Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I have an interview this Monday, any last minute tips? Help!

I'm really excited and nervous as I received a call today for an interview by a large personal training company this Monday. Any last minute tips? I saw another poster here on the forums post a link to his site for tips http://www.joe-cannon.com/fitness-jo...ps-to-success/ but I'd rather be over prepared and once again really want to land this job! Thank you
    Never Accept Defeat
    Never Quit
    You Deserve What You Settle For

Check out my past completed supplement log(s):
    LG Sciences Cold Fusion EX - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=385525371#post385525371
    LG Sciences Anadraulic State - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=402458291#post402458291
    LG Sciences Anadraulic State GT & Anadraulic Pump - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=472949631#post472949631

Load will become famous soon enough. (+50) Load will become famous soon enough. (+50) Load will become famous soon enough. (+50) Load will become famous soon enough. (+50) Load will become famous soon enough. (+50) Load will become famous soon enough. (+50) Load will become famous soon enough. (+50) Load will become famous soon enough. (+50) Load will become famous soon enough. (+50) Load will become famous soon enough. (+50) Load will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd anticipate running one of their guys through a workout. I just had to do that, actually, a day after my verbal interview. They'll likely throw curve balls at you, breathe incorrectly, and have you position & demonstrate everything for them.

tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylerpritchard_7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Take a gym buddy and go through the process of going through a mock workout. Get him to throw curveballs at you. If you know your stuff you'll be fine.

Be confident, not cocky.
    I love lifting plates and bars.
    YouTube - TheTylerPritchard

1st meet - 630kg @ 103 raw (June 8th, 2013)
    2nd meet goals 675 @ 105 (Sept 2013)

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was going to offer my post on this but it was already posted thanks
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    expect a practical interview of some sort where one of the trainers will ask you to demonstrate what you'd do in a variety of situations.
    John Lee: www.facebook.com/johnleepage

Follow me on Twitter: @JohnLeeAries

Live life with purpose and pleasure will follow.

CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CharlottePT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In all honesty every interview i've been on, i tell them i have my NASM certification and they don't ask me any training questions or put them in workouts or anything.

They'd ask about training style, and what type of clients your most comfortable with. I got hired at a bally's equivalent and they saw i had the nasm certification and literally just hired me on the spot. If its more of a private specialized studio then maybe you'll have to go through the workouts and stuff.....but i feel like all my interviews weren't even really interviews. If its a box, be prepared for the whole selling aspect.

Its unfortunate but i suppose its b/c the turnover rate is so high around here

darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Show up on time. If you can do that, you're already in the top 60th percentile.
    Online trainer and contest prep coach
    fivestarrphysique.com
    youtube.com/fivestarrfitness

KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm ACSM but recently did the song and dance for a franchise gym and we didn't have any kinds of 'test' questions trying to see if they could catch me not knowing something they felt I should. Got lucky. I did have to work their manager out. Beforehand I asked him if it was going to be working *him* out, or working him out as a first time client who is unfamiliar with the gym or has any other special circumstances. Fortunately he said no, he was being trained as himself and to design and administer a workout for himself as a mid twenties male in good shape looking to increase power and speed. (okay test question, this is where you get to perk and go ohhh, I'll bet you're looking to work plyo! Explode!!!) I did chest and tris because I'm confident in my ability to take any level of exerciser to fatigue and past if they'd like on them, and since I had an hour I wanted to have more prepared in the back of my mind just in case so I went with something I have a lot of.

I came in ahead of time and checked out what and where the machines and weights I wanted to use would be. The 'test' workout, you are a trainer and need to be able to present to your client and lead the charge. Having to drop in and out of a 'scene' to ask where the tricep chair is doesn't make you feel like a confident predator of the weight room floor sizing up your clients tricep energy reserve. It makes you feel like a lost kid in the mall. Know the layout of the interview gym ahead of time.

If you have to work the boss, then giving good cuing, reenforcing good form/ breathing, using the 'like/i'd like/like' sandwich when giving general critique and using multiple formats to come at the same muscle group. So long as you demonstrate first, line every set up like it's the very first time they've approached the machine, you'll catch any deliberate 'tricks' like wrist impingement, low back alignment, grip etc. I would be sure you know where to stand to spot any exercises you do with free-weights, bars etc. Using closed personal statements like "I'd like you to sit on the mat and take your feet to the floor just past the edge" as opposed to the irritating "alright, now we're going to..."

Enthusiasm was a big thing. I came back day after day, and checked in any time I had some progress on daycare, was in the neighborhood or just wanted to check by and say hi. Having a few good client stories helps too. Rapport - the ability to make someone feel at ease and to trust you with their workout quickly helps. It's a people job for sure.