Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    GeneC3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and here's my journal!

My first entry into my Journal, I have made great strength gains to this point but its time to really whip my body into shape. My training routine is working well its time to step up the cardio a bit and improve my overall conditioning. Today is Chest day for me and I will be benching tonight. I have set some baseline maxes this week to give me some new training precentages to help keep track of my progress. Time to offical weigh in, body fat and pictures this weekend.

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My name is Jason Morgan. I will be participating in the challenge with each of you that have signed up. I will also be encouraging you and helping in any way I can as a captain for the challenge.

This is a GREAT opportunity to work with Skip as your coach, get the support of other challenge participants and captains while pushing yourself to higher levels than you may currently believe possible. Let's all work hard to make this the NUMBER 1 group and transformation thread on Bodybuilding.com! I encourage you to visit the Mass Machine Challenge journals of the other participants and make sure to rate them all 5 stars. Keep us on top!

Talk to you soon... See you on the boards!!

Good luck and I look forward to getting to know you through the next 6 months!

Jason
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Assignment #1 - Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge - Video #4

Photo and Writing Assignment due Monday at 8 am Pacific.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

I have spent a bit of time getting ready for the challenge.. I am ready to do this, the photo every week is going to give some really account ability

I lifted Friday and Sat had some good days resting today. Making meals for the week and organizing and planing my diet and nutrition for the week. Spending some tome just getting set to that the training and diet this week are uninterrupted. Spent some time thinking out my plan off attack.. Set some goals and and I am ready to roll.

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am awarding you 100 points for starting an ONLINE JOURNAL because I know the tremendous value of doing so. You'll also get additional points for every journal entry you make during the entire six-month journey.

Click here to order
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Making up meals for the week using a baseline of 3300 calories, and cycling down to 2800 every other day, weighing food tonight. I have found a great deal of value in weighing every thing and keeping a calorie log.. Some may find it tedious but i think this will will help to keep close track of everything that goes ion my mouth. Using beef brown rice and lots of vegetables (as many lbs as I can stand) this week will cycle between beef and chicken since they are the easiest to reheat at work.

I am planning on a Max OT style cardio on the bike for the morning; and I have a 750lb big foot tire I will be flipping in the evening for cardio once the kids are off to bed. I am going to keep the cardio bouts to about 15 minutes for both sessions. Since we are bulking I am going to be following the MAX style 4-6 rep range 9 total sets lifting routine. I have made some great strength gains with this. I have let the cardio slide this year and its time to kick it back in gear.

First Max OT Cardio down.. I have not done this in a few years, burned 181 calories in 16 minutes not. Not great but I pushed it. Things will get better. Have shoulders tonight. Excited to lift today. Have some new purpose driving me.. off to put my meals together and get to work.
    if your not scared the weights not heavy enough

Reydog1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reydog1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reydog1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reydog1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reydog1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reydog1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reydog1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reydog1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I totally agree with measuring food. Good luck. 5stars
    Jeff Luffman

“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough: we must do.” Bruce Lee

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Keeping a calorie log is awesome !

I am doing the same thing... I started doing that when I first estimated my calorie intake and found that I was WAY off.

Good job bro !
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

I am nailing the diet today, it feels good, the sad thing is i new nutrition inside out I really just need to get in the right frame of mind and develop some mental toughness when it came my diet. I have helped a few people I train with develop meal plans that have been very successful and this will be my turn to really show what I can do.

I am in a good place right now. feeling motivated. I know I can do this for 6 months and make some great changes... I am very stong and very muscular just let fat cover it up for way to long..When this is done, I should be a very lean 300lbs maybe a little bigger depending on how much size i can add.

baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Welcome to the challenge and good luck.
    Go hard or go home.

Every time you touch a piece of metal the purpose should be to build muscle-Skip La Cour

No were in the world does success come before work but in the dictionary-ET

I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and here's my journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141357311

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey Gene... ya know the great thing about this contest... It definitely holds us accountable. We'll need each others support because it's a long time...but staying focused and on track is important.

Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro

Diet today went ok. I was close 1 slip tonight had a beef sausage when i got home.. I should have had my shake before i left the gym might not have been starving. better tomorrow.

meal 1 missed.

meal 2: brown rice 1 cup
    1 cup ground beef twice cooked and strained to get as lean as possible
    2 cups green beans

meal 3
    10 oz chicken breast steamed
    2 cups green beans
    1 cup spinach

meal 4:
    10 oz chicken steam
    1 cup brown rice
    1 cup green beans

pre-workout protein shake

post workout 1 small link beef sausage (1 slip i had today)
    12 oz turkey burgers
    hot sauce
    1 cup broccoli
    1 cup cauliflower

Shoulder workout was awesome... I planed it and rocked it..

245 standing military press for 6,6,5
    80lb lateral raised with 5,5,4
    360 lb machine press 6,6,5

short and sweet! every lift went off as planned, numbers felt good. I felt very strong and think i can move up next week.

Tire flip

Once the kids are off to bed, I will flip the 750 lb tire i have for maybe 15minutes we will see what i have maybe get 10-15 flips out tonight..Maybe work with the sledgehammer a bit.

Max OT Cardio today burned 185 calories, going in the right direction but it was ruff..More i cut weight the easier this will be.. Going to use a few more shakes today, making so many meals was a pain in the A$$.. I dont mind doing it but on work days the meal replacements are going to be a huge help.

Originally Posted by GeneC3 View Post
    Max OT Cardio today burned 185 calories, going in the right direction but it was ruff..More i cut weight the easier this will be.. Going to use a few more shakes today, making so many meals was a pain in the A$$.. I dont mind doing it but on work days the meal replacements are going to be a huge help.
    What meal replacement are you using?

mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like a good meal plan you have made for yourself. 5 Stars

Good Luck with the challenge
    I AM A MASS MACHINE

TRAIN HARD, THINK BIG!!

I have used a few meal replacments MetRX is the one I have now and Like it pretty well. May switch it up and just do some vegtables and a protien shake.. somthing just to speed up meal prep. Maybe use egg whites a bit more.

Originally Posted by GeneC3 View Post
    I have used a few meal replacments MetRX is the one I have now and Like it pretty well. May switch it up and just do some vegtables and a protien shake.. somthing just to speed up meal prep. Maybe use egg whites a bit more.
    Very good.... I'm going to have to add some more shakes to get my totals in for now.... the eating is the toughest part for me right now.

Click here to order

Meal 1
    1/8 cup hot sauce
    4 egg whites
    2 whole eggs
    ¼ cup cheese
    1 cup spinach

meal 2
    2 cups mixed vegetables
    3 scoops whey in water

meal 3
    2 4 oz turkey burgers, 4 oz chicken
    1 cup green beans
    1 cup brown rice

meal 4
    2 cups mixed vegetables
    3 scoops whey in water

meal 5
    post workout
    3 scoops whey

meal 6
    1/8 cup hot sauce
    4 egg whites
    2 whole eggs
    ¼ cup cheese
    1 cup spinach

Workout

Deadlift 500lbs 6 reps, 5reps, 5 reps, 600lbs 1 rep

Barbell row 315 3 sets 5 reps

t-bar row supported 5 plates and 2 225s 3 x 6

Its crazy but in the last 2 days of cinching up my diet i feel leaner.. who know maybe i will see a bit on Sunday when i take my picture.

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey fellow MASS MACHINE!

Here's a friendly reminder from your Coach, Skip La Cour, about the value of keeping your journal current.

I'm one of the Captains so if there's anything I can do to help you, feel free to ask.

Click here to order
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

No cardio this morning. I am going to do 20 minute hit session tonight and some barbell complexes. Today I’m off from the iron but diet is going well. The more I log the more it makes me accountable.. I am starting to see why skip would keep diet so basic... the more I vary the diet the more I have to keep up with. I think I will keep my protein sources down to chicken breast and turkey burgers I have been using, with some eggs and whey thrown in there. I will change up my vegetables to keep some variety in there. Not sure if calories are too high or to low but I am feeling good and my strength gains are great right now. I think having my protein so high is really helping with that.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Rewrite what you wrote, not, "..When this is done, I should be a very lean 300lbs maybe a little bigger depending on how much size i can add."

Rewrite it saying - when I am done, I WILL BE ...........
    take the should out of it
    like skip says - could you do it for a million dollars - then do it for an AWESOME physique!

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Rewrite what you wrote, not, "..When this is done, I should be a very lean 300lbs maybe a little bigger depending on how much size i can add."

Rewrite it saying - when I am done, I WILL BE ...........
    take the should out of it
    like skip says - could you do it for a million dollars - then do it for an AWESOME physique!
    Good Call!

Diet this week

I have been killing it this week.. Diet super clean! Water intake been high. Its only wednesday but I have this in the bag.. Weekend will be a bit tough..but once i get thru sunday I will have a week of extremely clean eating down..Not sure if I will look diffrent but I alreday feel it.. A few more cardio sessions and I may show a little diffrence.. I am getting stoner every day.. Arms are even showing some new veins so the heavy training is doing its job.

I still need to do body fat % too night find out where I am really at.... I will have 10 lbs off fat gone in this first 30 days. People at the gym have already started to comment about me looking diffent.. So maybe its starting to happen. I know the key is keeping the diet tight.

Hey! Scott Roland here checking in with you as your coach for this Mass Machine Challenge! I’ll be stopping by from time to time to see how your progress is going and offer you encouragement and guidance as we go through this 6 month journey together.
    Please stop by my journal located at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1328741&page=2 and let me know if I can assist you with anything and give me a little kick in the pants as well! We all need motivation.

Today I wanted to share something with you that I found at COSTCO. http://www.morningstarfarms.com/morn...an-burger.html
    They are precooked and taste awesome !
    Calories: 210
    Fat: 7
    Protein: 17
    Carbs: 24
    Cholesterol: ZERO ! !
    I have cholesterol problems so this product really caught my eye.

Share any recipes you may have by posting them on my journal!

Remember: Stay focused and dedicated ! !

Click here to order

Today diet was right on track,
    Meal 1
    1/8 cup hot sauce
    4 egg whites
    2 whole eggs
    ¼ cup cheese
    1 cup spinach

meal 2
    2 cups mixed vegetables
    3 scoops whey in water

meal 3
    14 oz chicken
    1 cup green beans
    1 cup brown rice

meal 4
    2 cups mixed vegetables
    3 scoops whey in water

meal 5
    post workout
    3 scoops whey
    1 banana

meal 6
    14 oz chicken burger
    2 cups spinach

did 30 minutes of cardio to night burned 500 calories. today was recovery from the last 2 heavy training days.. Tomorrow is bench day and some cardio early in the morning.