Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Malkira View Post
    Are both challenges at the same place? If not, where is the 20" deep dish one?
    Deep Dish Pizza = Altoona PA

31" Pizza is west of State College/Penn State around Clearfield PA (about 45 minute drive).. Meeting up with another competitive eater on the boards to do it TH611

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PlasticJanus View Post
    This is true and thus what I'll do.

Goodnight sweet cut.
    TBH, meat seemed stupid easy to me. Unless there is a wall you hit with another lb of meat, I don't foresee a real issue. Dependent on the serving sizes of the sides items, those could be the issue.

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Lvisaa2 View Post
    TBH, meat seemed stupid easy to me. Unless there is a wall you hit with another lb of meat, I don't foresee a real issue. Dependent on the serving sizes of the sides items, those could be the issue.
    This reminded me of;
    Kenny vs Spenny, who can eat the most meat. Kenny was so fcuked at the end of it. Like the meat was straight up coming back out, he couldn't help it.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've done 24 jumbo eggs (90 kcal/egg) in one sitting, and probably could have done more. This was back when I could only drink 3-3.5 L of water at a time.
    i've done 22 large eggs (70 cals/egg) within 'bout 30 mins. a few lg omelettes. keto nonsense/carb-a-phobe. i could drink about 2L of water in one time period, too.

hmm...i've done 'bout 12 hard boiled w/ 'bout a tbsp of mayo for each egg. groce. i was a ketard/sugar fear @ 22.

PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The sides actually seem pretty laughable. As far as I can tell, they give you a small side of veggies (carrots, broccoli, whatever), a small bowl (1-2 cups max) of coleslaw, and three onion rings (literally three). I think maybe I'm just psyching myself out. How'd you feel after the 50 oz. burger and fries, and where would you place yourself as far as average stomach capacity goes? I was feeling pretty confident the other night when I managed to get 6 L of water, but since then I haven't been able to get past 5 L in an hour.

Originally Posted by trance__dreamer View Post
    i've done 22 large eggs (70 cals/egg) within 'bout 30 mins. a few lg omelettes. keto nonsense/carb-a-phobe. i could drink about 2L of water in one time period, too.

hmm...i've done 'bout 12 hard boiled w/ 'bout a tbsp of mayo for each egg. groce. i was a ketard/sugar fear @ 22.
    How'd you find the 22 eggs?

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think maybe I'm just psyching myself out. How'd you feel after the 50 oz. burger and fries, and where would you place yourself as far as average stomach capacity goes?
    Honestly, I felt pretty solid still - I mean I did go get dessert . If you had more time I'd tell you to do a test run(72 oz beef + a few sides) at your uni's cafeteria, but with it being Sunday - I think that might be too much food on the stomach this close to doing it. For me, the time limit was the difficult part - I felt like I was constantly barreling food in my mouth. With more time, it would have been easier.

TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Deep Dish Pizza = Altoona PA

31" Pizza is west of State College/Penn State around Clearfield PA (about 45 minute drive).. Meeting up with another competitive eater on the boards to do it TH611
    Dam Bob thats actually close to me (1hr). Check out Bad Boys Bistro in Bedford, Pa on eatfeats.com they have 3 food challenges that look good!
    "Training is 100 percent, Nutrition is 100 percent, and Mental approach is 100 percent. It is like a tripod, you take one of the legs away and they all fall down. " - Dorian Yates

"You will not be impatient; the grind is where character is made. Focus on what you have to do TODAY to make tomorrow better. This is a lifelong project." - Jim Wendler

TATW

PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Honestly, I felt pretty solid still - I mean I did go get dessert . If you had more time I'd tell you to do a test run(72 oz beef + a few sides) at your uni's cafeteria, but with it being Sunday - I think that might be too much food on the stomach this close to doing it. For me, the time limit was the difficult part - I felt like I was constantly barreling food in my mouth. With more time, it would have been easier.
    I actually was planning on doing a test run today. I was planning on eating 72 oz. in burgers to put my nerves at ease, as described here. I figured the food would have 48 hours to digest and leave the system. Do you figure I should not? I was under the impression that competitive eaters often do something similar (granted, with cabbage instead of beef, but I imagine that's a Calorie issue, not a digestive one).

I actually was planning on doing a test run today. I was planning on eating 72 oz. in burgers to put my nerves at ease, as described here. I figured the food would have 48 hours to digest and leave the system. Do you figure I should not? I was under the impression that competitive eaters often do something similar (granted, with cabbage instead of beef, but I imagine that's a Calorie issue, not a digestive one).
    You'd probably be fine, but I'd worry about any adverse effects from an intake your not used to. I was perfectly fine 2 days after, but if it fks with your stomach then it may sideline you. If you've done it before then I'd say go for it, if not then you may want to be a little cautious. TBH, I think you'd be fine though.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How'd you find the 22 eggs?
    i was amused that i couldn't finish the last 2 in the 2 dozen carton.

Four burgers. Eighteen 4-oz. patties for 72 oz. in total.

Started sweating once I'd gotten down to the last four-patty burger. Managed to finish all four burgers in 35 minutes. I thought I was doing alright, so I washed it down with a small bowl of dessert and a drink.

About a cup's worth of apple crisp and a cup of ice cream/sorbet. Also had a cup of hot cocoa, which I didn't photograph.

Didn't realize until I stood up to leave that I was in trouble. Made it back to my apartment, nearly puked, and then rolled around in bed with the meat sweats for four hours. Still hurting five hours later.

Weak sauce, I know. Feelsbadman.jpg.
    Last edited by PlasticJanus; 10-07-2011 at 09:53 PM.

nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    effort^^^^^^^^^^^
    JUST SQUAT IT!

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Burritos MexicanGrill
    Is there not one person that can handle the Mongo Burrito!? The 8lb challenge is still undefeated, where is this Man Vs Food, Adam Richman character?

These bitches are getting cocky...
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Burritos MexicanGrill
    Is there not one person that can handle the Mongo Burrito!? The 8lb challenge is still undefeated, where is this Man Vs Food, Adam Richman character?

These bitches are getting cocky...
    sounds good if I lived in the us i'd give it a go someone get on it asap!
    JUST SQUAT IT!

I'm still waiting for a friend to send me some pictures, but I figured I would update you guys about the 72 oz. steak. Managed to finish in 35 minutes. Did not puke. Everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg.

That's the steak. Boobs were left in the frame to help with perspective (notsrs).

35 minutes in total. I thought I was hitting a wall halfway through the steak, but surprisingly I was able to push through it and wasn't hit too hard by the meat sweats. The last bite of steak tasted as good as the 50th. Honestly, the coleslaw was the hardest part, mainly just because I dislike the texture. I was given the option to choose my side and wanted to go with mashed potatoes, but the waitress recommended against it. Had I gotten the potatoes I would have smashed them down in no time and would have finished a few minutes sooner. I also ordered a hot brownie sundae afterwards.

It was a great experience. I also found a familiar face:

He finished in seven and a half minutes at the same restaurant. Crazy.

Sorry for the lack of quality pics. Will upload when I have them. I'll also probably go again sometime in the future. It's basically 4.5 lbs of quality beef for free.

agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50) agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50) agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50) agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50) agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50) agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50) agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50) agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50) agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50) agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50) agreyam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    TX Brah's
    Discovered this last night, 8lb hamburger challenge The Big Kahuna Burger. Looks fun as hell, really want to try this out. Who's in? ha

http://panchoandleftys.com/
    ~~White flood log :D Juicy watermelon~~: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153906121

^^My CL Red Acid Reborn Log^^- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152852551- DONE

<**>Yellow Fever Crew: Once you go Asian...HNNNNGHH<**>

Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    uh oh that's not terribly far from me. urge to go is strong. don't think i could do it though. 8lbs burger is 8lbs. Though I could use $100...

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just ate an entire rump roast by myself. It wasn't huge, but I saw it at the grocery and it was the "market special" (aka cheap meat).

I weighed it at ~38oz. I butterflied it and grilled it like a steak.

I figure I'd almost have to eat twice that amount for a 72oz'er. My stomach feels like it could handle it no problem, the main issue would be my jaw. That much chewing really wears my jaw down.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just saw this thread. In.

Current stats:

30 inch pizza between 2 people in under an hour - FAIL

Future challenge(s):
    12 egg omelet with cheese, onions, mushrooms, and chili and MORE cheese on top, served with a "generous" amount of home fries and 2 large biscuits. I believe you have 1 hour.

Originally Posted by HunterCML View Post
    I figure I'd almost have to eat twice that amount for a 72oz'er. My stomach feels like it could handle it no problem, the main issue would be my jaw. That much chewing really wears my jaw down.
    You might be surprised. When I did the 72 oz. steak, the waitress dissuaded me from getting my steak medium well because she was worried it would kill my jaw. However, throughout the entire 72 oz. medium steak, my jaw never once got tired, and I'm pretty sure a step up to medium well or well wouldn't have been a game breaker.

Originally Posted by JeffyDOS View Post
    This sounds like something I would like to attempt. How was it?

Future challenge(s):
    12 egg omelet with cheese, onions, mushrooms, and chili and MORE cheese on top, served with a "generous" amount of home fries and 2 large biscuits. I believe you have 1 hour.
    http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med...-challenge.jpg
    Saw this (or something equivalent to this) on Man vs. Food, where he failed to complete the last few bites of the plate. Son I was disappoint. It looks like child's play.

Bump for an update. Went to Philthy McNasty's today with a friend to try their Showdown Burger challenge (24 oz. burger plus fries in under seven minutes).

Here's what the plate looks like:

I was hoping to do it in four minutes or less, but I grossly underestimated the amount of fries, and we didn't give the food enough time to cool. In the end, I managed a time of 5:45. Unfortunately, my friend couldn't get it all down, and I wound up eating the last 12 oz. of his burger.

Because I managed to finish the burger in under seven minutes, it was free. As a result, I sadly had no idea how much to tip the waitress. Solution?

Highly recommend it to anyone near a Philthy McNasty's.

Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    That bacon looks puny.
    It was what disappointed me the most. When I asked for no onions, the waitress said they'd have to double up on lettuce and tomato. I was very sad when she said they could not double up on bacon instead.

waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just saw this thread. In.

Current stats:

Future challenge(s):

[img]http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/8e/b4/76/iron-man-women-challenge.jpg[img]
    Saw this on man vs food. Looks pretty easy, but the worst thing I could imagine is the cheese and eggs getting cold then it tastes disgusting.

Nice work, Janus. Wish there was another one in my city =(

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)

This sounds like something I would like to attempt. How was it?

Saw this (or something equivalent to this) on Man vs. Food, where he failed to complete the last few bites of the plate. Son I was disappoint. It looks like child's play.

Sorry, I JUST saw this.
    TBH, it was tough. In the first 20 minutes, we each ate 3 slices. 6/8 done. In the next 20 minutes, we ate 1/4 of the last slices. It was bad

And yeah, the omelet seems really easy.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good thread ! shame theres barley any in Australia
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Here's a video I took for a "So you think you can eat?" challenge going on in the nutrition logs section. Very accessibly, in the event that anyone really wants to try an eating challenge but doesn't have any restaurant-offered challenges available. Be careful not to choke, though. They're very dry; I found out the hard way around 1:55.

Last edited by PlasticJanus; 11-06-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Here's a video I took for a "So you think you can eat?" challenge going on in the nutrition logs section. Very accessibly, in the event that anyone really wants to try an eating challenge but doesn't have any restaurant-offered challenges available. Be careful not to choke, though. They're very dry; I found out the hard way around 1:55.

lol'd at dunking it in water.

nice job though

lol'd at dunking it in water.

nice job though
    Interestingly enough, it turned out to be completely ineffective, and by the end of the video I was just doing it out of habit formed from things that do dunk well. The tortillas were really not having any of that water non-sense. There was a point where one of my friends asked, "Does that even help?" When I told her that it did not, she asked my why I was still doing it. I was like:

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Burrito's Mexican Grill is getting pretty cocky lately with their 8lb Burrito Challenge. If I hit 190 I'm thinking about kicking off my bulk by fuking up their day.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741