Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Probably going to try PHAT I like how it's basically push/pull/rest then hypertrophy days.
    Have a bunch of workouts on paper not going to put them here because I'm not sure of order going to throw up a few on my bodyspace.

Rolled ankle on 5/20 so only doing bodyweight squats for a while.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Strict limited diet crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140012233
    Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just stopped caring about updating this lulz.
    Deloaded 5 days ending Jun 19.
    Trying semi-5 day split because idgaf anymore
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

Starting a new program, self invented guinea pig 'extremist' program.
    Going to do an extremist workout. So one one end of the spectrum we have super low frequency, 5 day splits, 'bro splits' whatever you want to call them. Once per week on each body part, 5 days a week, usually with 3+ workouts per muscle group, high reps, high sets, high intensity etc.

On the other end we have 3 day FBW M/W/F. Typically this is core compounds with either 3 sets of 8-12 or 5x5 + accessory work.

Well I'm going one step further. Perhaps this has been done before but personally I have not seen it. Closest I have seen is push/pull/push/pull/push/pull/rest which is pretty close to this without the daily and low sets per day.

I'm calling it Maximum Frequency Training.

Training each body part with a low volume of sets, every day, for 6 days. High intensity, going to, or close to failure on each set, but only doing a minimum amount of sets per day.
    Now as I haven't run this, so the amount of sets I do might decrease, I currently have some lifts at 2 sets per day, they may get reduced to 1 I'll have to see with time.

WHY AM I DOING THIS I'm on a long plateau and IDGAF I'm sure I won't lose any gains I have, the worst that can happen is injury, or I keep plateauing. I'm a skinny ******* and I will do as I please, you can try to convince me otherwise but I don't even care. In the past I've had my best gains on super high frequency (did push/pull/legs with no rest days for over a month, made best gains of life before plateauing largely due to low back exhaustion)

So here's what it looks like:

Maximum Frequency Training.

The goal of this training is to train each body part with maximum frequency, while at a moderate-high intensity spaced out over the week.
    It is a 6 day program using 'emphasis' day rotations coupled with repeated daily exercises to keep a constant stimulation of each muscle group in order to see if daily training with low volume and high intensity and frequency can yield results.

Emphasis days:
    These days are rotating core compound lifts to provide time for rest and recovery of specific areas, such as low back and triceps, that would inhibit performance on specific exercises using the same muscle group if done on the same day or on concurrent days.

Day 1 Upper emphasis:
    Bench Press 8-12 reps 2 sets
    Row 8-12 reps 1 set near failure
    Lateral Raise 12-25 reps 2 sets to failure

Day 2 Lower emphasis:
    Deadlift
    Either 8-12 reps one set to near failure
    OR
    3 singles at or near 1rm
    Reverse Bicep Curls 2 sets 8-12 reps

Day 3 Upper emphasis:
    Overhead Press
    5-10 reps 2 sets
    Row
    1 set 8 reps
    Lateral raise
    12-25 reps 2 sets to failure
    Skull Crusher 8-12 reps 2 sets

Day 4 Lower emphasis:
    Squat, any variation
    8-12 sets to failure
    Reverse Bicep Curls 2 sets 8-12 reps

Day 5 Upper emphasis:
    Bench Press 5-8 reps 2 sets
    Row 8-12 reps 1 set near failure
    Lateral Raise 12-25 reps 2 sets to failure

Day 6 Lower emphasis:
    Stiff-leg deadlift or good morning
    8-12 reps 2 sets
    Reverse Bicep Curls 2 sets 8-12 reps.

Day 7 Rest

Daily routine:
    This will be done every day for the entire 6 days of the week, these are muscles with minimal overlap that do not need to be excluded due to use in emphasis work. These are typically quick
    recovering muscles, or muscles that are hard for a typical athlete to exhaust in a single training session without large volumes of work. These are to be performed after your emphasis work in order to have minimal
    impact on your core lifts.

Barbell Bicep Curl
    5-8 reps, 2 sets to near failure

Calf Raises
    10+ reps, 1 set to failure

Shrugs
    10+ reps, 1 set to failure

Abs
    8+ reps, 1 set to failure

Chinups
    8-12 reps, 2 sets to near failure

Rest Times
    30 seconds to 1 minute

Weight Progression
    Adding 5-10 lb.s per week, if you fail to hit previous rep/set of previous workout day two days in a row remove weight added + 10lbs and start over.

Hypothesis:
    1- Constant stimulation of the muscle in low doses will allow for faster recovery and nural adaptation due to being subjected to stimulation on a daily basis. This is closer to a real-world scenario where you have might have to perform strenuous activity once a day every day but logically would not expend all your energy maxing out your muscle in that given day.
    2- Psychological improvement by breaking down the mental barrier that exists causing one to 'pace' oneself on the current set in order to have energy for subsequent sets one can give more to the current set, one MUST give more to the current set, and make it count.
    3- Possible increase of circulation, growth hormone and other biological effects on the system due to daily stimulation.

Possible cons:
    Overtraining of muscles and connective tissue possible.
    High caloric expenditure.
    Overlap of some muscle groups may cause loss of strength on some lifts, this is always a possibility with high frequency programs, however.
    No gains
    Too much gains, look bloated and girls won't like you
    Scrutiny from stalkers that pay too much attention to what you're doing in the gym and see you doing curls every day

If you have any suggestions on alterations of the specific lifts listed or feel there are more that should be included feel free to list them, however the core of the idea will not be altered.

Explanation on specific exercises chosen and why they are on the days they are:
    Day 1 is chest day because everyone loves chest day and you have to start somewhere.

Because it is an emphasis workout and will not be done daily the number of sets is 2, in the future this may increase to 3. In fact the overall chest volume in this workout is not high because day 3 is overhead press day. I feel that OHP is an important enough exercise to deserve a day where it will not be fatigued by heavy use of the triceps on the same or previous day. If you feel differently that's fine, if you actually choose to for some reason be as retarded as me and do this, change it to an extra chest day.

I have rotated the leg and PC exercises in order to spread emphasis to the quads, hams, glutes and low back around. Each one works all of them, but each has different emphasis.

Edit log:
    Added Lateral Raise to days 1 and 6
    Added Rows to day 3
    Day 1:
    Started with light weight high rep, will continue to use roughly same weights throughout week unless I deem them too heavy/too light. Still in early testing run of program.
    DB Bench:
    40 lb x14, x9

Single arm DB Row
    40 lb x15, x15

DB shrug
    40lb x 20

DB Calf Raise
    40lb x 28

Ab wheel 15 reps

Concentration Curl
    15lb x15, x8
    (Hand started cramping? maybe because I've been doing bar so long idk)

lateral raise
    12lb x 24, x19

Thoughts:
    Bringing multiple muscle groups to failure in such a short time period was definitely a shock to the body and endurance. I started off with the goal of 30s rest times but quickly ran out of gas and these are light weights. Maybe it's because of the high volume of repetitions that I fatigued so fast. In the future I should probably increase the rest time between different exercises, while keeping the rest time between sets of the same movement low.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

Definitely a pretty intense shock to the CNS pushing so hard to failure on a set then immediately jumping to another muscle group to do it again, never felt this shaky post workout after so few sets.

Deadlift
    185, 190, 190

Calf Raise
    125lb x 22 (grip failed first, straps next time)

Shrug (straps engaged)
    125 x 18

Curl
    60lb x 8

Reverse Grip Curl
    50lb x 9

Skull Crusher/Barbell overhead extension
    35lb x 10,
    Burnout with 5lb. plate in each hand 10 reps

Bent-leg Dragon Flag

Lateral Raise
    12lb x 27

All sets performed to failure incorporating 'cheating' in final reps.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

Day 3
    DB Bench
    40 x 13, 7

Row
    40 x 20, 15

Shrug
    45x 24

Calf raise
    45x 25

Lateral Raise
    12x 30

Bent-leg dragon flag
    12 (getting straighter which is why reps declined from yesterday)

Curls
    60 x 9

Front raise
    12lb x 12

(Had to skip OHP, developed large abscess in armpit, stretching arms into overhead position is very painful)
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

Day 4
    Front Squat
    60lb x8, x5

DB Shrug
    45 lb. x 33

Calf Raise
    45 lb. x 26

Reverse Curl
    50lb x 10

BB Curl
    50lb x 10

CGBP
    50lb x 20

Bent-leg Dragon Flag

Lateral Raise
    12lb x 25

DB Row
    45 lb x 20

Not doing Day 5 + 6 was very burnt out after these 4 days + had a family party which left me very drained. Will do next week and see if I get gased out on thursday again or can make the full 6 days.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

Back on this week. Decided to do less of the cycling and more every day ****.

July 8
    Day 1
    Bench
    45lb x 9, 9
    Row
    45lbx 12, 12
    Shrug
    45lb x 32
    Calf Raise
    45lb x 38
    Lateral Raise
    12lb x 20
    Abs
    Bent-leg Dragon Flag x13
    Reverse Curl
    50lb x 11
    Regualr curl
    50lb x 10
    Stiff Leg DL
    90lb x 10
    Close Grip Floor Press
    50lb x 8

July 9
    Front Squat
    65lb x 6, 5
    Row
    45lb x 18
    Shrug
    45lb x 32
    Calf raise
    45lb x 30
    Skullcrusher
    50lb x 7, 5
    Curl
    50lb x 10, 6
    Bent leg DF
    x13
    Lateral Raise
    15lb x 12
    Push UP
    BW x 16

Definitely seeing increases in the shrugs, lateral raise and calf raise which are all one set a day lifts. The 2+ set a day seem to be stalled.
    Abs are hard to display because form is a huge part of it, so despite the reps staying about the same my form has been improving, strength is definitely rising.
    Bench may be improving but I'm not 100% on this.

So far I've only added reps to my calf raise and shrug steadily so I should probably increase the weight.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

Took Wed off, so far my response to different parts of the routine seem to be fleshing out how I should adjust pretty clearly.

Looking at 1 set to failure on all movement, MT-TF with wed and weekends for rest.
    Exercises will be done in 8+ rep range moving up in weight when it is possible to get 8 or more reps of the next higher weight done cleanly without cheating.
    For simplicity I will refer to this as the one set max.

I have definitely noticed that striving to do my best on one set breaks down a mental barrier that I automatically have when I know I will have to do 2 or more sets of the exercise, for example when I was rowing 45 for two sets I had maxed at 12 reps.
    The next day I spaced out and pounded out a full 20 reps to failure with the same weight, because I let go of the idea of needing to leave some in the tank for set #2.

Furthermore as I mentioned in my previous post, the lifts I have been doing one set of have seen the greatest increase in reps or strength gained.

So in line with this here is today's workout, and the skeleton for the future of the program thus far:

July 11
    Deadlift
    190lb x 3

DB Bench
    45lb x 11

DB Row
    45lb x 22

Shrug
    110lb x 27

Calf Raise
    110lb x 24 (grip failure) I may do these strapless in the future regardless. Calf strength is fairly unimportant, and size is fairly genetically limited, while it's important to maintain adequate grip strength.

BB Curl
    50lb x 9 (did wide grip, usually do close, might explain premature failure to previous days.)

Skullcrusher
    50lb x 12

Lateral Raise 15lb x 22

Weighted Crunch
    45lb. x 11 (Superset 5 reps of bent leg dragon flags, my triceps truly failed me on this as I could no longer hold the weight up over my chest so I wanted to be sure I finished off my abs)
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

Gonna have to take a while off probs

That right there is a large subcutaneous infection that makes it hard to lower my arm into a fully relaxed position or extend it fully over my head without pain.
    I'll need to see a doctor, they'll have to run me on a 2 week anti-biotic course and if that doesn't work surgery and who knows how long that might prevent me from lifting, I'd rather not get sweat in an open wound.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

It's been a setback.
    The doctor drained the abscess in my right arm pit on the spot.
    The left pit has some kind of infection, possibly of a gland. It was pushing up against a tendon that connects the short head of my bicep to my torso ( my doctor tried to tell me it's not a tendon, anatomy charts don't lie ). This made a tightness through my bicep and forearm when I extended my arm above shoulder height and/or rotated my palm up.

The first bout of antibiotics they put me on had a huge impact on my appetite, made me pretty sick. I kept missing meals. Dropped to 143 at my lowest. Probably a lot of water weight. Was doing measurements, biceps down about a half inch, everything else is about the same. ****ing terrible arm genetics.

Stopped taking it, went back to doc for different medicine.
    On new antibiotics for about 2 weeks, it's improved but not gone away, I have most of the ROM of my arm back.

I'd done a little workout here and there to test my boundaries.

Today I've finally had the energy to go full on.

Back with my training along the lines of my previous 1 set per day to failure, every day.
    Here's my basic plan:
    A Day:
    Front squat
    Bench
    Row
    Shrug
    Curl
    Calf raise
    Dragon Flag

1 set to failure each.

B day:
    Remove bench, replace with flies and lying tricep overhead extensions

C day (also known as wednesday):
    Conditioning day
    Bodyweight speed squats for 1 minute, rest, 3 sets
    Pushups to failure, rest, 3 sets
    Abs as normal

then A + B again, then weekend.

A Day:
    Front Squat
    60lb x 8

DB Bench
    35lb x 16
    (afterwards I saw I misloaded one and had 30 on one hand, oops)
    DB Row
    35lb x 20

Shrug
    45lb x 26

Dumbbell Curl
    15lb x 18

Calf Raise
    BW x 47

Dragon Flag
    BW x 14
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

Long term update:
    The infections I suffered were the result of diet, I haven't pin pointed the cause but after no simple sugar for a few months they were gone and never came back.

I stopped lifting and calorie intake tanked to sub 1200 on a no-sugar-no-dairy diet, I dropped to sub 120 lbs. I wasn't lifting either due to low energy. Fortunately getting cut as **** and finally having the abs I always wanted kept me optimistic.

I started drinking dairy and eating healthy sugars again and I've been slowly gaining, I'm back up to 130, not 150 I fell from but I'm on my way.

I worked on a lot of posture corrective stretching and calisthenics during that time, and fixed my slouch and APT.

I came back to lifting and I front squat more now than I did when I stopped. I learned why my bench was so stalled by doing a lot of pushups which taught me what was wrong with my bench form. I can do about 30 pushups straight, I learned my grip was too wide and high and that's why I had tendinitis.

I'm now doing push/pull monday-tuesday-thursday-friday.
    Basically
    Monday:
    Bench
    Deads
    Tricep isolation work
    Lateral Raise

Tuesday:
    Rows
    Shrugs
    Situps
    Squats
    Curls

I'm eating a diet of mostly seasoned rice and meat now, keeping the simple sugars to a minimum, I drink 1 chocolate milk a day and orange juice. I sometimes have candy but it's not my bulking plan like it was.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.