Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz

Is the effectiveness of a pre-workout based solely on its stimulant effect?

Looking through the supplement section of this formula as well as other random feedback it appears that nowadays the effective of pre-workout formulas is based solely on its stimulant effect.

"I take [insert name of product here] because it jacks me up!!! I can't train without it!!!"

I think people rely too much on stimulants to get them through their workouts and the pre-workout people to choose is based simply on which one jacks them up (gives them the greatest energy buzz) the most.

Discuss.

tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For myself I train at 5am so I need a good kick in the ass to get me going.Although I would be thrilled to drop the pre wo and save the money

thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Looking through the supplement section of this formula as well as other random feedback it appears that nowadays the effective of pre-workout formulas is based solely on its stimulant effect.

"I take [insert name of product here] because it jacks me up!!! I can't train without it!!!"

I think people rely too much on stimulants to get them through their workouts and the pre-workout people to choose is based simply on which one jacks them up (gives them t
    he greatest energy buzz) the most.

Discuss.
    I completely agree that just because a pre workout product is "stimmed out" does not make it a good product. I look for a product with a balanced result of energy, strength, and focus. One in particular starts with an N and ends with an M.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by thejuiceed View Post
    I completely agree that just because a pre workout product is "stimmed out" does not make it a good product. I look for a product with a balanced result of energy, strength, and focus. One in particular starts with an N and ends with an M.
    I definitely think the mental focus aspect of the pre-workout is overlooked. I loved taking the old Scivation NeuroStim pre-workout because it gave a nice boost in performance and focus without the massive stim energy peak and crash. Long term stim use isn't good, especially when your body starts relying on stims to function.

willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Derek, what do you suggest when one has been consuming Pre-workout supplements for almost every workout for the past I don't know like 3-4 years? When do you recommend the usage of pre-workout supplements? And how should one cycle the use of pre-workout supplements?
    *Scivation Athlete*
    www.TeamScivation.com
    www.Scivation.com

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Coming from someone who used to never take them and now does, I can say that focus & energy are important to me.....I don't like the jitters or anything like that....something that can make me focus while providing energy is key. I try not to use them too often but have found myself using it for 3 of my 4 workouts a week. I do try to take a 2 week break every now and then as well and try only to use it when I feel I really need it.
    RDF

The pain that greets me, is the stick that beats me...

My Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151219463

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Load a product up with some Niacin, Beta-Alanine and Caffeine and perhaps even some DMAA. and it'll be the most popular for the majority of society out there.

Far to often I hear "oh man, best product ever, makes me all tingly I just wanna punch holes in the wall"

I'll admit I was a big fan of the 'ol days of VasoXplode/Charge, used to eat it like candy when it caked up. Definitly was one of the better ones I've used.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10) thejuiceed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by willsong View Post
    Derek, what do you suggest when one has been consuming Pre-workout supplements for almost every workout for the past I don't know like 3-4 years? When do you recommend the usage of pre-workout supplements? And how should one cycle the use of pre-workout supplements?
    I personally like to take a 2 week break from using pre-workout products about every 3-4 months. Coincide it with a week off from the gym...

Originally Posted by LiL USMC BBer View Post
    Load a product up with some Niacin, Beta-Alanine and Caffeine and perhaps even some DMAA. and it'll be the most popular for the majority of society out there.

Far to often I hear "oh man, best product ever, makes me all tingly I just wanna punch holes in the wall"

I'll admit I was a big fan of the 'ol days of VasoXplode/Charge, used to eat it like candy when it caked up. Definitly was one of the better ones I've used.
    I've used the old school VasoCharge in the past as well, love that stuff for early morning training!!

Originally Posted by willsong View Post
    Originally Posted by thejuiceed View Post
    I personally like to take a 2 week break from using pre-workout products about every 3-4 months. Coincide it with a week off from the gym...
    I agree with the above, take 2 weeks off every 3-4 months.

Also there is a difference between taking something stimulating once a day vs. taking something pre-workout and mid-afternoon and a Monster/Energy Drink and coffee here and there. Throughout my contest prep I was taking Novem twice a day and I definitely think my body became reliant on it.

Originally Posted by LiL USMC BBer View Post

You are 100% correct with that assessment!