Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zenkada will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People that do fullbody, do you do same workout every other day or you have variations of fullbody workouts?

rtorgerson1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    @Zenkada If you're going to start with full body it would probably be beneficial for you to still have a few variations of days because as he said it begins to become an overwhelming workload fairly early on if you are exercising with any sort of intensity. I would recommend if you want to do full body to have one day in which you focus on deadlifts and other complementary back work for the upper body portion, as well as some bis, and another day in which you perform squats in addition to chest/tris/ and shoulder work. However, as the OP said, I believe if you are trying to build muscle you will decide pretty quickly that it is more beneficial to have multiple splits, segregating the body parts further. I find full body to be an effective way to cut, as it is always fairly strenuous, as well as it gives a nice pump.

Good luck!

LC67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A few years back, I started in the gym with a trainer who had me on 3x (more for fitness than lifting). After a bad gap, I'm back on my own and working hard on the lifting, finding that I'm much more comfortable working on each part individually. I also find that it's motivating me to keep going more often, which is part of why there was that aforementioned gap in the first place.

Originally Posted by pkarmy76 View Post
    Lastly, when you walk out of the gym, ask if you gave it your all.
    Thankfully, I have yet to ask myself this, even as a newbie. Yesterday (arm day), I could barely push the locker room door open. Two days before (legs), I had to use the hand rail to make sure I didn't fall down the stairs coming back to the locker rooms - no way in hell am I gonna wuss out and take the elevator.

Back in my younger days when I swam competitively, if I didn't come back to the change room and throw up, I knew I hadn't pushed hard enough. Now, in the gym, what confuses me is how people end a workout and they're not even sweating. That just seems like a waste of time to me! I know I'm not the strongest guy in the gym (yet) but I have yet to walk out of there without having given absolutely EVERYTHING I had.
    Every time I think I'm gassed, I look at the tattoo on my arm and read those two motivational words - "One More."

Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wilbur101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For me at this point splits seem to be the better option. This morning I did legs. After warming up I did 3 good sets of squats(best set was 350), 2 sets leg press, a set of curls for hamstrings and one for quads, then 3 sets calf raises and 3 seated. After that wasn't a whole lot left in the tank, my legs were baked.

When starting out full body is great and I think people should do it to learn the ropes. When it gets hard to finish and do all the body parts or form gets bad or gets sloppy, to me that's when splits come in handy.

You can get results on both it all comes down to goals and when the appropriate time to use one over the other comes about. In my 20s full body was much more manageable. In my 40s not so much.

I know a lot say that for a Natty full body is the only way to go. Maybe that's true I don't really know but my experience no matter what supplements I took I still had to workout hard, I still had time management concerns, and I still could get burned out if I didn't rest.

There is one workout routine that is the best in the world for everyone. The one that gets them into the gym, keeps them motivated, and the one that they enjoy. If you don't enjoy it change things up to where you do enjoy it. If you are dedicated you'll get results.

ahmedwaleed92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i am aged 26 and started to think about my fitness, although i am overweight ,, what would you suggest me to go for full body workouts or some easy workouts like this article explains healthylife153.wordpress.com/2017/03/10/5-workouts-that-can-help-you-lose-weight/ or cardio in start to lose weight...

Exist3r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The thing about starting with full body as a beginner is most beginners are going to have posture problems as well as being over tight in lower back, hip flexors, and probably have some slight "apt" going on at the least. This all leads to bad form doing the big compound lifts. When you progress fast on full body in the beginning I know you should start light and learn good form, but I personally think it takes much longer to get limber enough to perform these big compound lifts (squats, pendlays) than it does to progress to your max weight x5 reps and by that time your form is probably still going to be suffering due to over tightness and posture and just not having mastered forms yet. When doing these big compounds 3x a week it can lead to injury and pain at this point. This is why I personally think a good bro split type routine is best for beginners. You still should be doing compounds in your routine but with lighter weight (10 rep range) and then doing isolation type exercises and machines to target muscle groups. This way you have a longer period of time to stretch, fix posture, get your form down before doing big compounds 3 days a week like on a full body program. If you feel your form is well enough to handle heavy weight in the 3x5 range on big compounds in a progression that has you lifting relatively heavy within 2 months or so then go for it, however I think jumping into a full body routine for a beginner with multiple big compounds a week and steady progression is usually going to be a recipe for injury in the end. It takes much longer to stretch those hip flexors, lower back, hamstrings, etc. to have good form and posture than it does to get your numbers up. Just my opinion.

heemuhn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys, new to the forums and would really appreciate some advice. Been working out irregularly for a couple of years. Getting back to the gym now, and my trainer said since i'm not regular it makes no sense to do single body parts/splits, rather full body compound movements. This is all with lighter weights than i'd do if i were doing single body parts AND with 45 sec beak in between each. In doing so, he said I'll work out the full body, as well as build muscular endurance/cardio cause of the short break. I've just started and its a nice change from a regular gym workout to a more crossfit/high pace style.

Here's the schedule in this order (with 45 sec to a 1min break in between) : -

Squats (back or front)
    bench (flat or incline)
    Step up
    seated cable rows (lat pulldown/bent over rows)
    deadlift (or hamstring curls)
    overhead press (dumbell or barbell)

After doing completing one rotation, i take around 3-4 mins rest and start again. i aim to do 3-4 rounds overall. Slowly I will start increasing the weights once I get used to it.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. My goal is to get in shape (lose body fat/build muscle) and I'm backing this up with a healthy diet and whey protein.

ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItsJamesthefin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've done every split that is available. PHAT, upper lower, push pull legs, body part split, ect.. so it's only natural that I try full body and see what results I get.

Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wh1teDyn0mite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Currently on a full body workout every other day.

Flat Bench
    Deads
    Squat
    OHP

Lifts go up each week, however i still throw in a few isolation movements per work out.
    What I hope happens is that,
    As soon as I take my last breath, I wake up in my childhood home, walk down the stairs and all my loved ones will be sitting around the table, my dad will pull out a chair and say 'Hello son with have missed you'.
    I would then look down to see all my past pets sitting at my feet and I would tell everyone how much I loved and love them.

valev008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, can anyone recommend some of the more popular 3-day splits? Preferably for strength/hypertophy.