Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Eighttroy19 View Post
    205+ will finally be mine tomorrow! Ass and hammies were destroyed the next morning, and not as much low back soreness as conventional dls afer!

And the chinup thing... My OH Press hasnt been going up on 5/3/1, but its been working quite well for my other lifts so I dont wanna stop 5/3/1 so i just decided to do an upper body pull as my main lift that day then after maybe sets of 5 on incline?

MOTHER OF GOD!:O
    Instead of completely swapping... use Incline as your upper body push (substitute with press) and keep chins in there as well?

Originally Posted by IzzyT View Post
    Mark, look at the action of your heels during the descent and then right as you begin the ascent. Do you see how you dig them in and drive them down? You lost your arch because you didn't keep your heels driven into the ground. Now, look at the top of your reps as you lock out. Specifically, look at your shoulder height and the bar height. You're exaggerating the lockout and unpinning your shoulders. If you had the same tightness from rep 1 to rep 5, you would not have missed rep 5.

The biggest problems, IMO, in order are:
    1) You need to keep your heels driven into the ground at all times
    2) You need to maintain upperback tightness through the lockout.
    3) Your breathing sucks. Do not breathe completely out and then take a full new breathe at the top.

ALL of these things are a result of you relaxing at the top of each rep. This set, unlike previous sets I've seen from you, looked like a group of singles. You can chill at the top for a few seconds, but you CANNOT relax everything and then expect to reset your tightness on the way down.

A strict powerlifting set up is extremely uncomfortable and your entire body must work in concert to keep it maintained throughout the duration of the set. Do not relax ANYTHING between reps.
    Cheers. I'll focus on those.

Originally Posted by Mvick07 View Post
    nice! squat was definitely better than the 385

and that bench is doing work, still looks weird though...you like going that low? (where you touch)
    I think I went lower than I normally do on Monday (srs). Form felt awkward all over. I'll fix it up - don't worry haha

Originally Posted by parachuter View Post
    wow, madcows is doing you well man

how much you eating per day?
    About 4k a day I guess. I gotta step it up

Originally Posted by My_Legacy View Post
    Good squatting Baco...looks like you got me. 390 for 3 vs 385 for 2. You may have 405 for 3 in 10 days..insane!
    Originally Posted by JohnB46 View Post
    might as well cry myself to sleep
    Originally Posted by travisLORD View Post
    repped: one of the miscers who ACTUALLY make progress.

gjdm
    Originally Posted by InfiniteExcel View Post
    390x3 squat..RESPECT

You have me beat. Not for very long, this I promise you. You have me sitting here very motivated!
    Originally Posted by Mayweatherjr View Post
    Baco's a savage beast. He hits three ninety for three. Cold as a g, his heart's frozen it don't even beat. So expect no apologies.
    Originally Posted by nkboston View Post
    Just checkin' in and squats are lookin' great as usual baco. Nice bench PR too bro. Lots of PRs in hurr.
    Originally Posted by Ryandrummer View Post
    ...tree niny squat...

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg39/scaled.php?server=39&filename=brofist02.jpg&res=me dium[/imasg]

wat
    Haha thanks guys!!!!!

Originally Posted by kaoslegend View Post
    fark baco man, squats are getting strong! when you maxing out?
    Not gonna max out until I'm confident I can hit 455+
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    agree

i wish i had that much time on my hands
    lol you'll be mad at what I just did.

Originally Posted by BigBoss2 View Post
    back to the topic, bacoman you're in beastmode.
    Thanks bro. Glad to see you back in here.

Regarding the whole depth on squats situation... Izzy - I seriously do believe I am parallel. I'm not trying to start an argument, but can you please explain how this is not depth? Maybe I just don't know what I am looking for, but I feel as if it is parallel...

Reps 1, 2, and 3.

Different contrast.

Keep in mind I'm also wearing a hoodie and wearing black shorts, so either way it will be more difficult to gauge depth. Also, if this is truly above parallel, then I have been squatting above parallel my entire life. lol

Hell, if this is still undecided I'm wearing white shorts and a t on friday. I don't want to be wrong as fix everything on squats all over again. But who knows. No matter what, I'll do what it takes to perfect my form.
    Last edited by baco_bacon; 02-08-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    live.laugh.lift

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mark, it is important to keep in mind that a parallel squat is a high squat. It has to break parallel even if only slightly.

This is the relevant quote from the USAPL/IPF rulebook:
    Meaning of red card:
    Failure to bend the knees and lower the body until the top surface of the legs at the hip joint are lower than the top of the knees.

At best, these were parallel, but if you look at this picture, which is a bit larger than those, it looks to me like the first rep was higher than parallel:

Remember, we're looking at the top of the thigh directly where it connects to the hip joint. The top of your thigh is demarcated by the blackness of your shorts against the greenish hoodie. It looks like that point is higher than your knee to me. It could be the ****tiness of the blow-up picture, the bad colors for judging, etc. but the thing that really throws me off is that it looks like your thighs slope upward from the knee to the hip, which almost always means it is high.

Looking at the second and third rep pictures you posted, it looks like those might be exactly parallel, but, again, exactly parallel is high. There is nothing wrong with progressing them in this fashion as long as you realize that they wouldn't count under most federations rules.

edit: let me show you a group of pictures I sent Sam.
    www.PowerliftingToWin.com

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    These are random squats of mine:

blatantly high:
    just about exactly parallel:
    depth:

Also, just to be clear, I am not trying to bring you down Mark! No one's training reps are perfect. No one. Everyone has a high rep here or there. Everyone has a rep where they didn't actually touch their chest or one where they bounced. Rounded reps in the deadlift happen all the time. People hitch reps here and there. You're a strong guy Mark. Definitely stronger than me. So, take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm just pointing out the things that I know (or think that I know). Your experience may be different.

Raw Nats 2014 comeatmebro DDon1996's Avatar
    DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mark- in your three pictures, look at your red line in relation to the catches on the squat rack which are undoubtedly parallel to the floor. Even break out a ruler and measure the distance between the line and the catch in the front and in the back.

I still love you and you're very cute.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159714881&p=1213186101

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

-- Paracelsus

InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am now starting BS 5X5 thanks to you.

I'm too lazy to check atm - but are you on pace to hit your 12 week maxes?
    Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/bkbrawla666/videos

BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by baco_bacon View Post
    Regarding the whole depth on squats situation... Izzy - I seriously do believe I am parallel.
    theres a misunderstanding somewhere baco. Izzy isnt disagreeing with you that your squat isnt parallel. he is saying that you're not squatting BELOW parallel which is the point

Baco......we still <3 you
    Use My Discount Code " KNO119 " To Get 5% Off Your Next Order At True Protein!

Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't, I hate this cheeky kunt with his 390x3 extremely high squats

muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscletraps will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    These are random squats of mine:

blatantly high:
    just about exactly parallel:
    depth:
    His depth is the same as yours, if not lower when he dips down at the end of his descend.

Originally Posted by muscletraps View Post
    His depth is the same as yours, if not lower when he dips down at the end of his descend.
    In the first two pictures, yes, you're right. In the last one, no. And Mark would tell you the same. He already texted me about this, lol.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
    Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

edit: idk if Baco is too young for that reference

btw, Mark how did you get the nickname Baco?
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Hard Work! Dedication! Mayweatherjr's Avatar
    Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Mark's last name is Bacon.
    Edit-unaware of where baco came from.
    Last edited by Mayweatherjr; 02-09-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    www.mayweatherpromotions.com

baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Also, just to be clear, I am not trying to bring you down Mark! No one's training reps are perfect. No one. Everyone has a high rep here or there. Everyone has a rep where they didn't actually touch their chest or one where they bounced. Rounded reps in the deadlift happen all the time. People hitch reps here and there. You're a strong guy Mark. Definitely stronger than me. So, take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm just pointing out the things that I know (or think that I know). Your experience may be different.
    Haha no I gotcha. I was just mainly really disappointed because I believe nearly ever squat I do is like that. It's just another thing to keep in mind.

Originally Posted by DDon1996 View Post
    Mark- in your three pictures, look at your red line in relation to the catches on the squat rack which are undoubtedly parallel to the floor. Even break out a ruler and measure the distance between the line and the catch in the front and in the back.

I still love you and you're very cute.
    You.... I hate you.... haha just messing. That makes sense now.
    Originally Posted by InfiniteExcel View Post
    I am now starting BS 5X5 thanks to you.

I'm too lazy to check atm - but are you on pace to hit your 12 week maxes?
    I don't exactly haven't made my program for 12 weeks in advance but if I keep up this pace then I will be content.

DO IT!!!! YESSS I'm so happy for you!
    theres a misunderstanding somewhere baco. Izzy isnt disagreeing with you that your squat isnt parallel. he is saying that you're not squatting BELOW parallel which is the point

Oh jolly jee that makes me feel better (srs)

Glad you love me still haha

Originally Posted by Bigchrome View Post
    I don't, I hate this cheeky kunt with his 390x3 extremely high squats

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-lWbj71ZB2JY/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABc/i6HLtIzGEJ8/s200-c-k/photo.jpg[/iasdmg]
    lol 1/4 squats ftw!!

Lol no idea what you are talking about. And What May said vvvv my last name is Bacon. Baco Bacon just flows haha. It was also my archer pure's name in Runescape (COME AT ME BRO)

FUUAARRRK long long day at work... even though it was only 4 hours. Haven't had anything to eat since 12PM and right now I'm making myself an entire pizza. Gotta get ready for tomorrow!!!

395 x 3 BELOW PARALLEL squats
    240 x 3 bench
    pendlays
    curls
    triceps

ftw

Belt still hasn't come yet... hopefully by tomorrow, but I sort of doubt it. Grr.

Btw, I don't mind arguing in this log. I like getting confusion fixed up!! I'll work on squat form some more tomorrow and get it below parallel. Brb form work at a PR weight lolwut. Challenge accepted.
    live.laugh.lift

DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Inafter Mark claims below parallel squats with no video....

God it makes me feel so much better about my weak squats when I know yours are CHEETAR REPZ!

Also strong friends with Cohn on FB. Are you a wizard?

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

-- Paracelsus

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    jerry!=jerry springer
    the audience chants that to get the people on the show to start fighting
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Inafter Mark claims below parallel squats with no video....

God it makes me feel so much better about my weak squats when I know yours are CHEETAR REPZ!

Also strong friends with Cohn on FB. Are you a wizard?
    lol fuu now my squats are gonna be considered high from now on... FML

Lol Cohn Wolfe? That guy is a boss! I just saw he lives in Spokane... you know him?
    jerry!=jerry springer
    the audience chants that to get the people on the show to start fighting
    Ahhh I see now! Haha

Time to sleep! Good night, folks! Get ready for epic per usual tomorrow!!!!!

Btw another female note - one of my really good girl friends who I've known well for the past two years was sexually frustrated tonight. And she has a boyfriend. We didn't do anything because I know it would have been bad if I did (plus I respect her and her bf) but she kept trying to pull moves on me... all night. Furrrakk why do girls I do not want to get involved with hit on me!?! inb4 I get slaughtered tomorrow by her boyfriend. Pics of her are on fb for the creepers lol
    live.laugh.lift

lol fuu now my squats are gonna be considered high from now on... FML

Lol Cohn Wolfe? That guy is a boss! I just saw he lives in Spokane... you know him?

Ahhh I see now! Haha

Time to sleep! Good night, folks! Get ready for epic per usual tomorrow!!!!!

Btw another female note - one of my really good girl friends who I've known well for the past two years was sexually frustrated tonight. And she has a boyfriend. We didn't do anything because I know it would have been bad if I did (plus I respect her and her bf) but she kept trying to pull moves on me... all night. Furrrakk why do girls I do not want to get involved with hit on me!?! inb4 I get slaughtered tomorrow by her boyfriend. Pics of her are on fb for the creepers lol
    Ye higher than Snoop Dogg mid 90's nawmsayin.

Yeah he goes to my gym lol, how you know him doe?

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

-- Paracelsus

Ye higher than Snoop Dogg mid 90's nawmsayin.

Yeah he goes to my gym lol, how you know him doe?

I followed his journey to his first competition and inspired me, then randomly added him on ******** haha

Bill Starr's 5x5
    Week 5 / Day 3

Squat
    w/u
    bar x 5
    bar x 5
    135 x 5
    185 x 3
    215 x 3
    245 x 3
    275 x 3
    305 x 3
    335 x 3
    365 x 3
    395 x 3
    Boom. AND I THINK THESE WERE BELOW PARALLEL! Please check and critique (srs) - I really worked hard to get my form as perfect as could be.

Bench
    w/u
    bar x 5
    bar x 5
    115 x 5
    150 x 5
    180 x 5
    210 x 4
    240 x 3
    Took what Izzy told me and put it to use. Focused on driving through heels, bringing bar higher on stomach rather than extremely low where I normally put it, and not over exaggerating the lockout. Please critique

Pendlay Row
    w/u
    bar x 5
    135 x 5
    155 x 5
    185 x 5

Accessory
    Curls: 40lbs x 1 set
    Lat raise: 15lbs x 15 reps
    Pushdown: dropset

Notes
    Another spectacular workout from yesterday. Sam killed everything (375x5 squat, 380 bench, 355x5 dead) and Alec hit a solid 295x3 squat PR. Went to the school Talent Show later that night which was amazing, went to bed at midnight, woke up at 6:20 and then played a Bassoon Quartet. All in all, it's been a busy past couple days.

live.laugh.lift

The squats looked better depth-wise, Mark. I think the next thing you should add to your list of lifting related purchases is a pair of Oly shoes. The heel will make it easier for you to consistently hit depth without having to think about it / alter form. I don't know if you have similar sized feet to Sam, but maybe you could try his out. An old pair of dress shoes (with a heel) simulates the effect as well.

One thing I think you should pay attention to is your bar path. It is doing all kinds of crazy stuff. In other words, you're not lifting in a straight line. The lateral movement in the bar path represents energy expended that isn't being transferred to the bar.

Bench was looking wayyyy better until the second rep when you yelled, let out your air, and relaxed your upperback a bit. Just as a general rule, if you can actually talk, or formulate words, you can get tighter than you are. Your leg drive was much better though and it is evidenced by the fact you weren't wobbling all over the place. It looks like you changed things up. Are your heels on the ground? Did you move in your grip?

Hard Work! Dedication! Mayweatherjr's Avatar
    Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lol @ my 380 bench. Brb lovin the typo
    www.mayweatherpromotions.com

Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Little_Moth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This haha. Also, great PRs baco! Bench looked a lot better.

Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000) Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000) Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000) Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000) Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000) Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000) Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000) Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000) Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000) Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000) Ryandrummer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Squat
    395 x 3
    Bench
    240 x 3

Notes
    Sam killed everything (375x5 squat, 380 bench, 355x5 dead) and Alec hit a solid 295x3 squat PR.

Lmao i was like, WUT
    Still what is that 280? still wut lol
    BANG BANG ALPHA GANG
    ***Team Baco_Bacon***
    ~~~PULLUP CREW~~~

Somerandom/Ryandrummer's Log: WRESTLING BEARS AND EATING ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139306083&page=7

Current
    175/265/335
    775 Total

Goals
    225/315/405

"All my life I have been nothing... I don't plan on going back to that."

Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depth was fantastic for 5lb heavier! You just keep surpassing yourself, when will we see that 2 plate row?
    I'm aware I'm a wolf

Check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136392741

Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i thought i'd pitch in on the squat form advice

4:20

bar path doesn't have to be straight up/down.

in a different video he explains how different body types are suited for different styles of squatting (obviously), so after the point where you understand to go below parallel and sit back, the rest is up to you, no one should be telling you to squat wide, narrow, or medium. Ben Rice squats 650+ with a wide stance good morning like motion, he's been doing so the last 8 years and he seems to have no problem getting his squat up/staying healthy.

edit: also to add, the more you sit back = less ROM while still hitting depth

strength to sit back on squat = strong as fuuu hamstrings... I'm on madcows 5x5 too right now and I work my hamstrings just as much as my quads, maybe even more, I add in 3 sets of hamstring curls on mondays, and wednesdays, 3 sets of GHR on friday.
    Last edited by Nood; 02-11-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Your body should absolutely not move in a vertical line. That is not the same thing as saying the bar shouldn't move in a vertical line. Rice isn't contradicting what I said and if you watch his squat from the side, he has a fairly straight bar path. He's pretty much using a textbook low-bar squat form.

HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10) HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10) HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10) HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10) HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10) HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10) HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10) HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10) HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10) HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10) HesterW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm so jelly of your squat man. I hurt my back and haven't dead lifted or squatted in like a month. Where's yours deads at now?
    Last edited by HesterW; 02-11-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    The most important day of your life is today

You can't change yesterday, but you can use today to make tomorrow worthy.

B:300x1
    S:315x5

Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eighttroy19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    395x3 and 240x3!!!! Both looked easy as **** to!:O I just finally hit a 205 bench last week and had 215 like an inch from lockout, But also hit a 365 squat, and 385 bench squat grinder I remember when our lifts were all about the same.. now i just cant compare

JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000)
    popped into your logs every now and then since ive been on bb.com, strength gains outcha ass son, good job brother.
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

***Long.Live.JEpst Crew***
    ***JEpst Crew***
    ***JEPST***

The squats looked better depth-wise, Mark. I think the next thing you should add to your list of lifting related purchases is a pair of Oly shoes. The heel will make it easier for you to consistently hit depth without having to think about it / alter form. I don't know if you have similar sized feet to Sam, but maybe you could try his out. An old pair of dress shoes (with a heel) simulates the effect as well.

One thing I think you should pay attention to is your bar path. It is doing all kinds of crazy stuff. In other words, you're not lifting in a straight line. The lateral movement in the bar path represents energy expended that isn't being transferred to the bar.

Bench was looking wayyyy better until the second rep when you yelled, let out your air, and relaxed your upperback a bit. Just as a general rule, if you can actually talk, or formulate words, you can get tighter than you are. Your leg drive was much better though and it is evidenced by the fact you weren't wobbling all over the place. It looks like you changed things up. Are your heels on the ground? Did you move in your grip?
    Thanks. I'm not looking to buy anything else lifting related for a long time. Money is getting tight for me at the moment and I'm going to have to start paying for cell phone service (buying an iphone soon), and I already pay for insurance. Haha I need to work more.

I'll look more into what I'm doing wrong with the bar path. Obviously something is mistaken.

Yeah, I switched a lot of things around on bench Friday. My heels were ON the ground so that's why my leg drive was better. Gotta get tighter!
    lol I meant 3 of 280... whatever, I won't edit just for the lulz of it
    Originally Posted by Little_Moth View Post
    This haha. Also, great PRs baco! Bench looked a lot better.
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ryandrummer View Post
    [img]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/102899/1979849-this_is_madness.jpg[/imdg]

Lmao i was like, WUT
    Still what is that 280? still wut lol
    Haha yea it was 280 for 3. Still hardcore what.

Originally Posted by Teenwolf2 View Post
    Depth was fantastic for 5lb heavier! You just keep surpassing yourself, when will we see that 2 plate row?
    2 plate row should come in a month! It won't be completely strict, but I'll still be rowing 2 plates. Don't you fret!

Originally Posted by Nood View Post
    i thought i'd pitch in on the squat form advice

4:20

bar path doesn't have to be straight up/down.

in a different video he explains how different body types are suited for different styles of squatting (obviously), so after the point where you understand to go below parallel and sit back, the rest is up to you, no one should be telling you to squat wide, narrow, or medium. Ben Rice squats 650+ with a wide stance good morning like motion, he's been doing so the last 8 years and he seems to have no problem getting his squat up/staying healthy.

edit: also to add, the more you sit back = less ROM while still hitting depth

strength to sit back on squat = strong as fuuu hamstrings... I'm on madcows 5x5 too right now and I work my hamstrings just as much as my quads, maybe even more, I add in 3 sets of hamstring curls on mondays, and wednesdays, 3 sets of GHR on friday.
    Are you telling me I should sit back more? My hamstrings aren't very strong, so if that's the case, I'll get on that as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by HesterW View Post
    I'm so jelly of your squat man. I hurt my back and haven't dead lifted or squatted in like a month. Where's yours deads at now?
    Aw shucks dude. My deadlifts are weak at the moment haha. I reset to focus on form and bring up squats so currently they're only at 345x3, however my best is 405x4.
    Originally Posted by Eighttroy19 View Post
    395x3 and 240x3!!!! Both looked easy as **** to!:O I just finally hit a 205 bench last week and had 215 like an inch from lockout, But also hit a 365 squat, and 385 bench squat grinder I remember when our lifts were all about the same.. now i just cant compare
    Lol thanks man! And boom nice job hitting 200+ on bench. 365 squat is BALLIN'! Good stuff! We may not be super close in numbers anymore, but our squat:bench ratio is still similar haha.
    Originally Posted by JEpst View Post
    popped into your logs every now and then since ive been on bb.com, strength gains outcha ass son, good job brother.
    Haha thanks buddy. Feel free to comment more often.

Got a project done in 2 hours and it looks really good actually. It's due on Tuesday and now all I have to do is practice my presentation which will be done tomorrow! As for the rest of the night, I plan on chilling with friends and resting up!

Btw, I'm planning on asking a girl who I have only talked to once on a date for Valentines Day. I just gotta find a good time to ask her because I have no classes with her. What do you guys think? Just find her during passing period (obviously not creepily) and spark up some conversation and then ask her out? Wish me luck either way!
    live.laugh.lift

JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "ive had a crush on you for years"

do it
    NGBB
    MBB

Personal best @ 165
    Bench-250 (TnG)
    Squat-315
    Deadlift-520

Personal best @ 198
    Bench - 280
    Squat - 400
    Deadlift - 560