Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

ATTENTION NCAA ATHLETES: Banned Substance Thread

Recently, there have been a number of threads and posts about NCAA banned substances. I know first hand that there is a lot of misconception out there regarding this subject. With this thread I will attempt to clear up as many misconceptions as I can. This thread is meant to be informative, reliable, and helpful. This thread is not meant to be a debate on if a substance should be banned or not, or why it is banned. I obviously have no control over that.

In my opinion the NCAA does a terrible job with their banned substance list. The list is extremely vague and I believe that is what causes so much confusion. The NCAA itself states: "There is not complete list of banned drug examples."

NCAA athletes should stay away from any supplements a banned substance is found in. Penalties for failing an NCAA Drug Test are very severe and the NCAA puts the responsibility on the student-athlete to know what they are using. The NCAA does not care if you didn't know that you were taking something that is banned.

I would recommend to all NCAA athletes that they disclose any supplements they are taking or thinking about taking to their athletic training staff or strength coaches. Unfortunately, many athletic trainers and/or strength coaches are not very knowledgeable about supplements. There is a good chance that they will tell you to stop taking all supplements. Hopefully this thread will be able to help you make informed choices on your own.

For each substance that is banned, I will provide every alternative name to that substance that I know of, types of supplements that it is commonly found in, and specific supplements that it is found in. The following is a list of common banned substances:

BANNED SUBSTANCES

-1,3-dimethylamylamine

*Classified by the NCAA as: a stimulant

*Synonyms: 4-methyl-2-hexanamine; 4-methyl-2-hexylamine; 2-amino-4-methylhexane; 1,3-dimethylpentylamine; 2-Hexanamine, 4-methyl- (9CI); Methylhexanamine; DMAA; 1,3D; Geranium Oil; Geranium Oil Extract;

*Commonly found in: Preworkouts, Standalone, Fat Burners/Thermogenics

*Supplements containing this ingredient: Jack3d, Cryoshock, OxyELITE Pro, Hemorush, Hemo-Rage, NeuroCore, HydroxyStim, Muscle Marinade, Old Version of 1MR, Old Version of C4 Extreme, Old Version of PreSurge Unleashed, Adrena-G, ACG3

-Glycerol Monostearate

*Classified by the NCAA as: a diuretic

*Synonyms: GMS

*Commonly found in: Preworkouts, Standalone,

*Supplements containing this ingredient: Hemavol (pills and powder), GlycerGrow, AminoCell, Dark Matter, Nitric Fuel, V-12 Magnum, Hemo-Rage, Hemorush, Xpand Xtreme Pump, Slingshot, EPO-Blast

-DHEA

*Classified by the NCAA as: an anabolic agent

*Synonyms: 5-Dehydroepiandrosterone, 5-androsten-3 β-ol-17-one, Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, DHEA-S, Prasterone, 7-Keto (metabolite)

*Commonly found in: Test Boosters, Standalone

*Supplements containing this ingredient: Methyl 1-D, John Scott's Nitro GH and Test2, ExtenZe, HGH Complete, TestoRX, TriCuts III, many standalone products

-Synephrine

*Classified by the NCAA as: a stimulant

*Synonyms: Oxedrine, Bitter Orange, Bitter Orange Extract

*Commonly found in: Fat Burners/Thermogenics, Preworkouts

*Supplements containing this ingredient: HyperFX, Lipo 6x, Thermonex, 2 Shredded, Jetfuel, Meltdown, Scorch, Syneburn, Tight, Tight! Hardcore, Tight! RTD, MethylBurn, Dialene 4x, Lean Fix Elite, Stizm,

-Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids

-Pro-Hormones

-HGH

RESTRICTED SUBSTANCES

Caffeine

The next subject I touch on will be caffeine. This is where most of the uncertainty comes from in regards to the NCAA banned substance list. Caffeine is classified as RESTRICTED by the NCAA, it is NOT banned.

Drugs and Procedures Subject to Restrictions:

a. Blood Doping.
    b. Local Anesthetics (under some conditions).
    c. Manipulation of Urine Samples.
    d. Beta-2 Agonists permitted only by prescription and inhalation.
    e. Caffeine if concentrations in urine exceed 15 micrograms/ml.
    http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...ned+drugs+list

It would take an extremely large dose of caffeine to fail an NCAA Drug Test for caffeine.

Caffeine doses above 9 mg/kg can result in urinary caffeine levels that surpass the doping threshold for many sport organizations
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...tool=pmcentrez

For example; I weigh 223lbs/2.2=101kg---->101 x 9mg=909mg - So it would take someone my size around 900mg of caffeine in 5 hours (half life of caffeine) to fail an NCAA Drug Test for caffeine. It's not recommended for anyone to take that much caffeine at once. Obviously the safe amount of caffeine will differ with people that weigh more or less than me, so do your own calculations.

Helpful Links
    http://drugfreesportrec.blogspot.com/
    http://www.drugfreesport.com/
    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...tance-list.pdf

I want to make it clear that the NCAA does not ban specific supplements, but rather individual ingredients/substances.

I will continue to update this thread if/when any new information, banned substances, supplements with banned ingredients, or anything else of note comes to my attention. This is by no means an end all, be all list of banned substances. It is just my attempt to help. If you have a question please do not hesitate to post it below and I will do my best to answer it.
    Last edited by 44bulldog; 01-02-2012 at 04:33 PM.

kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000)
    cool thread. caffeine restriction seems odd to me
    Im not a bodybuilder
    Im a hockey player

U of S Kinesiology Student

success grows exponentially

antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with you 100% on this and I wrote a final exam paper on it for one of my sports nutrition classes a while ago.

The NCAA does an absolutely piss poor job with the list and I'm honestly astounded that more people aren't disqualified every year because of it.
    I'm just here for the gangbang.

44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kenny878 View Post
    cool thread. caffeine restriction seems odd to me
    What about it seems odd? Just the fact that they restrict caffeine?

Originally Posted by HinkDink View Post
    is geranium root extract 1,3-dimethyl as well? i remember a type of geranium that didn't have 1,3 in it.
    Yes, I'm almost positive.

Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    I agree with you 100% on this and I wrote a final exam paper on it for one of my sports nutrition classes a while ago.

The NCAA does an absolutely piss poor job with the list and I'm honestly astounded that more people aren't disqualified every year because of it.
    Awesome bro. If you have any suggestions to add to this thread or if you want to post up your paper that would be great.

Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is my favorite for the NCAA:

Originally Posted by NCAA Website
    NOTE: There is no complete list of banned drug examples!!

More indepth post incoming, just find that funny always.

Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    www.drugfreesport.com/rec
    Use password ncaa1, ncaa2, or ncaa2. Takes some poking around but the site maintains lists of banned substances and what they do.

In an effort to not just copy/pasta from each link I will post them and a brief description of what each one maintains.

http://www.gettysburg.edu/dotAsset/2989246.pdf

2011-2012 Prohibited Substance "List" Note that the lists are NEVER all-inclusive and always come with the disclaimer "And any related substance." So if you are going to take some weird one off substance, get a minor in biochem and understand how it works....or look a few studies up and be prepared to make a proper defense of that substance with scientific evidence. What is a "related compound?"
    Originally Posted by URL at end
    The term “related compounds” comprises substances that are included in the class by their pharmacological action
    and/or chemical structure. No substance belonging to the prohibited class may be used, regardless of whether it is
    specifically listed as an example.http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...tance-list.pdf

This is an older, but more indepth list, that lists out what more of what each substance is considered banned. It also gives definitions for various things such as "related compounds" A note here is that there are 13 stims listed....be sure to scrub you supps for all of them and their other known names. So on that note below is how you will get caught for dat dere cell tech:

For testosterone – if the administration of testosterone or the use of any other manipulation has the result of
    increasing the ratio of the total concentration of testosterone to that of epitestosterone in the urine to greater than
    6:1, unless there is evidence that this is due to a physiological or pathological condition.
    http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...65b2a76ee8e0f8

Just another quick list of those that are banned.

Final list, straight from NCAA.

A huge note to all the recreational drug users out there for some reason according to NCAA.com there are only 3 recognized street drugs: THC/Marijuana/Heroin. Have no idea why at all, but those are it. Note that other drugs we would consider recreational (the more "hard" drugs) are typically found under categories like stims for a few.
    Last edited by Hawks58; 01-01-2012 at 12:09 PM.

antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 44bulldog View Post
    Awesome bro. If you have any suggestions to add to this thread or if you want to post up your paper that would be great.
    I'll have to browse through my old hard drives for the paper of I still have it, but I can probably add some stuff to the list even if I don't find it.

Originally Posted by Hawks58 View Post
    www.drugfreesport.com/rec
    Use password ncaa1, ncaa2, or ncaa2. Takes some poking around but the site maintains lists of banned substances and what they do.

In an effort to not just copy/pasta from each link I will post them and a brief description of what each one maintains.

http://www.gettysburg.edu/dotAsset/2989246.pdf

2011-2012 Prohibited Substance "List" Note that the lists are NEVER all-inclusive and always come with the disclaimer "And any related substance." So if you are going to take some weird one off substance, get a minor in biochem and understand how it works....or look a few studies up and be prepared to make a proper defense of that substance with scientific evidence. What is a "related compound?"

This is an older, but more indepth list, that lists out what more of what each substance is considered banned. It also gives definitions for various things such as "related compounds" A note here is that there are 13 stims listed....be sure to scrub you supps for all of them and their other known names. So on that note below is how you will get caught for dat dere cell tech:

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...65b2a76ee8e0f8

Just another quick list of those that are banned.

Final list, straight from NCAA.

A huge note to all the recreational drug users out there for some reason according to NCAA.com there are only 3 recognized street drugs: THC/Marijuana/Heroin. Have no idea why at all, but those are it. Note that other drugs we would consider recreational (the more "hard" drugs) are typically found under categories like stims for a few.
    Nice post. I added one of your links to the "Helpful Links" part of the OP.

Now North of Westside UncleWade's Avatar
    UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Excellent thread idea, and a nice addition to the stickies.

Somone deserved to get mod repped.

Nice job, it's evident some work was put into this!
    NOV || Ohio Chapter || Be more, have less.

Powered by Ben & Jerry's.

I'll have to browse through my old hard drives for the paper of I still have it, but I can probably add some stuff to the list even if I don't find it.
    Nice, any additions would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post

Thanks bro.

Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great post 44bulldog, this is very useful and will definitely be linking this to other people who don't what exact what the banned substances is. Especially for some sh!t talkers.

neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post

^^^

Gooodd stuff bro.

Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good read bro. The ncaa restrictons are rediculous

Originally Posted by Lionology View Post
    Great post 44bulldog, this is very useful and will definitely be linking this to other people who don't what exact what the banned substances is. Especially for some sh!t talkers.
    Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    ^^^

Gooodd stuff bro.
    Originally Posted by Brandoncyruss View Post
    Good read bro. The ncaa restrictons are rediculous
    Thanks fellas.
    "Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself." - Jean Paul Sartre

D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) D3Baseball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    brb gettin some of dat dere cell tech
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results - Dr. John Berardi

Nice, any additions would be appreciated.
    I haven't found the article I was looking for yet, but I found this in one of my assignment folders.

*Most protein powders contain an added ingredient (such as creatine, digestive enzymes, etc.) which is why Athletic Departments cannot dispense most protein powders but can provide drinks such as “Ensure Plus” to athletes. However, when using a protein powder, athletes must be careful to make sure there are no banned ingredients added.
    **For an individual to reach or exceed 15mcg/mL in urine, it would take roughly 500mg (or more) intake within 1 hour.
    Last edited by antihero; 01-02-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Originally Posted by Hawks58 View Post
    For testosterone – if the administration of testosterone or the use of any other manipulation has the result of
    increasing the ratio of the total concentration of testosterone to that of epitestosterone in the urine to greater than
    6:1, unless there is evidence that this is due to a physiological or pathological condition.
    And just to expand on this topic: The use of epitestosterone is banned (filed under "masking agent") to attempt to maintain the 6:1 test:epi ratio when using testosterone.

^^^That's a very helpful chart. I'm going to edit the OP and add Synephrine (and possibly colostrum) to the list, as it is a pretty common ingredient in supplements.

As for Phenylpropanolamine being banned, would that include Phenylethylamine (PEA)?

Remember, the NCAA states that "Any substance that is chemically related to the class of banned drugs is also banned! (unless otherwise noted)"

I'm guessing it might because Phenylpropanolamine is in the PEA chemical class, correct?
    I remember PinchTheBear saying one time that noting in Craze would cause someone to fail an NCAA drug test. Maybe he can help?

^^^That's a very helpful chart. I'm going to edit the OP and add Synephrine (and possibly colostrum) to the list, as it is a pretty common ingredient in supplements.

As for Phenylpropanolamine being banned, would that include Phenylethylamine (PEA)?

Remember, the NCAA states that "Any substance that is chemically related to the class of banned drugs is also banned! (unless otherwise noted)"

I'm guessing it might because Phenylpropanolamine is in the PEA chemical class, correct?
    I remember PinchTheBear saying one time that noting in Craze would cause someone to fail an NCAA drug test. Maybe he can help?
    From my interpretation of the rules set by the NCAA (and the fact it requires interpretation is the entire problem with the regulations), yes. I think PEA would be banned. However, I believe the half-life of PEA is only ~5-10 minutes, so how the hell would they know unless you're taking massive amounts extremely close to testing time.

From my interpretation of the rules set by the NCAA (and the fact it requires interpretation is the entire problem with the regulations), yes. I think PEA would be banned. However, I believe the half-life of PEA is only ~5-10 minutes, so how the hell would they know unless you're taking massive amounts extremely close to testing time.

This x1000.

I'm going to send Pinch a PM with a link to this thread.

kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What about it seems odd? Just the fact that they restrict caffeine?
    yeah i find that wierd, like i know alot of athletes who drink coffee all day everday figuratively speaking. obviously they would never reach the limit but why then the restriction?
    Im not a bodybuilder
    Im a hockey player

U of S Kinesiology Student

success grows exponentially

This x1000.

I'm going to send Pinch a PM with a link to this thread.
    I'm looking forward to his input. I just hope this doesn't turn into a never ending circle of ridiculous conjecture because of the piss-poor regulation.

Originally Posted by kenny878 View Post
    yeah i find that wierd, like i know alot of athletes who drink coffee all day everday figuratively speaking. obviously they would never reach the limit but why then the restriction?
    I have no idea, and I don't think anyone will get a concrete answer as to why. Although maybe it is out of actual concern for that athlete because of the extremely high level of caffeine intake that would be needed to achieve such a high concentration of excretion.

PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm pretty sure "chemically related" refers to conformational isomers only; i.e., ephedrine vs. pseudoephedrine. The generalization seems like a scare tactic because there's no feasible way to test for everything. Regarding PEA, it's quite easy to test for it, but it would need to be considered as performance enhancing and I don't see any grounds for that on paper.
    Driven Sports

Originally Posted by PinchTheBear View Post
    I'm pretty sure "chemically related" refers to conformational isomers only; i.e., ephedrine vs. pseudoephedrine. The generalization seems like a scare tactic because there's no feasible way to test for everything. Regarding PEA, it's quite easy to test for it, but it would need to be considered as performance enhancing and I don't see any grounds for that on paper.
    If antihero was correct in saying that the half-life of PEA is only 5-10 minutes would that mean that it would not be detectable in urine after 10 minutes? For example if someone were to use Craze (or any sup with PEA) before an athletic event and they would not be tested until after the event (~2 hours later) then would the PEA still be able to be detected?

PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If antihero was correct in saying that the half-life of PEA is only 5-10 minutes would that mean that it would not be detectable in urine after 10 minutes? For example if someone were to use Craze (or any sup with PEA) before an athletic event and they would not be tested until after the event (~2 hours later) then would the PEA still be able to be detected?
    It and its carboxylic metabolites would be detectable in urine if the sample is collected post-supplementation, pre-contest.
    Driven Sports

The NCAA bans the following classes of drugs:

a. Stimulants
    b. Anabolic Agents
    c. Alcohol and Beta Blockers (banned for rifle only)
    d. Diuretics and Other Masking Agents
    e. Street Drugs
    f. Peptide Hormones and Analogues
    g. Anti-estrogens
    h. Beta-2 Agonists

Is it possible for them to test one person's urine for all of those classes? I really have no idea how it works.

It and its carboxylic metabolites would be detectable in urine if the sample is collected post-supplementation, pre-contest.
    Do you have any idea how long it would take for PEA and it's metabolites to not be able to be detected? Would an athlete be safe ~2 hours after supplementing with PEA (assuming PEA is even something that could cause a failed drug test)?

edit: I hope you don't mind be picking your brain. I just really want this thread to be as accurate and complete as possible.
    Last edited by 44bulldog; 01-03-2012 at 11:05 AM.

I'm pretty sure "chemically related" refers to conformational isomers only; i.e., ephedrine vs. pseudoephedrine. The generalization seems like a scare tactic because there's no feasible way to test for everything.
    I see how you're looking at it, and it makes sense.

The generalization may not necessarily be a "scare tactic" as much as it is just a blanket statement to cover any compounds that may become available which would create the same metabolites as a banned substance.

That being said, I see no reason they would bother testing for PEA though in the first place.

32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32lax has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    when i played, i used the ask about supplements form at http://www.drugfreesport.com/rec/ about jacked and specifically about 1-3 dimethylamylamine/methylhexamine/geranium. I was told that it was WADA banned but not NCAA banned. now it appears it is, they've decided it's chemically related to tuaminoheptane? Are they going to come up with a consistent policy or just keep making it up as they go along?

Originally Posted by 32lax View Post
    when i played, i used the ask about supplements form at http://www.drugfreesport.com/rec/ about jacked and specifically about 1-3 dimethylamylamine/methylhexamine/geranium. I was told that it was WADA banned but not NCAA banned. now it appears it is, they've decided it's chemically related to tuaminoheptane? Are they going to come up with a consistent policy or just keep making it up as they go along?
    You need the passwords to access the "ask about supplements form." Hawks58 posted the passwords a couple posts back.

1,3D is definitely banned now.
    http://www.mlive.com/lakers/index.ss...ng_banned.html

My guess is that they will just keep making it up as they go along.

They will continue to update and amend the policy annually, as new ingredients become widely used and available.