dancingmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Distended stomach

Hi, I have a problem, and I'm not sure if it's normal or not. I'm 5'2, 101 lbs, 12% body fat, 17 y/o. I'm a competitive dancer, and I've been weight lifting for about a year. I eat about 1800 calories a day, split up into 5-6 meals eaten every 2-3 hours. I eat plenty of fruits and veggies, complex carbs and lean protein, and I drink a lot of water. My problem is this, my stomach gets bigger after eating...now I know that to a certain extent, this is normal, but I'll wake up with a 24 inch waist, and I'll go to bed with a 27 or 28 inch waist. Is this normal, and is there anything I can do about it? Does it mean that I am overeating?

Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have always had my tummy be larger at the end of the night. I never measured how much though. The more water I drink during the day the larger it seems to get also. I think it would only be a sign of over eating if you were gaining weight. I always thought it was abnormal also. I guess until other people respond we won't know if its normal or if we are weird.

Viola
    Lead..Follow..Or Get Out Of The Way!!!

07-02-02 170 lbs 5'5" 36% bf
    12-24-02 147 lbs
    03-14-03 152 lbs 25% bf
    03-20-03 150 lbs 24% bf

spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: Distended stomach

Originally posted by dancingmuscle
    Hi, I have a problem, and I'm not sure if it's normal or not. I'm 5'2, 101 lbs, 12% body fat, 17 y/o. I'm a competitive dancer, and I've been weight lifting for about a year. I eat about 1800 calories a day, split up into 5-6 meals eaten every 2-3 hours. I eat plenty of fruits and veggies, complex carbs and lean protein, and I drink a lot of water. My problem is this, my stomach gets bigger after eating...now I know that to a certain extent, this is normal, but I'll wake up with a 24 inch waist, and I'll go to bed with a 27 or 28 inch waist. Is this normal, and is there anything I can do about it? Does it mean that I am overeating?
    carbs do that to me--it might help to make only one change, eat most carbs by lunch time no later

hope this helps

ironmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I need help!

Edited by Mod
    Last edited by MsFit; 06-30-2003 at 10:10 PM.
    beef. it's whats for dinner.

Thou shalt squat most heavily
    Thou shalt overcome

spn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

exact same problem!

Prepregnancy for the most part my tummy stayed flat now it's only when I wake up. My b/fat is 12 as well but I do drink a ton of water, low complex carbs, but a lot of veggies. I know this doesn't help but I understand and my waist grows by the hour too! I tried not do abs just Ms. Fit's "stomach vacuums" to no avail.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keep up the vacuums, clean eating, cardio, and training and you will tighten those stretched tummy muscles. Pregnancy can really take a toll on a ladies body. However, I've seen a lady compete 6 months after giving birth and she had a solid 6 pack. Just don't give up, stay consistent.

spn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanks for the encouragment

Actually they are tight and hard, they just get poofy easy. Embarrassingly I went to a doctor to see if any surgery would help and they said no, the muscles were tight and there was no fat there to be removed. I gave birth about 16 months ago.

debbie421 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No solution, just relating. My stomach also puffs out at the day goes on-I'd love it if I could keep the same stomach I woke up with all day! And I've never had kids so go figure.

Lisa W. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Debbie,
    Mine does the same thing. Isn't that weird. I wake up with a flat stomach and by the end of the day, I look so bloated. My diet only consist of protein, vegetables, and moderate complex carbs, so I'm not eating any junk. I do notice it more when I have had even a little bit of caffeine.

Lisa

Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tkarrde will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Though an issue which more frequently plagues men, a distended abdominal area at relatively low bodyfat percentages could be related to visceral adipose stores (the fat around the organs and such).
    Never mind the bollocks, here's issue #47 of Mind and Muscle Magazine, available now! http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net

Join M&M's Inner Circle and chat one-on-one with Industry Giants Will Brink, Bill Llewellyn, Marc McDougal, Anssi Manninen and Caleb Stone aka Par Deus!!!