Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Julia331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is cytosport monster protein NCAA approved? it says it's free of banned substances

it is also certified for sport

dkhazraie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Safe supplements

Sup guys,

Great post and thank you for all the valuable information. BUT THE EASIEST way to protect yourself as an NCAA Athlete is to stick with a reputable brand that is devoted to supplementing athletes SAFELY AND ABIDES ALL NCAA REGULATIONS.

The answer is MusclePharm, they have (since 08) provided THE BEST products safe and reliable to help you train especially as an NCAA Athlete.

Check them out, I promise you will not be disappointed!

dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dchristianl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by D1athletics View Post
    I have been looking at the ingredients and everything and do not see any banned substances in these pre-workouts. Does anyone for sure if either Force or Muscle Fuel is banned or good for NCAA? I don't want make a mistake
    Been using SportMax Energy for pre-workout. Compliant and works. 18 vitamins and supplements in a 2oz.
    sportmaxenergy .com

ilucca1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long does C4 take to get out of the system?

Cert. Athletic Trainer DPSportsBabe's Avatar
    DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Guys,

This may have been answered in this previously, but I just was hoping to get a general consensus on third party vendors and substance legality. Our college (DII athletics) has an annual health fair and this year GNC is coming in as a vendor. They are bringing by samples of a preworkout, CLAs, meal replacements, multivitamin chews, etc. We are very strict on not handing out any substances that are impermissible, but we want to double check if this category applies to third party vendors as well. We do not want any grey areas come championship weekends.

Thanks!
    Megan Beck, MS, ATC, PES, NASE

MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ***portsBabe View Post
    Hey Guys,

This may have been answered in this previously, but I just was hoping to get a general consensus on third party vendors and substance legality. Our college (DII athletics) has an annual health fair and this year GNC is coming in as a vendor. They are bringing by samples of a preworkout, CLAs, meal replacements, multivitamin chews, etc. We are very strict on not handing out any substances that are impermissible, but we want to double check if this category applies to third party vendors as well. We do not want any grey areas come championship weekends.

Thanks!
    We have a bunch of collegiate compliant products. I'm actually in charge of the MET-Rx Team Sports division and work with colleges around the US to get them the recovery products their athletes need. We sell some of those products here on BB.com for those colleges who can't supply athletes with sports nutrition products (obviously the pricing on BB.com is higher due to them having to make some money on the products) so the athletes themselves can purchase a product they know is safe on their own. But below are some of the products I sell everyday to colleges.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/me...nal-shake.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ba...questid=568899
    Matt Weik, BS, CSCS, CPT, CSN
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

dtxbtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is my first post but I'm a D1 athlete. And I was wondering if I was to take Adrenolyn Bulk by black market labs would it be considered illegal? I know it's late but I'm looking for someone who actually knows. Thanks

corageon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corageon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corageon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corageon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) corageon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Remember when USPLabs - PRIME was banned...claimed there was a steroid in it???

calebpitman13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, so how much caffeine is allowed? I understand 15 mL, but how much is that? What would that be if converted to grams? Also, are there some fat burners that are acceptable? Also, how much is "too much" creatine?

44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dmccouch View Post
    Any ideas about MusclePharm's Battle Fuel XT or just regular d-aspartic acid powder in raw form? Musclepharm claims to be banned substance free up to this point but does battle fuel elevate t-levels over the threshold? Same goes with d-aspartic acid.
    It would be fine. Neither will raise test levels that much.

Originally Posted by Julia331 View Post
    it is also certified for sport
    Monster Protein is fine.

Originally Posted by ilucca1 View Post
    A day at the longest. Just don't take it the day of a test.

Originally Posted by ***portsBabe View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!

I would imagine it would be ok to have vendors handing out samples. It would be up to the athletes to check those samples for banned substances though.

Originally Posted by dtxbtx View Post
    This is my first post but I'm a D1 athlete. And I was wondering if I was to take Adrenolyn Bulk by black market labs would it be considered illegal? I know it's late but I'm looking for someone who actually knows. Thanks
    It's fine. That's an expensive supp though for what it is. You could get those same ingredients (the effective ones at least) for much cheaper and make your own.

Originally Posted by calebpitman13 View Post
    Hey, so how much caffeine is allowed? I understand 15 mL, but how much is that? What would that be if converted to grams? Also, are there some fat burners that are acceptable? Also, how much is "too much" creatine?
    The amount of caffeine allowed is dependent on your weight. It varies from person to person. I provided a formula in the original post to figure it out for yourself.

Yes, some fat burners would be acceptable. Just look for one that doesn't have any banned substances.

You only need 3-5g of creatine a day. Any more than that is a waste.
    "Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself." - Jean Paul Sartre

JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnFootball98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for this, very informative. Fortunately I've never heard of most of these supplements. Just wondering if this is up to date as of 2014?

44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 44bulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JohnFootball98 View Post
    Thanks for this, very informative. Fortunately I've never heard of most of these supplements. Just wondering if this is up to date as of 2014?
    For the most part. If you have a specific question, just post it and I'll do my best to find an answer.

RichardMcN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is Muscle Techs new Clear Muscle HMB-FA ncaa banned?

Originally Posted by RichardMcN View Post
    Is Muscle Techs new Clear Muscle HMB-FA ncaa banned?
    No.

WKC4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just research your product lines-- I always ask my friends- so why do you take ___________ pre workout? It's always because a friend that they trusted recommended it.

Google Will Brink and watch his videos-- Great resource.

Also-- look into product lines that undergo testing. Much easier to start off with a product line that athletes use.

AdvoCare values our relationships with the athletic community. With testing on the rise for performance-enhancing substances both at the amateur and professional levels, we have formed a strategic alliance with INFORMED-CHOICE to certify our products are banned-substance free. This alliance will allow athletes to make informed choices about what they decide to put in their bodies.

Why INFORMED-CHOICE?

INFORMED-CHOICE has specialized anti-doping experience. Their WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency)-experienced laboratory adheres to standards for sports supplements and has analyzed more samples for banned substances than any other lab in the world. The INFORMED-CHOICE program adheres to regulations put forth by WADA, and NCAA as well as professional sports organizations including the National Football League, Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, PGA, ATP, WTA, LPGA, and NASCAR.
    INFORMED-CHOICE serves as an addition to the AdvoCare quality assurance program with an independent board of experts in medical nutrition, training and pharmacology.
    All products registered through INFORMED-CHOICE are publicly accessible and available to the general public-not only for elite athletes.
    Advocare Advisor
    www.advocare.com/140549958/

The Food and Drug Administration theoretically regulates dietary supplements, sort of. Under a 1994 act, supplement manufacturers do not have to register their products with the FDA, although supplement labels are supposed to be accurate. Clearly this is not the case. Also clearly, the FDA does not have the money or the manpower to check out such things.

Stay Informed-- learn about Advocare supplements.

marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I need the label as we speak, C4 Extreme has Synephrine, bitter orange, in it

Sye11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any post collegiate athlete Gurus in here? My Preworkout has Higenamine as an ingredient and I just found out it was prohibited as well. Anybody know how long it takes for it to completely leave the system? Definitely won't be taking the preworkout anymore.

marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marketing1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks I'll pay attention for that

Originally Posted by WKC4 View Post
    Just research your product lines-- I always ask my friends- so why do you take ___________ pre workout? It's always because a friend that they trusted recommended it.

Google Will Brink and watch his videos-- Great resource.

Also-- look into product lines that undergo testing. Much easier to start off with a product line that athletes use.

AdvoCare values our relationships with the athletic community. With testing on the rise for performance-enhancing substances both at the amateur and professional levels, we have formed a strategic alliance with INFORMED-CHOICE to certify our products are banned-substance free. This alliance will allow athletes to make informed choices about what they decide to put in their bodies.

Why INFORMED-CHOICE?

INFORMED-CHOICE has specialized anti-doping experience. Their WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency)-experienced laboratory adheres to standards for sports supplements and has analyzed more samples for banned substances than any other lab in the world. The INFORMED-CHOICE program adheres to regulations put forth by WADA, and NCAA as well as professional sports organizations including the National Football League, Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, PGA, ATP, WTA, LPGA, and NASCAR.
    INFORMED-CHOICE serves as an addition to the AdvoCare quality assurance program with an independent board of experts in medical nutrition, training and pharmacology.
    All products registered through INFORMED-CHOICE are publicly accessible and available to the general public-not only for elite athletes.
    *CoughcoughpyramidschemecoughCough*

Originally Posted by marketing1 View Post
    I need the label as we speak, C4 Extreme has Synephrine, bitter orange, in it
    Yes, I know this.

Originally Posted by Sye11 View Post
    Any post collegiate athlete Gurus in here? My Preworkout has Higenamine as an ingredient and I just found out it was prohibited as well. Anybody know how long it takes for it to completely leave the system? Definitely won't be taking the preworkout anymore.
    Having some trouble finding the half-life of Higenamine. I'm guessing, as a stimulant, it won't stay in your system for a very long period of time. You would probably be ok after a couple days at the longest. But I can't be sure. What preworkout is it, just curious?

Sye11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 44bulldog View Post
    *CoughcoughpyramidschemecoughCough*

Yes, I know this.

Having some trouble finding the half-life of Higenamine. I'm guessing, as a stimulant, it won't stay in your system for a very long period of time. You would probably be ok after a couple days at the longest. But I can't be sure. What preworkout is it, just curious?
    AppNut UNCUT....Very good preworkout in capsule form. I tossed the bottle

000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why does the wikipedia article say that DHEA has no statistically significant effect on lean body mass in studies of 100 men and 100 women, yet it is on the original list of banned supplements.

Also, the federal government didn't ban it... so does it do something I can feel?

Originally Posted by Sye11 View Post
    AppNut UNCUT....Very good preworkout in capsule form. I tossed the bottle
    Ok.

Originally Posted by 000new000 View Post
    Why does the wikipedia article say that DHEA has no statistically significant effect on lean body mass in studies of 100 men and 100 women, yet it is on the original list of banned supplements.

Also, the federal government didn't ban it... so does it do something I can feel?
    I have no idea why the NCAA bans what they ban.

I wouldn't spend money on DHEA. If you just read a study saying it has no effect, why would you?

IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRONYBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have no idea why the NCAA bans what they ban.
    1.) Squeaky wheel.
    2.) Band wagon.

Nothing wrong about being competitive. Lance Armstrong for instance... oxygenating his blood, nothing harmful about it. Armstrong also worked very hard to where he got, it wasn't all doping.

000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=44bulldog;1254276141
    I wouldn't spend money on DHEA. If you just read a study saying it has no effect, why would you?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply, why would i? Well this site seems pretty positive about it, so I don't really know if it works or not because I never used it myself.

Originally Posted by 000new000 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, why would i? Well this site seems pretty positive about it, so I don't really know if it works or not because I never used it myself.
    Don't buy DHEA, it's not going to do anything for you.

jaredledwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need some info.

Not really urgent since most of this will probably be burned through before I ever need a drug test but just for future reference, do the following contain banned substances:
    Bullnox androrush, Betancourt Test HP, neogenix neurosurge, Gat nitraflex, yohimbe fuel, twinlab ripped fuel.

Originally Posted by jaredledwards View Post
    Not really urgent since most of this will probably be burned through before I ever need a drug test but just for future reference, do the following contain banned substances:
    Bullnox androrush, Betancourt Test HP, neogenix neurosurge, Gat nitraflex, yohimbe fuel, twinlab ripped fuel.
    Bullnox Androrush and Twinlabs Ripped Fuel both contain synephrine, which is banned by the NCAA, so they're no good. Everything else is fine.

Bullnox Androrush and Twinlabs Ripped Fuel both contain synephrine, which is banned by the NCAA, so they're no good. Everything else is fine.
    How long does that sit in your system?

Also thank you, real respectable guy doing all this.

Originally Posted by jaredledwards View Post
    How long does that sit in your system?

Also thank you, real respectable guy doing all this.
    According to this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/582950

Only a couple hours. You would most likely be fine as long as you didn't take it the day you were drug tested. But I'm not one to gamble and I wouldn't use it in season/pre-season at all.

And thanks for the compliment. I'm a college athlete myself and the NCAA does a terrible job at regulating their banned substances, so I just want to help as many people as I can.

Only a couple hours. You would most likely be fine as long as you didn't take it the day you were drug tested. But I'm not one to gamble and I wouldn't use it in season/pre-season at all.

And thanks for the compliment. I'm a college athlete myself and the NCAA does a terrible job at regulating their banned substances, so I just want to help as many people as I can.[/QUOTE]

Okay great info and really nice to know. It's really tough figuring this stuff out especially with the cocktails pre workouts and the aforementioned shoddy guidelines the NCAA gives us. I'm trying to train for Oly lifting, currently just club, but If the gains keep coming you never know. So it's nice to know if i will be okay or not considering I need preworkouts with my days. Once again, thanks man and good luck with your own athletics.