Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Tank.. Tank.. TAAAANK. WannaBeATank's Avatar
    WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HamburgerTrain View Post
    Bingo. This block needs to have the highest relative training volume and intensity. Overload work is perfect.
    Another question, but this time about reverse band squats. I'm planning on using green bands, and they take out 110 at the bottom, does this mean that if I do reverse band squats with 540 lbs, that I should free squat 430 lbs?
    Look me in the eye. It's okay if you are scared, so am I, but we are scared for different reasons. I am scared of what I willn't become, you are scared of what I could become. Look at me! I will not let myself end where I started, I will not let myself finish where I begin. I know what is within me, even if you can't see it yet. Look me in the eyes, I have something more important than courage, I have patience. I will become what I know I am.

NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey HTrain,
    If I am understanding your training do you run westside with a block periodization overlay? Also if that is the case is that mainly for the DE day or the entire training breakdown? Sorry to bug you, I just am a big fan of the block periodization and westside so it is interesting to see a working way to incorporate them.

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Havent posted in a while. Mostly because I havent been writing anything down and have completely forgot what I did in most of my training. Oh well, projected openers for Nationals:

650, 500, 760 for 1910. If I have an awesome day, I should be over 2100. If I have a $hitty day, I'll get something in the low 2000s and still set the national deadlift record.

HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NIsrael View Post
    Hey HTrain,
    If I am understanding your training do you run westside with a block periodization overlay? Also if that is the case is that mainly for the DE day or the entire training breakdown? Sorry to bug you, I just am a big fan of the block periodization and westside so it is interesting to see a working way to incorporate them.
    Yes. And I use it for all of m training. It is the only way it is effective. I still use the same training breakdown: Accumulation, Intensification, Transformation. My loading is a little more concentrated than the typical Westside System. This works best for me as a raw and single ply lifter. I will definitely change it up a little when I get into multiply because technical skill becomes more of an issue. Anywya training is broken down like this:

Accumulation:
    DE- Ultra high volume- 50-60 reps on main lifts (usually 50% and 25-30 sets of 2-3 reps for time)
    ME- 3-5rms only, limited accomodated resistance
    RE- General and high volume

Intensification:
    DE- Moderate volume- typical speed strength and strength speed work
    ME- 1-3rms with tons of overload
    RE- Specific and high volume

Transformation:
    DE- Low volume
    ME- percentage based
    RE- Specific low volume

Originally Posted by WannaBeATank View Post
    Another question, but this time about reverse band squats. I'm planning on using green bands, and they take out 110 at the bottom, does this mean that if I do reverse band squats with 540 lbs, that I should free squat 430 lbs?
    Doesnt mean anything. It means you can reverse band squat 540 with the green bands. Just write that number down and beat it the next time. If that number goes up in your next training cycle but your competition squat does not, then ditch it because its not helping.

NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes. And I use it for all of m training. It is the only way it is effective. I still use the same training breakdown: Accumulation, Intensification, Transformation. My loading is a little more concentrated than the typical Westside System. This works best for me as a raw and single ply lifter. I will definitely change it up a little when I get into multiply because technical skill becomes more of an issue. Anywya training is broken down like this:

Accumulation:
    DE- Ultra high volume- 50-60 reps on main lifts (usually 50% and 25-30 sets of 2-3 reps for time)
    ME- 3-5rms only, limited accomodated resistance
    RE- General and high volume

Intensification:
    DE- Moderate volume- typical speed strength and strength speed work
    ME- 1-3rms with tons of overload
    RE- Specific and high volume

Transformation:
    DE- Low volume
    ME- percentage based
    RE- Specific low volume
    thanks for the reply sir that is similar to a set-up I have been thinking about running myself

thanks for the reply sir that is similar to a set-up I have been thinking about running myself
    Cool man. This $hit works. I train a couple other guys that are running similar programs with crazy results. Anyway, let me know if you have anymore specific questions. I'd be more than happy to help.

Saturday-6-9-12- DE Upper

Bench- 215x12x3- paused every rep.
    225 bench x 34. Not a PR but didnt use any wraps or sleeves so kinda PR? Used a comp. grip, which I never use in training.

Bent over rows-
    135x2x10
    225x6
    Straps
    315x6<~~~ moved fast didnt cheat too much.
    405x6<~~~ ****ing awesome. I can now officially row more than I can bench.

Arm only 500m row in 2:45- 50% on the resistance... this sucked.

Cool man. This $hit works. I train a couple other guys that are running similar programs with crazy results. Anyway, let me know if you have anymore specific questions. I'd be more than happy to help.
    Thanks man I definitely will

Hey HTrain,
    I was wondering about your transformation block. What do you do for the ME percentage based portion? And by low volume DE/RE work do you mean triples and fives or something else? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get it all down. I was also wondering how long you run each block for, generally?

chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrissmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Saturday-6-9-12- DE Upper

Bench- 215x12x3- paused every rep.
    225 bench x 34. Not a PR but didnt use any wraps or sleeves so kinda PR? Used a comp. grip, which I never use in training.

Bent over rows-
    135x2x10
    225x6
    Straps
    315x6<~~~ moved fast didnt cheat too much.
    405x6<~~~ ****ing awesome. I can now officially row more than I can bench.

Arm only 500m row in 2:45- 50% on the resistance... this sucked.
    Strong rows!!! I bet you look like a silver back gorilla with that deadlift and row strength lol.

Are you doing raw nationals or single ply?
    Best Geared lifts
    931 Squat (metal pro squatter no briefs)
    600 Bench ( inzer rage x single ply)
    720 Deadlift (metal pro squatter)

Best RAW lifts
    600 Squat
    440 Bench
    661 Deadlift

Hey HTrain,
    I was wondering about your transformation block. What do you do for the ME percentage based portion? And by low volume DE/RE work do you mean triples and fives or something else? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get it all down. I was also wondering how long you run each block for, generally?
    DE work stays around 50% with bands and chains dropped.

My ME Work is usually 75% for a bunch of singles week 1, 50% week 2, with a full meet at 30% 2-3 days out.

Originally Posted by chrissmax View Post
    Strong rows!!! I bet you look like a silver back gorilla with that deadlift and row strength lol.

Are you doing raw nationals or single ply?
    Both if I can afford it. haha. Single Ply in a week and a half though.

My entire Tuesday- 6-19-12-

6am- Wake up, read some stuff online while chugging 2 k-cups of very strong coffee

7am- Get to gym
    Benched 215x5x1 (50%)
    Rowed 225x5x3
    Scap Rows-225x3x5
    Lateral Sh. Raises- Mini x 3x10

Tabata Calorie Row- 78. This is brutal conditioning.

8am-Client #1 cancelled on me this morning so I tractioned my shoulders, smashed my heel chords on a barbell for 5 minutes a leg, worked on ankle mobility for about 20minutes.

9am- Had a youth SAQ group. Today was active recovery for them which means:

PVC rolling
    20min dynamic warm-up
    Got 3 10yd dash times for all 15 kids
    Reactive Triple Box Jumps- 12inches for 10x3
    1 Leg SLDLs for 3x8 on each leg

Prowler- 50lbs for 6 trips of 130 feet with a turn around at 65. Rest was however long it took the others to push the thing.

I always feel bad when people throw up. Some of the kids work so damn hard, it is tough for them to have an 'easy' day. Pukey count this week was 2. This is a PR.

10:30am- Had my QL's smashed to a ****ing pulp, had my spine adjusted, and got my hip unlocked. Then I was hooked into a traction table turned up to 150lbs of pull for 10 minutes. The most I had done until today was 135. I thought 15 more pounds would not be a big difference and 150lbs sounded cooler anyway. After the 10 minutes, it took me 20 minutes to be able to stand. I think it tractioned my soul more than my spine.

11:15am- Venti Cafe Americano with 1/4 cup of heavy cream and 30g of whey isolate. Got back to Live Long Fitness and stretched my psoas/illicus/hip flexor complex for about 15 minutes (modified couch stretch).

12:00pm- Started with a new client last week... he is 6'4'' and over 350lbs. I know this because our scale at the gym only goes to 350 and when he stood on it, the LED flashed error, a little robot arm appeared out of the side with a gun in its hands, and then it blew its brains out. I am guessing him at AT LEAST 380. He moves very well and tested above "****ty" on my movement analysis that I use on new athletes. I am very excited to work with this kid... yes, I said kid. He is 16.

1:00pm- Was running late for a client at another gym (a fitness center I currently manage). Called him to appologize, he said he forgot about the appointment but wants to give me a check for 10 more sessions (even though he is still good for 3 more) today so that I have more spending money at Nationals. These are the best kind of people to work with.

1:30- Got to the fitness center and thank god had time to shower, eat, and get more coffee.

2:00pm-9:00pm- Manage fitness. There is a local deli/food place right down the street that delivers. I plan on backloading like a maniac tonight while people on treadmills watch and then taking it easy until weigh-ins on Sunday. Weight was 262.2 this morning so I have a little breathing room.

I don't know why I shared all of this today. Probably because I want to look like I am working so people won't come up and ask me how the horizontal leg press machine can be adjusted. *sigh*. More tomorrow.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Really liked the detailed write-up on a "normal" day.

You train like a madman, but there is a method to your madness as you stated.

You only eat one meal before backloading? I recently bought the CBL book and it's taking me a bit to get through it and i think i am making it much more complicated than it actually is.
    "Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War"

Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144630491