BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Putting together a Plan to travel Europe this summer for 2 months, need input/ advice

Will rep 5.5k with useful information / trip reports/ anything useful in general. My budget is ~$3500

Did any of you go to Europe and go to any places that you didn't like? Let me know. Wish you would have done something differently? Tell me why and what you would have done. Maybe we can put together an awesome collaboration of info from a bunch of misc'ers for any futures misc'ers wishing to travel and enjoy the trip to its full extent.
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831

HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am in Europe.

My advice is to compare eurail costs (package train costs -trains are quick i.e. 500 dollars for 10 days of travelling within 2 months anywhere in Europe including overnights etc) and budget airlines like ryanair, which I think is probably the cheapest budget airline in Europe.

Depends what kind of person you are. City person, do London (though expensive) Paris, Berlin (pretty cheap), Barcelona - in my opinion these are all great major cities.

Your trip depends where you can get the cheapest flights to, i.e. fly to Barcelona, go up to Lyons, Paris, go through Switzerland to Berlin, do Eastern Europe. I don't know, depends. Rome's cool but you're realistically not going to do it by train - Italy's like a penis shape, you have to go down to get to Rome and that takes like a day by train and then go all the way back up again.

Also depends when you go. If in the summer, I'd go more to beaches in Spain and beaches in Croatia. Winter weather's going to be rubbish everywhere, might as well freeze in London and Paris more. Paris gets a bit stuffy in the summer.

Switzerland is one of the most beautiful places in Europe - Interlaken being particularly stunning. Cities are boring though, especially Geneva, not worth more than stopping by.

Scandinavia is doable too but it's expensive, very expensive - even more than London. Actually London can be affordable if you go to a cheap hostel.

hostelbookers, hostelworld, booking.com is where to find accommodation. Lonely planet online, or trip advisor are where to book and find out about places to stay and go.

Edit:
    http://www.eurail.com/home
    This is the map you want as it has all railways mapped out so you can see where you're changing etc:
    http://www.eurail.com/planning/railway-map
    If you research the distances they can be long (like an overnight sleeper train) and there are only so many of those you want to do - so best so east to west or west to east with diversions, if that makes sense. Try to go in a straight line (i.e. London, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Venice, coastal city in croatia, vienna, prague, berlin, krakow etc and fly back from a conveniently close end destination.
    2 main ways of saving money:
    1 Save on hostels by overnight sleeper trains (so free nights)
    2 on food with supermarkets and eat out more in cheaper countries (though Spain and Germany can be pretty cheap).
    Last edited by HIIT; 12-08-2011 at 06:37 PM.

MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    London > Brussels > Amsterdam > Dusseldorf > Berlin > Warsaw > Krakow > Prague > Vienna > Budapest > Milan > Rome > Barcelona > Paris

2 months total = 4.5 days average per city, enough time to go on a few day trips to nearby cities too. That's what I'd do, stay in hostels all the way, interrail or fly between cities.

Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000) Kickerr is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MiKey4 View Post
    London > Brussels > Amsterdam > Duffeldorf > Berlin > Warsaw > Krakow > Prague > Vienna > Budapest > Milan > Rome > Barcelona > Paris
    good luck at 3500 you also have to factor in costs for food, and believe me, when you're in those culture rich cities.. you're not going to want to eat raman noodles. Set aside some extra money to splurge on food. I promise you won't regret it. Food is one of the most cultural things you can try and it's different in every country or region.
    Day trader
    S&P
    "If it's good it's great, if it's bad, it's an experience."

mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrintradesting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    -figure out where you want to go and for how many days (roughly). allow room to change while you are traveling
    -kayak.com for flight into europe. depending where you are, and where you are traveling, you may want to fly into one city and out a different. (i flew into paris and flew out of rome.
    -go on backing europe sites so make a checklist of what to bring. for example locks, mini first aid kit, hand sanitizer(most hostels don't have soap)
    -call credit card and phone companies to tell them you are travelling overseas to make sure they will work where you are going.
    -hostelword.com and hostel.com to book hostels (look at not only reviews but where they are located in the city can make a big difference)
    -depending where and how long your traveling- eurail pass, or look up individual ticket prices,
    -i spent 2-3 days in each city
    -before you go, go online and research the city of where to go and what to see so you have a general idea- lots of cities have free tours
    - paris is beautiful and a must. lots to see, very easy train system, and do lots of walking as there is lots to see
    -amsterdam is a great laid back city, great for walking or renting a bike
    -berlin had some good clubs, also good history to check out
    -prague was one of the most beautiful cities i've seen. also great cheap beer
    -vienna also very nice, very nice people,
    -budapest- i enjoyed, some more sketchy people(compared to other cities) just more issues with roma people and pickpockets, great food tho
    -nuremburg germany- went here cause hour or so away from munich and during oktoberfest. i stayed in the old city walls, very cool city with great food
    -munich- only went for the day to oktoberfest. got **** faced and don;t remember much. if you go during oktoberfest then do it
    -venice italy - tops with most beautiful cities too. fun to travel water taxis and see the sites, great food, must stop
    -florence- cool city good nightlife, again great food.- while here took day trip to cinque terre which is along the coast. took a hiking tour which was worth it. the views are amazing and worth taking time to see just for the day
    -rome- must stop, coliseum, forum, vatican, etc. tons to see. plan accordingly of what to see as there is plenty

-eat out, but also shop at supermarkets to pick up food, will save you tons of money then eating out all the time
    -watch out for pickpocks and scams. i've watched people try to take advantage of old tourists. in paris i saw couple black dudes call people over, tie a colored string around the tourists wrist, and not let go till the tourist pays them for the "bracelet" most of the tourists were betas and paid. i got sick of it and confronted the guys and they just left........also in italy, there were a few others, mostly crappy fake photocopied art

ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MiKey4 View Post
    London > Brussels > Amsterdam > Dusseldorf > Berlin > Warsaw > Krakow > Prague > Vienna > Budapest > Milan > Rome > Barcelona > Paris

2 months total = 4.5 days average per city, enough time to go on a few day trips to nearby cities too. That's what I'd do, stay in hostels all the way, interrail or fly between cities.
    for this trip you will need at least 6k. 3.5k won't get you far. and avoid Brussel, Düsseldorf and Milan. nothing to see there.

MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000) MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000) MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000) MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000) MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000) MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000) MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000) MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000) MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000) MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000) MarshalMiller is just really nice. (+1000)
    The misc is not your travel agent phaggot

Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodybreak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im going at the end of Jan. Damn tho, $3,500? I'm just bringing 1k and was gonna rely on coach surfing, hostels, and family for sleep.
    Gay for Klokov crew

Reps 4 life:TimmyTert

oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100) oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100) oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100) oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100) oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100) oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100) oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100) oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100) oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100) oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100) oM3gA is not very well liked. (-100)
    summer 2012 is the world cup, good luck with your hooligan free vacations in Poland and Ukraine.
    **Misc Cologne Crew**
    >>> ANCIENT ASTRONAUT CREW <<<

Just pick up some fcukin' weight and MOVE IT!

soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    planning on going this summer for tomorrowland in belgium, as well as a couple other countries in europe

will rep for good advice
    YNWA
    such 1k+

vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vz1985 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Op MSG me. I travelled Europe 3 years ago and am very experienced in traveling. Pm me. No rep beg

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by soccer9gm View Post
    planning on going this summer for tomorrowland in belgium, as well as a couple other countries in europe

will rep for good advice
    I'm trying to go to tomorrowland as well! Also, repped those of you with good info ITT. PM'ing guy above as well
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831