wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

have a bit of a gut 17% bf super sucky

considering I don't have a lot of muscle mass, what would you guys do? Bulk it up then cut or cut to around 10 or 11 bf then bulk up.

I'm concerned about losing the muscle that I have built so committing to a full on cut scares me a little.
    Opinions ?

triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triggerthug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wizzle89 View Post
    considering I don't have a lot of muscle mass, what would you guys do? Bulk it up then cut or cut to around 10 or 11 bf then bulk up.

I'm concerned about losing the muscle that I have built so committing to a full on cut scares me a little.
    Opinions ?
    The short and sweet... you will lose muscle when you cut. Most people will say to cut down to see what you're working with, then decide where you want to start sculpting.

ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wizzle89 View Post

Opinions ?
    If you are sensible with your calorie deficit (10-20%), eat more protein than normal and lift hard, you won't lose much muscle - you will some lose lean body mass, but not much muscle.
    hi (╯°□°)╯┻━┻

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You will lose muscle whilst cutting. Living in the conditions where you're minimising muscle expenditure is what you need to aiming for. Keeping protein high, lifting heavy and getting your rest.
    Currently cutting.

All you need is Vegemite FourToEight's Avatar
    FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FourToEight has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ThatWei View Post
    If you are sensible with your calorie deficit (10-20%), eat more protein than normal and lift hard, you won't lose much muscle - you will some lose lean body mass, but not much muscle.
    This, most people go full retard when they cut, they don't eat enough, they don't lift hard and then they wonder why they lose muscle.
    Be sensible OP, good luck!
    Start: 18/8/2011 = 145lbs
    Current: 3/11/2011 = 160.05560234631lbs
    I don't even lift, I just eat loads and pray it all turns into muscle

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    cut til 10ish or maybe even a tad leaner then bulk. you're not going to loser the hard earned muscle if you lift heavy and eat enough protein and not too low on the cals. and you will look much better. from what i see on your profile pic, you should have a decent base to cut to. better than mine i'm sure.

wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wizzle89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thanks a lot for the recommendations guys. Commence cut phase.

robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by triggerthug View Post
    The short and sweet... you will lose muscle when you cut. Most people will say to cut down to see what you're working with, then decide where you want to start sculpting.
    Actually studies have shown that muscle mass is retained, even with a calorie deficit, as long as you lift weights 3 times a week.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by robmed
    Actually studies have shown that muscle mass is retained, even with a calorie deficit, as long as you lift weights 3 times a week.
    what he's saying is that a certain degree of muscle/lean body mass is inevitable during a cut, at least when you get to the point of being really lean. and he's correct.