Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    marketwiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are the best "out n about" lunch options for fat loss diets?

I work in an office, and NEED to get out every day or I lose my mind. I have access to Mexican, Italian, Latin, and all fast food restaurants. Even an organic Mexican restaurant that resembles chipotle's menu. Not as tasty but it's there. I am trying to lose weight and more importantly FAT. Anyone have a preferred place that's healthy and accomplishes this? I'm in a burb and have access to about everything.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gas stations usually have sandwiches and fruits so that along with a lean beef jerky would make a decent idea. You can get chicken based meals just about anywhere. If you have Subway that's a decent option with subs such as the chicken teriyaki, I'd go with double the meat personally. Mcdonald's isn't the worst thing in the world, I'd order up multiple McDoubles and toss the buns on a few of them, KFC has the double down which is also another decent option.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by marketwiz View Post
    I work in an office, and NEED to get out every day or I lose my mind. I have access to Mexican, Italian, Latin, and all fast food restaurants. Even an organic Mexican restaurant that resembles chipotle's menu. Not as tasty but it's there. I am trying to lose weight and more importantly FAT. Anyone have a preferred place that's healthy and accomplishes this? I'm in a burb and have access to about everything.
    I have a start up company and I find this a constant problem. I usually hit up subway or a sandwhich place. Main thing is "find the time to cook or make food and bring it to work with you". You can't loose weight if you don't know the calories your taking in. I know I'll eat in the office for 10 minutes and then just go for a drive, hit up a store, shop, etc to ease my mind. If you go to a Mexican or Italian place you'll never know how many calories your eating.
    Starting Weight 255lbs. 2/1/2011
    Best weight so far 187lbs 5/1/2012 - Then got a hot gf a boat and gained fat lol...
    Starting again for the finish line of 180lbs - 11/1/2012 @ 201lbs

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can you not prepare food at home and take it in with you?
    Currently cutting.

Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    Can you not prepare food at home and take it in with you?
    Sure, but I like to "get out." I do that from time to time but enjoy the atmosphere and company of others outside the office.

Originally Posted by toddmclain02 View Post
    I have a start up company and I find this a constant problem. I usually hit up subway or a sandwhich place. Main thing is "find the time to cook or make food and bring it to work with you". You can't loose weight if you don't know the calories your taking in. I know I'll eat in the office for 10 minutes and then just go for a drive, hit up a store, shop, etc to ease my mind. If you go to a Mexican or Italian place you'll never know how many calories your eating.
    Yeah. The sauces and cheese are loaded with calories at most Mexican joints, which is why I tend to try to avoid them.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sure, but I like to "get out." I do that from time to time but enjoy the atmosphere and company of others outside the office.
    Haha, do you go out to lunch with people? Or are you just sitting next to other people who like to eat out but you don't actually talk to them?
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    Haha, do you go out to lunch with people? Or are you just sitting next to other people who like to eat out but you don't actually talk to them?
    Both. I like to get served quicker so I often sit at the bar at places like Applebee's, Fridays', etc. So, yeah, I do strike up conversation and I do know a lot of people around town who I bump into. But yeah, often times associates, etc are in my presence. All depends on the day.

Well, about all I can say is try to stick to lean meats, vegetables and fruits if possible. It doesn't sound like you want to give up eating out so good luck.

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Honestly man.. You can eat anything as long as it fits in your macros. I eat out for lunch every single day because I have to get out of the office as well. Hasn't affected my weight loss one iota. You just have to be smart with your choices.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Then bring your lunch, eat at your desk and go take a walk with someone outside! I work in a office and its what I do.. If I need to go out for lunch, Ill have a shawarma or a 6" chicken sub with honey mustard and greens in it.

ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Any fastfood that you can look up calories to is fine, try to stick to relatively healthy stuff but it really is mostly calories in vs out. Wendy's is sweet if you have one because I think most of them put the calories for all their items right on the menu

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    Well, about all I can say is try to stick to lean meats, vegetables and fruits if possible. It doesn't sound like you want to give up eating out so good luck.
    Yep, will do. Thanks

Originally Posted by ryanthestark View Post
    Any fastfood that you can look up calories to is fine, try to stick to relatively healthy stuff but it really is mostly calories in vs out. Wendy's is sweet if you have one because I think most of them put the calories for all their items right on the menu
    Got a Wendy's here, which is good. I don't eat fries (just kills all progress so I swore them off) and I dislike their fries anyways. McDonalds fries, another story.

Reverse Dieting = Fulking bigben4's Avatar
    bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigben4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Grilled double down
    "the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must"

ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryanthestark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Got a Wendy's here, which is good. I don't eat fries (just kills all progress so I swore them off) and I dislike their fries anyways. McDonalds fries, another story.
    I'd stick to chicken wraps or sandwich's, mexican food bean+meat burritos, stuff like that.

I got tired of cooking on my last long cut, aet fast food almost exclusively for about 3-4 weeks. Didn't slow my fat loss down, although energy levels and fullness were down a bit.

Honestly for your average person I would think fastfood calorie counting dieting might work better since counting calories on food you prepare is a lot harder.

But if it were me I'd say screw lunch and drink a protein shake haha, I have trouble sleeping on a cut if I don't eat a big meal at night

bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you really cared about losing weight you would start by not eating out every day. You would also bring your own lunch. Come on man.

wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any of those options will work. When I eat out, I typically go to Subway, Wendy's, McD's, or Qdoba. Wendy's double stacks are only 400 cal apiece and the macros aren't too bad (27P 21F 26C). I usually try to avoid french fries and/or other high carb foods because they are usually very calorie dense which makes it a lot harder for me to hit my required protein intake for the day (I'm currently 5'11 265 cutting on 2500 cals, 180P 90F 240C). But hey, if you can fit something into your diet then go for it.

Originally Posted by bbrock293 View Post
    If you really cared about losing weight you would start by not eating out every day. You would also bring your own lunch. Come on man.
    Captain Obvious, I simply posed a question.
    Last edited by marketwiz; 11-15-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: typo

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Learn how to count calories, and you can eat burger king everyday. Just don't get the fries. A double quarter pounder with cheese is 750 calories with 50g of protein. Not terrible, and filling. Also, super tasty.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    Learn how to count calories, and you can eat burger king everyday. Just don't get the fries. A double quarter pounder with cheese is 750 calories with 50g of protein. Not terrible, and filling. Also, super tasty.
    Yeah, I guess it all comes down to counting calories and what my other meals consist of. I've gotta get better at that. I'm on about a 2,400 calorie a day diet.

mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat some ice cream when your out? Ice cream per scoop is like what? 100-200 cals? that's nothing. Just watch your cals and make sure your 500 cals under your maintenance to lose weight.
    Check out my daily fat loss logs here to getting shredded.
    New plan to see what works best [Ex hackers journey to getting ripped from a fat slob]- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139504563

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, I guess it all comes down to counting calories and what my other meals consist of. I've gotta get better at that. I'm on about a 2,400 calorie a day diet.
    You might want to look into IF (leangains.com) if you go out to lunch everyday. If you don't eat breakfast, you can have a larger lunch and dinner.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bbrock293 View Post
    Trust me man, office job, sometimes you absolutely have to go out or else someone is going to die horribly in an office very near to your own.

Most of the time I do bring my lunch and on those days were me getting away for an hour is saving both my sanity and potentially someone else in my office from meeting a horrible fate, I'll take my lunch and go sit in the park 2 blocks down for a bit.

Otherwise I hit Subway or something similar to get a sandwich, drink water, skip the chips / cookie / fries (try to save those calories for either more protein or a treat later in the day). I keep a desk drawer loaded up with my "better option of the week" for a snack around 3:30 - 4:00 to keep me going until dinner.

Do look at IF, it's been a plateau breaker for me and the expanded dinner options make me feel like I'm eating like a king in the evenings.
    Now cutting: Got a little more squishy than I wanted, heading down to 160lbs and seeing how things look.

5/24/13 176lbs
    5/31/13 174lbs
    6/06/13 172.5lbs
    6/14/13 172lbs (? :/)
    6/21/13 170.5lbs
    7/06/13 171 lbs (Gasp blew my diet at Dollywood, must give up and become couch potato).

Qui audet adipiscitur
    Bis vivit qui bene vivit

robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertover50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you serious? If you have access to just about anything why ask the question. However the fact that you ask the question makes me assume you don't know what is good to eat and what is bad to eat. Think a little! If you find yourself in a restaurant order a special meal; no oil, not fried, hold the cheese, steam the vegatables, etc. If you need an alternative hit the supermarket with a salad bar and HOLD the cream dreasings. If you know what is good and what is bad to put into your system than you really don't need advise from us. Sorry for being blunt but I work in an office and travel a lot and eating healthy, esspecially on the road takes some care and thought but it is not as hard as it sounds.

Originally Posted by Singe03 View Post
    Trust me man, office job, sometimes you absolutely have to go out or else someone is going to die horribly in an office very near to your own.
    Glad we share the same line of thinking. I'll definitely check out IF, thanks to you and nlite for the suggestion.

shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50) shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50) shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50) shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50) shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50) shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50) shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50) shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50) shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50) shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50) shorty1988m will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My favourite is Nandos. Dont know if this is in the US or just the UK but its basically chicken and you can spice it up. You can change up the fries for healthier options and their calories are available in the my fitness pal app so i can add it up as i eat

Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also, if you can find a local sushi joint, nigiri and sashimi are both rather calorie friendly. Nigiri is a major player when I need a low fat protein and carb fix.

Some of the sauces in sushi rolls however are not quite so friendly, beware of those.
    Now cutting: Got a little more squishy than I wanted, heading down to 160lbs and seeing how things look.

5/24/13 176lbs
    5/31/13 174lbs
    6/06/13 172.5lbs
    6/14/13 172lbs (? :/)
    6/21/13 170.5lbs
    7/06/13 171 lbs (Gasp blew my diet at Dollywood, must give up and become couch potato).

Qui audet adipiscitur
    Bis vivit qui bene vivit

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    protein bar

Originally Posted by robertover50 View Post
    Are you serious? If you have access to just about anything why ask the question. However the fact that you ask the question makes me assume you don't know what is good to eat and what is bad to eat. Think a little! If you find yourself in a restaurant order a special meal; no oil, not fried, hold the cheese, steam the vegatables, etc. If you need an alternative hit the supermarket with a salad bar and HOLD the cream dreasings. If you know what is good and what is bad to put into your system than you really don't need advise from us. Sorry for being blunt but I work in an office and travel a lot and eating healthy, esspecially on the road takes some care and thought but it is not as hard as it sounds.
    Yeah, I was serious, which is why I asked. While I have "access" to everything I simply asked what people order as I don't frequent EVERY restaurant on a regular basis. There is a Chili's here and haven't been in 10 years. If someone threw up a good suggestion from there maybe I'd go. Sorry for being inquisitive, Mr Serious guy. If you don't like the thread, don't post.