gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Burst blood vessel in head?? Help

I was In the gym leg pressing, final rep pushing really hard and forgot to breathe...

Massive pain In the middle of my head like a weird headache and hat to go and sit down for 10 mins.

Following day on chest it hurt again same sort of pain not even straining with weight but later passed, still feel a bit headachy now and again...

Am I ok?

Op doesn't want to die skinny

southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000) southparkbbb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gingersgym View Post
    I was In the gym leg pressing, final rep pushing really hard and forgot to breathe...

Massive pain In the middle of my head like a weird headache and hat to go and sit down for 10 mins.

Following day on chest it hurt again same sort of pain not even straining with weight but later passed, still feel a bit headachy now and again...

Am I ok?

is it like a pounding pain, like massive migrain just suddenly hit you? but after you stop for like 10 minutes it goes away?if so, ive had that happen to me prolly a year ago and you might need to just take some time off from the gym for a week or 2.

Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes was the best and most logical conclusion you came to .

BRB suffering from the benz because I didn't breath on one rep .
    Ka0s :In my experience, doing heavy barbell squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, rows, etc. builds no significant muscle mass.
    What you need to really get big is a solid routine which focuses on light weights and cable movements to really force blood into those muscles and get that deep burn & powerful contraction

Location: Misc City, BBington, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Icons93 View Post
    Yes was the best and most logical conclusion you came to .

BRB suffering from the benz because I didn't breath on one rep .
    Don't be a dick Mr Alpha, If I had recurring head pain only when lifting I would probably worry too.
    OP it probably isn't a burst blood vessel but take it easy for a while and don't strain too hard if it comes back again. Then again I'm not a Doctor.
    Last edited by Dawes; 12-25-2011 at 02:28 PM.

JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Am I ok?

Same **** happened to me man. I tried to lift a few times afterwards and the pain cam back immediately from moderate exercise. I went to hospital and it was a swollen blood vessel in the back of my head above neck(even though the pain felt it was in the center of my head). I ended up coming of krealkalyn creatine, excessive arginine and caffeine, and re hydrating myself. I also took two months off lifting all together. I didn't want to but they said I was I was at high risk of aneurysm. Hope this helps man. Take it easy
    "Love is a stronger emotion then hate, and I'm all about strength."
    -Big Mike (defending Celine Dion as his choice of workout music).

Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Don't be a dick Mr Alpha, If I had recurring head pain only when lifting I would probably worry too.
    OP it probably isn't a burst blood vessel but take it easy for a while and don't strain too hard if it comes back again.
    Wot ?

Sorry if thinking bursting a blood vessel while lifting is stupid . YOu have a headache . Pop a panadol and you shall be ok .
    Ka0s :In my experience, doing heavy barbell squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, rows, etc. builds no significant muscle mass.
    What you need to really get big is a solid routine which focuses on light weights and cable movements to really force blood into those muscles and get that deep burn & powerful contraction

Location: Misc City, BBington, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wot ?

Sorry if thinking bursting a blood vessel while lifting is stupid . YOu have a headache . Pop a panadol and you shall be ok .
    The brb suffering from the benz bit read like a typical teenbb **** comment that is all.
    And it wasn't just a headache. If you have a headache it will last the whole time, not just when you lift weights.

Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    The brb suffering from the benz bit read like a typical teenbb **** comment that is all.
    And it wasn't just a headache. If I have a headache it will last the whole time, not just when I lift weights.
    true apologies .

Well maybe but saying you burst a blood vessel is a bit extreme .

JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    true apologies .

Well maybe but saying you burst a blood vessel is a bit extreme .
    Im tired of seeing your dogmatic posts everywhere. Your are not a doctor and neither am I.
    " A rupture in the brain could cause headaches, dizziness or double vision, weakness, trouble speaking, and even a tingling sensation. If a broken blood vessel is suspected in the brain, medical treatment should be sought immediately."

And yeah brah im mad

Originally Posted by JoKing View Post
    Im tired of seeing your dogmatic posts everywhere. Your are not a doctor and neither am I.
    " A rupture in the brain could cause headaches, dizziness or double vision, weakness, trouble speaking, and even a tingling sensation. If a broken blood vessel is suspected in the brain, medical treatment should be sought immediately."

And yeah brah im mad
    call me out brah . Might give me something to do .

Im madder xD .

Edit - Also a rupture in the brain , did someone nail him over the head with a barbell while he was doing these leg presses .

call me out brah . Might give me something to do .

Im madder xD .
    Naww its cool, I forgive you. But drink some water.....just sayin

Naww its cool, I forgive you. But drink some water.....just sayin
    lulz cheers brah .. Merry christmas

lulz cheers brah .. Merry christmas
    Hugs and Kisses xoxoxo
    My Mother is from Killarney btw

Hugs and Kisses xoxoxo
    My Mother is from Killarney btw
    hugs and kisses returned

For that I give you measly Irish reps

Thread strongly derailed xD .

gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks done some research and it's a headache/pain that is caused from a build up of pressure and expands blood vessels In your head, if you keep doing it it can cause brain separation or anurism which are both life threatening. It caused by high blood pressure from lifting and I was talking white flood at the time which could have been a benefactor to causing it. So Im going to stop wf and still lift but check breathing and see how I feel..

OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnlyApathy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks done some research and it's a headache/pain that is caused from a build up of pressure and expands blood vessels In your head, if you keep doing it it can cause brain separation or anurism which are both life threatening. It caused by high blood pressure from lifting and I was talking white flood at the time which could have been a benefactor to causing it. So Im going to stop wf and still lift but check breathing and see how I feel..

You do not have a burst blood vessel in your brain (you would be unconscious or six feet under right now) and it's not caused by a build up of expanding blood vessels in your head. Raised intracranial pressure causes pain (commonly known as a headache), if chronic there needs to be a reason. You do not have an aneurysm and you can't cause an aneurysm to occur. High blood pressure causes charcot-bouchard microaneurysms, you are correct, but it would probabaly take 40 years of hypertension to cause this.

What you have is a muscle spasm in your neck/head muscles that is causing pain, pure and simple. Take a few days off or take paracetamol and stop being so paranoid. I'd recommend seeing a doctor in future if you have any serious concerns about anything rather than asking a group of teenagers online that don't understand correct grammar let alone clinical diagnosis.

Thanks, would it be wise to skip out the wf as linked to increased BP or is it a case of just breathing properly... Thanks