Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10) StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10) StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10) StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10) StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10) StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10) StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10) StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10) StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10) StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10) StoyanV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    People get caught up in different information too much. One must try diverse training methods and learn to observe the changes in performance. Once you find what works for you stick with it for a long time and try to build up your strength as oly lifters do.

skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyy38 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MouseInaMaze View Post
    I'm currently on a 4 day split and have had steady progress since late april.

Monday - Chest
    Tuesday - Back/biceps
    Wednesday - off
    Thursday - Shoulders/triceps
    Friday- Legs
    Saturday - off
    Sunday - off
    WHERE is your forearms, calves and ABS? These three are the most STUBBORN to develop, and therefore, need the HARDEST WORK!
    You need to OVERLOAD them ALL THE TIME!

Biceps should go with Triceps.....

Chest plus Back!

And ABS every third day!

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StoyanV View Post
    People get caught up in different information too much. One must try diverse training methods and learn to observe the changes in performance. Once you find what works for you stick with it for a long time and try to build up your strength as oly lifters do.
    Exactly. What works for me might not work for you.

Jimmy6088 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been training for 8 years now (started when I was 18). Last two years I have been training 1 time a week fullbody workout. Before that time I did full body workouts 2-3 times a week. I'm thinking of training 2 times a week again but with a split schedule (upper and lower body). Do you guys think I should stick with the fullbody workout or do the split?

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jimmy6088 View Post
    I have been training for 8 years now (started when I was 18). Last two years I have been training 1 time a week fullbody workout. Before that time I did full body workouts 2-3 times a week. I'm thinking of training 2 times a week again but with a split schedule (upper and lower body). Do you guys think I should stick with the fullbody workout or do the split?
    If you are going to only workout 2-3 times a weeks then you should definitely be doing a full body routine.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A thought/question crossed my mind in regard to all the questions about whether to do FB or some kind of split.

Regardless of whatever type of routine you use, should you be roughly targeting the same weekly volume.

So lets say you are doing a 3x per week full body routine for a given total volume. If you were going to switch to an U/L or even a body part split would your goal be to still keep the same weekly volume?

RunningConvert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why not do upper/lower split 5x/week

This is my first post, but I've tried to do some research and haven't seen why I shouldn't continue the split I'm doing as a beginner. As a definite newbie (lifting regularly since August) and naturally skinny guy, I've seen some significant gains in strength and don't feel overtrained. But maybe I could be accomplishing much more? The main reason I'm currently using a split is that work doesn't leave me much time for the gym, and this allows me to finish in roughly half the time. Also (groan, I know), the only place I have convenient access to is Planet Fitness.

Here's my basic routine:
    Monday (upper body)
    Smith machine bench press
    Rows
    Lat pull down
    Dumbbell press
    Farmers walk

Tuesday (lower body)
    Smith machine squat (again, I know)
    Walking lunges
    Leg curl
    Calf raises
    Planks + 8-minute abs

Wednesday rest

Thursday (upper body)
    Same as Monday

Friday (lower body)
    Same as Tuesday

Saturday (upper body)
    Same as Monday

Sunday (lower body)
    Same as Tuesday

The only other exercise I have (besides walking to lunch, etc.) is a mile warm-up, and 10 minutes of easy elliptical on leg days just to lessen soreness.

More often than I'd like, life gets in the way, so for example Thursday's workout gets pushed to Friday and everything else also moves back a day. But on average, I'd say I have 2-3 days of complete rest per week.

It seems like the concern would be stress on my central nervous system, but I don't feel it. And wouldn't that also be the case for someone doing arms one day, chest the next, etc. (with much more weight than I'm now able to lift)?

In case my background is relevant, I used to run a lot -- like 50 miles per week, with frequent races. My only real "strength training" was push-ups and abs a few times a week, but I felt like I was in pretty good shape. Two years ago, I injured my knee and had to stop running for a while. I kind of used that as an excuse to let myself go. Combined with a less-healthy diet than I was used to (not fast food every day, but not HEALTHY either) and age-related metabolism slowdowns, I went from 130 pounds in college to 174 on the day I started training (Aug. 15). (I was in good "running" shape when I graduated in 2010, then slid slowly until the bottom came out two years ago). I'm 157 today, with hopefully some of that now being muscle.

I don't want to be a bodybuilder, but I want to be a muscular (much more muscular than now) 150 pounds or so, and then see what I want my next goal to be.

Sorry for the long post, but what advice can you offer?

RunningConvert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RunningConvert View Post
    This is my first post, but I've tried to do some research and haven't seen why I shouldn't continue the split I'm doing as a beginner. As a definite newbie (lifting regularly since August) and naturally skinny guy, I've seen some significant gains in strength and don't feel overtrained. But maybe I could be accomplishing much more? The main reason I'm currently using a split is that work doesn't leave me much time for the gym, and this allows me to finish in roughly half the time. Also (groan, I know), the only place I have convenient access to is Planet Fitness.

Here's my basic routine:
    Monday (upper body)
    Smith machine bench press
    Rows
    Lat pull down
    Dumbbell press
    Farmers walk

Tuesday (lower body)
    Smith machine squat (again, I know)
    Walking lunges
    Leg curl
    Calf raises
    Planks + 8-minute abs

Wednesday rest

Thursday (upper body)
    Same as Monday

Friday (lower body)
    Same as Tuesday

Saturday (upper body)
    Same as Monday

Sunday (lower body)
    Same as Tuesday

The only other exercise I have (besides walking to lunch, etc.) is a mile warm-up, and 10 minutes of easy elliptical on leg days just to lessen soreness.

More often than I'd like, life gets in the way, so for example Thursday's workout gets pushed to Friday and everything else also moves back a day. But on average, I'd say I have 2-3 days of complete rest per week.

It seems like the concern would be stress on my central nervous system, but I don't feel it. And wouldn't that also be the case for someone doing arms one day, chest the next, etc. (with much more weight than I'm now able to lift)?

In case my background is relevant, I used to run a lot -- like 50 miles per week, with frequent races. My only real "strength training" was push-ups and abs a few times a week, but I felt like I was in pretty good shape. Two years ago, I injured my knee and had to stop running for a while. I kind of used that as an excuse to let myself go. Combined with a less-healthy diet than I was used to (not fast food every day, but not HEALTHY either) and age-related metabolism slowdowns, I went from 130 pounds in college to 174 on the day I started training (Aug. 15). (I was in good "running" shape when I graduated in 2010, then slid slowly until the bottom came out two years ago). I'm 157 today, with hopefully some of that now being muscle.

I don't want to be a bodybuilder, but I want to be a muscular (much more muscular than now) 150 pounds or so, and then see what I want my next goal to be.

Sorry for the long post, but what advice can you offer?
    Sorry, when I say "dumbbell press" I mean "dumbbell overhead press."

Jazz1Geoff101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From little acorns etc....

I agree to the, quite frankly, 'obvious' choice of full-body to start with. For me, I started with 'Insanity' for the best part of a year before finding out about body splits....

I tried the 'Arnold' 2 day split and that was overkill for my body; I didn't have time to recover, let alone GROW! So 5 day splits are what I tend to use, with maybe a cheeky double in there mid-week and a little something during the weekend, some cardio/Pilates/yoga routine just to shake it up....and of course, to make it fun!

Good post....
    Jazzi xx

trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trickyfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I prefer the full body routine instead of doing the split routine.

dwrkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Split routine, started out with full body routine. Can only do full body routine twice a week at most.

onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) onlinecoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Jimmy6088 View Post
    If it's only twice per week, then go for full body workout. On monday for example you could do sets of 6-8 reps, and on thursday sets of 10-12 reps! That way you'll hit more muscle fibers

tominct has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, I think that's what it says....buy at some point t, and I'm about there now beginning again at 50, is that you can't do enough for each body part in one workput, for me it's just too much, they are getting too long....so its time to split I think....and I don't like so.many off days either.

bigdan8000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdan8000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdan8000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdan8000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdan8000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdan8000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdan8000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigdan8000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree with the full body for beginners but my ego woukvalways take over so idea always choose splits

robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) robert10000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My preferred way to lift is full body but nowadays its too much at one time so splits are what I do now. Results have been good overall. Sometimes I do an upper/lower and other times ill really hammer two bodyparts at a time.
    "plan to lift weights until I die"

THETURK35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've training with brosplits for 1,5 years.

Do you advice to me start the ICF 5X5 ? Will it be efficient for me ?

YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10) YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10) YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10) YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10) YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10) YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10) YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10) YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10) YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10) YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10) YoanaOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I always used to workout my whole body at once. And those method always gave me good results :P
    My set in my first STREET FITNESS competition http://goo.gl/0tyXUz <~

shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Training one body part once per week is for the "enhanced" bodybuilders who had to start training this way because their sets became insane and if they wanted to train their whole body they would have to stay in the gym all day. Natural bodybuilders should train the whole body or upper/lower split, The muscle protein syntheses in the naturals is elevated around 48 hours after working out. So i train every other day only upper body(I don't need to train the lower) doing 30-40 sets each workout and on the 48th hour I feel recovered to train again. I do mainly compound exercises.

Rhinod56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Splits 9/10 days. can really focus and work 1 specific area harder and longer. 1/10 days full body or mixing it up some

Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I really like this thread, I've always done Upper/Lower and they work well for me. I've tried the typical 5 day splits, but my shoulders end up really fatigued throughout the week. If I had to do a split like that, I'd only do it the way Dorian Yates outlined (Chest + bi, Legs, Shoulder+ Tri, Back). And like it was stated in the OP, younger guys have better recovery, why not take advantage of it while you can and hit each muscle group twice per week?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172590831 <<< New training log as of 10/7/16

Working diligently for a 405 bench.

L00pinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So for a beginner/intermediate lifter, would you recommend doing the 6 basic compound lifts 3-4 days a week?
    And even if i do it 3-4 times a week, is incorporating some callisthenics routines ok on off days?

2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by L00pinator View Post
    So for a beginner/intermediate lifter, would you recommend doing the 6 basic compound lifts 3-4 days a week?
    And even if i do it 3-4 times a week, is incorporating some callisthenics routines ok on off days?
    I've personally made the most progress doing variations of 5x5 routines, whereby I lift 3 times per week, mixing up the exercise I do each day. For instance, today I am about to squat, bench press, barbell row and do dips. The next session I have on the menu Squats, OHP and deadlift.

Callisthenics on your non-workout days will only go towards helping you build strength and achieve your goals. However I would not recommend going overboard with the intensity. Your body needs rest days to recover, particularly when you are beginner-intermediate level.
    No sig crew

Kevintruong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, I used to hit the gym a year ago. Now, I'm starting do it again. I did full body 2 times at the first week. Then I split my routine in 4 days a week like Monday and Wednesday i do chest, shoulder and triceps. Tuesday and Thursday i do back/lat, biceps, leg. Friday and Saturday i do cardio and belly. Is my routine ok? Do you have any advices ? Thanks

hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardenheavy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I totally agree with the initial post of the thread.

I find full body routines to be the best cost-effective training, where cost is not only amount of cash you invest into your training.

For there are 3 mayor benefits from full body training, seen from this cost-benefit perspective:
    1. I finish my training a lot faster than when doing two body parts (e.g. chest and biceps, back and triceps, shoulders and legs...) split routines
    2. It's less of an issue if you skip a training, regardless of the reason. Since it's full body, it'll be full body the next time as well.
    3. I don't have to struggle fitting in 5 consecutive training days at the gym in my busy schedule.

I do 3 days a week, mixing in about 8 exercises plus a warm-up and cool-down. I tend to switch between "regular" and superset training. Here's an example (this was my yesterday's workout):
    - 1500m on the rower as a warm-up
    - barbell back squats
    - barbell row
    - incline press
    - side lateral rise
    - arms superset (e.g. hammer curls with cable triceps extension)
    - decline leg raise
    - plank
    - cool-down and stretch
    4 sets each, station training.

This particular routine took about 1h20m.

I'm not sure right now, but I don't believe I'll ever prefer split routines to full body. This is simply more practical. After all, I'm not nor I ever will be a pro bodybuilder
    An idea gets you started, motivation keeps you going, discipline gets you "there"...

ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ayodavid93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For a skinny guy (5'8 120-123 lbs) who's trying to pack on some muscle/put on weight I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out if I should work out 3,4, or 5 days. I would really appreciate it if I can get some feedback on these splits that I came up with for each of those 3 days:

3 day split:
    Tuesday: chest/back/abs
    Thursday: legs/abs
    Saturday: shoulders/traps/arms/abs

4 day split:
    Monday: upper body
    Tuesday: lower body/abs
    Thursday: upper body
    Friday: lower body/abs

5 day split:
    Monday: chest/abs
    Tuesday: back
    Wednesday: legs/abs
    Thursday: shoulders/traps
    Friday: arms/abs

evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) evanevanevan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks for the info!

shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10) shazko is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ayodavid93 View Post
    For a skinny guy (5'8 120-123 lbs) who's trying to pack on some muscle/put on weight I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out if I should work out 3,4, or 5 days. I would really appreciate it if I can get some feedback on these splits that I came up with for each of those 3 days:

3 day split:
    Tuesday: chest/back/abs
    Thursday: legs/abs
    Saturday: shoulders/traps/arms/abs

4 day split:
    Monday: upper body
    Tuesday: lower body/abs
    Thursday: upper body
    Friday: lower body/abs

5 day split:
    Monday: chest/abs
    Tuesday: back
    Wednesday: legs/abs
    Thursday: shoulders/traps
    Friday: arms/abs

One day upper body, next day lower, next upper, next lower and so on. Try this with volume which allows you to train the body part in 48 hours. Also eat a lot.

lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lwx1350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does 3 day split mean exercising 3 days in a row or having a one day break in between?

InYourMidst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The full BD routine is the best probably, as you get more muscle strength and beast than any other way. You gotta remember your muscles don't like being split up and compared it's best to balance it all out. I'm pretty newb though Good luck to any of you, hope my advice is more than helpful!!!!!!!

Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arnoldswim is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by hardenheavy View Post
    I totally agree with the initial post of the thread.

I find full body routines to be the best cost-effective training, where cost is not only amount of cash you invest into your training.

For there are 3 mayor benefits from full body training, seen from this cost-benefit perspective:
    1. I finish my training a lot faster than when doing two body parts (e.g. chest and biceps, back and triceps, shoulders and legs...) split routines
    2. It's less of an issue if you skip a training, regardless of the reason. Since it's full body, it'll be full body the next time as well.
    3. I don't have to struggle fitting in 5 consecutive training days at the gym in my busy schedule.

I do 3 days a week, mixing in about 8 exercises plus a warm-up and cool-down. I tend to switch between "regular" and superset training. Here's an example (this was my yesterday's workout):
    - 1500m on the rower as a warm-up
    - barbell back squats
    - barbell row
    - incline press
    - side lateral rise
    - arms superset (e.g. hammer curls with cable triceps extension)
    - decline leg raise
    - plank
    - cool-down and stretch
    4 sets each, station training.

This particular routine took about 1h20m.

I'm not sure right now, but I don't believe I'll ever prefer split routines to full body. This is simply more practical. After all, I'm not nor I ever will be a pro bodybuilder
    I agree with this. I have found the most effective use of my time to be multiple full body workouts throughout the week. The variation among the exercises seems to prevent fatigue
    Doctor's Best
    Science-Based Nutrition
    DrBVitamins.com

***Doctor's Best Representative***

Former Member of US National Swim Team
    Gym Lifts: 355/275/450

(Opinions expressed here represent my own and not my employer)