mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Fat loss isn't accurate enough? maybe

Hello everyone.
    I've been monitoring bb.com for some time and found it to be informative and the cumulative knowledge in this website is unreal!
    I'm fat. So I always look for ways to help me reduce my weight. What I find confusing is that some of you talk about fat as in getting ripped and cut. While maybe some talk about actual flabs. And when it comes to supplements it gets more confusing. So help me out here, do the same rules apply? Or is there some way of differentiating between the two ?
    Thanks.

Registered User Lovefoodandlife's Avatar
    Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lovefoodandlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mishalm View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I've been monitoring bb.com for some time and found it to be informative and the cumulative knowledge in this website is unreal!
    I'm fat. So I always look for ways to help me reduce my weight. What I find confusing is that some of you talk about fat as in getting ripped and cut. While maybe some talk about actual flabs. And when it comes to supplements it gets more confusing. So help me out here, do the same rules apply? Or is there some way of differentiating between the two ?
    Thanks.
    I guess I don't quite understand what you are asking. Personally, I am not a big fan of all supplements. I believe protein powder may be the only supplement that benefits anyone (besides vitamins), and I know some will have to disagree. It all depends on who you are and how your body uses the supplements. If you are looking for a magic "fat loss" pill, good luck, I've tried them all. I got no where and in fact finally lost weight when I was off of them.

My recommendation to you is to try too not worry so much about what good foods and bad foods you are consuming and be more concentrating on HOW MUCH you are taking in.

For instance, a hot dog =xxx amount of calories. Well, if you eat one or even two hot dogs for dinner, then woopdy doo. But if you have three pieces of high fructose fruit, then you could very well be consuming a larger amount of calories in that fruit then you are in those hot dogs.

In it for the Long Haul! bbavender's Avatar
    bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    More calories in 3 pieces of fruit compared to hot dogs? Are you serious? OP all you need to worry about is eating in a calorie deficit. Find your maintenance and consume 500 calories under that and you shall lose fat.
    ED got me, ill be darned if it gets anyone else.

Only the strong survive...

25-RAC-99

Follow my RFL Journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141048001

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bbavender View Post
    More calories in 3 pieces of fruit compared to hot dogs? Are you serious? OP all you need to worry about is eating in a calorie deficit. Find your maintenance and consume 500 calories under that and you shall lose fat.
    Depends on what fruit your eating and the size of the hotdogs you are comapring them too I suppose

mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mishalm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe if I mention some of the supplements I was talking about it would help:
    L-carnitine, Lipo 6, CLAs and the rest of the bunch.

I am fully aware of the fact that there is no magic pill that flushes the fat right out of you. I have a slow metabolism rate and a slow recovery rate, or are they connected? I don't know. What I know is that this body has a high resistance to change :P

senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe if I mention some of the supplements I was talking about it would help:
    L-carnitine, Lipo 6, CLAs and the rest of the bunch.

I am fully aware of the fact that there is no magic pill that flushes the fat right out of you. I have a slow metabolism rate and a slow recovery rate, or are they connected? I don't know. What I know is that this body has a high resistance to change :P
    How long have you being dieting/cutting? Everyone has a "slow metabolism" and "slow recovery" when they start and then after a month or two once you have been accustomed to training and your new diet, everything seems to work itself out. After my first workout (squats and lunges) my quads were sore for about 8 days. Your body should adapt.

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lovefoodandlife View Post
    For instance, a hot dog =xxx amount of calories. Well, if you eat one or even two hot dogs for dinner, then woopdy doo. But if you have three pieces of high fructose fruit, then you could very well be consuming a larger amount of calories in that fruit then you are in those hot dogs.
    Wait a minute, are you seriously saying that eating hotdogs ( which offers little to no nutritional benefit) is better then eating that "evil" fruit??? Guess overall health is not that important at all. Hotdogs and donuts for all!!! <insert facepalm.jpg>
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer

yeah exactly those damn squats!! So you're saying its only going to get better ? well that's good news.
    I've been dieting for three months now, been active for the past two. Got bored of walking 10 km every day and started weight training which is WAY better 11 days ago.
    After a week of weight training the first change I noticed was a small line that divided the side of the thigh from the upper hip area.

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Eat less/Move more. Take the word "supplement" out of your vocabulary as you're likely obese.
    Barely decent crew

Yes I am obese thats what I've been trying to say. Anyway, any more ideas fellas ?

senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes I am obese thats what I've been trying to say. Anyway, any more ideas fellas ?
    One thing I highly recommend is to track your calories with a site like myfitnesspal.com. Even if you hate counting calories, measuring everything for a month or two (use a food scale when possible) will train your brain to become much more accurate when guessing at calories. Studies have shown repeatedly that overweight people underestimate what they consume caloric-ly. It will let you have a healthier relationship with food as you can occasionally have "unhealthy" foods knowing how it fits into your diet. Your obese so just eating less will work but eventually you need to know what you are putting into your body.