Registered User northwestmuscle's Avatar
    northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My pec muscles don't burn when I use heavy weights

Hi guys, I usually try to do 8-10 reps for my chest exercises until I can't lift anymore for that set. The other day I decided to experiment and did my flat dumbell chest press at a lower weight and I did it for 20 reps. For some reason I felt way more of a burn in my chest than when I do the flat dumbell press at a heavier weight but lower rep range.

Can anyone please tell me why this is? Could it possibly be due to genetics and that the muscle fiber in my chest area seems to respond better to lower weight and higher reps? Or is it because my chest might be stronger than my arms and therefore I feel my arms getting a better workout doing the dumbell press?

Thanks.

Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well for one you don't need to go to failure on every exercises.

What really works for me on chest is for example: Ill do 4 sets of 6-10 reps. Then immediately drop set (drop about 20-25%) of the weight and rep them out.
    "When you're not in the gym, someone else is; and they will beat you."
    "If it was easy, everyone would do it."
    "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
    "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."
    “To be number one, you have to train like you’re number two”

Jan 1st: 227 @ 16%
    Jan 7th: 223
    Jan 14th: 217
    Jan 21st: 216
    Jan 28th: 214
    Feb 4th: 213

xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xkreedx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by northwestmuscle View Post
    Hi guys, I usually try to do 8-10 reps for my chest exercises until I can't lift anymore for that set. The other day I decided to experiment and did my flat dumbell chest press at a lower weight and I did it for 20 reps. For some reason I felt way more of a burn in my chest than when I do the flat dumbell press at a heavier weight but lower rep range.

Can anyone please tell me why this is? Could it possibly be due to genetics and that the muscle fiber in my chest area seems to respond better to lower weight and higher reps? Or is it because my chest might be stronger than my arms and therefore I feel my arms getting a better workout doing the dumbell press?

Thanks.
    It's due to the lactic acid build up. The burn you are feeling is the byproduct of glycogen. When you keep strain on the muscle you can feel it more because you are not giving your body a chance to clear the lactic acid out of your muscle(which happens by breathing and getting oxygen). It has nothing to do with genetics. Just because you don't feel the burn does NOT mean you are not putting stress on the muscle. Hope this helps.

WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000) WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000) WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000) WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000) WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000) WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000) WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000) WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000) WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000) WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000) WH1992 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    It probably has to do with your muscle-mind connection; meaning certain exercises give you more of a burn than others.

Check out this video:

The more times you do the exercise, the better the muscle mind connection gets = better burn.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You're probably using more shoulder and triceps when you're going heavier. Concentrate on using the pecs more and make sure your form is correct.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WH1992 View Post
    It probably has to do with your muscle-mind connection; meaning certain exercises give you more of a burn than others.

Check out this video:

The more times you do the exercise, the better the muscle mind connection gets = better burn.
    Thanks for this post!!!!

Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bdains View Post
    Thanks for this post!!!!
    Great, Thanks!

Heres another
    Aaaaanold :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJ4hbkLiY0

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just found the video motivating Tom. (srs)

Originally Posted by bdains View Post
    I just found the video motivating Tom. (srs)
    Yes one of my favorites that I refer to regularly. Glad you enjoyed it. The one by you was great!
    We're lucky as fitness people to have someone like Arnold to look for for inspiration as many people can't and won't relate to him.

I remember being in a terrible accident and getting down to 120 lbs and saw Pumping Iron premier and ironically had planned on starting back to the gym the following day. Talk about being motivated!

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How to bench press using the pecs:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...-the-pecs.html
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”