UrAverageJoe70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Soldier trying to gain some size. help?!

I'm 19 and I'm Active Duty military. So It's hard to follow a conventional body building schedule due to PT (Basically running everyday) and to follow a very strict diet. I life 6 days a week. I'm currently on a 3 days on 1 day off split. (Chest and Arms, Legs, Back and Shoulders) Just recently got back into lifting and have been on that split for about a month. I take Gold Standard Whey, Creatine Monohydrate, Multivitamin s, and Fish Oil. Along with a pre workout before the Gym. Any advice on Training Splits or tips in general?

m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by UrAverageJoe70 View Post
    I'm 19 and I'm Active Duty military. So It's hard to follow a conventional body building schedule due to PT (Basically running everyday) and to follow a very strict diet. I life 6 days a week. I'm currently on a 3 days on 1 day off split. (Chest and Arms, Legs, Back and Shoulders) Just recently got back into lifting and have been on that split for about a month. I take Gold Standard Whey, Creatine Monohydrate, Multivitamin s, and Fish Oil. Along with a pre workout before the Gym. Any advice on Training Splits or tips in general?
    im 26, army myself.. workout 4 days a week on top of PT 5 days a week myself.. i know ur pain, but u can find a schedule with PT.. u said 6 days a week but hard to find a conventional schedule?! lol.. ive been doing 5/3/1 BBB, with squatting and DLing twice a week, ya it sucks if sore and gotta run 6 miles the next day, but its a great strength routine that alot of people will also say works.

There are some P/P/L routines around the forums that catch alot of interest tho... does your platoon or whatever have a planned out PT schedule? like MON-Run Tues-MSE Wed-whatever and so forth? if so... can arrange a routine around that, sadly mine doesnt which sucks.. gotta hope for the best.

whats ur MOS anyways?, what is your goal? and i agree with the diet thing, with training and long workdays.. sometimes cant get all those meals/snacks... ur supps are fine, all the basic are covered.

EDIT: Does your post have a fitness center with the BODPOD? Mine has the free bodpod telling u bodyfat, weight, muscle mass, and everythinggggggggggggg along with that.. including nutrition help AND a test to find ur resting metabolic rate.. makes figuring out ur diet and calorie surplus intake to get those weight gains you need!
    - US Army - 19D - OEF 11/12
    - Currently running 531 and highly recommend it
    - Last weigh in : 181lbs
    - Goal weight : 190lbs (bulking)

UrAverageJoe70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a 12B. I just want to get bigger really. Stronger. My father was a bodybuilder and I've always had interest in it after growing up seeing him compete.
    Unfortunately my platoon doesn't have a set PT schedule. We usually run at least 2 miles a day and Ruck on Thursdays.

m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by UrAverageJoe70 View Post
    I'm a 12B. I just want to get bigger really. Stronger. My father was a bodybuilder and I've always had interest in it after growing up seeing him compete.
    Unfortunately my platoon doesn't have a set PT schedule. We usually run at least 2 miles a day and Ruck on Thursdays.
    mmm rucking, ok, put legs thurs or fri night, recover by monday.. hopfully lol. and atleast your a combat job.. but ya, P/P/L routines or 5x5 madcows, or 5/3/1 are some popular routines for strength, bigger will also come with ur diet, which i know is hard to do.
    - US Army - 19D - OEF 11/12
    - Currently running 531 and highly recommend it
    - Last weigh in : 181lbs
    - Goal weight : 190lbs (bulking)