Thread: Navy says..

uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Navy says..

Hey guys, I'm 19 and joining the Navy. Everything is going good however when they weighed me and took measurements, they told me i was 15 pounds over the height:weight ratio. Then they measured around my body and said I had to lose 2 inches on my stomach (or 15-20 pounds.)

I'm 5"9 but I workout about 5-6 times a week. I don't really follow macros that much but I eat A LOT of whole foods, protein, and about 1900 calories a day. Is there anything I can do differently? I have been working out and lifting weights for about 1 year now too. I've already been accepted into the Nuclear Engineering program and I'm really trying to make my way in there. Thanks if advance for all your help!

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by uHAlpha View Post
    Hey guys, I'm 19 and joining the Navy. Everything is going good however when they weighed me and took measurements, they told me i was 15 pounds over the height:weight ratio. Then they measured around my body and said I had to lose 2 inches on my stomach (or 15-20 pounds.)

I'm 5"9 but I workout about 5-6 times a week. I don't really follow macros that much but I eat A LOT of whole foods, protein, and about 1900 calories a day. Is there anything I can do differently? I have been working out and lifting weights for about 1 year now too. I've already been accepted into the Nuclear Engineering program and I'm really trying to make my way in there. Thanks if advance for all your help!

If you are consistent and accurate with the 1900 calories a day, you'll lose the weight. Make sure you eat a lot of meat (protein.)
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10) uHAlpha is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    If you are consistent and accurate with the 1900 calories a day, you'll lose the weight. Make sure you eat a lot of meat (protein.)
    Im trying to get in around 150 grams a day. Is that sufficient or do I need more?

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by uHAlpha View Post
    Im trying to get in around 150 grams a day. Is that sufficient or do I need more?
    That's plenty
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE

Registered User TheGreatDivider's Avatar
    TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGreatDivider is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Relax,
    The Navy uses the old BMI height weight charts that tell you what you SHOULD weigh. In reality a lot of people get rope and chocked in the real navy and I remember a ton of cheifs who were chronically obese but still stayed in with permission from the captain. I was tortured with this BS because I have large hips and developed a pot belly from all the high fructose corn syrup and trans fat from the crappy food, not to mention the lack of sleep.

If for any reason you do not pass you still have a few opportunities in bootcamp which isn't really that hard anyways. You only need to get like 50 pushups, 50 situps, and run a mile and a half in less than 11 min 45 seconds. Super easy so long as you don't let yourself cheat a lot in boot or the real navy.

Originally Posted by TheGreatDivider View Post
    Relax,
    The Navy uses the old BMI height weight charts that tell you what you SHOULD weigh. In reality a lot of people get rope and chocked in the real navy and I remember a ton of cheifs who were chronically obese but still stayed in with permission from the captain. I was tortured with this BS because I have large hips and developed a pot belly from all the high fructose corn syrup and trans fat from the crappy food, not to mention the lack of sleep.

If for any reason you do not pass you still have a few opportunities in bootcamp which isn't really that hard anyways. You only need to get like 50 pushups, 50 situps, and run a mile and a half in less than 11 min 45 seconds. Super easy so long as you don't let yourself cheat a lot in boot or the real navy.
    Translation: I ate too much.
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm curious about your diet, timing, workouts and caloric intake. At 1900 a day, you should be dropping weight, however, the quality of food is paramount. I'd shoot for 10-12x body weight in cals to reduce weight, but everyone is different so you may need more or less. Eating that low may cause muscle loss too and lethargic states so it's good to see the larger picture.

jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you said "you don't really follow macros that much" and that you are eating "about" 1900 calories.

i dont want to sound mean or like i'm trying to be a jerk, but in my opinion if you've been lifting and working out 5-6x a week for a year and you still weigh 200 pounds at your height, you are eating too much or you are not counting cals accurately. make sure that you have VERIFIED nutritional information about EVERYTHING that you eat. look up manufacturer websites, use fitness sites like my fitness pal, search google, do whatever you can to find caloric information about the things you are eating. if you're ever not sure about an estimate, go with the higher value. sometimes i add 10-20 cals to each thing i eat for no reason. at the end of the day i have a little 80-100 calorie "cushion" deficit in case i miscalculated something or if i am still hungry and want a small snack (usually i dont, but sometimes it happens).

it's a pain in the ass monitoring everything you put in your mouth, but you'll get used to it and it will become natural. the good news is, if you really are serious about achieving your goals, you WILL get there. it is scientifically proven that less cals will make you lose weight. you just gotta put the effort in. GL bro.

the last time I weighed my self was a couple of days ago and I had dropped to 190'ish. I usually eat chicken breasts, brocolli, pork tenderloin, etc. I mean I am losing the weight, but its very slow and I wanted to make sure that with this amount of calories my muscle mass wouldnt drop either. It took me forever to be able to bench 325 lol. Thanks alot for the input guys!