AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000)

How Often Do You Change Your Fitness Programme?

I change/tweak mine every 10 weeks or so to avoid the dreaded fitness plateau. How about you guys?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I get bored. I don't gain squat nowadays no matter what program I run.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Only if I change goals. I have basically the same layout for hypertrophy goals which only changes when I switch exercises for close variants. Changing a whole routine is far too scattergun for my liking. Remember why you are doing it - to overcome repeated bouts effect - but you only need small changes to do that. or deloading and resetting volume.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've had my fitness derailed for so many reasons, from job loss to family illness to Covid lockdown, injuries, all sorts of reasons. I've had all kinds of reasons in the last few years my progress stalled but never "the dreaded fitness plateau".

If you find a progressive program you enjoy that meets your goals and has some kind of basic periodization, you shouldn't ever hit plateau.

At least not until you're advanced enough to benefit from being overseen/mentored by a coach (I don't mean an average gym PT) but at that point you have a coach to guide you.

Look at a good periodized long term program suitable for your goals.
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Bodyweight 73kg (20/09/2020)

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Define change?

Does changing a lift variation count? In that care every 3-6 weeks
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like to alternate between two full body routines periodically, neither using the same exercises. For example in one session i'll use romanian deadlifts supersetted with lying leg curls for hamstrings, and in the other session i'll use good mornings supersetted with standing leg curls for that area.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndyBendy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Swap between different exercises/variations? Whenever I feel like an exercise is not working for me very well and I'd like to try a variation/substitute for it.

Completely change programs? I've been running a PPL designed by me, while inspiring from other PPLs from great sources, for 6 months now. Still making progress. Dont plan on changing it anytime soon, if not ever. Unless I change my goals from bodybuilding to something else of course.

AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Define change?

Does changing a lift variation count? In that care every 3-6 weeks
    For the sake of avoiding the dreaded fitness plateau, change could mean overhauling a fitness programme completely. It could also changing some of the exercises, the sequence of the lifts, the angles or variations of the lifts, or even the speed of your lifts. As long as you're not doing the same things for weeks on end.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AndyLausmax View Post
    For the sake of avoiding the dreaded fitness plateau, change could mean overhauling a fitness programme completely. It could also changing some of the exercises, the sequence of the lifts, the angles or variations of the lifts, or even the speed of your lifts. As long as you're not doing the same things for weeks on end.
    The "dreaded fitness plateau" doesn't care about you as much as you think. It only takes minor changes here and there to avoid it.