vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Daily chinups/dive bombers/lunges vs Gym?

I've been doing chinups, dive bombers, dips and lunges (3 x10) and it seems like I'm making better progress than at the gym on machines/benches. I do these daily and throw in the evil wheel for abs. This has been going on since March when I hurt my small finger and couldn't hold a bar. Just modified workouts around injuries. Thinking maybe progress could be from changing workouts or I was slacking at the gym way worse than I knew. Progress is progress so I'm heading in the right direction.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by vp63 View Post
    I've been doing chinups, dive bombers, dips and lunges (3 x10) and it seems like I'm making better progress than at the gym on machines/benches.
    Is this a troll?

This is a troll right?

What where you doing at the gym? Sitting on a Swiss ball, balanced on a Bosu Ball doing shoulder presses with the pink barbells from the ladies only section?

Just Curious.

broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Is this a troll?

This is a troll right?

What where you doing at the gym? Sitting on a Swiss ball, balanced on a Bosu Ball doing shoulder presses with the pink barbells from the ladies only section?

Just Curious.
    Not a troll. He is utilizing high frequency training which has been shown to increase size and strength even in bodyweight programs. The stimulation may not be as high as in strictly load bearing programs, but it is there. I think he should stick with it until he is well enough to return to the gym and begin incorporating those exercises into whatever routine is picked up then.
    Last edited by broad.stance; 11-07-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Minor phrase correction
    Hums the theme to Superman during planks and LYTPs. Now that you've read this, you will too.

All right boys, now watch how this is done. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.
    Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.
    -- Peter Griffin

Go down the line:
    http://www.greatergood.com