Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am 41, i started eating better and working out 3 months ago. I dropped 60lbs. I want to start a new full body workout routine. I am a beginner. Like i said 3 months ago i started a 5 day routine and been doing that ever since. (u can find my workout program under my username if your curious, im not allowed to post links here yet, since i havnt been here too long)

I would love to have a solid 3x a week full body program focused on compound resistance exercises, and give it a try. I dont feel "overworked" from my current program. But i think focusing on the core exercises might be best for a beginner like me. I have def made gains doing my current program, especially losing weight which is my main goal.

My problem is I dont know how to put together a proper 3x a week program. How long I should be working out. how many sets and reps to do, and what exercises in which order, and what days to do what and when. i started 3 months ago at 331lbs, and i am currently 270lbs. A friend recommended changing my program to a 3x a week full body program and that i would probably see better results and working out less then i currently am. I personally dont mind woring out 5x a week like i have been doing. So hopefully someone in the community can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

oh btw, my current gym doesnt have free weights, i have been getting by with using the smith machine on my bench presses, squats, rows and shoulder presses

bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bsdesign0000 View Post
    I am 41, i started eating better and working out 3 months ago. I dropped 60lbs. I want to start a new full body workout routine. I am a beginner. Like i said 3 months ago i started a 5 day routine and been doing that ever since. (u can find my workout program under my username if your curious, im not allowed to post links here yet, since i havnt been here too long)

I would love to have a solid 3x a week full body program focused on compound resistance exercises, and give it a try. I dont feel "overworked" from my current program. But i think focusing on the core exercises might be best for a beginner like me. I have def made gains doing my current program, especially losing weight which is my main goal.

My problem is I dont know how to put together a proper 3x a week program. How long I should be working out. how many sets and reps to do, and what exercises in which order, and what days to do what and when. i started 3 months ago at 331lbs, and i am currently 270lbs. A friend recommended changing my program to a 3x a week full body program and that i would probably see better results and working out less then i currently am. I personally dont mind woring out 5x a week like i have been doing. So hopefully someone in the community can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

oh btw, my current gym doesnt have free weights, i have been getting by with using the smith machine on my bench presses, squats, rows and shoulder presses
    So i created a new full body workout routine with a friend of mine. Here is what i will be doing:

its 3x a week, about 80min workout or so. Mondays I will be doing all my exercises at 8 reps (calf raises at 12). Wednesdays will be doing 9 reps (calf raises 16). Friday will be doing 10 resp (calf raises 20).
    Each week I will be adding about 10% of weight to the exercises. On my rest days I will be doing 30mins (or more) of cardio, plus ab workouts. Here is the routine (I dont have free weights at my gym so i will be using the smith machine):

Elliptical - 10mins (warmup)
    Squats - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Bench Press - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Bent Over Rows - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Seated Overhead Shoulder Press - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Stiff Legged Deadlift - 3 sets
    Calf Raise - 3 sets
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets
    EZ-Bar Skullcrushers - 3 sets
    Elliptical - 5mins (cooldown)

learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) learntobefit88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i am beginner and just started my workout routine this month. i do the full body workout and you are right! this kind of work out works pretty well for beginner like me

bicepsnglutes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Felt like I had to share this video, I think it summarize everything pretty well regarding full body and split variations!

Couldnt link but search on this in youtube: The Best Science-Based Workout Split To Maximize Growth (CHOOSE WISELY!)

sparky96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Split

Originally Posted by bicepsnglutes View Post
    Felt like I had to share this video, I think it summarize everything pretty well regarding full body and split variations!

Couldnt link but search on this in youtube: The Best Science-Based Workout Split To Maximize Growth (CHOOSE WISELY!)
    Interesting video, for sure.

Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pianoist101 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by bsdesign0000 View Post
    So i created a new full body workout routine with a friend of mine. Here is what i will be doing:

its 3x a week, about 80min workout or so. Mondays I will be doing all my exercises at 8 reps (calf raises at 12). Wednesdays will be doing 9 reps (calf raises 16). Friday will be doing 10 resp (calf raises 20).
    Each week I will be adding about 10% of weight to the exercises. On my rest days I will be doing 30mins (or more) of cardio, plus ab workouts. Here is the routine (I dont have free weights at my gym so i will be using the smith machine):

Elliptical - 10mins (warmup)
    Squats - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Bench Press - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Bent Over Rows - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Seated Overhead Shoulder Press - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Stiff Legged Deadlift - 3 sets
    Calf Raise - 3 sets
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets
    EZ-Bar Skullcrushers - 3 sets
    Elliptical - 5mins (cooldown)
    Hey man, your full body routine looks great. Honestly there’s no magic formula; so long as you’re hitting each muscle with a couple of genuinely difficult sets (not just going through the motions), and so long as you’re shooting to up the weight each week or every two weeks, you’re good to go!

The only thing I’d say is that, if you’ve only been training for 6 months or less, you’d honestly grow well from less. Three movements per workout is fine. Squat, bench, row one day, squat, overhead press, deadlift the next.

The big compound movements are where you’re going to add real muscle mass, so that should be where 90% of your focus is! You can add in curls and stuff for sure, but I’d go balls to the wall on the main movements and only add in the other stuff if you have time/the energy. They aren’t strictly necessary for beginners – or certainly not as necessary as benching and squatting is!