marzamad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marzamad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marzamad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marzamad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need to lose weight for wrestling

Hey guys I'm in my first year of HS wrestling and just got weight certified. I'm:

-131.2 pounds
    -17.5 percent body fat

The lowest weight range I can wrestle at is at 115 pounds. The State tournament is coming up in about a month and a half. I was wondering how the maximum amount of body fat can I lose healthily in this time, while also wrestling and instructions on how to do so. I know that I have a lot of hunger/pain tolerance. (I'm Muslim so I fast during Ramadan).

Thanks in advance!

StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't go overboard trying to make weight

I'd cut your liquid cals altogether and only drink water for the most part

Get your mom to portion you more protein and less carbs

And for snacks stick to celery/peanut butter and bananas

I made weight regularly just doing that, between the long practices and diet restrictions you'll be cutting at a healthy rate without tiring yourself

Focus everything on technique and quickness and you'll do great

-StrongMeat-
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." -Napoleon Bonaparte-

-~~ The Auburn University Crew ~~-

jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jack3dONwhey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just get on a healthy diet. I was loosing good amount of weight by eating right, no i wasnt starving
    myself i got full off 5 meals. they just had protein and carbs. Ive cut water weight before and it was a pain in the ass
    and basically got the same results with dieting but i actually ate! and your coach should have a sheet where it lets you know
    the legal amount of weight you can loose.

marzamad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marzamad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marzamad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marzamad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just remembered, my coach is getting that sheet pretty soon. I'll probably just stick to that in my fat loss goals. Thanks for the nutritional advice and everything

So should I add some aerobic activities in to help lose fat, or would that be going overboard?

and how do I give you guys rep points?

StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrongMeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by marzamad View Post
    I just remembered, my coach is getting that sheet pretty soon. I'll probably just stick to that in my fat loss goals. Thanks for the nutritional advice and everything

So should I add some aerobic activities in to help lose fat, or would that be going overboard?

and how do I give you guys rep points?
    your wrestling work should be more than enough right now

but in the offseason i would be lifting, knowing what i know now. if did any kind of work on the side it would be chinups and sitouts/standups everyday, if you have cinder blocks id would try to walk around with them(farmers walk) to build grip strength, maybe even neck bridges if your coach isnt already making you do them

strong back>>>>>

quick breakout when down>>>>

even when you feel like shyt, going that extra mile in practice will really make a difference, cause i promise you the second you get pinned or beaten badly in a match you will regret not putting the effort + wrestling is alot of mental shyt be ahead of the curve

-StrongMeat-
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." -Napoleon Bonaparte-

Thanks for all the advice strongmeat, I'll definitely try to implement it, and yeah, as soon as off season hits, I'll be hitting the weights like an animal. Also, couldn't I just use heavy dumbells for the farmer's walk?

Any advice for going into my first match on Thursday? Most of the people are saying just try not to get pinned, and that'll be my main goal for then

Thanks for all the advice strongmeat, I'll definitely try to implement it, and yeah, as soon as off season hits, I'll be hitting the weights like an animal. Also, couldn't I just use heavy dumbells for the farmer's walk?

Any advice for going into my first match on Thursday? Most of the people are saying just try not to get pinned, and that'll be my main goal for then
    well i didnt know you had access, but yeah heavy dumbbells work great(what i do)

was thinking you may not have access

as far as your first match, dont think so much, keep your hands moving and if hes not sinking his hips take his legs forcifully(no homo)

you may or may not do well, but dont play to lose, play to win. never go in with a mindset that you have no shot. the greatest wrestlers have records like 40-3 and 28-1. they never assume they will lose and it has nothing to do with how fit they are but mentally they are stronger competitors(and more skilled)

but i really need to reemphasize, DONT THINK stick to what you know. and unless you are in the third period, go for points

-StrongMeat-

ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A great way to lose fat in the offseason is to go for a 1 hour bikeride first thing in the morning. Last summer I did this just for fun and a suntan. I lost 20 pounds without even trying to lose weight or going hungry. I would do this before eating breakfast. I wish I would have known this when I wrestled.

Gettin' back into it. GarageLifting's Avatar
    GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GarageLifting is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Trash bag w/ a 1-2 mile run every night did miracles for me when I wrestled. Lower your calorie intake and stay away from dat der curry.
    500+ A green for me is a green for you.

★★★★★ DIRTY SOUTH CREW ☆☆☆☆☆

Negs for life: SikhAndDestroy

Go Big or Go Home BoltsPrincess's Avatar
    BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoltsPrincess is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When i had to CUT weight instead of loosing it for weightliftiing in high school i used water pills and did the whole run with a trash bag, and 2 pairs of sweat shirts, and sweat pants on. Does a killer for your water weight. lol not the healthiest thing in the world though! good Luck! =)

og8997889 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys I'm in my first year of HS wrestling and just got weight certified. I'm:

-131.2 pounds
    -17.5 percent body fat

The lowest weight range I can wrestle at is at 115 pounds. The State tournament is coming up in about a month and a half. I was wondering how the maximum amount of body fat can I lose healthily in this time, while also wrestling and instructions on how to do so. I know that I have a lot of hunger/pain tolerance. (I'm Muslim so I fast during Ramadan).

Thanks in advance!
    You should check out Truth About Abs. In my opinion its better than p90x and doesn't stand more on exercise like p90x does and focuses more on diet since diet is 70% of weight loss. Go to http : //boyels. com for more information on it and watch their video to see if it could be of use to you. I can't say I lost xxx pounds but it did help me trim the 25 pounds on my stomach revealing my abs. Also just because it says Truth About Abs does not mean it only works on stomach. They tell you it’s impossible to lose weight in just one area and spot reduction which is exactly that, is a myth and you must lose weight all over your body to lose weight off your stomach. They don't offer magic pills or some new science research. What they offer is information that has been around for centuries. It's also not a (lose all your weight in one week (unless you only need to lose 5 pounds or so. All they offer is a guaranteed way to lose weight and to lose it fast if you have the determination to follow through their diet and exercise routine. I wish you the very best way in your journey to lose weight and hope that you stick with it. Just remember while others are sleeping, we are running.