Registered User DaBrotherhood50's Avatar
    DaBrotherhood50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaBrotherhood50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaBrotherhood50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaBrotherhood50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaBrotherhood50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Retired College Lineman

6'2 255 pounds, forced to retire after playing 4 years as a Division 1 school and no NFL in my future. I was a Defensive End so i am fairly lean (for a lineman) I would say around 15% but too high now that i have no need to be this heavy. I have a really big frame, hopefully drop down to a really lean 220 pounds.The only problem is I have no idea how to eat or train, i have spent my entire life eating like a football player, training like a football player, and living like a football player. I need a little guidance and help here because i am going to have to completely change my lifestyle. Losing weight shouldn't be too difficult for me, I had to eat 6,000 calories just in college with football to maintain my weight so finally it will be blessing to have such a high maintenance level for calories. Furthermore, if anyone can help with a workout program because essentially for the last 5 years (including redshirt year), college coaches have managed by life in the weight room, in the dining hall, and on the practice field. It's time to start my mission to get cut as **** and i know the biggest aspects are my diet and my workout routine so any help is greatly appreciate.

Maxes
    Bench: 370
    Squat: 485
    Hang Clean: 305
    Pullups: 8
    Deadlift: 555

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Not much difference in the training; put yourself together a routine based on the same compound lifts you've been using for years. Add in some cardio exercise a few days a week, and you should be good to go.

You'll need to get some nutrition information. Here's the best place to start as far as figuring a baseline of how much and of what to eat in order to reach your specific goal:
    *Emma-Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Once you've figured your baseline macros, buy an inexpensive food scale ($30 @ Target, etc), measure your food portions, and then track them here, every day: http://fitday.com
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ack12y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DaBrotherhood50 View Post
    6'2 255 pounds, forced to retire after playing 4 years as a Division 1 school and no NFL in my future. I was a Defensive End so i am fairly lean (for a lineman) I would say around 15% but too high now that i have no need to be this heavy. I have a really big frame, hopefully drop down to a really lean 220 pounds.The only problem is I have no idea how to eat or train, i have spent my entire life eating like a football player, training like a football player, and living like a football player. I need a little guidance and help here because i am going to have to completely change my lifestyle. Losing weight shouldn't be too difficult for me, I had to eat 6,000 calories just in college with football to maintain my weight so finally it will be blessing to have such a high maintenance level for calories. Furthermore, if anyone can help with a workout program because essentially for the last 5 years (including redshirt year), college coaches have managed by life in the weight room, in the dining hall, and on the practice field. It's time to start my mission to get cut as **** and i know the biggest aspects are my diet and my workout routine so any help is greatly appreciate.

Maxes
    Bench: 370
    Squat: 485
    Hang Clean: 305
    Pullups: 8
    Deadlift: 555

Be careful who you take advice from on this forum... anyone who can Bench 300+, Squat 400+, and Deadlift 500+ should be the one giving the advice to 95% of this board. Is your only goal to cut down to 220? Seems like with the right diet this should be somewhat easily attainable...

**That wasnt a shot at you Ironwill... I was typing as you were posting