Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Los_Diablo View Post
    A good nutritionist saves more lives than a doctor ever will
    So does Batman
    FKK - Elastic waisted jeans are fashionable too.

If you feel bench presses most in your spotter's biceps, you're doing it wrong

"Don't take diet advice from hippies" - Martin Berkhan

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Posted a short response. I think his last entry was at-least borderline decent, though he got too mouthy and the end was still fairly bashful.

I sure do hope he takes the time to actually shoot direct studies and articles at Alan, so he can shoot them down, one by one. I mean how can you even start to respond him when it's exactly like Alan said. He's talking more philosophy than science. Appealing to authority and dismissing certain scientific evidence cause he doesn't "believe" in it based on personal experience. N=1. (Or maybe his father too... yeah, N=2).
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ArchangelEST View Post
    Posted a short response. I think his last entry was at-least borderline decent, though he got too mouthy and the end was still fairly bashful.

I sure do hope he takes the time to actually shoot direct studies and articles at Alan, so he can shoot them down, one by one. I mean how can you even start to respond him when it's exactly like Alan said. He's talking more philosophy than science. Appealing to authority and dismissing certain scientific evidence cause he doesn't "believe" in it based on personal experience. N=1. (Or maybe his father too... yeah, N=2).
    hey lets not forget that ancient Chinese adage

N=infinite

eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eudamonia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    ^Yay... Another poorly controlled/ad libitum comparison where they failed (miserably) to match total kcals & macronutrition.
    Alan would you mind pointing out what specifically you saw wrong with how they matched total kcals and macros? The paleo test group appears to be in a slight caloric deficit while the Mediterranean test group was in a slight surplus. Although this would certainly factor into weight/loss gain of the groups I don't see how it would cause the paleo test group to report more satiety. I would expect just the opposite.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by eudamonia View Post
    Alan would you mind pointing out what specifically you saw wrong with how they matched total kcals and macros? The paleo test group appears to be in a slight caloric deficit while the Mediterranean test group was in a slight surplus. Although this would certainly factor into weight/loss gain of the groups I don't see how it would cause the paleo test group to report more satiety. I would expect just the opposite.
    Look again at my post: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post776300393

I wouldn't necessarily expect less satiety out of the Paleo group given that they had a higher proportion of protein, and also the primary carb source was fruit, which tends to be more satiating on a per-kcal basis than the grain-based carb sources in the Mediterranean diet. You also have to consider that satiety ratings are a subjective measure. I'll quote the authors' speculation (which essentially boils down to the difference in macronutrition):

"Instead, the significantly lower carbohydrate intake in both absolute and relative terms, paired with the greater relative protein intake, could cause the greater satiating capacity of the Paleolithic diet."