Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Reply
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 612
  1. #121
    This Space for Rent RockCrab's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
    Age: 45
    Posts: 1,302
    Rep Power: 2718
    RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    RockCrab is offline
    Originally Posted by dylanmcauley33 View Post
    Someone who said what I've been thinking all along.
    I'm on a 4 day split, and this is how I enjoy training most. It focuses on a compound lift each day.

    People on here act as if you wont make progress unless you do ss or something.
    Originally Posted by dylanmcauley33 View Post
    And until now I was doing other stuff besides lifting. Making it difficult to gain weight

    my stats don't change the fact that you'll make progress on any decent routine

    tbh most big guys started on a split, and the way people on here preach things like ss there's not a lot of stories of guys with hypertrophy goals succeeding
    Originally Posted by SkydogGinsberg View Post
    Okay, if you say so. You decided to forego the other stuff and focus solely on lifting 4 months ago in January.

    Since then, you've been looking for new splits in Jan, Feb, Mar, April.

    And you still weigh 125lbs ... not a single pound of progress in any of those months.

    Are you sure you're in the right thread?
    Someone who clearly needs SS or SOMETHING with more frequent progression . . . AND a 3 hour tour through the nutrition forum.

    Oh, and check out the journal section for all of the lack of success for people with hypertrophy goals starting on SS.
    Ego victum poena. Victoria per vires.

    Promoting an environment of candid feedback and tough love.

    Rating 5-star Threads 'Terrible' since 2010.
    Surprisingly, I find myself posting in 4-star threads quite often . . .

    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152174093&p=1032001033&posted=1#post1032001033
    Reply With Quote

  2. #122
    Registered User dylanmcauley33's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 23
    Posts: 760
    Rep Power: 100
    dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dylanmcauley33 is offline
    Originally Posted by SkydogGinsberg View Post
    Okay, if you say so. You decided to forego the other stuff and focus solely on lifting 4 months ago in January.

    Since then, you've been looking for new splits in Jan, Feb, Mar, April.

    And you still weigh 125lbs ... not a single pound of progress in any of those months.

    Are you sure you're in the right thread?
    I got one actually.
    my lifts have gone up substantially.
    not gained weight due to diet. which is due to things I'd rather not go into on an internet forum
    Current Lifts

    Squat 5x5 85kg
    Bench 5x5 60kg
    Deadlift 1x5 102.5kg
    Reply With Quote

  3. #123
    Mod Squad VoxExMachina's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Posts: 22,209
    Rep Power: 1890994
    VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    VoxExMachina is offline
    Originally Posted by Griffin220x View Post
    Inb4 Sticky. Great post as usual Vox!
    This one's been around for over a year. Just gets an occasional bump here and there.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #124
    Registered User dylanmcauley33's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 23
    Posts: 760
    Rep Power: 100
    dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dylanmcauley33 is offline
    Originally Posted by RockCrab View Post
    Someone who clearly needs SS or SOMETHING with more frequent progression . . . AND a 3 hour tour through the nutrition forum.

    Oh, and check out the journal section for all of the lack of success for people with hypertrophy goals starting on SS.
    I can't find any. Am I missing something ?
    I would do something with more frequency, but I hate the idea of just 3 workouts a week.
    Current Lifts

    Squat 5x5 85kg
    Bench 5x5 60kg
    Deadlift 1x5 102.5kg
    Reply With Quote

  5. #125
    Banned SkydogGinsberg's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 3,348
    Rep Power: 0
    SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    SkydogGinsberg is offline
    Originally Posted by dylanmcauley33 View Post
    my lifts have gone up substantially.
    not gained weight due to diet. which is due to things I'd rather not go into on an internet forum
    Your lifts are going up for the time being, likely to neural adaptation improvements. Going from relatively little, infrequent lifting --> to gaining some recent consistency will increase any skinny kid's bench press for a little while. That's bound to stall out on your current 1/x frequency routine.

    Your hypertrophy goals are for naught if you're not gonna eat properly for it -- so it's a moot point for you to bring up.

    Change your frequency, change your food habit. Or make new threads month after month searching for the "perfect split" @ 125lbs.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #126
    Registered User dylanmcauley33's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 23
    Posts: 760
    Rep Power: 100
    dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dylanmcauley33 is offline
    Originally Posted by SkydogGinsberg View Post
    Your lifts are going up for the time being, likely to neural adaptation improvements. Going from relatively little, infrequent lifting --> to gaining some recent consistency will increase any skinny kid's bench press for a little while. That's bound to stall out on your current 1/x frequency routine. Your hypertrophy goals are for naught if you're not gonna eat properly for it -- so it's a moot point for you to bring up. Change your frequency, change your food habit. Or make new threads month after month searching for the "perfect split" @ 125lbs.
    Why don't you post something productive that would point me in the right direction according to you instead of trying to look big on the net.
    if I train on a split, and eat in a surplus I'll grow?
    Current Lifts

    Squat 5x5 85kg
    Bench 5x5 60kg
    Deadlift 1x5 102.5kg
    Reply With Quote

  7. #127
    Banned SkydogGinsberg's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 3,348
    Rep Power: 0
    SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    SkydogGinsberg is offline
    Originally Posted by dylanmcauley33 View Post
    Why don't you post something productive that would point me in the right direction according to you instead of trying to look big on the net.
    if I train on a split, and eat in a surplus I'll grow?
    The amount of productive advice you receive every month in your "new routine" threads would fill the rest of thread. One of this forum's most patient and helpful mods, WT, has taken much effort to help you, too. Even he had to give you the "good luck with your training goals" dismissal last month. So there's not much more I could add for "right directions". You're just one big 125lb ball of no-progress argument. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Good luck with your 2016 training goals, bro'.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #128
    Registered User dylanmcauley33's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 23
    Posts: 760
    Rep Power: 100
    dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dylanmcauley33 is offline
    Originally Posted by SkydogGinsberg View Post
    The amount of productive advice you receive every month in your "new routine" threads would fill the rest of thread. One of this forum's most patient and helpful mods, WT, has taken much effort to help you, too. Even he had to give you the "good luck with your training goals" dismissal last month. So there's not much more I could add for "right directions". You're just one big 125lb ball of no-progress argument. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Good luck with your 2016 training goals, bro'.
    I'd love to do something with more frequency, but I'd hate just doing 3 days a week, what's wrong with that?
    I love spending more time and days in the gym.
    I dunno who to believe, someone who is a competitive bodybuilder who gave me my routine, or this site.
    you all say it is better etc. But I want to see some results from others running the routine I'm going to dedicate myself too. And I see plenty of people who've seen results on splits.
    Current Lifts

    Squat 5x5 85kg
    Bench 5x5 60kg
    Deadlift 1x5 102.5kg
    Reply With Quote

  9. #129
    pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 39,293
    Rep Power: 1142855
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    Beware of taking advice from advanced lifters. They clearly know how to train themselves but don't necessarily make good coaches or understand the needs of a novice. The use of 'supplements' also change their training somewhat and despite what he might tell you, anyone who is a serious competetive bodybuilder IS probably using such 'supplements', even if competing in a tested federation.

    Having said that I do agree in that you should be able to take the structure and workload of a novice program and spread it across more days if that is what you prefer... but the essence of it should not be changed.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #130
    Registered User dylanmcauley33's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 23
    Posts: 760
    Rep Power: 100
    dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dylanmcauley33 is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Beware of taking advice from advanced lifters. They clearly know how to train themselves but don't necessarily make good coaches or understand the needs of a novice. The use of 'supplements' also change their training somewhat and despite what he might tell you, anyone who is a serious competetive bodybuilder IS probably using such 'supplements', even if competing in a tested federation.

    Having said that I do agree in that you should be able to take the structure and workload of a novice program and spread it across more days if that is what you prefer... but the essence of it should not be changed.
    Thanks mate, you were on my thread a while back. I'm just confused I just want to train a lot!

    what do you mean by the second part?
    Current Lifts

    Squat 5x5 85kg
    Bench 5x5 60kg
    Deadlift 1x5 102.5kg
    Reply With Quote

  11. #131
    pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 39,293
    Rep Power: 1142855
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    Originally Posted by dylanmcauley33 View Post

    what do you mean by the second part?
    You should be able (for example) to take a day from a very demanding full body workout such as JasonDBs 5x5 and split it into two days as long as you keep the total number of sets/reps the same then it makes little or no difference.

    For example, move the bench press and rows to the following day. You just have to be aware that you will be using your triceps 6 days a week if you do this. It might lead to connective tissue problems so you could change the way it's split periodically or just split one or two of the days to make a 4 or 5 day routine instead of 6.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #132
    Registered User dylanmcauley33's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 23
    Posts: 760
    Rep Power: 100
    dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dylanmcauley33 is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You should be able (for example) to take a day from a very demanding full body workout such as JasonDBs 5x5 and split it into two days as long as you keep the total number of sets/reps the same then it makes little or no difference.

    For example, move the bench press and rows to the following day. You just have to be aware that you will be using your triceps 6 days a week if you do this. It might lead to connective tissue problems so you could change the way it's split periodically or just split one or two of the days to make a 4 or 5 day routine instead of 6.
    so does that mean effectively making the workouts shorter? Or do you mean taking the main lifts, eg bench and row, and adding them into different days with more exercises?
    Current Lifts

    Squat 5x5 85kg
    Bench 5x5 60kg
    Deadlift 1x5 102.5kg
    Reply With Quote

  13. #133
    pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 39,293
    Rep Power: 1142855
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    Yes, it makes the workout shorter. No, you should not add more volume or it changes the balance of the program, probably not for the better.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #134
    Registered User dylanmcauley33's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 23
    Posts: 760
    Rep Power: 100
    dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dylanmcauley33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dylanmcauley33 is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yes, it makes the workout shorter. No, you should not add more volume or it changes the balance of the program, probably not for the better.
    Thanks mate, I PM'd you.
    Current Lifts

    Squat 5x5 85kg
    Bench 5x5 60kg
    Deadlift 1x5 102.5kg
    Reply With Quote

  15. #135
    Die Schokolade! Griffin220x's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 48
    Rep Power: 0
    Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griffin220x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Griffin220x is offline
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    This one's been around for over a year. Just gets an occasional bump here and there.
    I know, I've read this thread before. As of late I decided to make an account and I noticed this on the first page.
    1 Timothy 4:8 ESV For while bodily training is of some value, Godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #136
    This Space for Rent RockCrab's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
    Age: 45
    Posts: 1,302
    Rep Power: 2718
    RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    RockCrab is offline
    Monthly bump.
    Ego victum poena. Victoria per vires.

    Promoting an environment of candid feedback and tough love.

    Rating 5-star Threads 'Terrible' since 2010.
    Surprisingly, I find myself posting in 4-star threads quite often . . .

    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152174093&p=1032001033&posted=1#post1032001033
    Reply With Quote

  17. #137
    Registered User DRG7001's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Location: United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 38
    Rep Power: 0
    DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRG7001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DRG7001 is offline
    I read through a bit of this thread but I am still unsure if I should change up my routine. I have been lifting on and off for a little over a year. I have always done a 3-5 day split routine as well. Thought, I have made some considerable gains in strength when it comes to my chest and tri's, I havent noticed much anywhere else. I went from flat benching about 225lbs 1RM to around 360lbs 1RM for example.

    - My deadlifts and squats however are probably about the same as they were a couple months ago. Im not positive though since I havent reallyt ried to add weight. I've jsut been trying to perfect my form on those lifts. However I dont feel any stronger in those areas.

    -I have been doing a 5 day split the past 2 months now and its pretty high volume. I am usually in the gym for 2 hours and my split looks like this.

    5 weeks of this:
    -Mon: chest
    -Tuesday: tris/shoulders
    -Wed: legs/ab
    -Thurs: back
    -Friday: bi's/ab
    -Saturday: light chest/tris


    Then the next 5 weeks of this:
    -Mon: Chest/Back
    -Tuesday: rest
    -Wed: legs/abbs
    -Thurs: rest
    -Friday: Tris/shoulders/bis


    Now, my question is this... Would it benefit me more to go to a full body or 2 day split with upper/lower? I'm at work atm so let me know if you need more information! Thanks
    Reply With Quote

  18. #138
    Banned SkydogGinsberg's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 3,348
    Rep Power: 0
    SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    SkydogGinsberg is offline
    Wanna buy a flower?
    Reply With Quote

  19. #139
    Registered User roanphil's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Age: 23
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    roanphil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    roanphil is offline

    need help

    Hey guys.im 19 and have been working out for 4 months now.
    I am currently using the following split
    Mon - back as primary and biceps as 2ndry
    Tues- chest 1ry and triceps 2ndry
    Wed- legs
    Thur-shoulders and abs
    fri- biceps and back
    Sat-triceps and chest
    I do around 5 exercises of 3 sets and 13 reps for a primary body part and 3 exercises for a secondary one.
    I supplement with whey,creatine,fish oil and multivitamin.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Reply With Quote

  20. #140
    Mod Squad VoxExMachina's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Posts: 22,209
    Rep Power: 1890994
    VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    VoxExMachina is offline
    Originally Posted by roanphil View Post
    Hey guys.im 19 and have been working out for 4 months now.
    I am currently using the following split
    Mon - back as primary and biceps as 2ndry
    Tues- chest 1ry and triceps 2ndry
    Wed- legs
    Thur-shoulders and abs
    fri- biceps and back
    Sat-triceps and chest
    I do around 5 exercises of 3 sets and 13 reps for a primary body part and 3 exercises for a secondary one.
    I supplement with whey,creatine,fish oil and multivitamin.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Do you have a question?

    Did you even read the first post?
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.
    Reply With Quote

  21. #141
    Banned smallboy2012's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Posts: 146
    Rep Power: 0
    smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) smallboy2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    smallboy2012 is offline
    Full body

    A - squat, bench press, rows, bicep curl
    B - DL, ohp, chinup, dips

    ABA BAB

    is it ok?
    Reply With Quote

  22. #142
    Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Posts: 3,636
    Rep Power: 940
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Determinednoob is offline
    zomg finally stickied
    The floundering has ended.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #143
    Mod Squad VoxExMachina's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Posts: 22,209
    Rep Power: 1890994
    VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    VoxExMachina is offline
    Originally Posted by smallboy2012 View Post
    Full body

    A - squat, bench press, rows, bicep curl
    B - DL, ohp, chinup, dips

    ABA BAB

    is it ok?
    Yes, it's fine.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.
    Reply With Quote

  24. #144
    This Space for Rent RockCrab's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
    Age: 45
    Posts: 1,302
    Rep Power: 2718
    RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RockCrab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    RockCrab is offline
    I nearly posted a monthly bump two days ago . . .

    Obvious sticky is obvious.
    Ego victum poena. Victoria per vires.

    Promoting an environment of candid feedback and tough love.

    Rating 5-star Threads 'Terrible' since 2010.
    Surprisingly, I find myself posting in 4-star threads quite often . . .

    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152174093&p=1032001033&posted=1#post1032001033
    Reply With Quote

  25. #145
    Registered User hardenheavy's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Age: 32
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hardenheavy is offline
    I run and I lift. I mostly run short to medium distances (5-10km) and the purpose of the weight training is to complement the running and a general increase of fitness (and decrease in body fat %)

    Here's my program. What do you think?
    Monday - Running
    Tuesday - Full body
    Wednesday - Running
    Thursday - Running
    Friday - Full body
    Saturday - Running
    Sunday - Rest day

    I mainly alternate between two full body workouts both taking about 60 minutes + warm-up and stretch
    1.
    Bent-over row w/ dumbbells or Seated row
    Push-ups or Flat bench press
    Squats
    Military press
    Biceps curl
    Calf raise
    Triceps extension
    Kettlebell or Dumbbell swing
    Plank up-downs (or other form of plank exercise)

    2.
    Bodyweight pull-ups or Lat pull-downs
    Incline bench press or Decline push-ups
    Deadlift
    Lateral shoulder fly
    Biceps curl
    Calf raise
    Triceps extension
    Kettlebell or dumbbell swing
    Oblique V-up (or other oblique ab exercise)
    An idea gets you started, motivation keeps you going, discipline gets you "there"...
    Reply With Quote

  26. #146
    Mod Squad VoxExMachina's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Posts: 22,209
    Rep Power: 1890994
    VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    VoxExMachina is offline
    Originally Posted by hardenheavy View Post
    I run and I lift. I mostly run short to medium distances (5-10km) and the purpose of the weight training is to complement the running and a general increase of fitness (and decrease in body fat %)

    Here's my program. What do you think?
    Monday - Running
    Tuesday - Full body
    Wednesday - Running
    Thursday - Running
    Friday - Full body
    Saturday - Running
    Sunday - Rest day

    I mainly alternate between two full body workouts both taking about 60 minutes + warm-up and stretch
    1.
    Bent-over row w/ dumbbells or Seated row
    Push-ups or Flat bench press
    Squats
    Military press
    Biceps curl
    Calf raise
    Triceps extension
    Kettlebell or Dumbbell swing
    Plank up-downs (or other form of plank exercise)

    2.
    Bodyweight pull-ups or Lat pull-downs
    Incline bench press or Decline push-ups
    Deadlift
    Lateral shoulder fly
    Biceps curl
    Calf raise
    Triceps extension
    Kettlebell or dumbbell swing
    Oblique V-up (or other oblique ab exercise)
    If it's working for you, and meeting your goals, then that's all that matters.

    However, I'd try to lift 3x per week instead of just 2. If you don't feel you have the recovery on some of the "big" lifts, then do those 2x a week and save the supplementary isolation lifts for the third day. Also, I know you're running, but I'd try to hit legs better on your second day. Deadlifts are not a leg exercise, so you basically are only working calves that day.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.
    Reply With Quote

  27. #147
    Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Posts: 3,636
    Rep Power: 940
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Determinednoob is offline
    So when would a 3 day body part split fit into this from a bodybuilding (not strength training) perspective? If we think of the progression being 3 day full body to 4 day upper\lower and then wanting to add volume again, it seems like that would leave you with really long workouts if you dropped from 4 days to 3. It seems like the next thing to do would either be 5 day bp split or 6 day p\p\l\p\p\l\rest
    The floundering has ended.
    Reply With Quote

  28. #148
    Mod Squad VoxExMachina's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Posts: 22,209
    Rep Power: 1890994
    VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    VoxExMachina is offline
    Originally Posted by Determinednoob View Post
    So when would a 3 day body part split fit into this from a bodybuilding (not strength training) perspective? If we think of the progression being 3 day full body to 4 day upper\lower and then wanting to add volume again, it seems like that would leave you with really long workouts if you dropped from 4 days to 3. It seems like the next thing to do would either be 5 day bp split or 6 day p\p\l\p\p\l\rest
    You can't so much think in terms of # of days as in total volume. Even if you go from an upper/lower done 2x each per week (4 days) to a 3-day body part split, your volume can go UP. That said, the natural progression isn't necessarily to 3 days. More likely, it would be a 4-day split.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.
    Reply With Quote

  29. #149
    Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: United States
    Posts: 3,636
    Rep Power: 940
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Determinednoob is offline
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    You can't so much think in terms of # of days as in total volume. Even if you go from an upper/lower done 2x each per week (4 days) to a 3-day body part split, your volume can go UP. That said, the natural progression isn't necessarily to 3 days. More likely, it would be a 4-day split.
    Yeah it just seems like upping volume but dropping a day would make for some long ass workouts. If someone is cool with that then more power to them
    The floundering has ended.
    Reply With Quote

  30. #150
    Registered User Extrnoa's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Age: 19
    Posts: 269
    Rep Power: 76
    Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extrnoa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Extrnoa is offline
    Ive made very good progress doing 3 day split
    Reply With Quote

Similar Threads

  1. Tips on selecting a workout program
    By AlexiosD in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 11:04 AM
  2. Lori's Muscle Building Adventure!!!
    By gobbles23 in forum Journaling
    Replies: 10004
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 12:12 PM
  3. Full Body Vs. Split
    By tomc12365 in forum Exercises
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 08:23 AM
  4. full body vs split
    By RaisedFist in forum Over Age 35
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 05:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts