Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    itsnomeanfeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How long should you do full body for when starting out? Is two months enough?

Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SmallArms717 View Post
    Agreed.

Exactly what I did and I am 205lbs now up from 130 ( from 2 years ago ! )

Full Body -> upper/lower 3x a week -> body split each muscle 2x a week

: )

Good post

would rep u if I had rep that was worth a ****

I'm currently doing all upper on tuesdays and all lower body on saturdays.

My hack squat has gone up to 560 lbs from 495 since doing lower just once a week.

I have now gone over 3 months straight with setting a personal record every single saturday in hack squats.

So i'm going with a split.

Naturals like me need more rest though. That's why i'm just doing once a week for all body parts. Even abs now.

mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100) mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100) mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100) mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100) mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100) mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100) mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100) mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100) mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100) mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100) mutazhk is not very well liked. (-100)
    Great Article >> goood

Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yev1506 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are a newbie in the gym - choose full body. It will work for you during the first year. After that, you can try a split program.

danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Full Body Routines vs. Splits

The question often arises, especially from beginners, about what type of routine to use. Your buddy told you to use a full body routine, but the muscle mags suggest a 5-day "bodybuilder" split. You don't want to start off on the wrong foot, but there is so much information out there that sorting through what to do can be difficult.

This is some of my opinion on the subject, and maybe it'll help a few people out.

Full Body Routines:

In my opinion, this is the place for a beginner to start. I have many years of lifting experience, and have pretty much always used some form of bodybuilding split routine. However, if I had it to do over again, I would have begun with a good full-body routine, built around the compound lifts, done 3 times per week. When you are a beginner you don't generally have the muscular strength to work intensely enough, or with enough volume, to require as much recovery time as someone who is stronger or more experienced. If you are a young beginner, on top of that, you have very good recovery abilities due to high hormone levels. So, because you are recovered relatively quickly after each workout, you want to stimulate each muscle group more often to induce strength and growth.

Another reason to start with a full body program is that this gives you the opportunity to learn and practice the basic lifts: squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, etc. Whether your goal is bodybuilding, strength athlete, sports, or just remaining fit, these really ought to form the basis of any routine. No matter what path you choose to "branch out" on later, these core lifts will serve you well.

2-Day Split Routines:

So the next question becomes: when should I think about split routines? In very simple terms, the answer is: when full body routines become too much. Usually, as you get stronger, it becomes very difficult to maintain enough energy to do squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc. all on the same day. You may also find that you want to add in a few isolation exercises to bring up your weak areas, or you may want to begin focusing more on each core lift. Another issue is recovery; as you get stronger, you are able to work out more intensely, and that means longer recovery times. So at that point, it makes sense to "split" things up by only doing a part of your previous full routine on any given day.

A logical place to make your first split is into an Upper / Lower type routine. This will have you doing your upper body work like bench press, rows, overhead pressing on 1 day, and your lower body work like squats on another day. Another way to go would be a "push/pull" type split where you do all your pulling exercises (rows, deads) on one day and your pushing exercises (squats, overhead press, bench) on another day. Exactly how you do it is up to you, but the point is to divide the workload per session. This will give you more time (and volume) per body part, and also give you a bit more recovery before you work that muscle again. Most people will typically cycle through a 2-day split like these twice per week. So instead of every muscle being stimulated 3 times per week with the full body, now it's twice per week with the 2-day split.

3+ Day Splits:

3, 4, 5 (or more!) day splits come in when you again feel the need to divide your workload to match your recovery abilities, or increase the amount of work you want to do on specific muscles or lifts. Generally, these type of splits are mostly bodybuilding related, but even strength athletes may chose to split so they can work on speed lifts one day, strength work another, etc.

At this point (speaking to bodybuilding) many lifters will only hit each muscle group once per week. This has the advantage of letting you really hammer a muscle group with a lot of weight and volume, and then give it plenty of time to recover while you're bringing the pain to the next group. Your full body effort is broken down into segments that are manageable from a workload, energy, and recovery standpoint.

If you are an "experienced" (older) lifter with decreased recovery abilities (we all ain't as young as we used to be), this type of split often is useful for staying healthy due to the increased recovery time per body part. The kids might not think it's important, but your tendons might.

There are so many variations of splits that I won't even attempt to detail all the possibilities. If you follow the advice in this post, by the time you need a multiple day split, you'll know your body, your goals, and have a pretty good idea of what you want to do.

Final Thoughts:

I believe it's a logical notion to start with a full body routine, and begin splitting only when you feel the need to increase your recovery or increase your volume. If you stick with the concept that you're trying to hit a muscle as often as you are able while still recovering adequately, and let that be your guide, you'll do okay.

Hopefully, this gives some food for thought to help you decide what type of routine you should use. Ultimately, however, it's worth saying that you can do fine with any well-designed program even if you begin with a split routine right from the beginning.

Repost from my thread in the Exercises Section...it's more applicable here.
    Hello, I am health advisor. but these time my body not fit because I don't know for excise. please you suggest me some tips and excise.

Fitnesspizza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by danielpatrik View Post
    Hello, I am health advisor. but these time my body not fit because I don't know for excise. please you suggest me some tips and excise.
    There is a lot of great information and answers through-out this forum on exactly this my friend. Even in this thread, lots of different routines. The key is to pick something, adjust the weight for your level and to constantly add weight, and or reps, and or shorten the time between sets in order to force change and produce more results.

Can someone inform me how to get a block signature for quotes and such like some of the other members? Thank you

--

lifereviewsco.wordpress.com

danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100) danielpatrik is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Fitnesspizza View Post
    There is a lot of great information and answers through-out this forum on exactly this my friend. Even in this thread, lots of different routines. The key is to pick something, adjust the weight for your level and to constantly add weight, and or reps, and or shorten the time between sets in order to force change and produce more results.

Can someone inform me how to get a block signature for quotes and such like some of the other members? Thank you

--

lifereviewsco.wordpress.com
    Thanks for the information and I try your information. but I read zevon last 1 week. I do exercise to mention zovon. Zovon gives good information for weight loss.

rickyjohn007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question regarding Progressive overloading

Hi,
    I've been lifting for an year. Following Alpro's fullbody routine. Now planning to switch to push/pull. I would like to know how do you guys add weight while in any push/pull routine. Do you start with the maximum you can lift and then add a couple of kilos in the next week and so on? It doesn't work for me as I'm stalled(Example:-bench 70kg for about a month). Do I need to reduce the wight (to 60kg or so) and again start over from there, Adding a couple of kilos each week? I'm 38 years old, height- 5' 7", Weight-65kg. Having a caloric surplus diet.
    Last edited by rickyjohn007; 07-02-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Mitchstorm17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How exactly should I organize my full body routine? When I do it, I do it with a series of body parts. On one day, I do chest, abs, and legs. On the second day, I do arms and back. The reps are as follows
    chest: 30 jumping jacks, 16 incline pushups, 12 knee push ups, 10 wide arm push ups, 12 incline pushups, 12 box pushups, 10 wide arm pushups, 10 hindu pushups, 20 sec, cobra stretch, and 20 sec chest stretch.
    abs: 20 jumping jacks, 16 abdominal crunches, 20 russian twist, 16 mountain climber, 20 heel touch, 16 leg raises, 30 sec cobra stretch, 20 sec plank, 12 more crunches, 32 russian twist, 12 mountain climber, 30 sec spine lumbar twist stretch left, 20 heel touch, 14 leg raises, 30 sec plank, 30 sec spine lumbar twist stretch right
    legs: 30 sec side hop, 12 squats, 12 squats, 12 side lying leg lift left , 12 side lying leg lift right, repeat side lying leg lifts in same order and reps, 14 backward lunge 2 sets, 15 donkey kicks left, 15 right, repeat, 30 sec left quad stretch with wall, 30 sec right quad stretch with wall, 30 sec knee to chest stretch left, then right, 12 wall calf raises, repeat, 12 sumo squat calf raises with wall, repeat, end with calf stretches.
    Next day, I do back and arms
    arms: 30 sec arm raises, 30 sec side arm raises, 10 triceps dips, 30 sec tricep stretch left, 30 sec clockwise arm circles, then 30 sec counter clockwise arm circles, 6 diamond pushups, 30 jumping jacks, 30 sec tricep stretch right, 15 chest press pulse, 8 leg barbell curl left, 10 diagonal plank, 8 leg barbell curl right, 30 second punches, 10 pushups, 8 inchworms, 12 wall pushups, 30 sec standing biceps stretch left, then right
    back:30 jumping jacks, 16 sec arm raises, 14 rhomboid pulls, 16 sec side arm raises, 14 knee push ups, 30 sec side-lying floor stretch left, then right, 30 sec arm scissors, 12 rhomboid pulls, 14 sec side arm raise, 12 knee pushups, 30 sec cat-cow pose, 14 prone triceps pushups, 12 reclined rhomboid squeezes, repeat these two one more time, 30 sec child's pose.
    Is this a good set up for my workouts for the best results?

ads1485 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think a full body routine is far more beneficial than a regime which targets muscle groups in isolation, because when you engage in full body workouts, the muscles work together and develop in sync, thereby complementing each other. Besides this, a lot of full body workouts also give the stablizer muscles a solid work over, which is not usually the case in isolated workouts.

Thanks for posting!

Snickers85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hello

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and had some questions on weight lifting. I've been at it for a little over a year now and have seen some results but not what I'm really looking for. As far as my workout routine I've been doing the standard Monday through Friday "Abs/Legs,arms,back,chest and shoulders" throughout the week and Saturday/Sunday off.

I'm wondering if only hitting one body part a day is hurting or helping or if I move up to doing all of them twice a week would help or not.

As far as supplements, I'm taking Creatine, Amino's and Protein

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Foreverandaday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I am relatively new to lifting and have completely missed the boat with all this and wish I knew this information when I started. I work in a gym (administrative side) that allows me easy access to lift 5 days a week, and without knowing anything about anything I googled exercises to do, and split my routines up between the following:

day1 chest/back
    day2 shoulder/forearm
    day3 biceps/triceps
    day4 legs

I don't have a routine per say of when I put my rest days, I just kind of work whatever I feel that day. I will mix abs/cardio in when I can based on time as I really only have an hour to do it in. Anyways I have been doing all isolation exercises pretty much. Typical day is mixed from Supersets and/or drop sets but it's all isolation exercises. I'm about 5'10" and 210 with something like 25% body fat (measured before I started). I have been lifting since May pretty religiously. The weird thing is I haven't lost any weight at all, but I can tell I have lost a lot of inches and I'm not sure why no weight is coming off. I am pretty happy with what it's done for me though, I feel great and it's pretty amazing how different my clothes fit.

Anyways I want to learn the compound exercises and start basing my workouts around them since I didn't know they were more beneficial. If I incorporate 1 or 2 compound exercises to my days above, how many isolation exercises would be good? Can you do too much isolation exercises? I don't want to give up my isolation exercises completely. Can anyone advise with this? i would be really appreciative.

blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50) blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50) blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50) blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50) blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50) blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50) blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50) blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50) blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50) blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50) blademontane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've switched to Fullbody 3x a week cause I have way less time than I used to. Did my first session yesterday of Squat, Bench, BB Row. All 3x5, with 2x5 of warmup sets first. I'll be doing Squat/Bench/Row on Workout 1, then Squat/OHP/Deadlift workout 2. The Deadlift will be 4x5 warmup sets, focusing heavily on form, with 1x5 working set.

The weights for squatting will be heavy on Workout 1, and Moderate on Workout 2, and I'll be attempting to add weight on a weekly basis at first, until I stall. I'm doing this as I just came off a harsh cut, 11kg in 40 days, I've been maintaining since then, and am now focusing on rebuilding lost strength and muscle. 1rms for Squat/Bench/Deadlift/OHP in kg down from 180-160/140-125/80-65/210-190.

I used to go 6 days a week on various routines, cause I loved lifting, but with as little time as I have now, I have to lower the frequency.

It's nostalgic running this routine. Might try out Pendlay Row instead of regular Barbell Row.
    "Wennschon Dennschon"

Bodybuilder/Powerlifter.

Pawleyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many people in here seem to know what they are talking about so I was looking for a little advice on a 3-day full body workout. I made a thread around a week ago looking for some advice on what I should do, I've been going to the gym around 2 years now and i explained that from day one ive always done a 4 day split, which decreased overtime as now i only have time to go to the gym no more than 4 times a week, and most people said thats not enough for my muscles, they will recover too quickly and that means that i wont be hitting them for another few days after recovery. Therefore many have suggested using the full body split, and one person in particualr said i should try Fierce 5, i am happy to try this as i dont have all the time in the world now, as i have school, a job, and a girlfriend now so its hard to fit everything in. So i was wondering with Fierce 5 am i going to be able to put on muscle? i dont just want go gain strength, my main goal is to get bigger. Also another worry of mine was that there isnt many arm exercises within Fierce 5 and therefore wondered if my arms would get bigger along with everything else? My arms are quite sizeable and one of my strong points and i want them to grow as well as everything else, i dont want to see them get smaller. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Pawleyy View Post
    Many people in here seem to know what they are talking about so I was looking for a little advice on a 3-day full body workout. I made a thread around a week ago looking for some advice on what I should do, I've been going to the gym around 2 years now and i explained that from day one ive always done a 4 day split, which decreased overtime as now i only have time to go to the gym no more than 4 times a week, and most people said thats not enough for my muscles, they will recover too quickly and that means that i wont be hitting them for another few days after recovery. Therefore many have suggested using the full body split, and one person in particualr said i should try Fierce 5, i am happy to try this as i dont have all the time in the world now, as i have school, a job, and a girlfriend now so its hard to fit everything in. So i was wondering with Fierce 5 am i going to be able to put on muscle? i dont just want go gain strength, my main goal is to get bigger. Also another worry of mine was that there isnt many arm exercises within Fierce 5 and therefore wondered if my arms would get bigger along with everything else? My arms are quite sizeable and one of my strong points and i want them to grow as well as everything else, i dont want to see them get smaller. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Go back and reread this thread. You got LOTS of good advice: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=176138811

Now, if you want to add in 2 sets of arms at the end of each Fierce 5 workout, have at it, but it's not necessary.

jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great post, lots of information.

Thanks for sharing.

tdiddy16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hi There!

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Full Body Routines vs. Splits

The question often arises, especially from beginners, about what type of routine to use. Your buddy told you to use a full body routine, but the muscle mags suggest a 5-day "bodybuilder" split. You don't want to start off on the wrong foot, but there is so much information out there that sorting through what to do can be difficult.

This is some of my opinion on the subject, and maybe it'll help a few people out.

Full Body Routines:

In my opinion, this is the place for a beginner to start. I have many years of lifting experience, and have pretty much always used some form of bodybuilding split routine. However, if I had it to do over again, I would have begun with a good full-body routine, built around the compound lifts, done 3 times per week. When you are a beginner you don't generally have the muscular strength to work intensely enough, or with enough volume, to require as much recovery time as someone who is stronger or more experienced. If you are a young beginner, on top of that, you have very good recovery abilities due to high hormone levels. So, because you are recovered relatively quickly after each workout, you want to stimulate each muscle group more often to induce strength and growth.

Another reason to start with a full body program is that this gives you the opportunity to learn and practice the basic lifts: squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, etc. Whether your goal is bodybuilding, strength athlete, sports, or just remaining fit, these really ought to form the basis of any routine. No matter what path you choose to "branch out" on later, these core lifts will serve you well.

2-Day Split Routines:

So the next question becomes: when should I think about split routines? In very simple terms, the answer is: when full body routines become too much. Usually, as you get stronger, it becomes very difficult to maintain enough energy to do squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc. all on the same day. You may also find that you want to add in a few isolation exercises to bring up your weak areas, or you may want to begin focusing more on each core lift. Another issue is recovery; as you get stronger, you are able to work out more intensely, and that means longer recovery times. So at that point, it makes sense to "split" things up by only doing a part of your previous full routine on any given day.

A logical place to make your first split is into an Upper / Lower type routine. This will have you doing your upper body work like bench press, rows, overhead pressing on 1 day, and your lower body work like squats on another day. Another way to go would be a "push/pull" type split where you do all your pulling exercises (rows, deads) on one day and your pushing exercises (squats, overhead press, bench) on another day. Exactly how you do it is up to you, but the point is to divide the workload per session. This will give you more time (and volume) per body part, and also give you a bit more recovery before you work that muscle again. Most people will typically cycle through a 2-day split like these twice per week. So instead of every muscle being stimulated 3 times per week with the full body, now it's twice per week with the 2-day split.

3+ Day Splits:

3, 4, 5 (or more!) day splits come in when you again feel the need to divide your workload to match your recovery abilities, or increase the amount of work you want to do on specific muscles or lifts. Generally, these type of splits are mostly bodybuilding related, but even strength athletes may chose to split so they can work on speed lifts one day, strength work another, etc.

At this point (speaking to bodybuilding) many lifters will only hit each muscle group once per week. This has the advantage of letting you really hammer a muscle group with a lot of weight and volume, and then give it plenty of time to recover while you're bringing the pain to the next group. Your full body effort is broken down into segments that are manageable from a workload, energy, and recovery standpoint.

If you are an "experienced" (older) lifter with decreased recovery abilities (we all ain't as young as we used to be), this type of split often is useful for staying healthy due to the increased recovery time per body part. The kids might not think it's important, but your tendons might.

There are so many variations of splits that I won't even attempt to detail all the possibilities. If you follow the advice in this post, by the time you need a multiple day split, you'll know your body, your goals, and have a pretty good idea of what you want to do.

Final Thoughts:

I believe it's a logical notion to start with a full body routine, and begin splitting only when you feel the need to increase your recovery or increase your volume. If you stick with the concept that you're trying to hit a muscle as often as you are able while still recovering adequately, and let that be your guide, you'll do okay.

Hopefully, this gives some food for thought to help you decide what type of routine you should use. Ultimately, however, it's worth saying that you can do fine with any well-designed program even if you begin with a split routine right from the beginning.

Repost from my thread in the Exercises Section...it's more applicable here.
    Hi all, i am a 21 year old trying to figure out the best way for me to build muscle! I already do the split days or lifting but i never do a full body lift unless i feel the need to really work everwhere. Do you guys think that splitting the upper and lower body days even more would be beneficial?

Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Starting with full body is a good idea but I think for beginners who haven’t done much, it is important that they start with full body - body weight lifts, then slowly increase on weight just for safety reasons and not getting injured. Split workouts are also a great way to stay in shape and I do think it depends on the person and their preference. Everyone chooses different routes for workouts and different types of movements, I personally like split workouts because you can prolong them for more days. Where full body you have to be careful you’re not going to overuse muscle groups.

kakecity43 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Molljomac View Post
    Starting with full body is a good idea but I think for beginners who haven’t done much, it is important that they start with full body - body weight lifts, then slowly increase on weight just for safety reasons and not getting injured. Split workouts are also a great way to stay in shape and I do think it depends on the person and their preference. Everyone chooses different routes for workouts and different types of movements, I personally like split workouts because you can prolong them for more days. Where full body you have to be careful you’re not going to overuse muscle groups.
    I completely agree with this post! it is very important to understand the safety standpoints of lifting! Start off slow to get your muscle endurance and body prepared before going into heavier weight lifting techniques!

MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100) MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100) MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100) MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100) MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100) MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100) MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100) MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100) MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100) MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100) MarySimon4321 is not very well liked. (-100)

Swimming is the answer

Hi,there, the best between the two is a full body exercise, and there is one full body that will target every muscle in the body and that is swimming. Swimming is a great exercise for targeting the abs, the thighs, the calves and the upper torso muscles. It can be quiet expensive to install your own private swimming pool, but it is worth it. Swimming is also a cardio and a strength exercise which means that it will help you build both strength and endurance. one of my cousins bought a swimming pool from a company called Esperanzamas. Good luck.

Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000) Molljomac is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by MarySimon4321 View Post
    Hi,there, the best between the two is a full body exercise, and there is one full body that will target every muscle in the body and that is swimming. Swimming is a great exercise for targeting the abs, the thighs, the calves and the upper torso muscles. It can be quiet expensive to install your own private swimming pool, but it is worth it. Swimming is also a cardio and a strength exercise which means that it will help you build both strength and endurance. one of my cousins bought a swimming pool from a company called Esperanzamas. Good luck.

Hi Mary!

I agree with you that swimming is a great workout, especially for cardiovascular reasons. But I don't completely agree on "swimming is the answer." For some people, they have to lift actual weight in order to shed pounds, other people have to run intervals or jog to get the results they want from cardiovascular endurance. An example being, a heavier set person may have to sweat out calories while walking or jogging on a treadmill followed by either a full body - body weight circuit or a lift or sorts in order to get the proper results where a smaller person might not need as much calorie burn off so swimming could be a good way to boost their cardiovascular endurance in a way different than running and lifting. Don't get me wrong, I do think that swimming is a great workout and should be added into most workout regimens, I just don't think it is for everyone and I also think that other training should be added on top of it.

Registered User FeelGreat4Life1's Avatar
    FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100) FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100) FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100) FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100) FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100) FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100) FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100) FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100) FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100) FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100) FeelGreat4Life1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I agree with VoxExMachina when it comes to starting out. You need to be clear about what your goals are. Bulking up? Losing weight? Getting lean? Training for a specific sport? All are different and require specific types of training.

As a beginner, once you have a goal in mind, I would recommend choosing exercises that work the bigger compound muscle groups such as squats, bench press, lat pulldowns and deadlift. And then later down the road, look into muscle specific exercises if you want to build a certain kind of physique. Also as a beginner, you'll want to focus on proper form, not only to prevent injury but also make sure you're getting the most out of each exercise.

KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMShep is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When I started I focused on isolation movements, which set me up for failure as I would often neglect the big lifts. Now I am trying to build them up.

busybeeexperts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have personally seen my best gains splitting but everyone is different.
    Roxy
    Busy Bee Fitness Experts
    Personal Trainer in Toronto

christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100) christianng5 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I do three day split routines

Nutricula is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    can anyone suggest best 5-6 day split ? what 2-3 bodypart can i work together and what after what ? something like triceps and chest or chest and back , biceps and shoulders or shoulders and triceps etc

stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevegates18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I prefer full body, as i go to the gym only 3 times per week

nme2nv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Got any advice? I got to lose 100 pounds I’ve never done it with weightlifting.

bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am 41, i started eating better and working out 3 months ago. I dropped 60lbs. I want to start a new full body workout routine. I am a beginner. Like i said 3 months ago i started a 5 day routine and been doing that ever since. (u can find my workout program under my username if your curious, im not allowed to post links here yet, since i havnt been here too long)

I would love to have a solid 3x a week full body program focused on compound resistance exercises, and give it a try. I dont feel "overworked" from my current program. But i think focusing on the core exercises might be best for a beginner like me. I have def made gains doing my current program, especially losing weight which is my main goal.

My problem is I dont know how to put together a proper 3x a week program. How long I should be working out. how many sets and reps to do, and what exercises in which order, and what days to do what and when. i started 3 months ago at 331lbs, and i am currently 270lbs. A friend recommended changing my program to a 3x a week full body program and that i would probably see better results and working out less then i currently am. I personally dont mind woring out 5x a week like i have been doing. So hopefully someone in the community can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

oh btw, my current gym doesnt have free weights, i have been getting by with using the smith machine on my bench presses, squats, rows and shoulder presses

bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bsdesign0000 View Post
    I am 41, i started eating better and working out 3 months ago. I dropped 60lbs. I want to start a new full body workout routine. I am a beginner. Like i said 3 months ago i started a 5 day routine and been doing that ever since. (u can find my workout program under my username if your curious, im not allowed to post links here yet, since i havnt been here too long)

I would love to have a solid 3x a week full body program focused on compound resistance exercises, and give it a try. I dont feel "overworked" from my current program. But i think focusing on the core exercises might be best for a beginner like me. I have def made gains doing my current program, especially losing weight which is my main goal.

My problem is I dont know how to put together a proper 3x a week program. How long I should be working out. how many sets and reps to do, and what exercises in which order, and what days to do what and when. i started 3 months ago at 331lbs, and i am currently 270lbs. A friend recommended changing my program to a 3x a week full body program and that i would probably see better results and working out less then i currently am. I personally dont mind woring out 5x a week like i have been doing. So hopefully someone in the community can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

oh btw, my current gym doesnt have free weights, i have been getting by with using the smith machine on my bench presses, squats, rows and shoulder presses
    So i created a new full body workout routine with a friend of mine. Here is what i will be doing:

its 3x a week, about 80min workout or so. Mondays I will be doing all my exercises at 8 reps (calf raises at 12). Wednesdays will be doing 9 reps (calf raises 16). Friday will be doing 10 resp (calf raises 20).
    Each week I will be adding about 10% of weight to the exercises. On my rest days I will be doing 30mins (or more) of cardio, plus ab workouts. Here is the routine (I dont have free weights at my gym so i will be using the smith machine):

Elliptical - 10mins (warmup)
    Squats - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Bench Press - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Bent Over Rows - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Seated Overhead Shoulder Press - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Stiff Legged Deadlift - 3 sets
    Calf Raise - 3 sets
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets
    EZ-Bar Skullcrushers - 3 sets
    Elliptical - 5mins (cooldown)