Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500)

Cool ONE Match PER Day THREAD

In this thread, I will post one match per day. Hopefully we can all discuss it and make a fun thread out of it

To begin . . . .

WWF Championship Match
    "Macho Man" Randy Savage (c) vs. The Ultimate Warrior
    SummerSlam 1992
    Wembley Stadium

I thought this match flew under everyone's radar because of how good Bulldog vs. Bret Hart from the same show was. It was a great match with a lot of drama involving Mr. Perfect and Ric Flair. No one knew who they were siding with. These two put together another great match together knowing that they already had a classic from WrestleMania VII. Take a peak at this bout and enjoy!

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It certainly is overlooked and underrated because of Bret/Bulldog and Warrior and Savage's previous bout at WM7.

A very well worked and dramatic match with alot of nearfalls and effort on both mens part and you had Flair and Perfect messing with them which added to it. Not even a countout victory could take away from how great it was.

The whole card was one of the more memorable Summerslams: Bret/Davey, Warrior/Savage, LOD/Money Inc. (and wow at the pop LOD recieved!), the rare for the day heel vs. heel match between HBK/Martel, Kamala ****ting himself, and of course a 5 star classic featuring Nailz and Virgil.

Keep these goin, man.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000) IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000) IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000) IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000) IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000) IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000) IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000) IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000) IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000) IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000) IAmWarrior is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I loved Summerslam 92. It was the first PPV I saw as an active wrestling fan, so, eighteen years ago. Feelsquickman.jpg

I'd say Summerslam last felt special in 2002, though I would say 2005, 2008 and 2009 had editions ranging in the decent to great quality. If anything, it makes me realize just how disappointing the card for this year is (no endofdays89).

WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500) WRESTLEKINGDOM is not very helpful. (-500)
    ECW Championship Match
    Big Show(c) vs. Ric Flair

I thought this match was a shining star in WWECW. Ric Flair was wrestling for a heavyweight title that he had never competed for nor won. Big Show was a crazed giant taking over ECW. Ric Flair seemed to be going psycho at the time and put his aged body on the line. I really enjoyed this match and I know a lot of others have, but many haven't seen it or forgot about it.

Antonio Inoki vs. Big Van Vader
    NJPW Inoki Toukan Live III (December 27, '87)

Where to begin with this? This was one of the craziest things that has ever happened in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Inoki, like Misuharu Misawa, rarely loses cleanly. I mean RARELY loses. Well in this match, Big Van Vader was making his NJPW debut and boy did he ever. He ended up beating one of Japan's biggest legends in UNDER THREE MINUTES! A riot would break out after the match banning NJPW from the Sumo Hall for awhile. Take a peek into wrestling nostalgia.

Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Outside of the WWE, Vader was such a monster. I remember him making appearances in WCW against Stan Hansen before officially coming in, and they used to blow the roof off the arena. Then when he came in, dominated everyone, and beat Sting, clean and dominantly, 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring, it really made a statement. At the time, Sting, like Inoki and Misawa, didn't lose often, much less cleanly. Then Vader went on to have two dominant title reigns until Hogan came in and totally knocked him down and destroyed his mystique. I miss the old Vader.

guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) guym is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Trousers5 View Post
    Antonio Inoki vs. Big Van Vader
    NJPW Inoki Toukan Live III (December 27, '87)

Where to begin with this? This was one of the craziest things that has ever happened in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Inoki, like Misuharu Misawa, rarely loses cleanly. I mean RARELY loses. Well in this match, Big Van Vader was making his NJPW debut and boy did he ever. He ended up beating one of Japan's biggest legends in UNDER THREE MINUTES! A riot would break out after the match banning NJPW from the Sumo Hall for awhile. Take a peek into wrestling nostalgia.
    Insane! This is like beating Hogan in '87...clean...in 3 minutes.
    Orthodox Atheist.
    Concealed Hatred Is Cowardice - Henry Rollins.
    "I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men." -The Ghosts, 1877

WWF European Championship Tournament Finals
    Owen Hart vs. British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith
    WWF Monday Night Raw 3.3.1997

What a battle for the ages. A classic match that consisted of WRESTLING between two legends of the sport. This was a tournament finals to decide the first ever WWF European Champion. It took place in Germany, but was aired on Raw a couple of days after on tape delay, but man this match tore the roof down. Sit back and relax and watch two of the all time greats slug it out for the belt!

sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Warrior vs Savage was good but largely forgettable.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You guys said it best including you my aligator hugging friend.

It was Vader's first trip to NJPW, Inoki is like Superman, Vader has yet to be established as the baddest monster to ever step inside a wrestling ring, you just have to keep that in mind to get how shocking this quick win was to get Vader over. Vader killed.

Bulldog and Owen was just great, I had the pleasure of watching that one when it first aired on Raw from Germany and it blew me away at the time.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Mike Awesome(c) vs. Masato Tanaka
    ECW November to Remember 1998

This match will rip your underpants off. It was a battle for the ECW title at ECW's biggest PPV of the year. These two had memorable battles on FMW and ECW soil battling for the FMW and ECW titles respectively. Tanaka and Awesome traded the ECW title once. Their first ECW match was at Heatwave '98 I believe, and they wanted to go out and top it. Watch these two absolutely tear each other apart with chairs and tables. If you don't like this match then you aren't an ECW fan!

Steel Cage Match
    Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton
    WWE Taboo Tuesday 2004

Ric Flair was finally back main eventing a wrestling PPV and it was in 2004. Randy Orton who was fresh out of being kicked out of Evolution would battle one of his superiors in arguably Flair's match type. This would be a war that many have forgotten about already or have never seen. These two bled like crazy and worked a great match. Who will win? The Legend Killer? Or the Legend? WOO!

Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gwrestler316 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ECW World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Mike Awesome(c) vs. Masato Tanaka
    ECW November to Remember 1998

This match will rip your underpants off. It was a battle for the ECW title at ECW's biggest PPV of the year. These two had memorable battles on FMW and ECW soil battling for the FMW and ECW titles respectively. Tanaka and Awesome traded the ECW title once. Their first ECW match was at Heatwave '98 I believe, and they wanted to go out and top it. Watch these two absolutely tear each other apart with chairs and tables. If you don't like this match then you aren't an ECW fan!
    These two could REALLY tear it up out there, as well as themselves. I think it was these matches that really got Awesome on the map. He was champ and a dominant guy, but there was just something missing. I don't think he was really taken seriously by the ECW crowd, until they saw him take on Tanaka. He has to be Awesome's greatest rival. This series made believers out of the ECW crowd.

Steel Cage Match
    Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton
    WWE Taboo Tuesday 2004

Ric Flair was finally back main eventing a wrestling PPV and it was in 2004. Randy Orton who was fresh out of being kicked out of Evolution would battle one of his superiors in arguably Flair's match type. This would be a war that many have forgotten about already or have never seen. These two bled like crazy and worked a great match. Who will win? The Legend Killer? Or the Legend? WOO!
    For all the doubters out there, this match just goes to show how great Flair really is. At this age, he is STILL capable of putting on a great match with ANYONE.

Originally Posted by Gwrestler316 View Post
    These two could REALLY tear it up out there, as well as themselves. I think it was these matches that really got Awesome on the map. He was champ and a dominant guy, but there was just something missing. I don't think he was really taken seriously by the ECW crowd, until they saw him take on Tanaka. He has to be Awesome's greatest rival. This series made believers out of the ECW crowd.
    Amen! Awesome and Tanaka had IMO the third best rivalry in ECW history behind RVD/Lynn and Raven/Dreamer. Literally everyone of their matches are absolutely brutally awesome. These two really beat the crap out of each other and really made wrestling believable.

For all the doubters out there, this match just goes to show how great Flair really is. At this age, he is STILL capable of putting on a great match with ANYONE.
    Yup! Did you catch Flair's match with Lethal from Victory Road this year? The man can still go!

sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfgiantsfan79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    You guys said it best including you my aligator hugging friend.

It was Vader's first trip to NJPW, Inoki is like Superman, Vader has yet to be established as the baddest monster to ever step inside a wrestling ring, you just have to keep that in mind to get how shocking this quick win was to get Vader over. Vader killed.

Bulldog and Owen was just great, I had the pleasure of watching that one when it first aired on Raw from Germany and it blew me away at the time.
    I'd actually put it ahead of Bret vs Bulldog. And hell I'd actually put Bret vs Bulldog II ahead of their wembley match as well.

Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn
    ECW Hardcore Heaven 2000

The forgotten match between Lynn and Van Dam is here. Many never even knew this match existed. It was both men returning from similar injuries. The crowd cheering for RVD "Welcome Back!", while ignoring Lynn. Lynn was angry and on a quest to finally defeat The Whole F'n Show. With the Network looming and watching this match, would Lynn prevail? Or would Rob Van Dam prove again why he is Mr. Pay-Per-View?

Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn
    ECW Hardcore Heaven 2000

The forgotten match between Lynn and Van Dam is here. Many never even knew this match existed. It was both men returning from similar injuries. The crowd cheering for RVD "Welcome Back!", while ignoring Lynn. Lynn was angry and on a quest to finally defeat The Whole F'n Show. With the Network looming and watching this match, would Lynn prevail? Or would Rob Van Dam prove again why he is Mr. Pay-Per-View?

1:15 - 1:48 has the greatest exchange out of ANY of their matches. Not as fast or dynamic as a similar exchange would have been between two luchadors, or two Japanese speedsters, but still amazing.

1:15 - 1:48 has the greatest exchange out of ANY of their matches. Not as fast or dynamic as a similar exchange would have been between two luchadors, or two Japanese speedsters, but still amazing.
    Yeah I was thinking that last night when I watched this. Great match albeit the interference, but at least the interference made sense.

DeuceMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP,

I'm craving some tag team goodness

The Steiner Brothers vs. Bret Hart & Owen Hart
    WWF WrestleFest 1994 VHS 1.11.1994

You want tag team action? Then look no further. Two teams of brothers would go into battle for respect in a non-televised match, but instead a match taped for a WWF Coliseum Video. The Hart Brothers would enter the ring to take on The Steiner Brothers in what would go down as one of the best tag team matches ever.

DeuceMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ahh very nice.. I think we need a nice tag match at least once per week to fill the void that wwe has left in that catagory. This thread is full of win.

Originally Posted by DeuceMalone View Post
    ahh very nice.. I think we need a nice tag match at least once per week to fill the void that wwe has left in that catagory. This thread is full of win.
    Sounds like a good idea to me!

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match
    Hiroshi Tanahashi(c) vs. Kurt Angle
    NJPW RESOLUTION 4.5.2009

This was a dream match for me. These two are two of my favorite wrestlers currently in wrestling and of all-time. Tanahashi was fresh into his IWGP title reign and Kurt Angle wanted to dethrone him. Angle challenged him to a match and Tanahashi accepted. Would Angle win the IWGP title or would the High Flying Star prevail and retain his title?

Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Bret Hart
    WWF Saturday Night's Main Event 11.28.1987

Another dream match for myself. Bret would first start wrestling as a singles wrestler after begging Vince McMahon to let him. Vince gave him a shot. Besides the matches with DiBiase and Mr. Perfect, this match would help propel Bret Hart eventually into the singles wresting world.

**BONUS!**

BONUS
    Bret Hart, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Jim Neidhart, Brian Pillman vs. Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Hawk, Animal, Goldust
    WWF In Your House: Canadian Stampede 1997

AHHHHHHH!!!!! This match was amazing. If you haven't seen it then you are flat out not living on this planet. A FIVE star battle between the Hart Foundation and Austin's team of rebels. This would take place in the Hart's backyard in Canada. Listen to the pops!

Interesting fact about that Savage/Hart match. Savage actually fractured his heel during the match. Better yet, Hart fractured Savage's ankle when he slammed into the post. A rare miscalculation on the part of the Hitman, but Savage went along with it. Being the pro that is is, he didn't freak out on the Hitman.
    That, however, wasn't the interesting part. Bret ALSO fractured his heel during this bout. However, because he was supposed to be the aggressor, he couldn't sell it, and had to go on with the match like everything was ok, which he did.
    Last edited by Gwrestler316; 08-21-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan79 View Post
    I'd actually put it ahead of Bret vs Bulldog. And hell I'd actually put Bret vs Bulldog II ahead of their wembley match as well.
    O'rly?

Interesting fact about that Savage/Hart match. Savage actually fractured his heel during the match. Better yet, Hart fractured Savage's ankle when he slammed into the post. A rare miscalculation on the part of the Hitman, but Savage went along with it. Being the pro that is is, he didn't freak out on the Hitman.
    That, however, wasn't the interesting part. Bret ALSO fractured his heel during this bout. However, because he was supposed to be the aggressor, he couldn't sell it, and had to go on with the match like everything was ok, which he did.
    Very interesting. That's very strange.

Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    O'rly?
    lol

The Great Muta vs. Hiroshi Hase
    New Japan Pro Wrestling 12.14.1992

The creation of the Muta Scale is in this match. Muta got busted open blading way too hard and bled all over the place. These two would battle with blood splattering all over the place. Will Muta be able to overcome the cut? Or will Hase pick up an important win? Enjoy it in HIGH DEFINITION!

Originally Posted by WRESTLEKINGDOM View Post
    Very interesting. That's very strange.

If you look back at the match, when Savage "hurts" his ankle by getting backdropped to the outside, and then gets in, Hart is standing there with his arms raised, like telling the ref "I'm the winner!! I win!!". You can see him limping and trying not to put weight on his foot.