Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Anyone use a Front Squat Harness?

Do you guys think they would be useful? When I use the cross arms grip, sometimes the weight stresses my forearms when I lean a little forward in the last rep. Because in those cases that's the only thing that prevents the bar from slipping.

Inb4 use clean grip.

http://www.frontsquatharness.com/new...rcher-harness/

http://www.ultimategrip.co.uk/category-38/FZSHS.html

Thanks.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have one and use it. I like it, but don't like front squats . I got it primarily because of the grip issues. It seems that without one, you're concentrating on that instead of the lift. You can't do as much with front squats as back squats, so I got it so I could put as much as possible on the bar (relatively speaking) and concentrate on that instead of keeping the bar from falling. Seems to work fine and I can't see any benefit to wrestling with the bar. Simply a decision on whether or not you want to put out the money it takes to get one since you can only use it for a few things.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lachdanan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I have one and use it. I like it, but don't like front squats . I got it primarily because of the grip issues. It seems that without one, you're concentrating on that instead of the lift. You can't do as much with front squats as back squats, so I got it so I could put as much as possible on the bar (relatively speaking) and concentrate on that instead of keeping the bar from falling. Seems to work fine and I can't see any benefit to wrestling with the bar. Simply a decision on whether or not you want to put out the money it takes to get one since you can only use it for a few things.
    Thanks, I agree with you. Don't mind paying a bit for this.

Btw which one did you get?

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lachdanan View Post
    .........Btw which one did you get?

None that you would recognize. I had a leg press for sale a couple of years ago & a guy from West Virginia contacted me with some interest. As it turns out, he makes some of his own stuff & front squat harness's are one of his products. He came up to get the press and we worked out a deal for a trade.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Thanks brah, repped. I think I saw that pic before, when I was trying to find more info about the harnesses :O

Btw you use it without any padding?

jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    never used the harness, but have you tried a Clean Grip with wrist wraps, is the only way that works for me.

you could also try this:

Thanks brah, repped. I think I saw that pic before, when I was trying to find more info about the harnesses :O

Btw you use it without any padding?

I don't use any padding, but it hasn't been an issue. If I get so heavy it starts to be a problem, I'm sure I can figure it out, but so far I haven't needed any.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I have it

I have it and actually really did like it(still do) as I mainly tried the cross-grip method but it always failed me and I tended to "lean-froward" too often and the balancing act along with the whole.. actual lift part really was an issue. I found a site called, Front Squat Harness.

here's a link to a thread I did

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133376063

It came Originally from Australia or New Zealand, so as you read through that thread the wait was kind of ridiculous. BUT - after I got it (pics included in there, i'll throw one in there) it was wonderful. Super sturdy and I could focus on form and weight not my grip failing.

But it was a great STARTING tool as i've been teaching myself to try a similar "clean grip" and such and have been having success in using that. But as a whole in cooperating it is great and if I am super sweaty or just damn tired I will use it.

Would I recommend it? Yes. Was the wait worth it? .. It was. Cost? Reasonable.

__
    Current Stuff I Take:
    Dymatize ISO: Banana
    Optimum Whey Gold Standard: Coffee
    Optimum Whey Turbo Chocolate
    Optimum Casein: Cookies & Cream
    Cellucor C4: Pink Lemonade
    Optimum: Amino Energy: Grape

Basic supps for daily intake.

What I want:
    Rogue R6 & All the pretty accessories.
    Rogue Bumper Plates, 160 more lbs!
    Commercial Trainer, Cable Stacks
    Anything & everything basically.

Originally Posted by jprockjr View Post
    never used the harness, but have you tried a Clean Grip with wrist wraps, is the only way that works for me.

you could also try this:

Thanks, in that pic, is she using a specialized equipment? How do you do it with the wrist wraps? You mean you still hyper extend your wrists but the wrist wraps give some support. Because I thought in that pic she was using wrist wraps.

Originally Posted by NoKittyNo View Post
    I have it and actually really did like it(still do) as I mainly tried the cross-grip method but it always failed me and I tended to "lean-froward" too often and the balancing act along with the whole.. actual lift part really was an issue. I found a site called, Front Squat Harness.

here's a link to a thread I did

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133376063

It came Originally from Australia or New Zealand, so as you read through that thread the wait was kind of ridiculous. BUT - after I got it (pics included in there, i'll throw one in there) it was wonderful. Super sturdy and I could focus on form and weight not my grip failing.

But it was a great STARTING tool as i've been teaching myself to try a similar "clean grip" and such and have been having success in using that. But as a whole in cooperating it is great and if I am super sweaty or just damn tired I will use it.

Would I recommend it? Yes. Was the wait worth it? .. It was. Cost? Reasonable.

Thanks brah, I will check out your thread seems pretty good.

But did you also see the Baraban frost squat harness? If you did, why did you choose that one? I feel they are very similar except for the zercher squats where the Baraban harness have those handles much lower. Not sure which is better though.

NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thanks

Well at the time of purchase my options were kind of limited, I pretty much bought into what I saw first. But either way I don't think you can go wrong.
    __
    Current Stuff I Take:

What I want:

.........But it was a great STARTING tool as i've been teaching myself to try a similar "clean grip" and such and have been having success in using that............

But I don't understand why even bother with it if you're willing to buy the harness. Are there competitions? Otherwise, you're just creating a pita for yourself. The exercise hits the quads painfully whether you use the harness or wrestle with your grip. Not bitching at you at all, just curious as to why even bother once you've got the device.

Thanks, in that pic, is she using a specialized equipment? How do you do it with the wrist wraps? You mean you still hyper extend your wrists but the wrist wraps give some support. Because I thought in that pic she was using wrist wraps......
    She's just using wrist wraps tied to the bar then pulling them out perpindicular from the bar....basically creating a neutral grip of sorts. This gives her a handle to hold and balance the bar up on her shoulders & arms. I don't think she's got them tied around her wrist at all.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Well at the time of purchase my options were kind of limited, I pretty much bought into what I saw first. But either way I don't think you can go wrong.
    Thanks breh. Btw since I am in Canada as well, can you also please tell me how much you paid for the shipping? I am reading through your thread and you also paid $26 more. Is this customs fee?

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome idea with the wrist wraps. I just started messing around with front squats yesterday and I'm going to try that.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

She's just using wrist wraps tied to the bar then pulling them out perpindicular from the bar....basically creating a neutral grip of sorts. This gives her a handle to hold and balance the bar up on her shoulders & arms. I don't think she's got them tied around her wrist at all.
    Thanks, I see what you mean. I would like to give this a try as well. Wonder how much more comfortable this would be.

Sure no bitching undertone taken - lol lets see if I can make sense of it..

Well I did INTEND to use it as my primary aid in Front Squats. I know you say it hits your quads whether or not you wrestle with the grip, but for me the act of continously wrestling with it and going hunch-back was detrimental to my lifting and generally pissed me off(lol). The harness was great and it stil is but I remember reading something about the Cross/Grip and Clean grip and easier upright positioning. So I started practicing it. Yes - it hits the quads but if you're losing grip constantly and arching forward you're almost asking(or I was) for muscle strain or disproportiante muscle gain from imporper form imposed by the inability to properly use the Cross-grip Method,

What I was saying was the front squat harness eliminated the hassle and gave me the ability to actually go up in weight#'s and improve my strength overall. So when I transitioned into a Clean-Grip I was already partially strengthened so it was an easier transition, whereas if I kept fumbling with the Cross-Grip I probably wouldn't have any gains at all.

For me it was an unexpected starting point - if that makes sense
    __
    Current Stuff I Take:

What I want:

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Clean grip vs. cross grip is an age old question. In my experience they both hit the legs exactly the same way. The trick to a good cross grip is keeping the elbows up. The clean grip aids in this because of greater muscle tension caused by the way your arms are folded, this more easily keeps the elbows high and the bar where it belongs.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Exactly how Keetman described it. The wrist wraps are tied to the bar.

I've seen olympic lifters use this when they have a wrist injury.

Here's a video:

Originally Posted by jprockjr View Post
    Exactly how Keetman described it. The wrist wraps are tied to the bar.

I've seen olympic lifters use this when they have a wrist injury.

Here's a video:

Thanks, that looks good. Although if the bar was to slide off, I guess there would be alot of stress on the wrists using this method.

PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This definitely interests me.

Front squats aggravate my left shoulder no matter how you look at it, and this would solve the problem and allow me to do them again

Does anyone have any new feedback on these?

I thought since then more people might have bought it here and could share their feedback on these. Here are baraban and GS front squat harness just to refresh people's memories. I am thinking of buying the baraban harness from ebay which is $220, not bad but the shipping to Canada is $50 more than US unfortunately. Still seems to be the cheapest and more functional than GS IMO.

skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have used one a few times before. The bottom portion seemed to press uncomfortably in to my abdomen. I have also used the strap method and prefer that to the harness. For the price of one of those you can get a nice safety squat bar.

Thanks. Can you do front squats with a safety squat bar? I looked one up, and looks nice, but seems more for back squats?

http://www.roguecanada.ca/sb-1-rogue...-squat-bar.php

skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks. Can you do front squats with a safety squat bar? I looked one up, and looks nice, but seems more for back squats?

http://www.roguecanada.ca/sb-1-rogue...-squat-bar.php
    The way the bar is cambered, the weight is more in front of you like a front squat. Not exactly like a front squat, but I think it would be a better investment since you can use for other excercises like good mornings, hise shrugs, etc.

Thanks, that makes sense. Although storage and extra price will be an issue, since I go to a commercial gym. Wish they invested into some of these bars, especially the swiss bar which would be great to use. That's why I try to buy complementary items.

ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have one and love it. It does press into my stomach at heavier weights, but this simply serves as a reminder to brace my core :-)

I can now do reps without pain in my wrist and arms and focus on hitting my quads properly.

Thanks, do you have Baraban or GS? Also do you use a belt and does the belt get in the way?

Also did you get large or standard/medium? It says you need 46" chest for large, I am 42" when i measured it yesterday, so standard should be fine. Just wondering what size you got.
    Last edited by Lachdanan; 06-17-2013 at 11:25 AM.

one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does anyone have any new feedback on these?

I thought since then more people might have bought it here and could share their feedback on these. Here are baraban and GS front squat harness just to refresh people's memories. I am thinking of buying the baraban harness from ebay which is $220, not bad but the shipping to Canada is $50 more than US unfortunately. Still seems to be the cheapest and more functional than GS IMO.

I'm the ebay seller (you swiped my photo) :-) I have sold 30+ of the robert baraban harnesses with zero returns. It's well made, works well and a standard size will fit you.

As ellisbailey said above, it does press into your stomach at heavier weights but a belt will help this. Here's an email from one of my customers who bought the standard size and thought about returning it for the LARGE:

B., I’ll keep the harness, no need to return it.

Worked up to 285 single (my record is 380 on other harness) before an injured hamstring started to “talk” to me and then I stopped as I did not want to aggravate the injury.

Points of comparison between this one and Get Strength (GS)

- This one is heavier and feels more sturdy, it was tight on my body (see below for “not good”). GS was a bit loose on shoulder fit and if my form was off and I leaned forward it would dump the bar and start to come off my body.

- This one applies A LOT of direct pressure, as amount of weight increases, to upper ab region; GS spread out the pressure and therefore was more comfortable

- I can wear a belt and not have it impact this harness; the GS was longer and rubbed against top of belt

- Pegs on this one are longer for front squat and bar “feels” more secure/stable

- I would not use the pegs on this one to do Zercher squats because u can’t readily dump the weight (not good)

For sizing purposes I’m 6’0 228 and wear a 48 suit jacket. I did not attempt to use top set of pegs for exercise as they were too close to my chin. I used the second set to front squat.

My initial reaction was positive but again I have yet to work up to a HEAVY single.

Thanx for working with me … hope this feedback helps future purchasers.

Frank
    Last edited by one.lifter; 06-17-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Originally Posted by one.lifter View Post
    I'm the ebay seller (you swiped my photo) :-) I have sold 30+ of the robert baraban harnesses with zero returns. It's well made, works well and a standard size will fit you.

As ellisbailey said above, it does press into your stomach at heavier weights but a belt will help this. Here's an email from one of my customers who bought the standard size and thought about returning it for the LARGE:

B., I’ll keep the harness, no need to return it.

Worked up to 285 single (my record is 380 on other harness) before an injured hamstring started to “talk” to me and then I stopped as I did not want to aggravate the injury.

Points of comparison between this one and Get Strength (GS)

- This one is heavier and feels more sturdy, it was tight on my body (see below for “not good”). GS was a bit loose on shoulder fit and if my form was off and I leaned forward it would dump the bar and start to come off my body.

- This one applies A LOT of direct pressure, as amount of weight increases, to upper ab region; GS spread out the pressure and therefore was more comfortable

- I can wear a belt and not have it impact this harness; the GS was longer and rubbed against top of belt

- Pegs on this one are longer for front squat and bar “feels” more secure/stable

- I would not use the pegs on this one to do Zercher squats because u can’t readily dump the weight (not good)

For sizing purposes I’m 6’0 228 and wear a 48 suit jacket. I did not attempt to use top set of pegs for exercise as they were too close to my chin. I used the second set to front squat.

My initial reaction was positive but again I have yet to work up to a HEAVY single.

Thanx for working with me … hope this feedback helps future purchasers.

Frank
    Thanks alot man, appreciate the info. I was the one who asked you on ebay too (: Hopefully this will be read by other people searching for more info about the squat harnesses, as even the official website don't have much detail.

I wonder if the zercher could be done safely if you had safety bars very close so that if you couldn't get up, you could lean back and let the bar touch the safeties. I would still like to try it with lower weights just to get a sense of it, as I never did zercher squats before.

Thanks again for explaining it detail.

one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) one.lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do Zercher squats in a power rack with this harness

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If I were getting one I'd want it to be capable of this low setting..

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆