Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I am 24 and earned 130K (after taxes and 120K saved) ask me a question

I am working on the Oil Sands. All my food and board and internet is provided. Not CEOing ~ I am only a Journeyman and I hardly ever get to shout any orders.

I have already purchased a house where I am renting it to three Tradesmen who each pay me $1800 (600 seperate) a month in rent. I am looking to purchasse additional homes - my plan by 45 (if I can hold this job forever) will be to purchase more than a dozen homes and live off the $200K+ rent income.

Most Tradesmen who come here do not stay forever. I was University Educated (so I started late! I have an actual Bachelor of Arts degree in History) and found out that in this Canadian economy there was no employment for a Bachelor's humanities degree - so I turned down a $15 an hour office job, said goodbye to my family and have lived in the Oil Sands since.
    Last edited by mtmj; 12-14-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: people were confused when I said 1800. The three together pay 1800. So 600 + 600 + 600

Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Backbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong first post & strong screenshot of proof.
    2 Bulging/Slipped discs. But still lift crew.

ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausurfer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Point of this thread? ..

Support your local Rebels Erevan's Avatar
    Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erevan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mtmj View Post
    I was University Education

but who was University Education?? Oh wait, u were. Carry on.

CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) CopyPasteBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good job brah, no questions though. I congratulate men who do well for themselves.

coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10) coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10) coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10) coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10) coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10) coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10) coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10) coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10) coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10) coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10) coppb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am working on the Oil Sands. All my food and board and internet is provided. Not CEOing ~ I am only a Journeyman and I hardly ever get to shout any orders.

I have already purchased a house where I am renting it to three Tradesmen who each pay me $1800 a month in rent. I am looking to purchasse additional homes - my plan by 45 (if I can hold this job forever) will be to purchase more than a dozen homes and live off the $200K+ rent income.

Most Tradesmen who come here do not stay forever. I was University Educated (so I started late! I have an actual Bachelor of Arts degree in History) and found out that in this Canadian economy there was no employment for a Bachelor's humanities degree - so I turned down a $15 an hour office job, said goodbye to my family and have lived in the Oil Sands since.
    I hope you find the validation you are looking for on the misc...

Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I have already purchased a house where I am renting it to three Tradesmen who each pay me $1800 a month in rent. I am looking to purchasse additional homes - my plan by 45 (if I can hold this job forever) will be to purchase more than a dozen homes and live off the $200K+ rent income.

Lol, grossed $220k last year, was 24! Umad?

Worked in china, with best mate, got paid to party pretty much!

mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtmj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Type in six figures Alberta Oil Sands. A lot of tradesmen here are making six figures.

The distinction is that few men ever stay permanently ~ they all miss their families or can't handle the -40C winter.

Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Beyea is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whats your trade? So your a Journeyman already and you did 4 years of school to get a BA? so 18+4 = 22ish, 24 now you cant become a journeyman in 2 years sorry bro.

backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) backintheda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They pay you $1800 each a month in rent? Would love to see that room for rent! lol
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **

"Be curious and never give up, however difficult things might seem. Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. It matters that you don't just give up." -Stephen Hawking

WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500)
    How do I get into this "oil sands" business?

Originally Posted by Lemz29 View Post
    Lol, grossed $220k last year, was 24! Umad?

Worked in china, with best mate, got paid to party pretty much!
    Where did you get 220K? I said I had 120K saved ~ you likely wouldn't be able to cut it here with that kind of comprehension skills.

Originally Posted by WristStrapHeat View Post
    How do I get into this "oil sands" business?
    Placement agencies in Edmonton / Athasbasca will get you in. Have to be Canadian, American, British, Irish or Australian if you want a good chance of getting in.

OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by backintheda View Post
    They pay you $1800 each a month in rent? Would love to see that room for rent! lol
    lol, rent in fort mac

anyway man what trade did you get into? you taking more school for the trade? i'm in college in red deer right now but i got some labour experience and i want to just work for a bit instead of racking up debt

Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lemz29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where did you get 220K? I said I had 120K saved ~ you likely wouldn't be able to cut it here with that kind of comprehension skills.
    Electrician by trade, basically QA/supervise Chinese workers to make sure their work was to Australian standards.

In a city called Tianjin.

iKC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iKC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iKC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iKC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iKC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iKC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe you could elaborate for us Canadian brahs on what exactly is needed to get up there

Originally Posted by backintheda View Post
    There's a rental shortage. Most of the Tradesmen who come here are from other provinces (like the Maritimes / British Columbia) and no one wants to permanently buy here - so they just rent. There's a huge renting shortgage but there are so many homes being sold for $200K - $250K

WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500) WristStrapHeat is not very helpful. (-500)
    Placement agencies in Edmonton / Athasbasca will get you in. Have to be Canadian, American, British, Irish or Australian if you want a good chance of getting in.
    Link to a site so I can apply?

speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lol'd at $1800 each/month

Electrician by trade, basically QA/supervise Chinese workers to make sure their work was to Australian standards.

There's a lot of Australians here on the oil sands and they are making the bank

I know a couple young guys who own factories in one of those free economic zones. They're making bank.

Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000) Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000) Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000) Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000) Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000) Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000) Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000) Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000) Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000) Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000) Sebenza is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What about a humble Kiwi? Is there a place at this fellowship?
    Quest to 100K

Bend ova, facebook poke u tchalldaway's Avatar
    tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tchalldaway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am in alberta to find said job making 100K, all lies, mad as fuark, **** province.
    http://mibbit.com/#bodybuilding.com@chat4all
    Reps if you join!

I know a couple young guys who own factories in one of those free economic zones. They're making bank.
    Yeah brah, plenty of cash over there, and is actually good, was skeptical at first, but would go back in a flash.

Originally Posted by tchalldaway View Post
    I am in alberta to find said job making 100K, all lies, mad as fuark, **** province.
    Rustabout won't make 100K - neither will the drivers.

To be making the 100K+ (and stay in the camps - the labourers aren't even allowed into them) you have to be a Welder / Electrician but you will work insane hours to get 100K+. It's actually unrealistic that I will make it to 45 with my workload.

Originally Posted by Sebenza View Post
    What about a humble Kiwi? Is there a place at this fellowship?
    There are New Zealanders here. I even met an Ukrainian guy awhile back.

Quando omni flunkus.. XxBlackout's Avatar
    XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ITT I just learned that -40'C is also -40'F. wtf (srs)
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **

Link to a site so I can apply?
    The placement agencies aren't online - you have to do them in person but some of the companies do recruit online.

There's always a high turnover because people **** their pants with the -40C weather or they miss their Girlfriends / Wives / Families.

This is an ideal job if you are like me ~ young, no girlfriend and no family (I am on bad terms with mine). My plan is to work until 45 so I can retire and live off rent income and be a fulltime Dad (I have looked into Estonian citizenship since they hand it out if you buy a 200K house).

pool is home to a bandaid TriggerWarning's Avatar
    TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000) TriggerWarning is a name known to all. (+5000)
    op forgot to mention hes hustling crack and meth to the migrant slaves he's renting to. He's also playing the game called how many Newfies can fit under one roof.

Rustabout won't make 100K - neither will the drivers.

To be making the 100K+ (and stay in the camps - the labourers aren't even allowed into them) you have to be a Welder / Electrician but you will work insane hours to get 100K+. It's actually unrealistic that I will make it to 45 with my workload.
    Iknowthisfeel.

Back in aus now working in a diamond mine, earning about $150k but busting my Angus for every dollar, massive hours, **** lifestyle, so many fukwits!

Hurts the ego when you drop a wage!