Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Can't wait to be king RedandWhite's Avatar
    RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I phucking hate college

This isn't about the social aspects of college life, those are fine. I just absolutely hate the actual college part of college. The only reason I continue to go to class is because I could not face the disappointment of my parents and because I need that phucking slip of paper they call a degree for my first employer to take me seriously. I'm not some lazy ass ******* either who just parties all the time. I'm taking a full course load and working 25 hours a week unloading trucks. I honestly look forward to work, and I work my ass off because I am getting paid and I see a point to it all. If I could find a job that starts me out at a decent salary (50k+) and offers chances to move up, I would work my ass off to make it to the top. Sadly I am unaware of such jobs available without college degrees.

College is different for me than work. I'm an accounting major who doesn't plan to be an accountant (I wanted to pursue law school, but at this point I doubt I'll make it that far). I'm a B student whose grades are slowly slipping down. I've never tried in my classes, I study for maybe like an hour before I take a test. I barely pay attention in class, because the classes I am forced to take are nothing I will ever use again. Not to mention anything I am taught in my classes, I could easily learn from the internet, if I really wanted or needed to know it. Why the hell do I need to know how to do the gauss jordan of solving systems of equations when I am an accounting major?

My entire body rebels against me when I try to study. My mind wanders to more productive things I could be doing than studying. I've tried ******** and I still couldn't focus on the work. I know it's not a lack of work ethic, because I love to work. It's something psychological that limits me from focusing and seeing school as necessary, as if my body knows this is all for naught.

I think I may need a new major, but to be honest the thing that interest me the most is arts/political science and exercise science. But changing my major would only set me back even further in this stupid ass system, and I can't allow myself to invest in such worthless degrees.

Cliffs:
    OP is a whiny *******
    Last edited by RedandWhite; 10-12-2011 at 08:01 PM.

RegisteredSchmoozer MartinLouisKing's Avatar
    MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MartinLouisKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Agreed 100%

People always say to study what you enjoy in college but doing that just takes all the enjoyment out of it. I'd get sick of Miscing if it involved monthly exams, assignments and projects testing me on what I've read.

BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000) BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000) BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000) BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000) BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000) BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000) BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000) BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000) BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000) BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000) BigBeard86 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i love college because you will never have an abdunance of women like that anywhere else where you can easily communicte with.

NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    op are you me? im in almost exactly the same boat although i have a ****ty job working a few days a week currently. but same for me in school.
    MFC

RIP YGST

**KNEE DRAGGERS CREW**

O's/Ravens/Caps

jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jerseyshorebrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I could probably relate but didnt read lol
    The Misc is dead.

gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    time to man up and tell your parents the truth
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment"
    "Ny Giants Crew"

[300 Spartan Crew] TraininWh33ls's Avatar
    TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000) SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000) SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000) SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000) SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000) SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000) SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000) SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000) SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000) SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000) SexualDeviant is a complete loser! (-2000)
    It's definitely worth going.

ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree completely, at university and hating it, love my job though (security guard for events / bouncer at club doors).

I just want to be finished so I can start working full time and start moving up through the real world. I'd love to get into banking, that **** is almost entirely internal job offers / moving through the ranks.

NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    heh when i talked to my advisor before this semester (transferred back home cause of $$ and hating college), the first thing he told me after i talked for a while "well sounds like to me you dont even want to be in college at the moment" and right there i should've said you're right and walked out but now im balls deep in another semester getting mediocre grades.

cool story
    MFC

RIP YGST

**KNEE DRAGGERS CREW**

O's/Ravens/Caps

RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RedandWhite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gentao View Post
    time to man up and tell your parents the truth
    Tell them what?

Tell my mom who was once a drug addict and high school drop out, who cleaned up in the air force and built her own successful internet marketing company and makes well over 100k a year, that college isn't for me? She went to school while working 3 part time jobs.

My dad might understand as he went to three different colleges, quitting them all, before he enrolled in the air force because that was the only way he could become a cop. He's now also top tier in a large police force and makes over 80k a year.

My parents worked their ass off. We used to live in a run down family owned farm house when I was a young child, and now we are comfortably middle class. How do you face someone who worked their entire life so you could have it better and tell them, oh by the way I don't want all the things you worked for...

MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MonsterMikeLB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP I pretty sure everyone who has been through college has felt this at sometime. I felt this my freshman year after my third week of class. I was sick of school and just wanted to go to work in make some money.

The reality is you will get over it eventually and realize how important the degree is. Enjoy college anyone, you'll have time to work soon enough.

keepin it right and tight gforce88's Avatar
    gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gforce88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It will be worth it in the end.

But yeah, school blows.

ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImAnOctopus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The thing I am hating the most about college is that I always have to think about it (srs). Have to think about upcoming tests, upcoming assignments, all the stuff that I have to do etc. is ALWAYS on my mind so I never feel like I have any true free time.

With work, when I get home that's it, I don't have to think about anything except for when my next shift is.

Originally Posted by ImAnOctopus View Post
    The thing I am hating the most about college is that I always have to think about it (srs). Have to think about upcoming tests, upcoming assignments, all the stuff that I have to do etc. is ALWAYS on my mind so I never feel like I have any true free time.

With work, when I get home that's it, I don't have to think about anything except for when my next shift is.
    Great way of putting it. Work is almost relaxing, because I know there is nothing else I need to be doing.

Anyways, I got to go work lol. Will check this thread when I get back, but I'm sure it will have sank to the abyss.

ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000) ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000) ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000) ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000) ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000) ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000) ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000) ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000) ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000) ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000) ronpaul3046 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i feel ya

Just got back from work. My co-worker actually talked to me about college out of the blue. He's a 39 year old Jamaican guy and he asked me how far along I was in college and stuff. Then he said that he went to college for a little while but circumstances made him stop. He said he regrets not finishing and now having a wife and a kid, he doesn't know if he will have the time to finish school. Thought it was ironic how he said those things not knowing any of the thoughts going on in my head, interesting how life works like that sometimes.

bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bukumoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds like your headed towards the military at this rate

Originally Posted by bukumoney View Post
    sounds like your headed towards the military at this rate
    possibly, but I doubt it.

dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000) Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000) Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000) Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000) Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000) Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000) Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000) Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000) Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000) Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000) Cpt.Insano is just really nice. (+1000)
    we should all construct rafts, bind them together, and set forth to an island in the pacific and name it Misc Island, leaving the ****gy time college system forever
    Instagram: Aesthetix5ever

BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BENNAYBOY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Take 4 classes only. *******s who hate college usually are taking 5-6 and just scraping by. Taking 4 and having a 4.0 is better plus theres more time for socializing, which is what college is really about.

GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hates the actual study/learning part of college but wants to get into law school?????????
    We need systems approach to government, no longer partisan patchwork
    adios guys, ill lurk 2/15

Originally Posted by GermanBB View Post
    hates the actual study/learning part of college but wants to get into law school?????????
    Originally wanted to get into law school, now that is looking less likely. I believe I would study my ass off if I was working towards the bar, but I'm not. I don't even understand why you need an undergrad to attend law school. I picked an undergrad that would hopefully give me an understanding of corporate structure.

Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tis Sszpernoga's Avatar
    Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sszpernoga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I feel the same way dude. And I am going to a stupid ass community college. So the social experience sucks. Same shi**y high school parties and the same people I don't want to talk to from high school. I switched majors about 5 times since senior year ended. Hating class now and loving work. I have over 2 years work experience and hoping that I end up just getting a promotion to a supervisor at my current job and hopefully moving up to manager or something.

Don't get me wrong, I am a good student, I got accepted into universities, but I can't afford them. Financial Aid is bullsh** and I got no money considering both of my parents don't work.

Really regret backing out of the military, which was one of my original plans. Starting to consider enlisting again, but just not sure.
    {Oakland Raiders} {Chicago Blackhawks}

~R.I.P. Al Davis~

GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RedandWhite View Post
    Originally wanted to get into law school, now that is looking less likely. I believe I would study my ass off if I was working towards the bar, but I'm not. I don't even understand why you need an undergrad to attend law school. I picked an undergrad that would hopefully give me an understanding of corporate structure.
    you can't get to law school without the undergrad degree. working on the undergraduate IS WORKING TOWARDS THE BAR. brah, it's perspective.

and it's a lot of 'this sucks, but damnit i need to this... grin and bare it.'
    We need systems approach to government, no longer partisan patchwork
    adios guys, ill lurk 2/15

bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bruceleeTHIS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    >work 25 hrs a week unloading a truck. you look forward to work after college.

man, you know nothing about working. stop ur bitching. beta ass ****.

Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000)
    My entire freshman year (last year) I just felt this. So I fuked up and got a low ass GPA (3.0) and got kicked out of honors and ****.

Dude I don't care about this ****, I hate school but I want a career I just don't know wtf to do. Fuking white people problems I know but still college is just a fuking business.

Now I have to work and **** because I have high goals but damn fuk this ****.
    *** RB***

last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10) last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10) last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10) last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10) last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10) last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10) last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10) last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10) last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10) last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10) last_light is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sszpernoga View Post
    I feel the same way dude. And I am going to a stupid ass community college. So the social experience sucks. Same shi**y high school parties and the same people I don't want to talk to from high school. I switched majors about 5 times since senior year ended. Hating class now and loving work. I have over 2 years work experience and hoping that I end up just getting a promotion to a supervisor at my current job and hopefully moving up to manager or something.

Don't get me wrong, I am a good student, I got accepted into universities, but I can't afford them. Financial Aid is bullsh** and I got no money considering both of my parents don't work.

Really regret backing out of the military, which was one of my original plans. Starting to consider enlisting again, but just not sure.
    whats your job?
    Stats:
    Bench 195x5
    squat 255x5
    deadlift 330x5

Originally Posted by GermanBB View Post
    you can't get to law school without the undergrad degree. working on the undergraduate IS WORKING TOWARDS THE BAR. brah, it's perspective.

and it's a lot of 'this sucks, but damnit i need to this... grin and bare it.'
    True. I'll have to turn my grades completely around from here on out to keep that dream alive.
    Originally Posted by bruceleeTHIS View Post
    >work 25 hrs a week unloading a truck. you look forward to work after college.

man, you know nothing about working. stop ur bitching. beta ass ****.
    I worked two jobs for 50+ hours over summer, and spent all my free time putting up acres of wooden fencing for my dad (he slipped a disc) so he can enjoy his new horse ranch.

Don't tell me I don't know hard work, you dumb red *******.