Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Big Guy Chin-up Question

Kind of a stupid question, but here goes. I curl some decent weight, blah, blah, but I can sort of barely do one chin up. I would say I am more close to, than actually doing them. Whne I was younger and 220lbs, I could do over 30 no problem. At 260+ not doing so well. Am I just weak, and need to start working harder? Or is there a point where you just weight too much?

PS: OX, if you can do 30 still at 335lb, please spare my the agonoy of embarrassment and lie, and say you maybe can do 5.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seems like you answered your own question......get back closer to your 220lb weight and you'll be snapping off those pull ups.

Easier said than done.....I know. I'm in the same boat...it's a slow moving vessel, too. Good luck...keep working hard and you'll get them.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRRAAAYYY2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post
    Seems like you answered your own question......get back closer to your 220lb weight and you'll be snapping off those pull ups.

Easier said than done.....I know. I'm in the same boat...it's a slow moving vessel, too. Good luck...keep working hard and you'll get them.
    I was 308 in May, so working on it. Back then all I could do was pull the bar down to my chin by hanging on it and hoping it bent down.

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Keep working the back with bentover rows, deadlifts, pull downs, cable rows etc... As you lose some weight and getting a stronger back with the barbell work it will become easier. Keep at it!
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10) public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10) public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10) public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10) public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10) public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10) public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10) public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10) public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10) public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10) public-office is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

I am a soft 261lbs at present and can manage about 3x5 on pullups so their is hope for you yet!

I bought a door mounted iron gym and left it in place outside the bathroom. Everytime I answered the call of nature or passed the doorway I did at least one or two pullups. Not going to complete failure and doing them regularly like this will have you banging them out in no time.

I also found that the neutral grip on the iron gym allowed me to do more than regular pulls so I worked hard on these first. When I got my back a lot stronger this way I switched back to regular grip.

Honestly, the best way to get better at pullups is do more pullups. I never found that assisted pullups or pull downs were much help at all. The iron gym at 30 dollars ish was the best exercise investment that I ever made
    A Brit at large in the USA

marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) marcello696 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I started off at 295 and once I got around 250 I started doing pull up and chin ups, slowly but surely I went from barely being able to do one to now I do 3 sets of 15 during every workout.

I am to the point now of needing a dip belt to add weight.

My advice is lat pull downs, rows and even assisted pull ups to strengthen the upper back and you will be banging out pull ups in no time

JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Pull up difficulty is underrated if you ask me. I know I'm not all that big but it took me a while to work up to 15. 30 = mind blowing to me.
    The first rule to winning the game is to stay in it......

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RRRAAAYYY2 View Post
    PS: OX, if you can do 30 still at 335lb, please spare my the agonoy of embarrassment and lie, and say you maybe can do 5.
    No I can't do 30 pullups. Pullups are about like overhead pressing was a year ago for me, i.e something I haven't done very much of. It's probably something I should focus a little attention on, but then again not many of the big ( and successful ) strongman guys I know can do very many of them.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Kind of a stupid question, but here goes. I curl some decent weight, blah, blah, but I can sort of barely do one chin up. I would say I am more close to, than actually doing them. Whne I was younger and 220lbs, I could do over 30 no problem. At 260+ not doing so well. Am I just weak, and need to start working harder? Or is there a point where you just weight too much?
    Yeah, they are much harder the heavier you are .... Additional muscle doesn't compensate for the weight gain when it comes to pullups. At 225, I could do between 23-25 pullups. Right now, I weigh 255, and can do around 18 when fresh.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Use a chair, drape (rather than stand on it) one or two legs over the chair, the more leg you put on the chair, the less body weight you are pulling up. As you get stronger, put less of your leg weight on the chair until you no longer need the assist. Cheaper than band assists for pull-ups and easier to set-up.

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was 308 in May, so working on it. Back then all I could do was pull the bar down to my chin by hanging on it and hoping it bent down.
    Hell yeah!!!!!

That is some serious weight loss. Real serious.

Knowwhatyoumean about hoping the bar will droop under the pressure.

Great progress. Keep on kicking ass!!!!

Will rep once I recharge 'em. My hat's off to ya, pard.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkysnowman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Glad I'm not the only one. Keep at it and am sure it will come.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I agree with one of the other posters that pull up difficulty is vastly underrated. I also believe the only way to get better at them and develop the strength to do them is to do them. I do not feel that lat pulldowns correlate to pull up ability, nor do I think that any other exercise makes you able to to do pull ups.

Losing weight may help, but not necessarily.

I believe it is the best possible back movement there is, so you should do them. I would start by doing them in an assisted manner. Many gyms have an assisted pull up machine. I would start there and set the assistance on a weight that allows you to do 8 reps for 4 sets. I would decrease the weight in future workouts so that you are doing more work.

If your gym does not have an assisted station, go to a squat rack with a chin bar. Place a strap where your feet would be when you are in a full chin and stand on the strap and use that for assistance. I find this may be harder to do than the assistance machine, but it makes for faster gains.

If you cannot do any of those things, have someone spot you.

But do those pull ups.

Ray
    Last edited by pastorgbc; 10-02-2011 at 06:05 AM. Reason: needed to add the number 4
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

Thanks for the advice and comments. I managed one real chinup yesterday, almost felt like I could do two, but my shoulder is tender and dont want to do something foolish. So now I am on a mission. I am one of those, if you can do it, so can I type of idiots. I say that as I have tried doing all sorts of things I shouldnt have. One of those, here hold my beer and watch this type of things. But at least this is healthy for me. Anyway, my new focus is going to be able to some chinups/pullups (dont know the difference) in the near future.

Thanks again!

Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey RRRAAAYYY2,

I just posted a thread a few days back on my getting 10x pull-ups finally.

I weigh in at 207 (just weighed in) and when I have a pack on with 20lbs I
    get about 4 reps with a body weight of 227 then. Your 260+ so, I know that
    you have a lot of weight to move, I am sure your quite strong so, strength
    isn't the issue so much I think.

What helped me more than anything is just to practice doing chins on the
    Lat machine. I feel this is more beneficial staying in a rep range that would
    generate strength. As opposed to just cranking out 1 rep and then resting
    etc.

Thats my .02 and I'm far from an expert thats for sure.

Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kofii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "chinups/pullups (dont know the difference)"

Chin ups = palms facing you

Pull ups = palms facing away

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think body weight is most certainly a key issue in chin ups/pull ups. We have a couple of skinny runt guys who seriously are maybe 5'5" and don't break 130 lbs dripping wet. Neither of them ever works out at all and both of them smoke like chimneys and they can both crank out 20+ pullups without breaking a sweat. Then you have those of us in the 220lb range who work constantly and could snap those lil dudes like sticks yet we can't do jack $hit in this damn exercise. 3-4-5-6 on a good day.

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    We have a couple of skinny runt guys who seriously are maybe 5'5" and don't break 130 lbs dripping wet....

and could snap those lil dudes like sticks

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ntrllftr View Post

LOL, you're ginormous compared to these guys, they have biceps that can't be more than 10-11" flexed.

Where's my flip flops ? jayluk4600's Avatar
    jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    At 264 currently I can do 7. I dunno if thats good or bad but thats what I can do and I am heavier dude.

Pull ups that is, I dont really do chin ups.
    Keep it simple

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont think your weak or need to work harder.you just need to do more pullups.there are guys on the boards who weigh more with weight added than 265.when you go from 220 to 260 i would imagine it takes a little while for your pullup strength to catch up.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    I think body weight is most certainly a key issue in chin ups/pull ups. We have a couple of skinny runt guys who seriously are maybe 5'5" and don't break 130 lbs dripping wet. Neither of them ever works out at all and both of them smoke like chimneys and they can both crank out 20+ pullups without breaking a sweat. Then you have those of us in the 220lb range who work constantly and could snap those lil dudes like sticks yet we can't do jack $hit in this damn exercise. 3-4-5-6 on a good day.
    I hate responses like the above...to me it is just an excuse bigger guys use to say they cant do them. While there are allometric differences in body sizes and it is true that increase in strength relative to weight is not a 1:1 ratio, if you train hard, are reasonably developed, carry normal levels of body fat (8-20% meaning not obese) have a strong back and arms, pullups are easy. If fitting in the parameters I just laid down, 10 pullups should not be out of the question for ANYONE. (remember...meeting the criteria I laid out)

Originally Posted by jayluk4600 View Post
    At 264 currently I can do 7. I dunno if thats good or bad but thats what I can do and I am heavier dude.

Pull ups that is, I dont really do chin ups.
    Exactly my point....You are a huge dude...and do them without issue. I am sure when you get to the BF range I used above (8-20%), you will probably be banging them out with ease. I would not be surprised if you are doing over 20 because there is little doubt you are a strong dude.

The above said, I dont really train for max reps....but I can do a bunch. And it is true that as I lost weight, I could do more....However it is not as dramatic as you think.

When I was 210 and fatter (aprox 18%) I could do around 25. Now at 185 around 10% I can do 34 (last time I tried for max reps). If I tie on a 45 (230 lb total weight) my reps go down to 17.....

So please.....big guys stop whining that you cant do pullups cause you are big. Look at Jayluk huge dude...knocking out pullups. End of story is if you cant do them....there may be some bigger issues....stop saying big guys cant do them.....I am not sure what is worse...that...or listening to tall guys saying they cant deadlift
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Where's my flip flops ? jayluk4600's Avatar
    jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well I wouldnt say knocking them out , 3 months ago I was doing 2-3 tops at the same weight I am now, I have worked up to 7, some days I can get 8 some days only 6 My goal is 10 at this current weight. I had a plan to keep dropping but I really enjoy this weight I am at, and my bf% is right about 22%

Funny thing is tho, and this happens everytime after I do them at either gym I train at, and its usually some kid.. jumps up there and does like 20 and looks at me like.. flexnutsimsoleetijustpwndubish, I just chuckle and walk away. LOL
    Keep it simple

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jayluk4600 View Post
    Well I wouldnt say knocking them out , 3 months ago I was doing 2-3 tops at the same weight I am now, I have worked up to 7, some days I can get 8 some days only 6 My goal is 10 at this current weight. I had a plan to keep dropping but I really enjoy this weight I am at, and my bf% is right about 22%

Funny thing is tho, and this happens everytime after I do them at either gym I train at, and its usually some kid.. jumps up there and does like 20 and looks at me like.. flexnutsimsoleetijustpwndubish, I just chuckle and walk away. LOL

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jayluk4600 again.

I am giving you props cause you do them and dont make excuses about your size. You prove my point exactly. You are by no means a small dude....and I am sure you will hit your mark without issue. If you dropped a little extra baggage....you would probably put shame to the small kid at your gym!
    RAW lifts

eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    by yourself?

Originally Posted by Kofii View Post
    "chinups/pullups (dont know the difference)"

Chin ups = palms facing you

Pull ups = palms facing away
    Thanks. i thought that, but wasnt sure. Pull ups will definitely be harder as I am being treated for tendonitice in my right arm. So I will concnetrate on chinups.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Ox doesn't do chin-ups. Ox pulls the bar down to his chin.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    So please.....big guys stop whining that you cant do pullups cause you are big. Look at Jayluk huge dude...knocking out pullups. End of story is if you cant do them....there may be some bigger issues....stop saying big guys cant do them.....I am not sure what is worse...that...or listening to tall guys saying they cant deadlift
    I wasnt whining about it, just checking to make sure it was attainable. Something about trying something 20-30 times and failing, makes you want to check to see that is just that I need to work harder.

I wasnt whining about it, just checking to make sure it was attainable. Something about trying something 20-30 times and failing, makes you want to check to see that is just that I need to work harder.
    Was not saying you were ....It was just a general call out to those that do it....

I am sure you will be banging them out in time. Congrats on the progress so far!
    RAW lifts