Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
    amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Because many people who utilize splits have no real idea why they are doing so. They just picked up a magazine and started with whatever program looked "cool".
    Yes, I agree.

amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100) amadzsaturn is not very well liked. (-100)
    According to Pamela Reif, What makes this "BEGINNER FRIENDLY"?
    1. I used BASIC movements, that are not super complicated or hard
    2. the movements REPEAT, giving you a chance to get used to them
    3. a couple of BREAKS. The sequences are only between 2 and 4 minutes long.
    4. includes warm-up exercises
    5. includes a cool-down sequence in the end <3

Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsteelesr79 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have utilized many workout splits over the years, 2,3,4,5 not many 6 day splits for me.

Splits are crucial to allow for recovery.
    Free Muscle Growth Plans

https://musclegrowthplan.com/

Rick Steele Sr

itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100) itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100) itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100) itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100) itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100) itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100) itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100) itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100) itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100) itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100) itqanplus is not very well liked. (-100)
    Your perspective on full body routines vs. split routines is quite insightful and well-structured. Starting with a full body routine for beginners, emphasizing compound lifts and muscle group frequency, does indeed provide a solid foundation. As individuals progress and their recovery abilities change, transitioning to split routines can establishing-a-company-in-*****-for-gulf-nationals Establishing a company in ***** for Gulf nationals</a> be beneficial for managing workload and focusing on specific muscle groups.

Your breakdown of 2-day splits and 3+ day splits highlights the evolution of training needs, whether for bodybuilding or strength-focused goals. The consideration of recovery and matching workload to one's abilities is a key takeaway. Ultimately, your advice to listen to your body, monitor recovery, and tailor your routine accordingly is valuable for designing an effective and sustainable workout regimen.

mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For beginners and those aiming for efficient overall strength, go with a full-body routine. It works multiple muscle groups in each session, laying a solid foundation. If you want to focus on specific muscles or bodybuilding later on, switch to a split routine.

fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Full Body Routines vs. Splits

The question often arises, especially from beginners, about what type of routine to use. Your buddy told you to use a full body routine, but the muscle mags suggest a 5-day "bodybuilder" split. You don't want to start off on the wrong foot, but there is so much information out there that sorting through what to do can be difficult.

This is some of my opinion on the subject, and maybe it'll help a few people out.

Full Body Routines:

In my opinion, this is the place for a beginner to start. I have many years of lifting experience, and have pretty much always used some form of bodybuilding split routine. However, if I had it to do over again, I would have begun with a good full-body routine, built around the compound lifts, done 3 times per week. When you are a beginner you don't generally have the muscular strength to work intensely enough, or with enough volume, to require as much recovery time as someone who is stronger or more experienced. If you are a young beginner, on top of that, you have very good recovery abilities due to high hormone levels. So, because you are recovered relatively quickly after each workout, you want to stimulate each muscle group more often to induce strength and growth.

Another reason to start with a full body program is that this gives you the opportunity to learn and practice the basic lifts: squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, etc. Whether your goal is bodybuilding, strength athlete, sports, or just remaining fit, these really ought to form the basis of any routine. No matter what path you choose to "branch out" on later, these core lifts will serve you well.

2-Day Split Routines:

So the next question becomes: when should I think about split routines? In very simple terms, the answer is: when full body routines become too much. Usually, as you get stronger, it becomes very difficult to maintain enough energy to do squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc. all on the same day. You may also find that you want to add in a few isolation exercises to bring up your weak areas, or you may want to begin focusing more on each core lift. Another issue is recovery; as you get stronger, you are able to work out more intensely, and that means longer recovery times. So at that point, it makes sense to "split" things up by only doing a part of your previous full routine on any given day.

A logical place to make your first split is into an Upper / Lower type routine. This will have you doing your upper body work like bench press, rows, overhead pressing on 1 day, and your lower body work like squats on another day. Another way to go would be a "push/pull" type split where you do all your pulling exercises (rows, deads) on one day and your pushing exercises (squats, overhead press, bench) on another day. Exactly how you do it is up to you, but the point is to divide the workload per session. This will give you more time (and volume) per body part, and also give you a bit more recovery before you work that muscle again. Most people will typically cycle through a 2-day split like these twice per week. So instead of every muscle being stimulated 3 times per week with the full body, now it's twice per week with the 2-day split.

3+ Day Splits:

3, 4, 5 (or more!) day splits come in when you again feel the need to divide your workload to match your recovery abilities, or increase the amount of work you want to do on specific muscles or lifts. Generally, these type of splits are mostly bodybuilding related, but even strength athletes may chose to split so they can work on speed lifts one day, strength work another, etc.

At this point (speaking to bodybuilding) many lifters will only hit each muscle group once per week. This has the advantage of letting you really hammer a muscle group with a lot of weight and volume, and then give it plenty of time to recover while you're bringing the pain to the next group. Your full body effort is broken down into segments that are manageable from a workload, energy, and recovery standpoint.

If you are an "experienced" (older) lifter with decreased recovery abilities (we all ain't as young as we used to be), this type of split often is useful for staying healthy due to the increased recovery time per body part. The kids might not think it's important, but your tendons might.

There are so many variations of splits that I won't even attempt to detail all the possibilities. If you follow the advice in this post, by the time you need a multiple day split, you'll know your body, your goals, and have a pretty good idea of what you want to do.

Final Thoughts:

I believe it's a logical notion to start with a full body routine, and begin splitting only when you feel the need to increase your recovery or increase your volume. If you stick with the concept that you're trying to hit a muscle as often as you are able while still recovering adequately, and let that be your guide, you'll do okay.

Hopefully, this gives some food for thought to help you decide what type of routine you should use. Ultimately, however, it's worth saying that you can do fine with any well-designed program even if you begin with a split routine right from the beginning.

Repost from my thread in the Exercises Section...it's more applicable here.
    The gym program that me and my wife is currently attending does try to change things up for us every session. At first I thought it was meant to make it interesting, so as not to bore us down with the same routine.

But after reading your article, I realize it's not. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised that the gym instructor have the splits routine for better recovery of muscles taken into consideration.

I remember doing the leg presses for one session. And thereafter, my upper thigh sore for days. But when the next session comes, we didn't do leg presses. We did some other muscles indeed. My thigh muscles were allowed to recover.

Now I appreciate the benefit of the split routines more.

Thanks for the explanation.
    Last edited by fit40strong; 09-01-2023 at 07:17 AM. Reason: for better wording
    Cheers to health and fitness!

My blog: https://fit40strong.blogspot.com/ 🤸‍♀💪

anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100) anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100) anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100) anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100) anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100) anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100) anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100) anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100) anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100) anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100) anabolicjohn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by amadzsaturn View Post
    Yes, I agree.
    I used to just get programmes from magazines but I found they weren't that good. I found hyperficient.org to really help me work out in a way that aligns with the science

divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100) divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100) divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100) divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100) divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100) divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100) divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100) divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100) divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100) divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100) divyansh1947 is not very well liked. (-100)
    This a very common question which is usually arise from the beginners side. Both routines are helpful in different types of muscle building. so you can do it according to your goal or preference. But i prefer to do 1 muscle a day.

Registered User williamsmith312's Avatar
    williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100) williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100) williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100) williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100) williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100) williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100) williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100) williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100) williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100) williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100) williamsmith312 is not very well liked. (-100)
    [QUOTE=SuffolkPunch;785804663]Nice.

If people read stickies, we should sticky it. But we all know what happens to sticky threads...
    Full body

Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Full Body.

Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100)
    [QUOTE=williamsmith312;1690359183]
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Nice.

If people read stickies, we should sticky it. But we all know what happens to sticky threads...
    Full body
    yes right.

kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimnancy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Full Body Routines vs. Splits

The question often arises, especially from beginners, about what type of routine to use. Your buddy told you to use a full body routine, but the muscle mags suggest a 5-day "bodybuilder" split. You don't want to start off on the wrong foot, but there is so much information out there that sorting through what to do can be difficult.

This is some of my opinion on the subject, and maybe it'll help a few people out.

Full Body Routines:

In my opinion, this is the place for a beginner to start. I have many years of lifting experience, and have pretty much always used some form of bodybuilding split routine. However, if I had it to do over again, I would have begun with a good full-body routine, built around the compound lifts, done 3 times per week. When you are a beginner you don't generally have the muscular strength to work intensely enough, or with enough volume, to require as much recovery time as someone who is stronger or more experienced. If you are a young beginner, on top of that, you have very good recovery abilities due to high hormone levels. So, because you are recovered relatively quickly after each workout, you want to stimulate each muscle group more often to induce strength and growth.

Another reason to start with a full body program is that this gives you the opportunity to learn and practice the basic lifts: squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, etc. Whether your goal is bodybuilding, strength athlete, sports, or just remaining fit, these really ought to form the basis of any routine. No matter what path you choose to "branch out" on later, these core lifts will serve you well.

2-Day Split Routines:

So the next question becomes: when should I think about split routines? In very simple terms, the answer is: when full body routines become too much. Usually, as you get stronger, it becomes very difficult to maintain enough energy to do squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc. all on the same day. You may also find that you want to add in a few isolation exercises to bring up your weak areas, or you may want to begin focusing more on each core lift. Another issue is recovery; as you get stronger, you are able to work out more intensely, and that means longer recovery times. So at that point, it makes sense to "split" things up by only doing a part of your previous full routine on any given day.

A logical place to make your first split is into an Upper / Lower type routine. This will have you doing your upper body work like bench press, rows, overhead pressing on 1 day, and your lower body work like squats on another day. Another way to go would be a "push/pull" type split where you do all your pulling exercises (rows, deads) on one day and your pushing exercises (squats, overhead press, bench) on another day. Exactly how you do it is up to you, but the point is to divide the workload per session. This will give you more time (and volume) per body part, and also give you a bit more recovery before you work that muscle again. Most people will typically cycle through a 2-day split like these twice per week. So instead of every muscle being stimulated 3 times per week with the full body, now it's twice per week with the 2-day split.

3+ Day Splits:

3, 4, 5 (or more!) day splits come in when you again feel the need to divide your workload to match your recovery abilities, or increase the amount of work you want to do on specific muscles or lifts. Generally, these type of splits are mostly bodybuilding related, but even strength athletes may chose to split so they can work on speed lifts one day, strength work another, etc.

At this point (speaking to bodybuilding) many lifters will only hit each muscle group once per week. This has the advantage of letting you really hammer a muscle group with a lot of weight and volume, and then give it plenty of time to recover while you're bringing the pain to the next group. Your full body effort is broken down into segments that are manageable from a workload, energy, and recovery standpoint.

If you are an "experienced" (older) lifter with decreased recovery abilities (we all ain't as young as we used to be), this type of split often is useful for staying healthy due to the increased recovery time per body part. The kids might not think it's important, but your tendons might.

There are so many variations of splits that I won't even attempt to detail all the possibilities. If you follow the advice in this post, by the time you need a multiple day split, you'll know your body, your goals, and have a pretty good idea of what you want to do.

Final Thoughts:

I believe it's a logical notion to start with a full body routine, and begin splitting only when you feel the need to increase your recovery or increase your volume. If you stick with the concept that you're trying to hit a muscle as often as you are able while still recovering adequately, and let that be your guide, you'll do okay.

Hopefully, this gives some food for thought to help you decide what type of routine you should use. Ultimately, however, it's worth saying that you can do fine with any well-designed program even if you begin with a split routine right from the beginning.

Repost from my thread in the Exercises Section...it's more applicable here.
    Beginners benefit from full-body routines, emphasizing compound lifts thrice weekly for rapid recovery and muscle growth. As strength advances, explore split routines like Upper/Lower or Push/Pull to optimize energy and recovery. Advanced lifters might adopt 3+ day splits for specific muscle targeting, adapting to individual recovery capacities and objectives. Prioritize recovery, attune to your body, and select a routine tailored to your needs and experience.

vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vanya1054 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think at the initial stage of training you can choose a program for the whole body, and then switch to a split.