shovern is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What to with my body? Cut or bulk?

In short terms, i need advice for what to do. Im 22 year old guy, and always had a strange physique. Im skinny, my legs/calves are all normal, but am skinnyfat/chubby without the clothes on, even tho my weight is normal. Like you see i dont have one single muscle on my upperbody, so i look fatter then i really am.

If i cut, wouldnt i just become even skinnier, and what should i cut down to? I have no muscle anyways. Or should i bulk and try to add muscle, or do i have to much fat?

Appreciate all the help
    Attached Images

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That pic seems familiar. If you're who I think you are, you're just going to argue against whatever advice you're given.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shovern View Post
    am skinnyfat/chubby without the clothes on
    With clothes, what are you?

I suggest starting to lift weights whether you bulk or cut. You don't need to go back and forth and plan it all out before you can start working out.

shovern is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    With clothes, what are you?

I suggest starting to lift weights whether you bulk or cut. You don't need to go back and forth and plan it all out before you can start working out.
    Im skinny/normal, you wouldnt think i have all that fat underneath.

Ye im doing it, om gonna start on a proper program this week.

True, but shouldnt i measure what i eat etc, when the food is 60-70% of the workout?

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ye im doing it, om gonna start on a proper program this week.
    That's good, as long as this is finally the week.

True, but shouldnt i measure what i eat etc, when the food is 60-70% of the workout?
    I'd say 55%. And if you don't have a specific goal, eat at maintenance with enough protein while you work out and decide.

RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What is your height and weight?

Regardless of your answer, you are going to need to cut and bulk. Which you do first is up to you.

Cut first: this is probably the healthier option and the one I would recommend. Stick to a deficit of around 500 calories and you will be able to recomp,.building muscle while you lose fat - provided you consistently follow a proven resistance training program and eating adequate protein. You will look skinnier in clothes, but dramatically better with your shirt off. Once you're under 15% body fat (which will take several months) you'll be at a good starting point for a long lean bulk.

Bulk first: this way you start with the long lean bulk - at least 4-6 months where you gain no more than 1kg per month. You'll need a surplus of around 250-300 calories and to lift consistently. You can expect your body fat percentage to go up a little during this time, but more than half of the weight gained should be muscle. At the end of this time, you'll look a little bigger and less skinny with clothes on, and a little fatter with your shirt off. You'll now be ready to cut, but as you will have more fat, you'll need to cut for longer to get to 15%.

Odds are you will need several bulk and cut cycles to be truly satisfied with your physique - it will take years, not months. The good news is you are young and could have a great physique by your mid 20s. I was skinny-fat too, but I didn't do anything about it until I was 33.
    Last edited by RapidFail; 10-03-2020 at 06:02 AM.