JBONES9590 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about macronutrients and tracking while bulking

How do people track the macronutrients exactly? It seems insane to actually count the grams and exact calories (I've been just using proteion control and ballparks-- 1 cup of carbs=200 cal, 3oz protein=100, etc) of each thing you're eating so what do you do?
    Do your best and forget the rest.
    - Tony Horton

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First off. Define exactly what a "cup of carbs" is and "3 oz of protein".

Both carbs and protein are both equal to 4 calories per gram, yet your comparing a unit of volume vs a unit of weight.

Also what source of carbohydrate and what source of protein are you referring to? A cup of rice? a cup of oats? 3 oz of eggs? 3oz of chicken?

Its really not that difficult, if I want 60g of carbs, 42g of protein, and 20g fat in a meal. I would consume about 8oz sweet potato, 6oz chicken, and 20g mac nut oil. As an example.

Hope I helped
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins