workout kind of drug out I got off task when some guys asked for help, I need to remember my ipod.. kind of stops the questions until I am done.

What can I do to make things MORE ENJOYABLE?
    Get out of the gym sooner so I can spend more time with my 2 kids.

I will be doing my leg routine Tuesday.. wanted to change my sequence of lifts.. I pulled some great numbers tonight.. I did axle press, dumbbell press and barbell shrugs all 3 sets of 5 tonight. I tore up the numbers and feel good not pain to night.

Had a 2grilled salmon burgers some brown rice cooked in chicken broth and some spinach for dinner.

Click here to order
    Last edited by GeneC3; 02-01-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Shoulder training last night was brutal.. Been doing all of my shoulder presses standing that I can to add a little more difficulty to them..

Standing Barbell press 265 3 sets of 5
    Standing dumbbell press 110 3 sets of 5
    Barbell shrugs 8 plates each side 6,6,5
    Heavy lateral raises 85s 1 set

Food was on but need to measure, i may even cut a bit more back maybe 4 oz meat and cut carbs back.. Really want to cut body fat a little faster. I may wait 4 more weeks and see. I am eating a lot of food and feel pretty full.. It’s a tuff call. I know I am so much bigger than most people I just will have to experiment with this some.

I hit 20 minutes of cardio this morning.. I was at about level 6/7 It is starting to build up some. I burned 500 calories which I was happy with but think I have a bit more gas in the tank. I will turn in up tomorrow..

I am training legs tonight.. Squats, hack squats, let extensions … going to try a second session of cardio after words see how it goes.

Click here to order
    Last edited by GeneC3; 02-01-2012 at 01:06 PM.

I like what cans was saying about measuring in his video today. I did not measure my food today as much, I have been weighing the meat, and not really measuring vegetables, i do need to measure my rice and weigh my sweet potatoes

Click here to order
    Last edited by GeneC3; 02-01-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Diet today 8 eggwhites 2 yolks 1/2 lb spinach scrambled with 1/4 cup sheese for breakfast

1/4 cup rice and 3 scoops of whey with 1 lb mixed vegtables

8oz chicken breast 1/4 cup rice 1lb mixed vegtables 1/2 lb spinach

1/4 cup rice and 3 scoops of whey with 1 lb mixed vegtables

tonight calve abs and cardio also some strong man event training.. The compotetion is getting closer march 17.. Going to start bumping events to wed and sat

Pre wokout 1 scoops whey protien 1 quart water banana
    post workout 3 scoops whey protien 1 quart water with banana

8oz chicken breast 1/4 cup rice 1lb mixed vegtables 1/2 lb spinach

Click here to order

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are 1,440 minutes in a day. How many of those will you dedicate today to becoming the champion that IS inside you? When you lay down tonight…smile. Smile because you know that you gave it your ALL today….every moment. Smile because you ate the right amounts of the right food. Smile because you did 1 more rep. Smile because you grabbed the heavier weight today. Smile because you know that you are 1 day closer to your goal.

Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro

Today was a great day, i woke up at 5:00 did my hit cardio, ate breakfast kept it the usual my 10 white 2 yokes, used kale instead of spianc in them. I had a sausage patty with it.

10:00 I had a shake and a orange

12:00 1lb spinach, 1/2 cup carrots 1/4 cup rice and 1 8 oz chicken breast and a quart of water

3:00 protien shake with mixed vegetable bowl

4:30 pre-workout protien

I hammered the chest tonight, an epic workout for me level 8/9 for sure..
    warmed up on the bench with 135, 225/315 kept each set to about 5 reps.. then did 1 acclimation set with 385 for 2 reps then onto 405 for 6 reps, then 5 reps, then 4 reps.
    went to the incline bench did 315 2 sets 6 (I will go up a bit next week)
    then floor presses 415 for 2 sets of 5 (totals out of gas at this point) arms swollen from all the work. Ate great tonight.. I feel good.. This is week 3 and if you can do it for a month it a habit right so 1 more week.. I am feeling motivated by the little changes.. I can tell in the mirror my shape is shifting i guess but changing for sure.

Friday night had a hell of a workout.. trained with a pro power-lifting buddy, i went through the ringer with that one.. Diet was stellar on Friday and workout was insane. Today, i took the day off from the diet for the most part... I ate all my meals and had 2 cheat meals. The only 2 I have had in the last 3 weeks.. Tomorrow, I will be back at the diet harder no more cheats.. No weights tomorrow. Then back to shoulders on Monday.. Got to make up some food for the week tomorrow. Today was a great day, felt good to relax a bit from the diet for 2 meals but then I really wanted to be back at my grind.. I had a great week all in all.. Weight belt is coming up, arms are looking better thicker. Its just a matter of time now.

Back in the grind today, got some allergies going on but I think I should still be good for my gym seasson, missed my first meal today.. Got to get up early no reason for that.

10:00 12 oz boiled chicken brest
    2 cups spincach
    1/4 cup rice.

12:00 12 oz boiled chicken brest
    2 cups spincach
    1/4 cup rice.

3:00 3 scoops whey 1 quart water
    1 banana

5:00 2 scoops whey 1 quart water
    1 banana

7: 00 same as 5:00

9:00 same as 10:00

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey GeneC3 - thanks for the vote of confidence on my leg post today! they are a work in progress! Get up tomorrow & get that first meal - you are a MASS MACHINE!

Ben sick for two days but keep the diet on track, big step for me.. Training will be okay.. I am actually getting to train with the legendary Jill Mills on Sat.. She will be helping me prep for the Shamrock show of strength. A strongman Contest I am doing next month.. This bulking phase has been great prep... Keeping my diet and macros on track is making me really hit some strength goals.. I will start cutting back a bit the Monday after the meet. I will start the whole Cutting phase a bit early, I want to really get down tight to like a 10% body fat level..This will be a great week for training.. I can feel it.

Weekly Review - Week #4 of the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Challenge - #33

Click here to order
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Trained with Jill Mills today, a legend in woman's strength sports..i am freaking beat.. prepping for strongman, so weights are really getting heavy and i am using a few event days a week.. Bulking diet is helping, I am getting a ton of protien and feeling great.. This was awesome day and got some really good new inspiration..

Feeling great motivation is high this week, I feel great, had a week off for the most part last week and had a great training weekend for stongman.. I am back in the grind this morning and loving it. Meals made and making breakfast now.

Today’s motivation: Train hard or go home.

What are you going to do today? Are you going to go to the gym and just go through the motions? Or are you going to walk in like you own the place?

Step up your game today….every day. Every rep…every set. Live today like a Mass Machine!

Click here to order

Meal plan for today and the rest of the week.

Meal 1=7:00:
    8 egg whites
    2 yolks
    1/3 cup cheese
    1/2 cup hot sauce
    1/2 lb spinach

Meal 2 = 10:00
    1 quart water 3 scooops whey
    1 bananna

Meal 3 = 12:00
    1 quart crystal light
    1 lb steamed broclli
    13 oz chicken
    1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 4
    1 quart water
    3 scoops whey
    bananna

Meal 5
    1 quart water
    3 scoops whey
    bananna

Meal 6
    2 salmon burgers
    1lb greens
    1/4 cup rice
    Meal 7
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    2 scoops whey protien
    1 quart water

Meal 1
    8 egg whites
    2 yolks
    1/3 cup cheese
    1/2 cup hot sauce
    1/2 lb spinach

Meal 2
    1 quart water 3 scooops whey
    1 bananna

Meal 3
    1 quart crystal light
    1 lb steamed broclli
    13 oz chicken
    1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 4
    1 quart water
    3 scoops whey
    bananna

Meal 5
    1 quart water
    3 scoops whey
    bananna

Meal 6
    12 oz sirloin
    1lb greens
    1/4 cup rice

Meal 7
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    2 scoops whey protien
    1 quart water

Its kind of nice after over a month the diet is getting easy now.. I dont really even have to work as hard at staying clean.. My workouts lately have been a bit diffrent but still intense.. I as the stongman contest approaches I am training more specificly for that, the bulking eating plan has been very good, I am eating big and clean.. I have put on some strength gains and some size gains. I think they will show thru more in the cutting phase. I Have about 4 weeks until contest day and hope to put up some even better numbers in the next few weeks.

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GeneC3 View Post
    Its kind of nice after over a month the diet is getting easy now.. I dont really even have to work as hard at staying clean.. My workouts lately have been a bit diffrent but still intense.. I as the stongman contest approaches I am training more specificly for that, the bulking eating plan has been very good, I am eating big and clean.. I have put on some strength gains and some size gains. I think they will show thru more in the cutting phase. I Have about 4 weeks until contest day and hope to put up some even better numbers in the next few weeks.
    You better get someone on video for these lifts in the competition. You know we as Mass Machine want to see you blow away the competition!

Jason

Click here to order
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Mass Machines!

Here's an Excel spreadsheet I put together to help you with this weeks assignment. Just enter in the basic info and it will do your daily macros, calorie, and percentage totals. Hope this helps you all...

Download here: http://www.muscleworx.com/MMNJournal.xlsx

Jason

Click here to order
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

Originally Posted by jmorg714 View Post
    Hey Mass Machines!

Here's an Excel spreadsheet I put together to help you with this weeks assignment. Just enter in the basic info and it will do your daily macros, calorie, and percentage totals. Hope this helps you all...

Download here: http://www.muscleworx.com/MMNJournal.xlsx

Jason

Click here to order
    awesome thanks!

Hey Mass Machines!

Steve (gymrat) asked me to add daily macro-nutrient percentages to the spread sheet I did last week. Ask and ye shall receive!

If you get a "read only" file message, simply rename the file and save it to your computer.

Here's the link to download: http://www.muscleworx.com/newMMNspread.xlsx

Jason

Click here to order