Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by grahhl View Post
    Also, EL OH EL, it's funny how no one is even bothering to discuss the 'exercise science' in the article...I guess everyone already knows it's bullshi-it. LMAO, I was like, LMAO
    There's nothing wrong with the exercise science in the article it's based on siff and verkhoshansky and anybody who has read about sports performance should understand shock method and overspeed eccentrics/ accommodating resistance(which is incorporated alot by westside). Are depth drops and jumps really applicable or necessary for powerlifting? Not really. Is the science behind them in that format really appropriate or useful for the elitefts readers? Not really.

But there's nothing wrong with the actual article or methods it just isn't really useful for that audience. These methods are employed pretty much universally for modern track athletes and are what allowed Russia to dominate track and field for a brief period before the better US coaches learnt how to use them.

edit: If you actually are interested in learning about them this Kelly Baggett article is a bit more practical and easy to follow. http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/shockmethods.html
    Last edited by jcameron28; 11-02-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    Aesthetic goals: achieve doyouevenliftmode

Just Miscing my life away grahhl's Avatar
    grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jcameron28 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the exercise science in the article it's based on siff and verkhoshansky and anybody who has read about sports performance should understand shock method and overspeed eccentrics/ accommodating resistance(which is incorporated alot by westside). Are depth drops and jumps really applicable or necessary for powerlifting? Not really. Is the science behind them in that format really appropriate or useful for the elitefts readers? Not really.

But there's nothing wrong with the actual article or methods it just isn't really useful for that audience. These methods are employed pretty much universally for modern track athletes and are what allowed Russia to dominate track and field for a brief period before the better US coaches learnt how to use them.

edit: If you actually are interested in learning about them this Kelly Baggett article is a bit more practical and easy to follow. http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/shockmethods.html
    Sorry, my bad, I should've been more careful with my words: I was referring to the way the author was trying to make it seem as though he has uncovered some super secret training method and using words like 'yielding phase' rather than eccentric, etc.

For all I know the science may be sound, I just read the first paragraph, had flashbacks of a few years ago when I used to read T-Nation, saw the author's name, and closed the window.

coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IronAbrams View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed that this was an EFS Classic article, not a new one, meaning that it was written around 2004-2005?
    Did you happen to notice that it was published on Oct 29, 2011?
    615/385/635

Just Miscing my life away grahhl's Avatar
    grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grahhl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by coachdeez View Post
    Did you happen to notice that it was published on Oct 29, 2011?
    I think you mean RE-published. EFS has lately been republishing loads of old articles and calling them 'efs classics'.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you mean RE-published. EFS has lately been republishing loads of old articles and calling them 'efs classics'.
    exactly. which is why I didnt bust a nut over this.

jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sorry, my bad, I should've been more careful with my words: I was referring to the way the author was trying to make it seem as though he has uncovered some super secret training method and using words like 'yielding phase' rather than eccentric, etc.

For all I know the science may be sound, I just read the first paragraph, had flashbacks of a few years ago when I used to read T-Nation, saw the author's name, and closed the window.
    I can definitely agree that everything seems to be rehashed these days. Besides the whole Broz thing and some glute stuff by Bret Contreras there hasn't been anything new or interesting in popular strength training in the last while. T-nation has pretty much been a big circle jerk and biotest add.

I think if you want new training info for powerlifting that hasn't been said 100 times it might be time to translate European articles that weren't written 30 years ago. That is probably where any relevant new information is. Funnily enough these will probably have words like "yielding phase" in them if they are direct translations haha.
    Aesthetic goals: achieve doyouevenliftmode

ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    The internet has destroyed powerlifting. Plain and simple.

The internet did not destroy anything. POWERLIFTING and BODYBUILDING on the other hand, destroyed weightlifting.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ViKtoricus View Post
    The internet did not destroy anything. POWERLIFTING and BODYBUILDING on the other hand, destroyed weightlifting.
    proof?

talking out of your ass again/still trolling?

I think the latter.

oh, and Weightlifting (in the USA at least) mostly "destroyed" itself... I put destroyed in quotes because it hasn't been destroyed, you're just a moron.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ViKtoricus View Post
    Oh, he mad...
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

The New World Vulture TheAndeanCondor's Avatar
    TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAndeanCondor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tate was a decent lifter, a pretty good coach, and had a decent mind for business.

However, EFS has reached its limit. It's alienating the guys who made it a cult success in the first place (the Westside meatheads), look at the articles five years ago about the Conjugate method vs now. The perpetual and ubiquitous strike-out "retail prices" and exuberant "our prices", combined with the continuously nagging sales emails just says middle american thrift store trying to make it big.
    Soar like the condor and conquer your dreams!

RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    We will now discuss a special form of strength training that I call
    “kinetic energy accumulation training” (or KEAT).
    Does that mean if you do it twice it's "Pair o' KEAT" training?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by RMBros; 11-03-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Added Pic
    No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service.

beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheAndeanCondor View Post
    Tate was a decent lifter, a pretty good coach, and had a decent mind for business.

However, EFS has reached its limit. It's alienating the guys who made it a cult success in the first place (the Westside meatheads), look at the articles five years ago about the Conjugate method vs now. The perpetual and ubiquitous strike-out "retail prices" and exuberant "our prices", combined with the continuously nagging sales emails just says middle american thrift store trying to make it big.

There is only so much you can say about lifting weights. It would literally be impossible to put out super high quality articles about lifting on a daily basis over an extended period of time.