HardcorePowerlifting.com Sean Katterle's Avatar
    Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000)

Bill Kazmaier talkin some smack back in the day !

Dunno if this is real or staged. The YouTube poster said it was a clip from a documentary about Tom Magee. But the guy he's arguing with is not Tom Magee and Tom Magee did compete in the WSM television show.
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle
    http://www.HardcorePowerlifting.com

Check out my new weight lifting BLOG at

http://blogs.ironmanmagazine.com/hardcorepowerlifting/

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hope it was staged, because it sure makes him look like a pompous ass...

I was watching a Ronnie Coleman interview earlier and he was asked what he thought about a certain bodybuilder being "the next Ronnie Coleman." Ronnie said, "just the fact that they would call anyone 'the next me' is an honor."

Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    I hope it was staged, because it sure makes him look like a pompous ass...

I was watching a Ronnie Coleman interview earlier and he was asked what he thought about a certain bodybuilder being "the next Ronnie Coleman." Ronnie said, "just the fact that they would call anyone 'the next me' is an honor."
    Well, I've seen Bill Kazmaier act like this in public before. But he's also got experience as a pro wrestler. So I dunno if that scene was scripted or candid.
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sean Katterle View Post
    Well, I've seen Bill Kazmaier act like this in public before. But he's also got experience as a pro wrestler. So I dunno if that scene was scripted or candid.
    Well, that sucks. I have a lower opinion of him now. Not that I really cared before.

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thats gotta be fake. gotta be
    ***Georgia Crew***

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Narcissism and greatness often go hand in hand.

See: Jordan, Michael. Ali, Muhammad. Mantle, Mickey. Ruth, Babe. Bryant, Kobe. Sanders, Deion. Schwarzenegger, Arnold. And on and on and on.
    www.PowerliftingToWin.com

BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That had to be fake, I've never seen anyone who acted like that much of an ass in public, much less on camera.
    1st Strongman Competition May 3rd, 2014

brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brentwillisbgw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    Thats gotta be fake. gotta be
    I hope so. If not then that's pathetic.
    My Training Logs:
    http://www.xccellence.com/forum/showthread.php?14421-Brent-Willis-Training-Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128149961
    http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37713-Brent-Willis-Raw-Training-Log

705/462/832 @ 308 Raw

youtube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/brentwillisbgw#p/u

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hard to say. There is enough other stuff on film of him crossing way over the line, lol.

Hopefully it was fake though....kinda ruff when the wsm has to argue with a woman
    "Humility comes before honor"

BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Without the context it doesn't mean much, it's halfway through an argument just as tempers are getting a bit frayed. It does look real though judging by the genuinely pissed off looking bodybuilder and trainer and the onlookers pretending to ignore the situation while looking nervous lol. It was a time when strongman had and encouraged egos and characters though.

It's not too dissimilar from the stick people get for not squatting etc. and a lot of people like to give that out.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    saw this:

"To be fair to Kaz, that guy (Dave Gauder) and his wife used to perform (and still do) Paul Anderson style feats of strength and claim to be the strongest man in the world. He would do "1000 pound squats" and **** and charge admission fees. He never did a real competition. "

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/wh...27/index4.html

is this him?

"Humility comes before honor"

BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumShrapnel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    saw this:

"To be fair to Kaz, that guy (Dave Gauder) and his wife used to perform (and still do) Paul Anderson style feats of strength and claim to be the strongest man in the world. He would do "1000 pound squats" and **** and charge admission fees. He never did a real competition. "

is this him?

[youtube]J7-ZameYvX0/youtube]
    Looks like it lol. Completely justified if so lol.

Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    saw this:

is this him?

That does look like the guy Kazmaier was arguing with. If so, I don't blame Kaz for not liking the dude's obviously over inflated claims of strength. I would have liked to hear the beginning of the conversation though. Kazmaier would be justified in challenging the guy to sign-up to compete against him in an official competition. And Kazmaier would have crushed him numbers wise!
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle

Registered User BIG_FAT_SLAPPER's Avatar
    BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I found it hilarious and like this hilarious side of Kaz. Have you lot seen the vid where he nearly kills OD Wilson, it's pretty funny as well.

But yeah the greats usually are cocky and brash.
    288 crew

Registered User BIG_FAT_SLAPPER's Avatar
    BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is the hilarious vid...sort of glad strongman has moved on since then because then event is just silly and too light. But strongman did seem more fun to watch back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPgobQpzYls
    288 crew

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't see why people are getting so pissed about this.... just another clown-esque *strength feat* idiot claiming to be the worlds strongest man, without actually putting his strength into any real perspective, or entering any real competition.

Kazmier is a legend, he will be remembered 50 years from now. Everything he said is true, people know who he is, they always will. No one knows who this clown is. I even used to be into that strength feat ****, nail bending, etc... never heard of him.... ever.

Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kratos89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Newbtime View Post
    I don't see why people are getting so pissed about this.... just another clown-esque *strength feat* idiot claiming to be the worlds strongest man, without actually putting his strength into any real perspective, or entering any real competition.

Kazmier is a legend, he will be remembered 50 years from now. Everything he said is true, people know who he is, they always will. No one knows who this clown is. I even used to be into that strength feat ****, nail bending, etc... never heard of him.... ever.
    This.

Kazmaiers gonna Kaz.
    PRs:

Squat: 672 lbs
    Bench Press: 446 lbs
    Deadlift: 696 lbs
    Press: 265 lbs

PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hahaha comedy

ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100) ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100) ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100) ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100) ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100) ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100) ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100) ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100) ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100) ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100) ClemsonStrong is not very well liked. (-100)
    I guess I could kind of see Kazz being a jerk, but it was probably justified.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well its just a shame you didn't grow. Trollololol
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If that was the same guy clamining to be the strongest man and what not, I don't blame Kaz at all.

samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I actually do remember this Dave Gauder, he was english did this sort of stuff in the eighties. I recall being impressed with him but I was about ten. And that was obviously staged.

ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000) ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000) ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000) ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000) ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000) ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000) ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000) ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000) ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000) ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000) ziyedb is just really nice. (+1000)
    As what I've heard, Kazmaier is a really nice and kind guy in real life.
    1890 ipf meet total
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Ziyedb

beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bill kazmaier did pro wrestling for a while...i think you would have to be pretty naive to think this wasn't staged or he wasn't hamming it up for the camera at least a little bit.

funny video nonetheless

Convict Meth Lab Beserker Hillbilly Frankenstein Strong.
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle

dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Probably staged considering people couldn't just whip out a camera phone and start recording a confrontation like they can now.
    Last edited by dlt76028; 12-06-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do DEADLIFT"--Jon Pall Sigmarsson

1829@230 raw
    622/380/826

Instagram: http://instagram.com/dtrouttpowerlifter

TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerShelgren will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kaz MC'd at NAS nationals this year, and one of my training partners showed him the video, and Kaz says he did not remember that entire ordeal ever happend.

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ziyedb View Post
    As what I've heard, Kazmaier is a really nice and kind guy in real life.
    I met Kaz at this year's NAS Masters Nationals/Texas Strongest Man. He was very cordial and even took a picture with my son and I. He's still huge. He did a bit of MC'ing there and told us he was there not to work, but "to have a good time".

He also knows his way around a BBQ pit.
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

Originally Posted by Newbtime View Post
    I doubt many of us who said something about it had any idea who that guy was or why Kaz was saying those things. I feel pretty sure you didn't either though.

When I first saw it, I couldn't imagine any situation where him being all arrogant like that to that woman would be justified. But, I was kinda wrong. But, it clearly just looked like he was just puffing his chest out to show his superiority to a wannabe-bodybuilder and his wife.

Either way, he still came off douchey imo, but people do things in front of a camera differently than they would otherwise, so whatever.