Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    Saturday night, I was bored and went to the gym again (unlike me.) I re-hit the chest again in a couple areas, lightly, just to finish it off. Then finished the workout with some cardio.

Sunday am, was the big legs morning. Changed up the routine a bit, but didn't up the weights. Tried to rep things up a little. My shoulder (left) was bothering me a lot, so I did some light cuban's to help (hopefully) encourage stabilization, and reduce the binding, and crunching! Also my (left) bicep/forearm was still hurting, a lot, and any exercises that I tried, were really pretty useless. I just did some massage, and light weights. My friend, thinks it's tennis elbow. I'm not sure. I think it's the side of the bicep and forearm. Anyway I didn't do any bicep work. The rest of the workout was good, finished off with some light cardio.

Asthma has been bothering me, somewhat, so I did a few asthma exercises. It seemed to help

By the time I went swimming sunday night, it seemed very good. I was gentle on the shoulder and bicep/forearm, at first, they were a little sore. Pushed hard through the triceps to finish, and rocked out a pretty good time, on the last interval. I was happy, that it was quick, and my breathing was better

I looked up tennis elbow. I don't think that's what I have. I did do some deep massage, after my morning shower. It seemed to help. My friend suggested laying off, but repping out some really light weights, just to keep the muscle memory. For now, it will be light weights, no serious bicep or forearm work, save fore some light light weights.
    Too bad it's my left (smaller arm) otherwise I'd feel okay, just working the opposite one.
    I guess I'm lucky it's not too bad.

(after I searched the forum) Some people are completely f-d up, with this type of injury.

Wish me luck.
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 67fastback View Post
    Saturday night, I was bored and went to the gym again (unlike me.) I re-hit the chest again in a couple areas, lightly, just to finish it off. Then finished the workout with some cardio.

Sunday am, was the big legs morning. Changed up the routine a bit, but didn't up the weights. Tried to rep things up a little. My shoulder (left) was bothering me a lot, so I did some light cuban's to help (hopefully) encourage stabilization, and reduce the binding, and crunching! Also my (left) bicep/forearm was still hurting, a lot, and any exercises that I tried, were really pretty useless. I just did some massage, and light weights. My friend, thinks it's tennis elbow. I'm not sure. I think it's the side of the bicep and forearm. Anyway I didn't do any bicep work. The rest of the workout was good, finished off with some light cardio.

Asthma has been bothering me, somewhat, so I did a few asthma exercises. It seemed to help

By the time I went swimming sunday night, it seemed very good. I was gentle on the shoulder and bicep/forearm, at first, they were a little sore. Pushed hard through the triceps to finish, and rocked out a pretty good time, on the last interval. I was happy, that it was quick, and my breathing was better

I looked up tennis elbow. I don't think that's what I have. I did do some deep massage, after my morning shower. It seemed to help. My friend suggested laying off, but repping out some really light weights, just to keep the muscle memory. For now, it will be light weights, no serious bicep or forearm work, save fore some light light weights.
    Too bad it's my left (smaller arm) otherwise I'd feel okay, just working the opposite one.
    I guess I'm lucky it's not too bad.

(after I searched the forum) Some people are completely f-d up, with this type of injury.

Wish me luck.
    Best of luck with your injury. As one who's had to deal with R-arm tennis elbow for years and been f-d up, its never seemed to affect my forearm nor seemed to hurt that much swimming. Aside from massage with Tiger Balm, the only other thing that's helped is working with low wts and hi reps.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HoustonTXMuscle View Post
    Best of luck with your injury. As one who's had to deal with R-arm tennis elbow for years and been f-d up, its never seemed to affect my forearm nor seemed to hurt that much swimming. Aside from massage with Tiger Balm, the only other thing that's helped is working with low wts and hi reps.
    Thanks TX

I've been able to tolerate some (deep) self massage on the bicep and forearm. I don't think that it's exactly like a tennis elbow, but there is some serious muscle adhesions deep in the outer bicep area, near the lower insertion point, and upper forearm.
    The good news is the aggressive massage seems to be helping. I use a bit of oil on the arm, then post-shower use the towel to help finish off the muscle.

After going to the gym last night, i worked pretty lightly on the biceps. I used one HS machine which isolates the biceps. I used it on my left bicep, to stretch the muscle, on the negative.
    I did a slow release, then applied pressure, with the fingers, to the sticky areas of the brachialis while doing slow negatives. It actually did feel like it was releasing and stretching the muscle.

it felt good enough to go heavier, but the "stupid" alarm went off in my head, and I thought it would be better to wait until next week
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

It was cardio night, tonight. 40 mins moderate on the cross trainer.

It was training night tonight. I had my regular trainer. He freakin killed me with drop sets, for the whole session.

I had so much lactic acid, in my triceps (from a hard workout in the gym two nights before) that I wasn't able to move my arms, as well as I would have liked.

It makes me appreciate, the value of my swimming, in concert with the gym work. If I had gone swimming Weds night (yesterday) like usual, I would have likely purged a lot of the actic acit out of my arms, and have been able to do much better tonight.

A lot of the work, was chest, and I really felt that my arms were limiting me, and limiting the hit on the chest. <annoying>

I worked hard anyway. I know th hard work will pay off, I'm just kind of pissed at myself. I knew what to expect, and couldn't push as hard as usual.

Forced myself, to go swimming tonight. I was feeling kind of lazy. Arms, shoulders, chest were achinc from the night before. Triceps were kind of nasty too, but I managed to force out a few decent 200m's relying soley on my tris, to power me through. I had absolutely no arm speed.

Asthma was kind of bad tonight. Better after swimming. That's what I kept telling myself, but it was kind of a tough warm up. Breathing wasn't great.

Pool was hellishly busy and noisy tonight. Usually it's quieter Friday nights. Unfortunately, it was boy scout night. Screaming kids everywhere

Glad I went, and did a workout. Should feel better tomorrow
    Last edited by 67fastback; 01-28-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Pretty good legs workout this morning. I improved in some areas. I want to get deeper on the leg press. When I get deep enough, then strong enough, I'll venture back into the squat rack.

Picked up an ab rollout wheel, Friday, and put it to use in the gym (their's broke) I missed it. Also got in some bent knee dragon flags. Next week I hope to do more.

Still my asthma is not great.

I was feeling lazy tonight, but forced myself to go swimming, because I knew it would help my asthma.
    Better than Friday night, still not great, but going in the right direction.

all in all a good exercise day, today.

Tues 180.6#
    SS 1 3X 10sec
    Standing upright BB row (lower traps) 15/50#
    single DB bent over row 15/50#DB
    Bench Dip 20/BW

SS2 5x 10 sec rest
    MTS Bi Curl (light work and massage - through movement- stretching on the injured right bicep) 3/20/30 15/40 10/50 alt left then right
    MTS Tricep 3/20/30 15/ 40 10/50 alt sides

SS3 4x 5 sec rest cable work with the double ended rope
    Standing cable row 10 @ 50, 60, 60, 60
    Standing Bi Curl 10 @ 50, 60, 60, 60
    Standing tri PD 10 @ 80, 100, 100 100

SS4 6X 15 sec rest
    Wide grip Pullup 6/5/BW Emphasis on chest to bar full ROM
    Pec/chest ripper 6/10/30/side cables

SS5 3X 10 Sec
    Trax flat back row/pull up 3/10/BW
    Ab Rollout (wheel) 3/10/from knees (these suckers really hurting still from Sunday -means i did a good job I guess )

11 min speed cardio on the X-Trainer - worked on my breathing pattern (asthma is still bad this month)

All in all I am happy. the left bicep seems to be getting better. I've got to stay cautious so I don't do something stupid, and reinjure it. The MTS machine is good, I can do light isolation curls, and apply pressure to the adhesions in the muscle, with my right hand (and knuckles) to try and break them up on the negative (stretch)

Well the song “we run” by strange advance came to mind tonight, as I went for my first run, in about 6-7 months.

I use the term “run” loosely, because I am not a runner. Even when I jog, typically it’s a struggle, and I’d describe myself more as a pavement-pounder, who is either feeling the pavement crack, or my ankles crack, as I plod along.

So tonight, when I decided to go for a “run” it was actually for relief related to my asthma. More than any other exercise, when my asthma is bad, going for a run, helps my breathing. A LOT!

So that was the goal, jog a couple of blocks, and free up my breathing.

And I’m going to restate, that I have been doing absolutely no running, at all.

In the gym, I’ve been doing more leg work, and more complete leg workouts, but nothing aerobic. No treadmill. The closest thing I have come to running, is a few cardio sessions in the gym, where I go on the cross-fit for 10-20 minutes.

So out I go running;
    Hmmm, there seems to be a spring in my step. That won’t last, I tell myself, as I turn to the uphill section away from our house.

Wow, I’m just gliding up the hill. This can’t be right.

So without writing a novel here. Usually my first run of the season, is a stop and go event, where I have to massage my knees, between smacking my feet on the sidewalk for a couple of blocks, and being completely winded, by the end of the run.

I was actually running, pretty fast (for me) and until my quads started to get a little fatigued near the end. I’m not a skinny person, either. I have a good amount more upper body, than I did last year, too!

metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) metalmullisha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 67fastback View Post

I use the term “run” loosely, because I am not a runner. Even when I jog, typically it’s a struggle, and I’d describe myself more as a pavement-pounder, who is either feeling the pavement crack, or my ankles crack, as I plod along.
    You just described me to a T
    **** TwinlabFuel Representative ****
    Follow me on Instagram: @silenced_recon

If you're going through hell, keep going.

For all your days be prepared, and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear...when you are the hammer, strike.

Squat- 545/ Deadlift- 585/ Bench-435

Simply put, I've been too busy to post all my workouts.

Everything is going great. I have changed up my workouts quite significantly, in the last three weeks.
    I am shooting for max # for 3 reps, at the end of each main set. Before this, I was doing quite a bit of volume.

So far, I've had some good gains on leg press, hack squat and BP.

I am also isolating my left arm (bicep/shoulder) for some more work on it's own. Due to shoulder surgery, many years ago, this arm is significantly weaker and reluctant to grow.
    I think the low reps, will help, especially since that side is so much weaker.
    I can do the movements to max #, before the supporting and stabilizing muscles wear out.

When I do high volume on that side, the stablizing muscles fatigue too, and then the shoulder joint hurts, or can move out of normal range.

On the diet side, I am trying to change things up a little more, targeting my lack of energy in the evening.

Now that the weather is getting nicer, I want to do more outdoor activities.

I even rode my bike to the gym on LEG DAY. This was okay, but I realized that when I was almost at the gym, I was going all down hill! That meant, after the leg workout, I would have to ride all UP HILL back home.

So much for thinking Actually I was fine, since I didn't do volume, and went for #.

Cheers

POST BROKEN ANKLE - WEEK 1

Now that I broke my ankle (in two places) I have time to post.
    Before the accident, I was too busy doing stuff, to be online.

Okay, so my ankle;
    I broke it Wednesday morning last week.

Had it splinted, Wednesday, late afternoon. (hurt like an sob – see morphine doesn’t work for me, below)

Went back Thursday afternoon, and waited for surgery. I found out that the morphine, which they were giving me for pain, didn’t seem to be doing much. Finally surgery happened about dinner time.

I had a spinal anesthetic, which worked well, but meant an overnight stay. Went home Friday, late afternoon.

It was quite an adaptation. Saturday I was already going stir-crazy, not being able to do anything.
    Sunday a.m. my wife had a ½ marathon, so I got up early to drop her off. Went home, had breakfast, and went to the gym.

It was unique, using the Life-fit machines, instead of free-weights, and I tried to keep the leg elevated, where possible.

I felt better, after going to the gym, both physically and mentally.
    Chatted with quite a few folks there. General consensus, was that they were a little surprised that I was working out.

So summary; Workout 1hr 45min mostly general upper body, with focus on chest, and bi’s. Did some light back, lats, tris, & shoulders work. None of the exercises, were the same, as what I usually do, so the numbers are not too meaningful yet.

I'm feeling enthusiastic, so I think I’d like to go again tonight, if time permits.

Diet wise, I’m going to have to revamp my food intake significantly, since my cardio workouts are going to be non-existent, for the near future. This will be tough.

I am working very hard in the gym. Upper body only.

Yesterday, I went to get my splint removed, staples taken out and fitted for an aircast.

I went to the gym last night. The ankle definitely feels more secure in the aircast. Slightly more sore, with the slight alteration in ankle position.

It's darn tough figuring out a cycle for a full week of upper body only, in the gym.

Had 12 staples on one side, and between 16-18 on the other side, plus some screws and a plate in the ankle.
    Attached Images

My bi-monthly, or whatever update.

Still getting lots of positive feedback from people, who seem to be encouraged by seeing me workout. It works both ways. I am also encouraged by their enthusiasm.

Using lots of ice on the ankle, and working out about 4-5 times a week.

Interesting Fact;
    When I was in the hospital, last, I was thinking that I needed more calcium, to promote, bone growth.

NO. Surgeon says; HIGH PROTIEN DIET!

Really!? Okay, well that was easy.
    BUT no summer cut, for me. I am keeping my food intake, a little on the plus-side, to make certain I have the nutrients, that I need.

I go back in the hospital, in less than 2 weeks. Hoping to get positive news, and I am already geared up, for hard work at physiotherapy, and swimming, to get the ankle back in shape.

Still kind of bored, not being able to do too much. I did work on the mustang, a couple days ago. I need to buy myself a small rolling garage seat LOL.

Went to see the surgeon, yesterday.
    I am approved for physiotherapy
    He said I can also start swimming, in maybe 2 weeks.

I am totally off the crutches, in 4 weeks and can go up and down stairs, in the air cast.
    I even did some light work (zero setting) on the X-fit machine (up/down motion only - not cycle)

I have narrowed down to two possible physio's.
    One centre, works with the local professional soccer team, and had a friend's recommendation
    The other, is a business like hands-on place, with another friend's recommendation.

In speaking to a lot of people, who have had ankle breaks. ROM is critical. Good physio, is critical.

I am prepared to work hard at my recovery!

I am absolutely STOKED with the progress, and feel GREAT. It feels like I just learned to walk again. I feel so lucky and grateful!
    Stay tuned

Day +1 of Physio.

I won't see my physio for a couple days, but have researched what I need to do, and am getting started.

Last night consisted of some gentle movement of the ankle, back and forth.

What I found, fairly quckly was that there were a lot of ahesions, and a lot of lingering swelling.

My self therapy, consisted of elevating the ankle, while laying down, and massaging the swelling, down through the front and back of the lower leg.

I'm sure there is a lot of damage to the lymphatic system, and blood system.

Next, after doing that, I returned to flexing the ankle back and forth gently. I moved it, until I felt resistance or a pain level of 1/10. I then massaged the connective tissue around the joint, and the tendons, where they were "sticky."

I finished by massaging the base of the foot. It feels like there is a lot of stiffness, in the tissues there. Fairly deep, but no surface bruising. The massage I used was very gentle, just to get a little of the soreness out but not too deep.

------
    Day +2

This morning, the ankle looked a little better, a little less swollen.
    I repeated much of what I did last night. Movement with no resistance. There was a little more ROM. A little less pain, so I pushed, just a small amount more, and just a little deeper massage on the tendons, and connective tissue, at the sticky spots.
    Not enough to cause pain, because I assume the body is still repairing itself, but trying to use sensible limits.

I deepened the massage on the bottom of my foot, trying to mobilize more "sticky" tissue. It feels like I ran a marathon, but my foot hasn't been moving!

Overall I am pleased with the small improvement. I hope to have reasonable movement, by the time I see the physio, lat this week.

Goal = to be swimming in 1 week.

JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Good luck and may your ankle heal fast.
    Aesthetic Nutsack Crew
    Plays with balls as I MISC Crew
    No underwear Crew
    Raw dog Crew

Originally Posted by JustBulk View Post
    Good luck and may your ankle heal fast.
    Thanks a lot.

Day +3
    When I went to the gym, last night it was crazy busy. I nixed the upper body workout, and decided to work on some ankle flexion and strength.

Removed the Air-cast

I was VERY nervous, but started by having my good (right) leg as a back-up, in case the weak one let go.

So I used the plate press, both legs, but worked the ankle (calf) through some flex, and light strength, at 0#, just the weight of the press.
    Did that for about 15 minutes.

Switched over to the calf extension.
    Placed a measly 2.5, 5, and then 20 and 25# on the machine, and used my weak (left) ankle to go through several movements, mostly concentrating on flex, and ROM
    Did that for about 10-15 minutes

Lastly finished with HS Quad Extensions. I can do 180# with my right leg only, so that's where I set it, and went through a set 3/10/180 letting my left quad take a % of the weight.

All in all a pretty light stress on the healing ankle.

On a side note; Doing such light weight makes me feel like a newbie/slacker in the gym. I know I have to get that out of my head, and take it easy, not rush things. Still I feel like I want to ramp it up. That will be a big challenge for me.

-------

Woke up this morning, with (I think) a little less swelling. When I went into the shower this morning, the left ankle had noticable strength and stability improvement. Did not hurt as much either.

When I flexed it after the shower, It, visually appeared to have more ROM, than the day before.

I feel VERY positive about this!

The plan is, today to do more of the same. Gentle ROM work and light strength work. Keep my enthusiasm in check, and not do anything stupid.

test.jpg
    My hardware
    Last edited by 67fastback; 06-07-2012 at 11:04 AM.

It looks like I made a good choice, of a physiotherapist.

I was very happy, with the setup, and process.

My appointment was only 1 hour, but I was worked on, for almost 2 hours!

Happy especially since, I heard that one of the places, I reviewed, and did not choose, was very bad.

I'll update in a few days.

Been to another 2 hr physio session. He even had me on the stationary bike!

Icing is going to be important, for me.

Went to the gym this morning, I gotta high five from the receptionist, for getting out of my crutches so fast!

Worked mostly on all of the exercises that the physio, gave me to do, plus a little bit of leg work.
    Mostly band work with emphasis on ankle flexibility.
    Quads, hamstrings, and light calf work on the injured ankle side, using the plate press and calf extension machine.

I was walking (hobbling) around the gym, without my aircast on!

I even drove the 'stang (HD race clutch) with the aircast on!

Well the rehab is going pretty decently. Last night, I got in the water, with pullbuoys on (arms only) and worked on some upper boody in the water.

Man my shoulders were very stiff and locked up from the weeks of using crutches, and upper body only workouts.

It felt awesome being back in the water. Maybe I can peel off some of this extra BF% that I built up on the mini-bulk, while my bones were healing haha!

Ankle was decent.

It looks a little red on one of the scars, this morning. I'm hoping that it is not infection. I might have to get that checked out.

Yeah it is infected

Went to the surgeon yesterday, and he prescribed some AB's

Yesterday I didn't do much of anything except ice the ankle. It was so swollen, and puffy.

It was decent, much better looking this morning, when I woke up. Still swelled up quite fast. Not as bad as yesterday. I am taking it easy. Just ice, no exercise yet. I just don't want to f..k anything up, by pushing at the wrong time.

Still I am pissed at the setback I expected to have such a good week, on the recovery, instead I have taken a big backwards step.

Yesterday I iced the ankle a lot. Didn't do any physio, other than passive movement.

I decided to go swimming, hoping that the cool water, and light motion, would help.

Maybe got in around 1600 meters in the 1/2 hour. A little less stiffness in the shoulders. I spent about 5-10 minutes doing some ankle flexion exercises in the water.

The have a super cold shower, so I blasted the ankle after the workout.

Some silly kid (25 y/o) wanted in there (handicap shower) and asked me to hurry-up. I showed him the scars and said he was going to have to wait a sec, as it's the only shower with hand rails. kids sheesh...

So far this morning, the ankle feels better. Not as much burning heat from the scar areas, not quite as much redness.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I wnat to get back in the gym, but want to be sensible, and not do anything to aggravate the swelling right now.

Depressed

Ankle is healing up, and I feel stronger and more flexible.

Physio, says I have to go back to the hospital and get the infection looked at. AB's are not working that good.

Damn

I'm on antibiotic therapy at the hospital, once a day, now. Plus I have to lay low, and take it easy.
    This is the toughest part, taking it easy.

Yahoo, I'm now off the I V antibiotics! Feels great, after having that crappy hose in my forearm all day long. (could not do any exercises that flexed the wrist)

OKAY
    I decided this morning, with a little more than 4 weeks to summer beach vacation, I am going to start my VERY serious cut (that would have started more gradually 8 weeks ago)

Definitely gained some unwanted weight over the time I was on antibiotics, both the pills and the IV, but am excited too.

I also think the cut will help, in reducing the swelling impact on my ankle (still swells a lot when I stand up)

I am going to weigh in at the gym, tonight, I guess, or at the swimming pool, where-ever I go.

It is going to be a big challenge, because I cannot do intense cardio, and cannot use my left ankle much, other than controlled light movements, until the infection is completely gone.

Super strict diet, fairly serious upper body work, to burn some calories, and maintain mass, super light or no cardio, and not much legs.

Wow, not the usual cut formula. I'm going to try and post a lot, on my journal to keep motivated! Maybe take a blubbery pic of myself LOL

So far so good. I have cleaned up my diet significantly and am trying to do the right things, and take it easy on the ankle.

Went swimming Sunday night. It was not bad, took it easy, doing only about 1.5K in the 30 or so minutes. Easy sets, with a little bit of stretching and ankle massage between.

Monday night, I wnet to the gym, concentrating on (light) sets of chest and shoulder work. Spent about 1/2 hour on ankle flexion and balance work. Iced it when I got home.

The ankle is still pretty swollen, as well as the lower calf muscle and foot.

Physio says I cannot use the no-pain/no-gain philosophy, with my ankle. I have to let it heal properly, or I will be adding time to the recovery.
    This is tough. I'm used to pushing, but I'm trying to behave, and take it easy.

Still have a week of oral AB's befor I am off them entirely.

I hope that is enough to get rid of the infection completely.

Oh yeah, I am about 3 lbs lighter from the same time last week

Went to see the GP, yesterday. I have cellulitis, which is a fancy name for infection in the deep tissues of the skin. It is getting better, however, I have to be patient.

The physio was crorrect, in saying that he did not want any high tempo exercise, until the infection was gone, as it can spread the infection, through the blood.

So moderate exercise. continuing physio, continuing antibiotics. Trying to be patient and take it easy.

I didn't do any exercise, yesterday.

Today, I'll try something different. Compression bandages, elevation, alternating with ice and activity. The theory being that there are a lot of damagedd blood vessels, and lymphatic systems. Hopefully that will reduce the swelling and help the infection get healed faster!

Cutting calories will also help, in reducing my weight, and pressure on the leg, so continuing the cut, maybe even stricter now, as I have motivation

I think that the compression bandaging helped, somewhat, yesterday.

I had a pretty intense 2 hour physio session, yesterday. My ankle was definitely a little sore this morning. It's difficult to tell, if the swelling is going down much or not, day to day. I think that it feels a little better.

Did some minor weight work yesterday, just to reintroduce some of the muscles to working again. I don't know how much the antibiotics, are effecting the body's systems, also.

I feel like doing more, but still not allowed, by the docs.

Yesterday I had a decent day, both diet wise, and exercise.

Hit the pool for a few laps. Ankle felt alright under the low stress movement.
    Today it feels good.
    I want to do more, because it feels like I am walking more normally now.

I am supposed to be cautious, because of the infection

In the water I did some squats, one leg squats and light jumps. Felt okay with the floatation, assist.

Motivation wise, I am feeling better, after last night's short, light swim workout. I felt like pushing, but made myself stop.

Compression, ice most of the day today, and physiotherapy tonight. I will try and get in a swim later tonight also.