kassr6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is this normal for coming off keto..?

first attempt at a clean bulk, i'm about 2 months in. I did a keto diet for about 2 months of the summer to attempt to get a 6 pack got pretty close but then summer was over and decided i want to try to gain some mass. I looked in the mirror the other day and got a little freaked since i used to be a chubby dude and I dont want to go back to it. so here are pics of me at the end of my keto and currently.

Right before i started clean bulk: phone pics 018.jpg
    Currently: phone pics 282.jpg
    I know i'm supposed to be a little more bloated and look a little fatter during a bulk but is this too much for about 2 months of bulking? I also have been doing cardio after workouts 20-25 min of HIIT about 3 days out of the 4-5 i work out.

I'm pretty much hitting my macros for a clean bulk here is my typical diet that i tend to stick to pretty strictly.

Breakfast 1 1/2 scoop whey + banana
    2 whole eggs 2 egg whites, piece of whole wheat toast, 2 pieces of bacon
    Morning snack: 1/2 cup oatmeal + apple + whole wheat banana bread muffin
    Lunch: 11 oz chicken breast, either whole wheat noodles or a potato
    Snack: turkey + roast beef sandwhich
    Postworkout: 2 scoop whey + oatmeal
    Dinner 11 oz chicken breast, either whole wheat noodles or potato
    Sometimes before bed i'll eat a couple boiled eggs before bed if i feel a bit hungry but tahts about it

Sunday: legs + cardio
    Tuesday:chest + cardio
    Wednesday: back + cardio
    Friday:Shoulders

Sometimes i'll do an extra day for arms and some cardio but thats about it. I mix in abs randomly.
    5'10 150 at end of keto, i'm at 165 ish right now.

so, is this mostly due to the water retention from taking carbs or should i adjust my diet? I havent noticed any significant increases in weight also.

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    strongbulk/10 lol 15lbs in 8 weeks how many cals over maintenance are you eating ?

Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's a hell of a gain. Reduce calories to get around 1lb a week max gain.
    "Ain't nothing to it but to do it"

Sponsored F.I.T Athlete - http://www.ForgedIronTraining.com - DANTHEMAN5 for 5% off

Training Log || Cube Method - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160370671

Home Physique || 100% Free Motivation - http://www.homephysique.com ||| YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/lllDBOlll

kassr6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    300 cals over maintence for the most part (3100 calories), i do cheat once in a while maybe once every two weeks but i'm bulking so it shouldnt be that big of an issue, and i usually adjust my cals to fit a cheat in if i do.

Also I weighed in at 161 this morning so 11 lbs in 8 weeks, and the picture was taken post work out... is the fattyness/bloated look just water weight from carbs being reintroduced?
    Last edited by kassr6; 11-16-2011 at 05:07 PM.

JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    damn, good think i plan on bulking with a tkd.
    New Stack -

ECY (Ephedrine HCI, Caffeine, Yohimbine HCI, 24mg/200mg/5mg)
    PES Erase
    D-Aspartic Acid
    Acetyl L-Carnitine 3-5g Daily
    Fish Oil 3-5g Daily
    Whole Foods based Multi-Vitamin
    Customized Magnesium/Zinc/Potassium Bed Time Formula

KETO; Live it, be it, Know it.

03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you trying to get big or be cut and ripped? I have been debating whether to do a clean bulk after I achieve my keto goals or to stay on a bulk with a tkd like suggested above. After leaning towards the clean bulk at first I am now leaning towards a tkd. The reason for this is because while I may not add on the amount of mass I would want as quickly, I would be maintaining the body I have worked so hard to achieve. I do not weigh myself, because weight is almost irrevevant to me. The mirror and the occasional hydro-static test are what matter to me. To me their is no point in losing my 6-pack for 4-6 months on a clean bulk, only to have to lose the inevitable fat that I will put on, then to find out I probably only gained a minimal amount of muscle more than what I would have on a tkd while not looking my best for those 4-6 months.

Having said that, you have made good progress, and I bet a majority of those pounds are water weight, which can be lost quickly. You said you have lost 11 pounds, but have you noticed a significant increase in your lifts? Maybe a change of routine is necessary?

JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonVermilion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 03SVT_COBRA View Post
    Are you trying to get big or be cut and ripped? I have been debating whether to do a clean bulk after I achieve my keto goals or to stay on a bulk with a tkd like suggested above. After leaning towards the clean bulk at first I am now leaning towards a tkd. The reason for this is because while I may not add on the amount of mass I would want as quickly, I would be maintaining the body I have worked so hard to achieve. I do not weigh myself, because weight is almost irrevevant to me. The mirror and the occasional hydro-static test are what matter to me. To me their is no point in losing my 6-pack for 4-6 months on a clean bulk, only to have to lose the inevitable fat that I will put on, then to find out I probably only gained a minimal amount of muscle more than what I would have on a tkd while not looking my best for those 4-6 months.

Having said that, you have made good progress, and I bet a majority of those pounds are water weight, which can be lost quickly. You said you have lost 11 pounds, but have you noticed a significant increase in your lifts? Maybe a change of routine is necessary?
    Yeah tkd is best when you want to keep what you have but slowly (depends on plan) build muscle mass. take 250 of test and 250 of deca weekly. IM kidding. lol
    New Stack -

ECY (Ephedrine HCI, Caffeine, Yohimbine HCI, 24mg/200mg/5mg)
    PES Erase
    D-Aspartic Acid
    Acetyl L-Carnitine 3-5g Daily
    Fish Oil 3-5g Daily
    Whole Foods based Multi-Vitamin
    Customized Magnesium/Zinc/Potassium Bed Time Formula

KETO; Live it, be it, Know it.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Correction: best is the most carbs you can eat without causing unwanted or excessive adipose tissue accretion.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigboybar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    Correction: best is the most carbs you can eat without causing unwanted or excessive adipose tissue accretion.
    What's the best way to gave that Atavis? Without scientific data? Just trial and error? Cuz that's the one thing I'm afraid of going back on carbs. That and the craving for when I do plan on doing a bulk