BattlingMaxo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how much fat to lose before belly goes away

I have been on my maintenance minus 500 cal a day for 8 weeks now and it's really working but my belly, which has gone down ( about 3/4 inch now) is STILL there. I am starting to worry that i will waste away to nothing before that belly disappears. I know spot reducing does not work but is there anything that would help melt my belly down?

BM

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nothing is going to help other than a caloric deficit. You just have to be patient and keep cutting down your body fat, eventually it'll go away and be a thing of the past. Keep at it sir.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BattlingMaxo View Post
    I have been on my maintenance minus 500 cal a day for 8 weeks now and it's really working but my belly, which has gone down ( about 3/4 inch now) is STILL there. I am starting to worry that i will waste away to nothing before that belly disappears. I know spot reducing does not work but is there anything that would help melt my belly down?

BM
    How much fat? Probably a lot more than you think. My original plan was to drop 10lbs, then 15... I'm down 32 now, heading for 40 but I'm actually pretty sure now that I understand things better and have leaned out a lot, it's going to put me where I want.

The only thing that really helps is consistency and patience. Stay consistent with the deficit and workouts (do lift heavy, often) and be patient. Avoid the bro-science BS that is all over the web.

I will tell you this: I swore that below 175lbs I was going to look like a twig, at ~161 I look far better and more muscular than I did 30lbs ago, the illusion at least is the I look bigger. We're guys (I assume you are), we're genetically inclined to lose the gut and lower back last. You'll burn most of the rest of the fat off of your body (lean chest, lean arms, lean upper back) before the gut goes and there is not much you can do about it.
    Now cutting: Got a little more squishy than I wanted, heading down to 160lbs and seeing how things look.

5/24/13 176lbs
    5/31/13 174lbs
    6/06/13 172.5lbs
    6/14/13 172lbs (? :/)
    6/21/13 170.5lbs
    7/06/13 171 lbs (Gasp blew my diet at Dollywood, must give up and become couch potato).

Qui audet adipiscitur
    Bis vivit qui bene vivit

13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could work on your abs but that might even push out more stomach more. Just keep at it. Also height/weight?

diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm on the same boat, man....I was 270 in 2009 and figured 205-210 for my build would be good, Well...I'm 203 now and I still have a bit of a gut!

Eventually fat will be gone from everywhere else then it will be burned from the stomach (atleast that's what i'm telling myself) I know I still have a solid 20-30 more pounds to go and it's a slow process but I feel great and adding years to my life!

No rush, it will happen! Just keep working at it.
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8

Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chyral has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 6 0,159 lbs but i still have love handles and a little belly.Sad panda

BradleyJB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradleyJB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradleyJB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradleyJB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradleyJB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BradleyJB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in the same boat, and basically you have a decision to make and just stick with which way you wanna go. If you don't want to be a super skinny then start bulking and worry about cutting down and getting that six pack when you have more muscle put on. Or just keep sticking with the cut until your BF% is to where you like, you may look super thin but from then on you can start slowly bulking and building up the physique. I chose the second option and will stick with cutting till I am either at less than 12% BF or until the end of the year. I am at around 14 - 15% right now so I feel that is obtainable by the end of the year.

drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drvali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At 5'8", 170lb I started running like a mad man to lose those last 5lb, since I could see some abs... (keyword is some).
    1.5 years later at 145lb i kind of see the first two rows, depending on what I eat that day, and still have a long way to go.
    (gym weight stayed stayed almost the same so didn't lose much muscle, can bench more than my weight)

After what I learned during this time, I would not be surprised if I still have to lose another 15-20lb to reach 4 to 5% body fat (but then every breeze will blow me away).
    Long story short, if you have to ask, you have a loooong way to go. (But I was 220-240lb 3 years ago, and I have abs, some days... so it can be done)

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by drvali View Post

if you have to ask, you have a loooong way to go.
    That's a good way of putting it
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

I'm 5 8" was 162 lbs when i started, not sure how many lbs i lost( don't want to weigh myself, I might be disappointed) I was never really fat, Thanks for the quick replies, it helps to know others are in my position.
    It leads me to ask one question that is related. I have asked my BF on other posts. When i go to those online bf measuring sites they are inconsistent, and some will have you measure more body parts than other sites. The results are 22% or 19% or 17% one even said 14% BF depending on the formula they use. is there a site that actually is acurate? It would help a lot.

BM

ovalles82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovalles82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovalles82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovalles82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovalles82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BattlingMaxo View Post
    I'm 5 8" was 162 lbs when i started, not sure how many lbs i lost( don't want to weigh myself, I might be disappointed) I was never really fat, Thanks for the quick replies, it helps to know others are in my position.
    It leads me to ask one question that is related. I have asked my BF on other posts. When i go to those online bf measuring sites they are inconsistent, and some will have you measure more body parts than other sites. The results are 22% or 19% or 17% one even said 14% BF depending on the formula they use. is there a site that actually is acurate? It would help a lot.

BM
    Are you using a fat caliper or measure tape? caliper method are more accurate in my opinion. i usually estimate my body fat percentage with caliper and Jackson-Pollock 7 site test, the % result may still have some error, but it provides a good idea of your progress (using the same methodology along several weeks)
    Check out my Body Fat tracker/calculator app for Android devices!
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wargon.fatlog

Just usng a measure tape and like i said different sites measure different parts and use different formulas

BM

mria123456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How can i cut down body fat quickly to reduce my belly.