Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Your Hate=My Motivation Eaglepride03's Avatar
    Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Eaglepride03's New Log "Grind Time: ALL OR NOTHING"********

Since I haven't been on here in a while, I guess I should let everyone know how the season went for me. to sum it up: not as well as I expected. I came down with tonsilitis AGAIN (2nd year in a row) and went from 185 down to about 165. I'm just going to go ahead and get my tonsils taken out next month. Right now, I'm at about 170 pounds. I missed about half of the season, meaning I only played in 5 games. in those 5 games, however, I made the most of them. over the season, i recorded 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, and 17 tackles (9 solo) at Cornerback. Offensively at Running Back, I recorded 4 rushing touchdowns and 514 rushing yards. I am also considering transferring from my current school to another school because of issues with the coaching staff. Overall, I had a was given a short stick but made the most of what i had in my opinion.

I will be getting accurate stats very soon. Actually, my current bench, squat, height, weight, and vertical jump will probably be recorded today. But based off of what my stats used to be at recent points, here's what I have:

Current Stats:

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 170 lbs
    40 yard dash: unsure
    shuttle: 4.21 (fastest clocked time)
    bench press: 225 lbs (dropped a ton during the season)
    Squat: unsure
    Vertical: 30" (best recorded jump)

Goals for this offseason:

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: solid 195-200 lbs
    40 yard dash: 4.46 secs
    shuttle: 4.00 secs
    bench press: 315 lbs
    Squat: 600 lbs
    Vertical: 35"

Got my diet together. My lifting starts on Monday, but my diet has been incorporated throughout the week. Here's my diet: 4000 calories

Breakfast: 890+ calories
    -1 cup of oatmeal (300 cal)
    -2 to 3 cups of milk(260+ cal)
    -2 or more eggs (140+)
    -2+ tsp peanut butter (190)
    -fish oils/multivitamin

snack: 370
    -Protein shake (2 scoops: 240)
    -8 oz milk (130)

Lunch: 320
    -tuna/turkey/chicken/roast beef sandwich w/ lettuce (340)
    -Water or powerade
    -fruit

Pre-Workout: 370
    -Protein shake (2 scoops: 240)
    -8 oz milk (130)
    -fish oils

Post-Workout: 500
    -Protein shake (240)
    -8 oz Apple Juice (130)
    -Water

Dinner (1 hr after post-workout): 560-700
    -Whatever is cooked by parents
    -Or peanut butter and jelly sandwich w/ 16 oz. chocolate milk (560)
    -Or 2 "steakum" sandwiches w/ 16 oz. chocolate milk (680)

midnight snack: 610
    -1 cup cottage cheese (160)
    -2 tsp peanut butter (190)
    -16 oz milk (260)
    -fish oil/multivitamins

Im going to get there! I promise!
    Last edited by Eaglepride03; 11-11-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    My Journal to D1 Football: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139625333

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." - Vince Lombardi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50) m3dude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good luck bro but some of your goals seem extremely unrealistic for 1 off season of training

Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
    good luck bro but some of your goals seem extremely unrealistic for 1 off season of training
    heard that before. but thanks
    My Journal to D1 Football: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139625333

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." - Vince Lombardi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Got my bench and chin-up maxes today. Started to squat, but didn't finish. will try to max on squat tomorrow.

Bench: 230 (could have gotten 235, but for some reason i just stalled at the top, so ill call it 230.)

Chin-Ups: 15 reps

NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey glad to see you started a new log, just finished my freshman year of football and am trying to do what you did(heard you got an offer from UNC, congrats.) Good luck on your stats man, and you got any idea where you wanna go play?

Originally Posted by NHfootball View Post
    hey glad to see you started a new log, just finished my freshman year of football and am trying to do what you did(heard you got an offer from UNC, congrats.) Good luck on your stats man, and you got any idea where you wanna go play?
    Nah not yet. I will actually be taking unofficial visits to Stanford and USC next weekend. That's gonna be a long flight from where I'm at (Maryland), so one of them might offer considering the distance i'm traveling. So things are still open.

NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eaglepride03 View Post
    Nah not yet. I will actually be taking unofficial visits to Stanford and USC next weekend. That's gonna be a long flight from where I'm at (Maryland), so one of them might offer considering the distance i'm traveling. So things are still open.
    still really cool as far as im concerned, btw besides being really good, are there any tips or ways you know of to get a rivals recruiting profile?

Originally Posted by NHfootball View Post
    still really cool as far as im concerned, btw besides being really good, are there any tips or ways you know of to get a rivals recruiting profile?
    Not really. you can try sending their staff an email telling them about yourself and asking them to set you up an account. But even when you do that, they will still do some type of homework on you and look up information (i.e. internet, calling your school, etc.) to confirm it.

Got my weight today.

Morning weight: 170.0 lbs

Night weight:173.4 lbs

First workout starts tomorrow. tomorrow's upper body. I'm still editing my program. Should be finished by the end of tonight. It consists of sprints, plyometrics, and lifting all offseason as opposed to just lifting early and slowly working into plyos and sprints (like I did last year). Credit goes to Moose45's website www.boostfootball.com for the sprints and plyometric work. will also be using some of his lifting methods as well.

Week 1

Monday - Plyometrics + ME Upper Body

Plyometrics

High Pogo Jumps - 3 sets x 10 reps
    Hands Behind head Squat Jumps - 4x5
    Max Jumps (no running start) - 4x1

Bench Press
    Bar - 3 sets of 10
    95x3
    95x3
    95x3
    135x3
    135x3
    135x3
    185x3
    185x3
    185x3
    215x3
    235x2 (2nd rep w/ help of spotter)

Lat Pulldowns (Wide Grip) SS Lat Pulldowns (Close Grip)
    40x10 SS 40x10
    70x10 SS 70x10
    90x10 SS 90x10
    110x7 SS 110x8
    130x2 SS 130x2

DB Rows SS Band Pull-Aparts
    55x10 SS 15 reps
    75x10 SS 15 reps
    95x10 SS 15 reps

Barbell Curls
    65x10
    75x10
    85x10

Summary

Back in it baby! Feels good. Just got home from school about 30-40 minutes ago, and I stripped down and stepped on the scale. Already back up to 174.0 pounds. 200 is definitely reachable. I also see myself benching over 300 pounds easily by next season.

Motivation: Patrick Peterson

Time to get after this sh*t!

Last edited by Eaglepride03; 11-16-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Week 1

Tuesday - ME Lower Body

[/size]

Warm-Up
    Jumping Jacks x15
    Body Squats x10
    Squat Jumps x5
    Hip Flexor Stretch x20 seconds ea
    Fire Hydrants x10 each leg (fwd and bckwrd)

Agility Ladder: up and back
    1 foot in
    2 feet in
    In and out
    Icky shuffle
    Backwards Icky Shuffle

Positional Drills: 1 rep each
    Backpedal (20 yds)
    Backpedal 15, break up
    Backpedal 15, break up 45 left
    Backpedal 15, break up 45 right
    Backpedal 15, open up 45 left
    Backpedal 15, open up 45 right
    Backpedal 10, speed turn left then right
    Backpedal 10, speed turn right then left

ATG Squats
    Bar - x5
    95x5
    135x5
    185x5
    215x3
    235x1
    260x1
    285x1
    300x1

Walking DB Lunges
    55x6
    55x6
    55x6

Natural Glute Ham Raises
    12 reps
    12 reps
    12 reps

Weighted Eagle Spread Sit-Ups
    45x15
    45x15
    45x15
    45x15

Summary

Solid workout. Wanted to run some sprints before hitting the weight room, but didn't due to rain, mud, and lack of sunlight. Also forgot to do my weighted jumps before my squats (pretty pissed because of that). But oh well, guess ill get em in next time. Besides, my legs are beat from Mondays plyos and the lifting. Feels good to have Wednesday off. Gonna foam roll, stretch, and perform some other recovery techniques. Might do some light neck and forearm exercises too.

[/center]
    Last edited by Eaglepride03; 11-16-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Heading to Duke tonight for an unofficial visit for their game tomorrow at 12:30PM (ET) against Georgia Tech. Don't have time to update my log right now. Will update it when I come back. Hopefully I will get offered tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Was also suppose to get my leg workout in today, but I will bump it to tomorrow when I get back home.

Ukarreras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man, been following your progress for a while. Have to say your a real inspiration and I envy your work ethic. Im playing football in UK leagues but im hoping to go to college in the US, perhaps tryout for student body trials. Keep up hard work you'll get everything you deserve.

Originally Posted by Ukarreras View Post
    Hey man, been following your progress for a while. Have to say your a real inspiration and I envy your work ethic. Im playing football in UK leagues but im hoping to go to college in the US, perhaps tryout for student body trials. Keep up hard work you'll get everything you deserve.
    Thanks bro, I appreciate it. good luck to you and your journey as well.

Just checking in. I'm still here and I have still been working my ass off (for anyone who has been wondering). I've been REALLY busy with unofficial visits to schools these past two weeks. Two weeks ago i went to Duke and this past weekend I flew out to Stanford to attend their night game against Notre Dame. Keep in mind I flew from Maryland, so thats 14 hours of flying in about 2 and a half days.

I must say, however, flying out to Stanford was well worth it. This is what happened: I flew out there the day after thanksgiving and got there around 11pm. the next morning, I attended breakfast with the coaches and they all introduced themselves to me and told me about how interested they were in me attending their school. My mother (who played basketball at the University of Virignia, is now an All-time All-ACC Hall-of-Famer, UVA Hall-of-Famer, as well as an All-Time UVA Best Starting Five) played basketball with the Stanford women's head basketball coach. We met up and coincidentally she was neighbors with about 3 of the football coaches. She was telling me that they told her they had heard a lot about me and that they wanted all of us to meet after the game at her house. After the game, the coaches found me and we went back to my mom's friend's house. We talked for a while and they verbally offered me as a cornerback on the visit.

Stanford is different than most schools in regards to offering athletes. Because they are so academically profound, they make all of their athletes meet the minimum requirements of their regular students. Their minimum requirements aren't difficult for me, but I still have to take my SAT and ACT. When I reach the minimum requirements on both or one of those, I should be ok. I must say I truly LOVED it there.

The head coach told me to call him tomorrow as well as a couple of the assistant coaches. So I will definitely do that.

Oh yeah, by the way:
    morning weight: 174.4
    Night weight: 178.4

The lady's birthday is Friday by the way, so I'll probably have to get in an early morning workout so I can take her out to dinner later (general knowledge lol).
    Last edited by Eaglepride03; 12-01-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000) Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000) Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000) Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000) Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000) Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000) Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000) Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000) Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000) Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000) Frootloops is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man I wish you Best of luck...Slacked off in highschool and i want to pursue playing college since i just moved to us. I'm in on this and goodluck my dude

Originally Posted by Frootloops View Post
    Man I wish you Best of luck...Slacked off in highschool and i want to pursue playing college since i just moved to us. I'm in on this and goodluck my dude
    Thanks bruh. best of luck to you

someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) someone480 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How's the training going man? I only got to play in 5 games this year to cuz of a couple injuries. Sucks cuz it was my senior year. I'll be checkin in on your page man. My stats are pretty similar to yours so I'll be comparing them throughout the offseason. haha Good luck man!

danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danio94ns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rutgers.rivals. com/ barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content. asp&cid=1318645&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid= - nice man.

Please man say something

ok, everyone can breathe now. im not completely gone lol. training's been going well. Had to stop for about two weeks because i finally got my tonsils removed (THAT MEANS NO MORE DAMN TONSILLITIS!). the downside of that story is, however, i happened to lose a lot of weight over that two-week period of resting. I went from about 178 pounds down to 162 pounds. now (a week after the recovery process), I'm sitting at about 168-170 pounds. this time i didn't really get as emotionally drained as i did before due to the weight loss... guess that's what happens when it occurs three times in a row. but anyway, I'm back in the weight room! time to get it! working with my trainer tomorrow at 7pm.

By the way, I'm also going to be transferring schools on Thursday of this week. Me and the coaches aren't the best blend, and we haven't been for the last 3 years. I refuse to let that issue affect my senior year. I haven't completely balled out like I know i can, and I want to do that somewhere else other than the school I'm at now. The front office has literally been pulling me aside at least once a day for the last week or so trying to convince me to stay at the school, but i just cant do it. I wont do it.

Last thing, I will be playing 7-on-7 this winter/spring as well. We had tryouts the other day. I didn't try out due to my surgery recovery, but that was cool with the coaches since they all knew who i was and what I could do on the field, even though they hadn't seen me personally a day in their lives. there were a lot of major top notch D1 recruits there. call me cocky if you want to, but I am UNDOUBTEDLY better than ALLLLL of them... Cant wait to get out there and **** on the competition!

But yea, I will try to be on here a lot more. sorry to everyone keeping up with my log for the long vacation. I apologize!

Originally Posted by danio94ns View Post
    rutgers.rivals. com/ barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content. asp&cid=1318645&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid= - nice man.

Please man say something
    thanks bro. and i just posted something bro.

Originally Posted by someone480 View Post
    How's the training going man? I only got to play in 5 games this year to cuz of a couple injuries. Sucks cuz it was my senior year. I'll be checkin in on your page man. My stats are pretty similar to yours so I'll be comparing them throughout the offseason. haha Good luck man!
    good luck to you to bruh. and damn, thats sucks. you have any offers? and definitely compare our stats. im always up for a little competition!

DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ay Bra you pretty fast and seem legit. Do you think I should run track for spring and lose 5-10 pounds and not lift much (P.s our track team dont really lift ) over the course of track season or shoud I just keep weight training and doing ladder drills and plyos and run hill sprints on about a 40-50 yard hill and hope I get faster lol ?

Originally Posted by DLB13 View Post
    Ay Bra you pretty fast and seem legit. Do you think I should run track for spring and lose 5-10 pounds and not lift much (P.s our track team dont really lift ) over the course of track season or shoud I just keep weight training and doing ladder drills and plyos and run hill sprints on about a 40-50 yard hill and hope I get faster lol ?
    You never want to be out of the weight room too long, so i would definitely say the second option. or you can also always run track, construct a weightlifting routine to fit your track schedule and lift on your own. if you do that though, make sure you use good judgement on when and not your body is well enough to actually lift. You don't want to overtrain. also, consider how good your track coaches are. do they actually get you faster? or do they treat it like a recreational activity (like a lot of them do)? just use good judgement bruh.

Week 1 (Back from surgery)

Tuesday - Lower body (w/ Trainer)

Trap Bar Deadlifts
    50x10 (25 lbs each side)
    90x10
    140x10
    180x10
    230x6
    250x3

Trap Bar Explosive Jumps
    50x10
    90x10
    90x10
    90x10

Alternate DB Lunges
    45x10 each leg
    50x8 each leg
    55x6 each leg

Leg Extensions
    *Start at good warm-up weight. constantly increase weight until failure. Max of 10 reps each*
    Racked out.

Leg Curls
    *Start at good warm-up weight. constantly increase weight until failure. Max of 10 reps each*
    almost racked out (2 from bottom)

Reverse Hypers
    90x10
    90x10
    90x10

Toe Touches
    100 total reps.
    35 reps
    35 reps
    30 reps

Summary

Solid workout. felt VERY weak in there though. the next day after the workout, however, my weight was at 174 pounds. felt good to be back in business.

Motivation

Week 1

Thursday - Upper Body (w/ Trainer)

Triceps Pushdowns (SS w/ 3 different bars and grips)
    *Work up to failure. max of 10*

Lat Pulldowns (SS w/ 3 different bars and grips)
    *work up to failure. max of 10*

Machine Rear Delt Flyes (SS w/ overhand and regular grips)
    30x10 SS 30x10
    30x10 SS 30x10
    30x10 SS 30x10
    30x10 SS 30x10

Machine Chest Flyes
    30x10
    40x10
    50x10
    60x8
    70x6

Standing DB Partial Power Cleans SS Push-ups (NO REST)
    55x(as many as possible: 8) SS 10 reps
    50x6 SS 10 reps
    45x7 SS 10 reps
    35x9 SS 10 reps
    30x8 SS 10 reps
    25x10 SS (As many as possible: 14 reps)

Rotator cuff exercises w/ resistance band
    exterior rotations 2 sets of 15 each
    interior rotations 2 sets of 15
    vertical rotations 2 sets of 15

Preacher Curls
    50x10
    55x8

Summary

Great workout. Weight finally coming back. weighed in at 176.6 pounds post workout.

Motivation

Watch this video. this some real sh*t

redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    diet unchanged? same as from beginning?
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

Originally Posted by redfield11 View Post
    diet unchanged? same as from beginning?
    yea for the most part. For my snacks now, I drink a weight gainer instead of just regular protein. I also drink 2 cups of fruit juice for carbs post-workout and pre-workout. So essentially, I'm taking in about 650 calories pre-workout and post-workout as opposed to 500 like before.

gonna probably get in some field work today. gonna probably hit this agility ladder, some Defensive Back drills, and get into some speed training. I might get my brother to come with me so he can time my 40-yard dash for me. If i do, ill log it later.

Morning weight: 172.2 pounds

Got in some agility and positional work today. Didn't run my 40. I dont have my car right now and I didn't feel like riding my bike to the field (about a 20 minute ride). Not going to log the DB workout, but its just simple cuts and keys I went over.

Agility Ladder (down and back):
    -1 foot in
    -2 feet in
    -icky shuffle
    -in and out