Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TKD View Post
    Last ME day when i got 140kg was the first time box squatting with a cambered bar for me.
    That's so cool when you pump out 3 plates on (technically) a first lift, credit bro.
    The journal... back from the dead... Again...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=12293800#post12293800

FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In on this brah! Mega jealous of that GHR machine and the GHR numbers. My hammies suck Congrats on the 150kg squat too! Some serious numbers up in here nice work.
    'I cannot control the outcome, but I CAN control my attitude towards the outcome' - Vitor Belfort @ UFC142 after destroying AJ

Analysis paralysis Lifting N Tx's Avatar
    Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting N Tx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice squatting. Westside, with all the rotation of exercises, would be hard for me to evaluate in terms of progress. Until, that is, I had established PRs for a number of ME exercises, at a time of peak strength levels.

Like the SSB squats. Even if you have a known PR, if it's not from a time when you were near peak strength, it should be easy to improve on. IME it's easy to make progress when you're regaining lost strength, but hard (especially as an older lifter) to exceed all time best strength levels.

Anyway, all that said, when do you think you'll be at a point of being able to tell the effectiveness of your Westside style training in terms of allowing you to exceed previous all-time (prior to injury, forced time off, etc) strength levels for known PRs?

Damn shoulder played up again today. The ruptured tendon just doesn't like certain exercises
    Remind me what tendon? My instinct, based largely on my experience, is to recommend keeping the shoulders pulled back, upper back tight, and more of a PL style bench with moderate grip width and elbows at least somewhat tucked (maybe 45 degrees) at the bottom. That tends to keep my shoulders happier in bench/incline pressing. But it may not help or have anything to do with your particular issue.
    Internet Weightlifting Expert.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1759931

"Only people willing to work to the point of discomfort on a regular basis using effective means to produce that discomfort will actually look like they have been other-than-comfortable most of the time." - Mark Rippetoe

TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    @Lifting N Tx

Some good thoughts posted above, definitely appreciate the wisdom shared bud.

TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheMatzah View Post
    You sir, are a wise dude

Me too, SB 25 back in 1990 was the best!

Congrats on those cambered squat PR's --- dayum!

Great work, and thanks for the concern regarding the neck, starting to feel better
    Thanks man! 150kg was a real grinder!!

Originally Posted by bigbrit View Post
    That's so cool when you pump out 3 plates on (technically) a first lift, credit bro.
    Thanks for the kind words mate. I'll be really happy when I can box squat 140kg with the saftey squat bar ...that may take some time though lol.

Originally Posted by FearisFailure View Post
    In on this brah! Mega jealous of that GHR machine and the GHR numbers. My hammies suck Congrats on the 150kg squat too! Some serious numbers up in here nice work.
    Thanks for stopping in on my journal mate. Yeah, I'm very happy with my GHR machine. I've noticed the difference it's made to my hamstrings in terms of strength and size.

Originally Posted by Lifting N Tx View Post
    Nice squatting. Westside, with all the rotation of exercises, would be hard for me to evaluate in terms of progress. Until, that is, I had established PRs for a number of ME exercises, at a time of peak strength levels.

Like the SSB squats. Even if you have a known PR, if it's not from a time when you were near peak strength, it should be easy to improve on. IME it's easy to make progress when you're regaining lost strength, but hard (especially as an older lifter) to exceed all time best strength levels.

Anyway, all that said, when do you think you'll be at a point of being able to tell the effectiveness of your Westside style training in terms of allowing you to exceed previous all-time (prior to injury, forced time off, etc) strength levels for known PRs?

Remind me what tendon? My instinct, based largely on my experience, is to recommend keeping the shoulders pulled back, upper back tight, and more of a PL style bench with moderate grip width and elbows at least somewhat tucked (maybe 45 degrees) at the bottom. That tends to keep my shoulders happier in bench/incline pressing. But it may not help or have anything to do with your particular issue.
    Thanks Steve.

I try not to get too caught up on a massive ME exercise pool like the big elite lifters use. I don't need that kind of exercise rotation at this stage. Atm I only really rotate about 3 different ME squat movements and 3 Deadlift.

Very true about what you say about regaining lost strength and trying to surpass alltime bests.

I'm closing in on my all time bests. Only 10kg (22lbs)off my SQ best and 20kg (44lbs)off my DL. 10kg off my BP too. So it shouldn't be too long before I start to see if things really are working.

It's the infraspinatus tendon. I use a PL technique when BPing. Its never cuased me pain while benching.
    My PowerLifting journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139726173&p=781873953&posted=1#post781873953

Nikon D90

TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    for your time and great work...

i bring back an old friend

isn't it great?

TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TKD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    HAHA thanks man.

I could watch that little ass go away like that for hours!! lol
    My PowerLifting journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139726173&p=781873953&posted=1#post781873953

Nikon D90

Well now I have missed two workouts due to catching some weird bug thing. Apart from yesterday I have had a fever ....delirious here and there..feeling sick...bit no usual cold symtoms. Strange!

Hopefully I will be back on track sunday dammit
    My PowerLifting journal!

Nikon D90

FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FearisFailure is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well now I have missed two workouts due to catching some weird bug thing. Apart from yesterday I have had a fever ....delirious here and there..feeling sick...bit no usual cold symtoms. Strange!

Dammit!! Sound like the symptoms I get before a chest infection kicks in. Hope for your sake its not bro. Get better soon buddy!!
    'I cannot control the outcome, but I CAN control my attitude towards the outcome' - Vitor Belfort @ UFC142 after destroying AJ

only 6lbs of pressure calmlikewind's Avatar
    calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

important thing is don't forget your daily macros and push through mate!
    ASOT Crew| [IIFYM Crew]|alanaragonblog.com|The Legion of Good Samaritans |*Knee Draggers Crew*|☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆|++positive crew++| la vérité

Speak or act with a pure mind
    And happiness will follow you
    As your shadow, unshakable.

you ever down or depressed you can talk to someone about it!

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    HAHA thanks man.

I could watch that little ass go away like that for hours!! lol
    as could i

get well soon TKD

Originally Posted by FearisFailure View Post
    Dammit!! Sound like the symptoms I get before a chest infection kicks in. Hope for your sake its not bro. Get better soon buddy!!
    Hope it ain't a chest infection!!! !!!! Thanks man.

Originally Posted by calmlikewind View Post
    important thing is don't forget your daily macros and push through mate!
    Thats the thing mate, I really don't feel like eating right now. I know I should though.

Originally Posted by TheProgressiveOne View Post
    as could i

get well soon TKD
    Thanks mate
    My PowerLifting journal!

Nikon D90

TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    are u really in sweden? lucky man

are u really in sweden? lucky man
    Yes mate. I live in Sweden. I English though.

Lucky...whys that?
    My PowerLifting journal!

Nikon D90

Yes mate. I live in Sweden. I English though.

Lucky...whys that?
    i went to norway last year and loved it

plus u have REALLY hot women

bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigbrit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is quite exciting, which way are you going bro???
    You say you're departing from WS for a bit are still chasing strength gains?

Do ya like her hat/rack? Feel better

wut i'd do to....

Official Agent of Swole™ jeezyreezy's Avatar
    jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Take care of yourself and get well soon TKD.

i went to norway last year and loved it

plus u have REALLY hot women
    Only been to Norway once but sadly never got to see much.
    I hear ya about the women mate

This is quite exciting, which way are you going bro???
    You say you're departing from WS for a bit are still chasing strength gains?
    I will still be using different bars, bands etc. Basically use what I have learnt from WS. Strength will be a big part of my focus, yes. I'll post the routine up soon.

Originally Posted by TheMatzah View Post
    Do ya like her hat/rack? Feel better

wut i'd do to....
    Oh hell yeah!!!

Originally Posted by jeezyreezy View Post
    Take care of yourself and get well soon TKD.
    THanks buddy. Good to go tommorrow
    My PowerLifting journal!

Nikon D90

glad you're getting better bro!

jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeezyreezy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    THanks buddy. Good to go tommorrow
    Glad to hear it!

This is how I'll be training for a while:

Monday - AM Biceps
    PM Legs/Abs
    Tuesday - Chest/Triceps
    Wednesday - OFF
    Thursday - Back/Abs
    Friday - AM Forearms/Calves
    PM Shoulders/Triceps/Squat
    Saturday - OFF
    Sunday - OFF

For the SQ, DL and BP I will use a three cycle whereas I cycle intensity from 65% - 85%. (DL 75 - 85%)
    Intensity and reps may well just be planned out from week to week, we'll see how it goes.

I'm sure I'll move back to Westside later in the year, but for now this is what I feel I need right now - MORE VOLUME!!!!

So tommorrow is back day
    My PowerLifting journal!

Nikon D90

This is how I'll be training for a while:

Monday - AM Biceps
    PM Legs/Abs
    Tuesday - Chest/Triceps
    Wednesday - OFF
    Thursday - Back/Abs
    Friday - AM Forearms/Calves
    PM Shoulders/Triceps/Squat
    Saturday - OFF
    Sunday - OFF

For the SQ, DL and BP I will use a three cycle whereas I cycle intensity from 65% - 85%. (DL 75 - 85%)
    Intensity and reps may well just be planned out from week to week, we'll see how it goes.

I'm sure I'll move back to Westside later in the year, but for now this is what I feel I need right now - MORE VOLUME!!!!

So tommorrow is back day
    I've always wanted to try an AM/PM split in my training, nicely done.
    Good luck and enjoy...

I've always wanted to try an AM/PM split in my training, nicely done.
    Good luck and enjoy...
    took the words right outta my keyboard.

same here, always envied bro's that had the time and right schedule to do so...

rock it TKD

Yeah thats a sweet split mate! I train "2 a days" now and I love it! Glad your feeling batter as well mate. Time to get back after it

Hmm very different way of trainin mate...

Looks interesting..keen to follow

Thanks guys for the kind words of encouragement!!
    My PowerLifting journal!

Nikon D90

Cool Back

Here we go.....!!!

I started off with 1 scoop of BSN's NO Xplode 2.0 30 mins pre workout!! It served me well I could go on about it not I'd only bore you all to f¤ck! lol

Conventional Deadlift
    60kg x5
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    120kg x1
    140kg x1
    160kg x3
    160kg x3
    160kg x3
    160kg x3
    175kg x3 (385lbs)
    - The top set didn't feel too bad at all. I felt I could have squeezed out 2 more reps for a 5. This would actually have been only 5kg off my all time 5rm. So not bad at all

Power Clean
    40kg x5
    60kg (132lbs)x5
    60kg x5
    60kg x5
    60kg x5
    - The last two sets were had the best form I've ever had on PCs. It's been about two years since I last did these and my 1 rm was only 75kg...I will crush that little PR into last year within a few weeks time!!

BB Row
    40kg x10
    60kg x10 - WG
    60kg x10
    70kg x10 - WG
    70kg x10
    - Very weak here. It's been along time since I last rowed some good weight. 120kg x5 was my best I think.

Back Raise (GHR)
    x10
    x10
    x12
    x10

Standing Pulldowns
    30kg x15
    40kg (88lbs)x12
    40kg x12
    40kg x12
    40kg x12
    40kg x12

CG Pulldowns
    30kg x15
    55kg (121lbs)x10
    55kg x10
    55kg x10
    50kg x10

Glute Ham Raise
    x15
    x20

Comments:
    [b]Crazy session!! I feel very excited about my DL. 190kg x5 is seriously on my mind in about 4 weeks from now!!
    Back raises were done on my GHR machine.
    Very happy with the power cleans.

A damn good session
    My PowerLifting journal!

Nikon D90

reps for great pre-workout choice

reps for translation from kg to lbs?

Nice variety of exercises, I'm sure you're feeling good!

Written props for having a great training day back at it.

props

Wow, way to start back with a bang. You posted some huge numbers and a ton of sets!

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast