Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SurgeonBrah View Post
    Not sure of diagnosis but from my memorisation of medical school I would a severe terminal case of being a phaggot.
    Lol not sure of this fascination with calling medicine "memory" as if having two patients with completely different make ups/ allergies isnt "application"; but i also like how every mathematician doesnt use memory and makes such foundational contributions like descartes, newton, liebniz. Every mathematician invents a new language

Nope, theres no memory in math bro

chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chestenvy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Med school is not just memorization, that’s like saying physics is just memorization because you memorize a bunch of formulas and then put the numbers in. Actual medicine is all critical thinking, but you need to learn the foundation and lexicon to be able to do so. That part takes memorization.

CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000) CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000) CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000) CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000) CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000) CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000) CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000) CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000) CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000) CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000) CeBKa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Med school imo, been there for 3 years and can tell i got grey hair from all the studying lmao.

Brb a whole class of biochem, physiology in 2 months, 3 years of anatomy plus practice and sht...

It's not about memorizing it all but more about understanding and learning the "medical language" to understand medical concepts.

We also had engeneers level mathematics and physics first 2 years.
    S 420/B 310/D 515 @173lb

Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.
    ~Albert Einstein

marii beatz, turn me up AltarOfPlagues's Avatar
    AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AltarOfPlagues has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im an engineer and im a dumbass but i also have a doctor buddy who is a dumbass
    if we do this theres gonna be two hits. me hittin you, and kid rock's bawitaba playin in the background

[300 Spartan Crew] TraininWh33ls's Avatar
    TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im an engineer so def med school.

Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AltarOfPlagues View Post
    im an engineer and im a dumbass but i also have a doctor buddy who is a dumbass
    Dumb and Dumber?

knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by marcFE View Post
    Are we really comparing undergrad engineering to med school?

If you are talking PhD engineering vs med school I doubt any miscers could even comment but I'd say its a fair assumption to say that any science/math based PhD will blow med school away in terms of challenge.
    Having exp in neither, Id have to agree. Like someone above said: engineering is critical thinking and thinking outside the box to find solutions, med school is boat loads of memorization and a lot of hands on recitals too.

Id personally expect the advanced engineering route to be tougher, those guys are borderline geniuses imo. I dont consider MDs in general to be genius, just hard workers and fairly smart. I say this because Ive met and been treated by some dumb ass docs, no way a dumb engineer is designing a rocket or naval warship.

numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) numberguy12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by propreffered7 View Post
    Lol not sure of this fascination with calling medicine "memory" as if having two patients with completely different make ups/ allergies isnt "application"; but i also like how every mathematician doesnt use memory and makes such foundational contributions like descartes, newton, liebniz. Every mathematician invents a new language

Nope, theres no memory in math bro
    It's not that there is no memorization in mathematics, but there is much more memorization in the medical/biological subjects than math. This isn't a debate, lol.

You are also making it sound like it's either 1)make foundational discoveries in math or it's 2)memorization (false dilemma). There is lots of problem solving that, while making use of prior results, still requires you to creatively solve a problem. PhD mathematicians actually do contribute new results (thesis), of which there is no close analogue in an MD or DO program (not talking about MD/PhD, but simply MD). Many doctors aren't "researchers", in this sense- they are just practicing doctors.

The quantitative component and abstract components of math put it on a different level imo. I find it hilarious how calc 2, that almost basic math, is considered a sort of challenging endeavor by so many pre-med students I knew. The answer to the OP is neither....it's higher math (no bias...).
    ∫∫ Mathematics crew ∑∑ : <Smackcity edition>

♫1:2:3:4 Pythagoras crew ♫ ♫

SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SazabiBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TraininWh33ls View Post
    im an engineer so def med school.
    I’m in med school so definitely engineering school

But really, I think it depends on the individual. Biology is way easier to learn for me compared to math/physics (mostly because I find it boring)
    B: 300lb
    FS: 300lb

Misc Med Crew #MDclassof2023
    USAF Veteran crew

thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000) thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000) thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000) thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000) thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000) thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000) thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000) thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000) thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000) thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000) thatsnarf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by twiceasnice View Post
    just lmao @ anyone calling themselves 'pre-med', that just means you're studying biology or some trash entry tier bachelor

edit: strong necro
    this. lol. "im pre-med"

bytch your ass can be pre-med forever........

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by marcFE View Post
    Are we really comparing undergrad engineering to med school?

If you are talking PhD engineering vs med school I doubt any miscers could even comment but I'd say its a fair assumption to say that any science/math based PhD will blow med school away in terms of challenge.
    This answer is the correct one.

Engineering is harder than Pre-Med for undergraduate coursework. In terms of getting your masters and then doctorates, Medical takes more "effort" based on the time requirements. But I think for academically, engineering is a little harder than medical. Medicine is largely memorization with some critical thinking skills, while engineering involves a good chunk of memorization, but involves a lot of critical thinking (for the Doctorate) level.

It also depends on the person. I have an eidetic memory so I was always good at memorization, so classes like Biology, Chem, etc were always very easy to me. Thinking engineering wise is a little bit harder for me because it's a lot of analysis and one wrong analysis throws the entire thing off course. A lot of people aren't good with that kind of math and will never get past it.

I have friends who are idiots and studying to be doctors, I also have friends who are idiots studying to be engineers.
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *6'3" Master Race Crew*
    *6 Figs Crew*

"Because the thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There’s no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people … well, some people would rather die. Each of us gets to choose.”

PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PattBattmann is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    CPA exam

cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cncman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Takes more of a woman mind to be a doctor. Yet still have the logic required to extrapolate meaning from noise systematically.
    I have a master's degree in computer engineering. Medical school is probably 'harder.'
    My background was physics so the learning curve was steep, too. I started with zero logic gate background or boolean algebra.

rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rectifryer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Memorization is not for me so med school would be harder from my perspective. I'd rather figure chit out.

Being a doctor seems like it would have a psuedo chemical engineering component as well...the two fields aren't as exclusive as people are making them out to be?
    CNN says it's illegal for you to neg me.

*<SONS OF SMACK CREW>*
    This post brought to you by:
    Monster Zero Energy Ultra Sunrise

FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IME, the difficulty of engineering undergrad is overrated, and the difficulty of engineering grad school is underrated.

What makes undergrad brutal isn't necessarily the difficulty of the work, so much as the workload. There's basically a plug and chug equation given to you for everything, you just have to know how to apply it. Stack 3 HW assignments and 2 labs on that every week and it starts sucking, but it's more about the effort you put into it rather than raw intelligence.

Engineering grad school though heavily rewards raw intelligence.

In one class I was in, my professor would go through slides with chit like this about once every 10 mins.

Spoiler!

That problem would pry take an hour to solve out by hand, and the prof's like "nah, I bet you already get this." There weren't enough hours in the day for you to read up on it later if you didn't get it, because your homework and labs for grad classes in that field usually took about 40 hours a week, and you had two of them. So you couldn't go back and grind and memorize, you pretty much just had to understand that concept right on the spot or you were getting left behind. About half my class did get it immediately. OTOH, I basically ran out of IQ points.

And with research, it's all about seeing ways around problems that other people don't. Very, very dependent on raw intelligence.

You can make it through engineering undergrad by being a dummy and just working hard. To an extent, you can even gut through an engineering PhD just by working hard - professors don't like to fail students in grad classes, and they don't like to cancel research projects they're already working on, so you can pretty much just drag your feet through it given enough time. I knew a guy who graduated in 9 years, his adviser basically carrying him every step of the way. But in order to do well in engineering grad school, you need to be brilliant.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000) Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000) Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000) Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000) Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000) Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000) Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000) Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000) Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000) Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000) Dec4y is a name known to all. (+5000)
    apples and oranges. PhD's in engineering don't think the same or have the same mental capabilities as someone who is doing their neurosurg residency and vice versa
    Always Pick #4