Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did SS for 2 years when I started getting serious with weights again 6 years ago. I saw great results with a full body routine 3-4 days a week.

I’m back years later after falling out of the gym for a while, and I keep getting stronger with my full body routine.

Would recommend full body (with maybe a few isolation exercises for weak points) until you’re entering intermediate training levels.
    Single life again
    808 crew
    5’11” tall Asian crew

Started weights again Nov 2020
    2/21 PR: S 315 B 275 D 425 @206
    3/14/21: PR 405x3 conventional
    Chasing 500 deadlift

Diet crew
    3/1/21-206 going for 190 @ 8% by June 1
    3/14/21-205
    4/15/21-201 finally losing weight after shifting to 1500-1800 cal/day

Sober since March 1

incompatible has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Was going to make a thread but thought I'd ask in here first - unsure if against rules.
    Gyms back open in UK this week...So deciding what to choose.
    Settled on Full Body as what I've done in the past and what I was running last time I went.

Opinion on this routine that I found online, cant link due to lack of posts:
    Full Body Workout 1
    Bench Press 3 sets x 5-8 reps
    Lat Pulldown 3 sets x 10-15 reps
    Squat 3 sets x 5-8 reps
    Leg Curl 3 sets x 10-15 reps
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2 sets x 5-8 reps
    Incline Curl 2 sets x 10-15 reps
    Triceps Pressdown 2 sets x 10-15 reps

Full Body Workout 2
    Incline Dumbbell Press 3 sets x 10-15 reps
    Seated Cable Row 3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Leg Press 3 sets x 10-15 reps
    Romanian Deadlift 3 sets x 10-15 reps
    Lateral Raise 2 sets x 15-20 reps
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl 2 sets x 10-15 reps
    Overhead Triceps Extension 2 sets x 10-15 reps

Full Body Workout 3
    Cable Crossover 3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Dumbbell Row 3 sets x 5-8 reps
    Leg Extension 3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Leg Curl 3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Bent Over Lateral Raise 2 sets x 10-15 reps
    Preacher Curl 2 sets x 10-15 reps
    Lying Triceps Extension 2 sets x 10-15 reps
    Against something like Fierce 5, I've ran that quite a while ago.
    I was running the one above for a few weeks before they closed again, I did enjoy the variety.

But just wondering if Fierce 5 Novice would be better to start with?
    Consider me a beginner I've never made solid enough progress to say otherwise lol
    Last edited by incompatible; 04-12-2021 at 01:52 PM.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by incompatible View Post
    Was going to make a thread but thought I'd ask in here first - unsure if against rules.
    Gyms back open in UK this week...So deciding what to choose.
    Settled on Full Body as what I've done in the past and what I was running last time I went.

Opinion on this routine that I found online, cant link due to lack of posts:

Against something like Fierce 5, I've ran that quite a while ago.
    I was running the one above for a few weeks before they closed again, I did enjoy the variety.

But just wondering if Fierce 5 Novice would be better to start with?
    Looks fine..
    Most novice or comeback routines are just flavour anyway.

Get to it. Just make sure youre aim is to progress.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

incompatible has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks anyone else got any thoughts compared to just rolling with Fierce 5 novice for a few months?

Either way Im ready to make gains regardless.

808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) 808Handyman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some would say it’s too much. I say if you can recover from that many exercises per session and progress every week, go for it. It looks good to me.
    Single life again
    808 crew
    5’11” tall Asian crew

Started weights again Nov 2020
    2/21 PR: S 315 B 275 D 425 @206
    3/14/21: PR 405x3 conventional
    Chasing 500 deadlift

Diet crew
    3/1/21-206 going for 190 @ 8% by June 1
    3/14/21-205
    4/15/21-201 finally losing weight after shifting to 1500-1800 cal/day

Sober since March 1

joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Maybe the tortoise has a winning strategy?

You beat up a muscle. It recovers bigger and better. The harder you beat it the more time it takes to recover.

The purpose of "split routines" is to give you more time to beat up a muscle and the needed time for it to recover.

I'm old. Age limits me. You can give me more time but I can only beat up a muscle just so much and the extra recovery time is just wasted. Too much time and hypertrophy flips to atrophy.

So I think a "Full Body" routine is best for old farts like me. Tear everything down a little. I may do less but I do it more often.
    Last edited by joewattie; 12-28-2021 at 03:56 AM.
    joe Henry

elyshh is not very well liked. (-100) elyshh is not very well liked. (-100) elyshh is not very well liked. (-100) elyshh is not very well liked. (-100) elyshh is not very well liked. (-100) elyshh is not very well liked. (-100) elyshh is not very well liked. (-100) elyshh is not very well liked. (-100) elyshh is not very well liked. (-100) elyshh is not very well liked. (-100) elyshh is not very well liked. (-100)
    There are many people who are not true bodybuilders. Most people simply wish to get more fit or maybe even get a better body. The bodies of bodybuilders, who make up a very small percentage of the general population, are the result of years of rigorous training, dieting, and supplementation.

However, the majority of people don't train only for competition. Most people desire to be attractive, healthy, and confident in themselves. And because of this, I think a full-body workout is the greatest option.
    Here’s why:

Full-body routines are more efficient.

Split routines are beneficial for bodybuilders because they allow the individual to train each muscle group with more intensity. However, for the average person, a full-body routine is more efficient.

You see, when you train each muscle group once per week, you are only able to stimulate that muscle group once per week. This means that the muscle is only being “turned on” once per week, and is only growing during that one session.

Now, compare this to a full-body routine, where you are stimulating each muscle group 3 times per week. This means that the muscle is being “turned on” 3 times per week, and is growing 3 times per week.

In other words, you are able to stimulate muscle growth 3 times more often with a full-body routine than you are with a split routine.

Full-body routines are more conducive to fat loss.

Another benefit of full-body routines is that they are more conducive to fat loss. When you train each muscle group 3 times per week, you are able to keep your metabolism elevated for a longer period of time.

This is because each muscle group takes several days to recover from a workout. So, if you train your chest on Monday, your chest will still be recovering on Wednesday when you train it again.

This means that you are burning more calories not only during your workout, but also for the next few days afterwards.

Full-body routines are less likely to lead to overtraining.

Overtraining is a common problem with split routines. This is because when you train each muscle group once per week, you are putting a lot of stress on that muscle group.

If you don’t allow the muscle group to fully recover before you train it again, you will quickly reach a point where you are no longer making progress.

On the other hand, full-body routines are less likely to lead to overtraining because you are not putting as much stress on each muscle group.

This is why full-body routines are often recommended for beginners.

Full-body routines are more versatile.

Another benefit of full-body routines is that they are more versatile. This is because you can change the exercises, sets, reps, and weight much more easily with a full-body routine than you can with a split routine.

This is important because your body will quickly adapt to any exercise routine that you do. So, if you want to continue making progress, you need to constantly change your routine.

Full-body routines are easier to stick to.

Finally, full-body routines are easier to stick to than split routines. This is because you only have to go to the gym 3 times per week, as opposed to 4-5 times per week with a split routine.

This is important because the more time you have to spend in the gym, the more likely you are to get burnt out and quit.

So, which is better? Full-body routines or split routines?

The answer is that it depends on your goals. If you are a beginner, or if you just want to improve your fitness level, then a full-body routine is the way to go.

On the other hand, if you are an experienced bodybuilder who is looking to put on some serious muscle mass, then a split routine may be a better option.

Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I like this because hardly anyone talks about splits. I suppose thats because most people really are just beginning and aren't ready for body split routine. Otherwise they can be really useful depending on your goals and recovery needs.

Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000) Lymnenews5e2q is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I don't care what body type you have. If you do one of the training routines from the pre-steroid era, (30's,40's,early 50's), You're going to get big plain and simple.fishing equipment in uae That's because they new the golden rule. Lift heavy ass weight!
    Last edited by Lymnenews5e2q; 10-21-2022 at 01:46 AM.

GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100)
    I think the full body training is an excellent option for beginners!

UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Full Body Routines vs. Splits

The question often arises, especially from beginners, about what type of routine to use. Your buddy told you to use a full body routine, but the muscle mags suggest a 5-day "bodybuilder" split. You don't want to start off on the wrong foot, but there is so much information out there that sorting through what to do can be difficult.

This is some of my opinion on the subject, and maybe it'll help a few people out.

Full Body Routines:

In my opinion, this is the place for a beginner to start. I have many years of lifting experience, and have pretty much always used some form of bodybuilding split routine. However, if I had it to do over again, I would have begun with a good full-body routine, built around the compound lifts, done 3 times per week. When you are a beginner you don't generally have the muscular strength to work intensely enough, or with enough volume, to require as much recovery time as someone who is stronger or more experienced. If you are a young beginner, on top of that, you have very good recovery abilities due to high hormone levels. So, because you are recovered relatively quickly after each workout, you want to stimulate each muscle group more often to induce strength and growth.

Another reason to start with a full body program is that this gives you the opportunity to learn and practice the basic lifts: squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, etc. Whether your goal is bodybuilding, strength athlete, sports, or just remaining fit, these really ought to form the basis of any routine. No matter what path you choose to "branch out" on later, these core lifts will serve you well.

2-Day Split Routines:

So the next question becomes: when should I think about split routines? In very simple terms, the answer is: when full body routines become too much. Usually, as you get stronger, it becomes very difficult to maintain enough energy to do squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc. all on the same day. You may also find that you want to add in a few isolation exercises to bring up your weak areas, or you may want to begin focusing more on each core lift. Another issue is recovery; as you get stronger, you are able to work out more intensely, and that means longer recovery times. So at that point, it makes sense to "split" things up by only doing a part of your previous full routine on any given day.

A logical place to make your first split is into an Upper / Lower type routine. This will have you doing your upper body work like bench press, rows, overhead pressing on 1 day, and your lower body work like squats on another day. Another way to go would be a "push/pull" type split where you do all your pulling exercises (rows, deads) on one day and your pushing exercises (squats, overhead press, bench) on another day. Exactly how you do it is up to you, but the point is to divide the workload per session. This will give you more time (and volume) per body part, and also give you a bit more recovery before you work that muscle again. Most people will typically cycle through a 2-day split like these twice per week. So instead of every muscle being stimulated 3 times per week with the full body, now it's twice per week with the 2-day split.

3+ Day Splits:

3, 4, 5 (or more!) day splits come in when you again feel the need to divide your workload to match your recovery abilities, or increase the amount of work you want to do on specific muscles or lifts. Generally, these type of splits are mostly bodybuilding related, but even strength athletes may chose to split so they can work on speed lifts one day, strength work another, etc.

At this point (speaking to bodybuilding) many lifters will only hit each muscle group once per week. This has the advantage of letting you really hammer a muscle group with a lot of weight and volume, and then give it plenty of time to recover while you're bringing the pain to the next group. Your full body effort is broken down into segments that are manageable from a workload, energy, and recovery standpoint.

If you are an "experienced" (older) lifter with decreased recovery abilities (we all ain't as young as we used to be), this type of split often is useful for staying healthy due to the increased recovery time per body part. The kids might not think it's important, but your tendons might.

There are so many variations of splits that I won't even attempt to detail all the possibilities. If you follow the advice in this post, by the time you need a multiple day split, you'll know your body, your goals, and have a pretty good idea of what you want to do.

Final Thoughts:

I believe it's a logical notion to start with a full body routine, and begin splitting only when you feel the need to increase your recovery or increase your volume. If you stick with the concept that you're trying to hit a muscle as often as you are able while still recovering adequately, and let that be your guide, you'll do okay.

Hopefully, this gives some food for thought to help you decide what type of routine you should use. Ultimately, however, it's worth saying that you can do fine with any well-designed program even if you begin with a split routine right from the beginning.

Repost from my thread in the Exercises Section...it's more applicable here.
    full body

UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500) UtkelbaevR is not very helpful. (-500)
    betteer

Originally Posted by 808Handyman View Post
    I did SS for 2 years when I started getting serious with weights again 6 years ago. I saw great results with a full body routine 3-4 days a week.

I’m back years later after falling out of the gym for a while, and I keep getting stronger with my full body routine.

Would recommend full body (with maybe a few isolation exercises for weak points) until you’re entering intermediate training levels.
    heello

Originally Posted by GinaPitterson View Post
    I think the full body training is an excellent option for beginners!
    i m agree also

Originally Posted by incompatible View Post
    Thanks anyone else got any thoughts compared to just rolling with Fierce 5 novice for a few months?

Either way Im ready to make gains regardless.
    yes bro

Originally Posted by Lymnenews5e2q View Post
    I like this because hardly anyone talks about splits. I suppose thats because most people really are just beginning and aren't ready for body split routine. Otherwise they can be really useful depending on your goals and recovery needs.
    yes

i m agree

Originally Posted by Lymnenews5e2q View Post
    i m agree

Originally Posted by UtkelbaevR View Post
    full body
    yes

Originally Posted by UtkelbaevR View Post
    i m agree
    good

Originally Posted by dhochoy View Post
    I stick to a full body routine even though it might not be the best option on a regular basis based on experience.
    yess

Originally Posted by skyy38 View Post
    WHERE is your forearms, calves and ABS? These three are the most STUBBORN to develop, and therefore, need the HARDEST WORK!
    You need to OVERLOAD them ALL THE TIME!

Biceps should go with Triceps.....

Chest plus Back!

And ABS every third day!
    yes

Originally Posted by dhochoy View Post
    I stick to a full body routine even though it might not be the best option on a regular basis based on experience.
    i m agree bro

FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I think at the initial stage it is better to train the whole body, and then switch to a split program.

girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) girlscurls is not very well liked. (-100)
    There are many different approaches to structuring an exercise routine, and the best one for you will depend on your goals, fitness level, and individual needs.

A full body routine, as the name suggests, is a workout that involves training all major muscle groups in a single session. This type of routine is typically performed two or three times per week and can be a good option for beginners or those who are looking to maintain a general level of fitness. Full body routines can be effective for building strength and improving overall muscle balance, as they allow you to train all muscle groups evenly.

On the other hand, a 5-day "bodybuilder" split routine involves training different muscle groups on different days of the week. For example, you might train your chest and triceps on Monday, your legs on Tuesday, your back and biceps on Wednesday, and so on. This type of routine is often used by bodybuilders and other athletes who are looking to maximize muscle growth and development in specific areas. A 5-day split routine can be more demanding and may require more time and commitment than a full body routine.

Ultimately, the best routine for you will depend on your goals and your individual needs. It can be helpful to experiment with different approaches and see what works best for you. It is also important to remember that consistency and progression are key to making progress in your fitness journey, no matter what type of routine you choose.

Aldeezy87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is Full Body 3x a week mainly used for beginners or do experienced lifters use it too? In workout routines like Fierce 5 etc, it's always labeled as a Novice routine and nothing else.

hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassanizhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agree, Because many people who utilize splits have no real idea why they are doing so

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hassanizhar View Post
    Agree, Because many people who utilize splits have no real idea why they are doing so
    Pretty much. Splits are used to better manage your energy. Ie start with a full body routine until you can’t complete the workouts anymore. How many people actually get that strong? Those who do just switch to an upper lower to solve the issue. The average gym goer has no clue and probably just follows what ever non sense the pros are doing.

ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisOom is not very well liked. (-100)
    hey all, I consider myself to be new to the gym still. Been going for several months

i've pretty much done 1 muscle group per day, ex: monday: Bicep/Triceps, wednesday: shoulders, friday: legs, sunday: chest, etc.

and what I do is 3/4 exercises a day and at least 5 sets of 10 reps per exercise.

im willing to adjust the routine though, whatever helps with better results

rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100) rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100) rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100) rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100) rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100) rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100) rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100) rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100) rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100) rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100) rlondonsarah5 is not very well liked. (-100)
    thansk for share