Blonkes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Drinking and training!?

I have been lifting weights for the last 3 years and bodybuilding for 1 year and my diet is very good, but i will be drinking as part of my freshers for university which would be drinking most nights of the week for the first two weeks.
    My diet for these two weeks will be very good other than the fact that i will be consuming alot of alcohol each night (preferably vodka and diet coke because of calories in beer) so i can then get back on track when study starts.
    But i'm not sure whether to weight train during these two weeks or not, i know alcohol slows down protein synthesis and contains alot of useless calories, but is it worth training at all or just taking two weeks off and risk loosing a bit of muscle.
    thoughts would be appreciated.

wolfen89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfen89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfen89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Be careful, Vodka Still has a lot of calories. I actually had a conversation with a nutrition guy yesterday. What he told me was similar to this. "Since alcohol is basically a poison, your metabolism puts its focus on clearing your body of that rather then anything else. So anything you consume around the time of drinking is just taken and stored as fat, since it is not a priority." What he said as far as eating goes," before you drink consume veggies and protein before drinking, and a protein shake after. The next morning do a similar meal as you did before you drank. Also avoid eating junk food while drinking as it will be even worse when it is stored as fat." Be careful man and good luck, everyone should still enjoy college, I do.

Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Blonkes View Post
    I have been lifting weights for the last 3 years and bodybuilding for 1 year and my diet is very good, but i will be drinking as part of my freshers for university which would be drinking most nights of the week for the first two weeks.
    My diet for these two weeks will be very good other than the fact that i will be consuming alot of alcohol each night (preferably vodka and diet coke because of calories in beer) so i can then get back on track when study starts.
    But i'm not sure whether to weight train during these two weeks or not, i know alcohol slows down protein synthesis and contains alot of useless calories, but is it worth training at all or just taking two weeks off and risk loosing a bit of muscle.
    thoughts would be appreciated.
    ur first problem is mixing vodka with coke
    "Moderation in discipline is failure"

*all pics and stats are at least 3 years old...just ignore them

Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Although alcohol prevents protein synthesis, why wouldn't you just continue to workout in an attempt to shift the excess calories?

headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) headshot84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Xfaxtor View Post

Pretty interesting article indeed, I understood about 97 percent of it. Thanks for the link !
    "It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a lamb" - Roman Proverb

“We must live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Xfaxtor View Post
    Came in to post this.
    This one is good too. Written by Alan (3 years ago, but from what I gather most of it's still valid)
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...e_to_alcohol_1
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

Blonkes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks guys, the article helped alot, Im not feeling so guilty now .